[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rules of life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: mantra.png (35 KB, 591x511) Image search: [Google]
mantra.png
35 KB, 591x511
What do you robots think of this?
>>
>>28696884
>Having it all will not make you happy

horse shit
>>
>>28696892
Kurt Cobain had it all
>>
>>28696917
He also had a mental illness. Doesn't count.
>>
File: 1373233190705.jpg (189 KB, 1260x736) Image search: [Google]
1373233190705.jpg
189 KB, 1260x736
>>28696884
seems about right. I'll contribute.
>>
Looks like another 20 something year-old who thinks they're a shining beacon of enlightenment for making some blatant (but soooo startling and raw) observations.
>>
>>28696931
Thanks for sharing this
>>
>>28696884
#1 is banally true.
#2 is true strictly speaking, but many people's idea of egoistic pursuit is genuine fun and help.
#3 is moronic.
#4 is nonsense.
#5 is bullshit.
#6 is a cravenly attempt at redefinition, 'you better care about love and friendship or else'.
#7 is not even wrong.
#8 is right in the sense he most likely didn't have in mind, that of existence of religious soul, but exceptional, lasting personality matches do happen.
#9 is false, unless he's again going to equivocate, justifying that pedestrian 'everyone is duplicitous' cliche with superficial 'what I meant is that everyone crafts his personality to a degree', which is banal.
#10 is true, but judgement is good.

He's an idiot.
>>
Sounds about right. Not sure why so many edgebots are fighting this.
>>
>>28697002

>agrees with half his stuff
>posts opinions with no logic to back it up
>calls the guy an idiot

Your input is so valuable, thank you for shining your wise opinion upon us - oh, great one!
>>
>>28696884
Why are millennials the most cynical generation ever? Is it because the internet redpills us all?
>>
>>28696931
>just man up you are not allowed to feel bad or feel anything at all

his mind is mutilated like his dick by the gynocratic society that has raised him
>>
>>28697025
That man's rhetoric is very sloppy. The linguistic shortcut of 'life is not fair' being purportedly justified by the platitudinal 'some people sometimes see life as unfair, in the sense of inequal distribution of reward'. Justifying haywire quantifiers of 'everything' to refer to 'you'll feel tired at times'. Justifying 'success will not make you happy' -- as if that weren't a contradiction, but I'll let it pass -- to refer to 'your goals will change'. He's just crafting hysteric, inaccurate phrasings hoping that people will get wooed by sweeps and forget that stripped to parsimonious forms, they're nothing.
>>
>>28697002
>#8 is right in the sense he most likely didn't have in mind, that of existence of religious soul, but exceptional, lasting personality matches do happen.
I think the major argument is that through your life you will encounter less than 0.001% of the total population of the earth. So when you say someone is your soulmate, you're just saying that it's the better match so far, but not really in the universe of all human beings. And EVEN in the whole universe of all human beings maybe you could find someone who matches maybe 90% of your criteria, making them not completely your soulmate.

And I'm discounting the fact that your personality and traits and tastes change over time...
>>
>>28697118
personality traits and tastes are transient the soul is eternal and it is to the soul that the red string of fate connecting you to your soulmate is tied
>>
>>28697089

Jesus Christ, you're like a walking pretentious thesis. You accuse someone of trying to sound too smart, but you try so hard to 'woo' anyone else with your language.

I think you two would get along.
>>
>>28697118
I see what you're saying, but people evoking that forget that we don't meet random people. We since childhood gradually drift towards studies, jobs, hobbies, that agree with us. Our sample quickly becomes biased in our favour.

>>28697180
>you're like a walking pretentious thesis

No doubt you meant 'thesaurus'.
>>
>>28697146
>the soul is eternal
Come on man... what soul? Do you really believe that bullshit? The chemical processes in your brain are the sole factor that determines who you are. Where is the soul of a junky? Where is the soul of a dude in comma? The brain governs everything
>>
>>28697192
>>28697118
I mean, we're constantly inching towards the areas maximising the chance of finding the soulmate.
>>
>>28696884
Tell me, why do we wear the mask?
>>
>>28696884
Would have been nice if I were raised with this information instead of
>be yourself
>it gets better
>personality is what matters
>>
>>28697196
certain actions diminish or otherwise affect the spirit. the existence of a soul is an undeniable fact I can't help you if you're only looking at less than half of what makes man what he is
>>
>>28697225
>muh magical essence that is there because it is
>>
>>28697203
I don't know, you'd have to ask the original author. But I'd say it's because we fear being judged or rejected if we don't.
>>
>>28697238
you can greentext everything to make it seem "weird"
>>
>>28697192
>We since childhood gradually drift towards studies, jobs, hobbies, that agree with us. Our sample quickly becomes biased in our favour
>>28697202
>I mean, we're constantly inching towards the areas maximising the chance of finding the soulmate.

Very true, but still you would agree that it does not make the other person your soul mate. It's still just someone that best matches with you so far. The idea of a soulmate out there is ridiculous. Some people don't even find anyone they can decently match with
>>
>>28697203

it's 4am so idk if you're seriously asking or baneposting

if srs, I think we wear masks because we are self-conscious of others judgments.

example:

>Hey anon, what's bands you like?

my fav band is Lindemann, Komara , death grips, and some blackmetal bands that desu I forgot how to spell

instead I just sat system of a down or gorillaz so they have a better chance of knowing who they are and the fact that the previous bands are kinda weird If they actually listened to them
>>
>>28697192

>No doubt you meant 'thesaurus'.

No, I meant thesis - as in college thesis. Good on you for still acting like you know more though.
>>
>>28696884
Why do they wear the mask?

Not even original
>>
>>28697278
Your observations are all superficial which makes them useless for a discussion on soulmates
>>
>>28697278
Frankