[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just work hard bro :D Yeah, how am I supposed to do that?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 11
File: 1453828658467.png (47 KB, 325x275) Image search: [Google]
1453828658467.png
47 KB, 325x275
>just work hard bro :D

Yeah, how am I supposed to do that? If I've been raised as lazy and incompetent since I was a little kid? It's literally humanly impossible, so go fuck yourselves if you ever give this "advice".
>>
pretty much, I've been a recluse with all the basic necessities taken care off.
>>
>>28699184
So why aren't you working hard?
>>
>>28699247
why would I? low chance of success and I'm become comfortable with what I have.
>>
>>28699286
I've*

orig
>>
>>28699286
No you didn't. I know you're unhappy. Why aren't you working hard?
>>
>>28699327
never said I was happy just comfortable. I literally can't go outside without breaking into a sweat. There is no cure for this anxiety so being on my own is the best alternative.
>>
>>28699363
I know a cure for anxiety, but it's total despair. the two can't coexist
>>
>>28699363
Why are you breaking into a sweat? Did something happen to you?
>>
>>28699129
Normals want to artificially keep the definition of 'you can' as broad as possible (they want the term 'possible to do' denote as much as possible). They do this because it staves off the nagging awareness that otherwise they would be morally obliged to step out and actually help people become happy, accomplished, educated, etc. So they construct the responsibility-shifting world where 'you can' do everything. And since this is clearly wrong, because of limitations of behaviour, personality, temperament, inhibitions, emotion, drive, ... , least they can do is to construct a circular, immaterial form whereby 'you can' is unfalsifiably predicated on '...if only you ensure that it happens' ('try', 'do your best', 'don't give up', 'follow your dreams', 'give effort', 'are dedicated', and endless variations). It says nothing about the real world, it says 'x happens if conditions necessary for x happening (there being necessary drive, motivation, etc.) take place', but it's enough for the normal to insult you when you point their error out. They tell you you reject responsibility for your life while it's them who do that.
>>
>>28699397
I care too much about what people think of me and judge me. It runs through my mind and then physical symptoms such as sweating, feeling dizzy and unwell start to occur. It is not something I can control or stop so I prefer to be alone.
>>
>>28699444
don't you eventually reach a state of exhaustion where you don't have the energy to care anymore?
>>
File: 1444352703051.gif (848 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
1444352703051.gif
848 KB, 665x662
>you don't need any motivation
>just take action and motivation will come
>>
I didn't do anything until 18(played video games all day) and when I got my first job everyone commended me on how good working I was. You're juist excusing yourself.
>>
File: 27062427.png (135 KB, 483x442) Image search: [Google]
27062427.png
135 KB, 483x442
>>28699129
>If I've been raised as lazy and incompetent since I was a little kid?

FUCKING THIS. REEEEEEEEE.

Nobody realises or accepts the fact that if you're born into a sheltered, comfortable, overly loving household where you are neither trained for hardships nor encouraged to do great things, you turn out as a USELESS PILE OF SHIT.

Yeah, kids who were abused or abandoned, or worse, technically have it worse. But those experiences make them tougher and more resilient. They learn how to be adults by basically being forced by metaphorical gunpoint. Kids who were mollycoddled and experienced no strictness at home don't learn to do anything.

Ironically, having too comfortable of a childhood has completely screwed me over. I'm now lazy and incapable of putting even the tiniest modicum of effort into absolutely anything. JUST FUCK ME UP SENPAI.
>>
>>28699478
I become exhausted just by being around people, doesn't stop the symptoms from occurring. It's almost subconscious, not something I can control.
>>
>>28699483
I literally have no motivation and do everything by way of inertia, problem is normans still think badly of me because I look unmotivated or whatever goes through their thick skulls
>>
File: 1444194897434.jpg (261 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1444194897434.jpg
261 KB, 900x900
>fake it till you make it, it's not hard
>>
File: 1444624786608.jpg (17 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1444624786608.jpg
17 KB, 399x388
>get the fuck over yourself and make effort. Virtually nothing stopping you.
>>
>>28699515
How old are you? What's your day like?
>>
>>28699410
Man you're giving me a headache. Explain to me like I'm a retard.
>>
>>28699515
>I-It's everyone else's fault but mine!

Grow the fuck up. Laziness isn't a mental illness,it just means you have zero willpower and you're an absolute coward. Just stop being Lazy. You're going to try turn this around on me and pretend I'm a normie,but that's literally all it is. Grow up you useless baby and stop being lazy.
>>
>>28699752
Sorry..

Normals will disregard statistical data regarding whether a shitty piece of advice such as 'just try harder bro' tends to be effective or not, tends to make a lasting change of your priorities or not, by saying that even if it fails, even if it's objectively impotent, then it was YOUR CHOICE to disregard it, so to cling to the delusion that the advice was 'fine and potent alright', and you are to blame... because otherwise they'd have to exert themselves to come up with better aid, such as actually advicing you on housing or relationships or job or education. They're lazy.
>>
>>28699809
>>28699752
In other words, whenever something -- a piece of advice, a situation, something having fucked up your life -- turns out to be shitty, they default, like >>28699799 has done, to the childish mentality of blame, 'YOU LET THIS HAPPEN WAAH WAHH', rather than responsibly identifying the problem's real causes (is the failure owing to upbringing? genes? undermedication? what's its relation to health, addictions, politics of the country, ...) and working with those.
>>
>>28699733
Average. I struggle to even get out of bed without it feeling like I'm trying to lift a fucking boulder. I'm not depressed in the sense of hating life, just in the sense of everything feeling like SO MUCH effort, and therefore me not wanting to do it.

>>28699799
>Grow up you useless baby and stop being lazy.

But HOW??? Please explain to me how I am supposed to "stop being lazy" when I have been methodically conditioned to be lazy for literally my entire life.
>>
>>28699809
>>28699844
In short, in a prehistorical parable, the robot would relate fire to motion, friction, heat, light, and eventually intuit a way to lit it, while the normal would sit there and complain that THE FIRE IS LAZY WHY WON'T IT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITSELF AND LIT ITSELF THE FIRE IS SUCH A FUCKING COWARD BABY.
>>
>>28699934
So what are we to do, the people whose lives are fucked up?
>>
>>28699947
There is no 'to'. Meaningful questions are those of matter. Ask me about whether something exists or not, whether your brain is motivated or not, and I will answer to the best of my capacity. I also know myself enough to know that I wish you well and I wish you motivation. But I won't delude you that your future depends 'on yourself'. You're, like myself, just a heap of flesh that periodically submits and receives verbal and non-verbal feedback. For instance, you've just provoked me to submit the following feedback back to you: 'Try your best! :) '. It's all determined.
>>
>>28699982
If it's all determined, how can I determine myself to work for a brighter future? I am currently determined to be lazy.
>>
>>28700042
You cannot. This truth is sometimes bleak. There is no self-determination. (Just don't confuse this with the Buddhist idiocy that 'the self doesn't exist'.)

But the brighter side is that few people's future is really broken. There's statistically a lot of happiness waiting for you. Just be cool about rationally judging the proportion: don't get lured into thinking that 'you can choose to be happy', instead of always exclusively basing your conclusions on comparisons with other people like you (your background, present emotional state, etc.).
>>
>>28700082
>>28700042
Also, I trust that you have the modicum of decency to acknowledge that 'if you reject free will, then you'll never undertake anything in your life again!!!' is nonsense.
>>
>If I've been raised as lazy and incompetent since I was a little kid? It's literally humanly impossible, so go fuck yourselves if you ever give this "advice".

>"waaaaaah im such a victim because I'm an irresolute manchild"
Stop being a victim, own up to your shittyness, and work to improve yourself, anon. You're embarassing yourself in front of all of your friends.
>>
>>28699444
Plot twist: There is a cure for this.
>>
>>28700182
>Stop being a victim, own up to your shittyness, and work to improve yourself, anon.

But how? Nobody is telling us HOW.
>>
File: 0276 - mYbyRO9.jpg (42 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
0276 - mYbyRO9.jpg
42 KB, 499x499
>>28699410
dude that was pretty good

do you have anymore ?

or like some kind of recommendations

thanks for posting that
>>
>>28700082
So you're saying I should just wait for happiness? Or the world to arrange itself in such a manner that I will receive happiness? This is such a mindfuck. I'm already expecting unhappiness, to be honest. Maybe that in itself is what's brought me here. But the impossibility of myself-determination lies in the fact that I don't even WANT to progress and be happy. And I can't make myself do it. So yeah, there's no solution to that.
>>
>>28700183
I'm all ears

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
You have been muted for 4 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
>>28700198
What the fuck do you mean "how"? You just do it. You take small steps. Even if one day, you take the smallest step you've ever taken, you just keep going, never looking back.

You want to know what looking back is like? It looks like every person in this thread who whines about being lazy, every person defending that laziness, every person who victimises themselves in order to justify their own shitty lifestyle.
>>
>>28700198
>>28700082 here. All meaningful advice has the form of 'when x, y' (correlations). For instance: 'when your parents raise you this or that way, your self-perception is x% higher...'. Or 'when you get a girlfriend in the age 15..20, this is in a relationship with your school performance...'. Or 'when the allele whatever...your brain is...'. Such falsifiable claims are then free to influence your priorities... in any way that your brain has been naturally and nurturally predisposed to. For instance, in your case, it might result in you seeking a vicarious family. Or a brain surgery. Who knows? It depends on your past.

Just beware of pseudoclaims of 'when you succeed, you succeed' ('when you give effort, that which takes effort is achieved'...such as >>28700290. Those are non-facts.

>>28700220
No, I'm not saying you, or anyone else, 'should' do anything. There is no should. There is only matter. Anything that 'should' ever translates to is presence of motivating chemicals in my brain. My 'I should write what I'm writing at the moment' only exists as 'my past has determined my preference for 4chan, written media, etc'.

>>28700216
I did go all-out in that post, yes. Thanks. No, I don't really save my posts, sorry.
>>
>>28700198

>stop being a victim
literally drop all the bullshit from your past and try to see things from other peoples' perspectives. Just recognize your life goals (i.e., where you want to be in 1 month, 1 year, 5 years, etc) and strive to better yourself as a person. Be accepting of others but don't surround yourself with people who bring you down.

>own up to your own shttyness
Learn as you live. Every failure in life is a lesson. One of my middle school teachers told me, "The only mistake is the one in which you learn nothing." Be honest and real with yourself and don't be a afraid to fail.

>improve yourself
This is widely dependent on what your "goals" are. It is fact that the mind and the body are one, so you should participate in regular fitness. If you are in the US there is a high that you are generally unhealthy. Take classes maybe and strive towards a career that makes you happy. For example, I'm taking classes to be a competitive swimming coach which happens to be one of my few hobbies. Whatever you want to do. The world is your oyster.
>>
Just work hard bro

t. middle to upper class person
>>
>>28700198

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyhOmBPtGNM

this video kind of inspires my perspective on the world
>>
File: OP.jpg (129 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
129 KB, 630x420
>BWAA BWAA ITS ALL MY PAWENTS FAULT
>WHY SOULD I BE WESPONIBLE FOR MY ACTIONS?
>BWAAAA
pic related its you
>>
>>28699845
you need to get into inertia. then things will probably remain difficult but not impossible as they may seem now.
my suggestion is to start small, if you're in a really bad state start by making a commitment to do something that requires maybe 20 minutes
>>
>>28700321
The motivating chemicals in my brain aren't there. They haven't been for a long ass time, probably starting in childhood. So that means nootropics and exercise and a few others would set things right. At least I was determined to wonder about these things. If I wasn't, I would've probably died a loser at some point. Still not sure about that though.
>>
>>28699129
>blame your parents

Take responsibility for your own self.
>>
>>28700584
responsibility is a social construct
>>
File: 1448861447177.jpg (21 KB, 400x363) Image search: [Google]
1448861447177.jpg
21 KB, 400x363
>>28700379
>>28700584
>your parents aren't responsible for your development in life even though it's made of nature (your parents' genetics) and nurture (how they raised you)
>>
>>28700658
You're an adult now, you can make your own decisions.
>>
>>28700562
I'm glad to apparently have encouraged you to relate your current state to external factors and not remain mentally limited to 'it was my fault' or 'it was my doing'.

...The way this moron is: >>28700676
>>
>>28700676
>you can make your OWN decisions even though the process of doing so is determined by nature (your parents' genetics) and nurture (how they raised you)
>>
>>28700705
Anon, anon, do you like getting insulted? Have you not seen all those 'waah's and 'baby's and 'lazy's and 'coward's already?
>>
>>28700692
>>28700705
>>28700658
Alright then, so how is it your parents fault? They were raised by their parents, so it's your grandparents fault then, right? oh no wait, they were raised by THEIR parents, so's fucking fault is it then? Can't be anybody's then, fuck the world for existing, amiright?
>>
Nice job ignoring the best advice in this thread retards

>>28700330
>>
>>28700746
>Alright then, so how is it your parents fault? They were raised by their parents, so it's your grandparents fault then, right? oh no wait, they were raised by THEIR parents, so's fucking fault is it then?

Exactly. Absolutely. The causal network extends generations and geological and cosmological ages back.

>fuck the world for existing

The essence of the normal's mind right here. Inseparable conflation of 'it was x's CAUSE' with 'it was x's FAULT'. We don't blame; we attribute. It's in your mind only that it is one.
>>
>>28700731
You're the one with the childish mentality. Insults instead of arguments.
>>
>>28700785
Have you been reading Sam Harris or?
>>
>>28700842
I remember reading him, laughing in disbelief at his immaterial ramblings about the mind and consciousness, and forgetting about him.
>>
>>28700785
If you honestly think this is a defense, then no wonder you're a failure who can't achieve anything.
>>
>>28700854
He pushes meditation a lot. Aside from whatever bullshit they usually bundle meditation with, don't you think it's a great tool?
>>
>>28700788
>childish mentality
>buts blame on everyone except yourself
yeahoksuretherepal
>>
>>28700857
What if you can't achieve stuff BECAUSE you attribute your life to determinism? What if we actively need to deny determinism so our brain can go to work for us?
>>
>>28700785
can you recommend me some videos, too lazy to read
>>
>>28700909
He does. Just read this:

>There are ways to really live in the present moment. What's the alternative? It is always now. However much you feel you may need to plan for the future, to anticipate it, to mitigate risks, the reality of your life is now. This may sound trite... but it's the truth... As a matter of conscious experience, the reality of your life is always now. I think this is a liberating truth about the human mind. In fact, I think there is nothing more important to understand about your mind than that if you want to be happy in this world. The past is a memory. It's a thought arising in the present. The future is merely anticipated, it is another thought arising now. What we truly have is this moment. And this. And we spend most of our lives forgetting this truth. Repudiating it. Fleeing it. Overlooking it. And the horror is that we succeed. We manage to never really connect with the present moment and find fulfillment there because we are continually hoping to become happy in the future, and the future never arrives.

DRIPPING with connotations of 'don't think about the future, don't think about the past, contemplate self, contemplate self, don't think, don't think, don't think'. It doesn't get much more heavy-handed than this.

Or this:

>Your life doesn't get any better than your mind is: You might have wonderful friends, perfect health, a great career, and everything else you want, and you can still be miserable. The converse is also true: There are people who basically have nothing--who live in circumstances that you and I would do more or less anything to avoid--who are happier than we tend to be because of the character of their minds. Unfortunately, one glimpse of this truth is never enough. We have to be continually reminded of it.

Heavy-handed 'don't think about material goods, contemplate, contemplate, DON'T think about pursuing anything...'.

Buddhist manipulation wears so thin and transparent once you see through it.
>>
>>28700948
There are people who don't push blame away from themselves and achieve things, but no, I guess your bubble of denial is the only way to succeed in life, who knew that all of humanity was wrong until this one anon helped us all, who knew.
Unless of course, you read the original post, and the OP is saying that it's his parents fault and is STILL a little shit.
>>
>>28700972
>>28700909
Continued...

No, 'meditation' is just a way to get you to self-absorb. Self-absorption results in a superficial impression that you've 'understood yourself more', because your attention is now consumed by the monitor of your thoughts and feelings. But any productive mind-wandering, noticing things about the environment, is crippled. Sellers of 'meditation' then say that it can allow you to notice when your mind has been distracted, e.g. by self-absorption, and reput your mind on track, but that's (1) just not true, because 'meditation' simply objectively works the way that it keeps you from noticing external things, and that notwithstanding, it would be using it to fix a problem that it itself created in the first place. And any emotional benefits come down to decreased drive, ambition, etc.: you're mellower, chiller, and eventually a failure. You only succeed at 'being nice :) ' and 'loving yourself :) '. This is objective, too, 'meditation' builds your empathy centres or such useless shit.

It's pants-on-retarded and has no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>28701022
>There are people who don't push blame away from themselves and achieve things
there's also the opposite, people who blame themselves and still achieve nothing.
>>
>>28700972
Yeah but meditation is supposed to be something of a temporary, albeit regular practice. You can't actually meditate all the time, and I'm not sure anyone's suggesting that. I don't know why Sam Harris and others feel the need to go into buddhist territory though. Hasn't meditation without any attached dogma been proven a great tool of mental gains?
>>
>>28701086
That doesn't disprove my point, my point was that unlike what >>28700948 said, acting like it's the world's fault is not the 'secret' to success.
>>
More importantly why should you work hard? If you got born a tall good looking Chad you would have to work much less. It's not fair.
>>
>>28701114
>Hasn't meditation without any attached dogma been proven a great tool of mental gains?

No. This is a very common misconception. It's intentionally only been related to mental *grinding*, such as actually benefits from being reminded that 'oops, there is the tax form before me, my mind wandered, sorry, sorry'. But creativity takes the very mind-wandering and absent-mindedness which is vilified by 'meditation' pushers. If you want to be a docile drone, 'meditate'. If you want to come by any conclusions or even basic sense of humour, you need to unchain your mind from the constant 'oh, I just noticed that my thought has flown'.
>>
>>28701172
>>28701114
It goes into thousands that my train of thought was interrupted and obliterated by a vacuous self-interrpution exactly as 'meditation' results in, 'hey, did you notice that you're amidst a train of thought?!? ...what were you thinking about, now, again?... shit, you forgot. ...but at least you're self-aware now, and that's what TRULY matters according to Sam and others, right?'.
>>
>>28701172
Why can't you train yourself to come to conclusions and notice that your thought has flown at the same time? It seems trivial.
>>
>>28701227
Yes, it 'seems'. It sounds perfectly well on paper. Except it just doesn't work this way in practice. As I said, you can -- or at least, it might happen, because given that free will doesn't exist, it's not up to you, and 'meditation' directly diminishes the likelihood -- retrain yourself to patch the damage 'meditation' incurs by associating a self-monitoring thought with developing your conclusion anew. But as I said, this is retarded. It's like cutting off your arm and then excitedly discovering that its bones can be partly reused into a prosthesis.
>>
>>28701172
So what's the better option then? You say meditation in its accepted sense is impeding mental processes. So what's the sustainable mechanism you should carry yourself with if you want self-actualization?
>>
>>28701313
>>28701227
Not to mention that 'meditation' shapes your priorities, so you might, exhilarated by the newfound relaxation and self-acceptance, hardly bother to devote time to environmental perception anymore. Or even, as often happens, define the former as 'true enlightenment'.

>>28701333
GOING TO THE LIBRARY AND ACTUALLY READING TEXTBOOKS LIKE YOUR ANCESTORS WOULD DO FOR MILLENNIA BEFORE YOU YOU LAZY FUCK.
>>
>>28701380
too lazy, aren't there youtube channels for this stuff
>>
>>28700959
Sorry for delay.

Not really. Whatever I mention I've mostly come to through accusations of autism, mental retardation, delusions, schizophrenia, ill will, and such.

But you can check paulcooijmans.com. He has autism.
>>
>>28700948
This is a very common superstrawman whose making the circles says a lot about detractors of determinism. Of course if someone would be 100% of his waking time consumed by the realization that f.w. doesn't exist, he would achieve nothing. But that would ensure the same way if he thought 100% of the time about cats or captchas or the number 17432. There's no reason the latter should happen, nor the former. Plenty of successful people reject f.w.
>>
>>28701538
>ensure
*ensue
>>
>>28701538
First off
>fallacy argument
Second
When you're comitting a governing principle to mind such as free will, the problem isn't that it occupies your processing space and you would be too distracted. The concept gets absorbed into your subconscious so you don't need to think about it, and thus governs most of your actions. The inability to commit the concept of free will to mind leads to self-denigration as a consequence.
>>
>>28701694
>implying that pointing out a fallacy is bad
>>
>>28701751
People have taken an embarrassing liking to misusing that one thing called 'fallacy fallacy', anon. Look it up.
>>
>>28701751
It's bad because it's only a fallacy from a certain point of view, in this case determinism
>>
>>28701694
No, that's literally 'video games make you violent' tier psychomyth. Come on.
>>
>>28701810
>>28701694
...If anything, rejection of free will makes you more compassionate of other people's undeserved, determined plights, and less likely to engage in risky behaviour '...because I'm gonna deal with whatever comes'.
>>
>>28701810
What the fuck are you on about? Are you sober right now?
>>
>>28701846
I've only twice in my life been not.
>>
>>28701830
>rejection of free will makes you more compassionate
Nice strawman. How about that fallacy again?

>and less likely to engage in risky behaviour '...because I'm gonna deal with whatever comes'.
Acceptance of free will makes one less likely to engage in planning and mitigating risk? Cool, I didn't know that!
>>
>>28701960
Nobody is as retarded as to actually confuse a digression with a strawman.

Ergo, you shitposted.

Rejection of free will sanitizes you most in terms of learning, unearthing reasons people act the way they act.
>>
>>28701990
That's not the benefit of rejecting free will, that's knowing of cause and effect within the scientific method. It might not apply so thoroughly within the softer sciences like psychology, but the research of cause and effect isn't impeded by the predication of free will.

>>28701990
It wasn't strawman, it was red herring. Still, you're a mess.
>>
>>28702139
>research of cause and effect isn't impeded by the predication of free will

...What? It exactly is. Free will is 'he did it because he chose so, and his choice originated from him, period'. Rejection of free will is 'he did it because he chose so, and his choice was determined by nature and nurture, into which let's now dig'.
>>
>>28702345
>>28702139
In other words, free will is the degree to which one sees things as auturgal, self-creating. Primitive peoples believed in them much more than us, though we still have a lot to relate to matter.
>>
>>28702345
>>28702139
Also, you got it backwards. You called psychology a 'softer' science because free will exists. No; *that* you call it such is a result of your belief in it; in reality, psychology is as hard as arbology or petrology. Human beings are dead lumps of flesh.
>>
>>28702345
>Free will is 'he did it because he chose so, and his choice originated from him, period'.
Obviously it originates from you. It doesn't deny your decisions etc. are influenced by predetermined systems such as your own emotions, and external factors.

>period.
Absolutely wrong. Doesn't stop anybody from wondering WHY the choice happened. Causality doesn't preclude freewill and you presented nothing to confute that.
>>
>>28702489
So what your definition of f.w. even refers to, if you agree with predetermination? You just have an uncommon definition of it.
>>
>>28699129
If the advice doesn't apply to you why are you working so hard to argue about it? It's literally just two words and you spent all this time and energy excusing yourself.

Basically you're just lying for attention but I'm cool with that. Keep being angry and dumb lol. "Raised to shitpost" sure and I was raised to poop on any lame thing you say.
>>
>>28702406
>free will is the degree to which one sees things as auturgal, self-creating. Primitive peoples believed in them much more than us

That's not free will, that's the tendency of Magical Thinking and Anthropomorphism.

>>28702453
>You called psychology a 'softer' science because free will exists
Wrong. It's a softer science because the human brain is indeed one of the most complex machines insofar recognized.

>>28702524
Emotions are for example predetermined because their function is empirically similar across individuals. The predetermination is the fact that you are given these systems (emotion, personality, decision) etc. to work with. As a human being you are capable of higher functions because of your frontal cortex. That's the seat of the Free Will, which in itself is a predetermined seat.
>>
>>28702725
Complexity of something is in no relation to applicability of science to it.

So you equate free will with just the conscious decision making faculty? Then it's just will. It's no longer free. 'Free' normally refers to undetermination. Sure consciousness happens, but as you say, our priorities and and eventual decisions are still dependent on the past. I call this mistake 'free will/bound will'.
>>
>>28702765
>Complexity of something is in no relation to applicability of science to it.

(In the sense that there's no reason to endow a calculator with any more agency, self-determination, than a personal computer just because it's more complex.)
>>
>>28702765
My entire point is that human brain is so complex, science can't confirm (yet) that there's no free will. The burden of proof is on disproving free will because the individual is empirically observed to originate ideas, emotions, behaviors. Even if they function within SOME (not all of them confirmed) predetermined systems.
>>
>>28702895
>empirical science must confirm the belief that is refusal to relate human behaviour to the environment using empirical science

I'm afraid you might be too confused to have this discussion, anon.
>>
>>28703071
>>28702895
...But fuck me, let me try to explain a bit more. Rejection of free will is the MINDSET of producing new and new relationships, correlations, observations. Rejection of free will is the mindset THAT no arbitrary belief that nuh-uh, this behaviour was self-originating keeps you from relating it to whatever past factor that comes to your mind, so to possibly glean some causation. Free will is belief that the human being is a black box. It's only a black box if you refuse to establish connections between its behaviour and the world. Free will is a measurement of YOUR thinking.
>>
>>28703158
>thinking
*(...lack of)
>>
>>28699129
>If I've been raised as lazy and incompetent since I was a little kid? It's literally humanly impossible
Excuses.
>>
>>28699129
just work hard frog
>>
>>28703193
>Excuses.
Shitpost.
>>
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 640x1136
>>28699129
Stop blaming others for raising you, manchild.

If you're lazy then that's all from you. You can change that.
>>
If you are six foot tall and a blue eyed white man this is all good advice. Otherwise, you never had a chance to begin with.
>>
>>28703071
I've expressly related human behavior to the environment in my post. The origination of free will is too complex to be discarded since there's empirical effects of it., and the study of psychology is a such a work in progress that it's basically still a nascent field.

>>28703158
>Free will is belief that the human being is a black box. It's only a black box if you refuse to establish connections between its behaviour and the world. Free will is a measurement of YOUR thinking.

The "world" you are speaking of represents some of the apparently predetermined systems which we already know of, but there's many more systems to be discovered and confirmed. The way in which you are observing those various connections is (to use a term you like) predetermined by our current knowledge. One such bias of philosophy is determinism.

You, or anyone else for that matter, cannot irredeemably infer lack of free will because it's just a philosophizing point. Which means it can only be partially digested. And with that, I'm out. Stay safe, Anti-Buddha. You may know me as Cortex Guy, your partial arch nemesis.
>>
>>28699410
I'm glad we have some real analysis on this board
>>
>>28699515
You sure aren't too lazy to type out long paragraphs on 4chan and other forums though I would bet, huh bud? You make me sick.
>>
File: now with guns.png (480 KB, 844x431) Image search: [Google]
now with guns.png
480 KB, 844x431
i'm sorry OP, but i think suicide's the only way out for people like us. we aren't meant for this world. if you're out of adolescence and didn't develop any sort of work ethic, it's pretty much game over. those synapses didn't develop and it's too late now.

every time i force myself to do something for X minute, I'm often able to get through it but it feels as though needles are pricking my skin and brain. it gets worse as i keep trying to go on, and repeat attempts (e.g: going to work or class on a regular basis) makes it worse and worse and worse.

every attempt of mine just puts more fuel into the raging fire, and I'm stuck inside a high-rise with no where to run. hanging or shooting myself seems like the equivalent of jumping from the window to avoid the fire
>>
>>28703646
>that
>long

holy shit mate, he said he was lazy, not literally retarded. that post was barely 1/4th the length of a double spaced page
>>
Parents have a part in how their child grows up but after they hit 16~ and the child is able to think about their own future and do things like drive and get a job you can't keep blaming your parents for every problem you have.
>>
>>28703751
>but after they hit 18~

FTFY. what you don't get, is a lot of the parents that OP is referring to, won't let us do shit until we're 18, and even then will only begrudgingly allow those things, or even threaten to kick you out if you go against their wishes

it's not too much of an issue if you're in the city I suppose, but if you live in a rural area you're fucked. for me, the nearest house is a 35 minute drive, and the nearest town is about 2 hours. just to get to a road I could hitch-hike on would be an ~hour

this is the one time i wish i was a roastie, because i could camwhore my way to freedom. but now, even if I want to live for myself, I'd need a 4 hour round trip to take a driving test (w/ a good chance of having to retry), so i could start the 4 hour round trip to the city to find a job that I'd need to commute 4+ hours for daily.

lots of our parents would rather have us homeless if we're not under their thumb
>>
>>28699129
heh, should i work hard or hardly work?? xd
>>
>>28699129
>>just work hard bro :D
>no posting NormiesOnr9k.png or related

newfag baka
>>
>>28703751

to add onto this >>28703895

their "coddling" is a control tactic to further add hurdles in becoming independent. unless you've had a parent scream at you & threaten to throw your ass into an irrigation ditch, just because you tried to do your own load of laundry at 23 years old, you wouldn't understand how these familial dynamics work

they want children as pets, not to make independent beings that will go out and affect the world in their own ways
>>
>>28700330
thanks for the words anon. Im kanda bummed out after dropping out of a 3 year community college retail class right now. im 23 and with only a high school degree. I can only start a new path next year because of regulations for school intakes and such. Been hearing stuff like 'fuck-up' 'lazy sloth' 'why do you ruin your own life' and the worry in my parents their voice when they talked to me a few days ago. I have nothing to do this summer and ill mostly just be sitting in my room again, playing games, binging movies while wallowing in self pitty.

But thanks for the advice again anon, feels good to read this kind of advice every once in a while
>>
>>28699386
Junko Enoshima is that you?
>>
>>28704091
How did you manage to keep your parents off your back for so long?
>>
>>28704162
im a pathological liar. I just tell em im doing fine. I can make up entire stories in mere minutes and im extremely good at it. If you and I were face to face I could tell you nothing but lies and you would probably believe me. I figured out i did this mostly because I was betrayed by friends, cucked by my ex, bullied at school and humiliated in school/ at work.
Its a defense mechanism i put up on the spot. I even make such elaborate lies is even begin to see them as the truth. Im not much worth as a person to be honest. Like im friendly and all and probably a nice person to have a beer with, but i never show people a true part of me. I dont know if my rambling make any sense.
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.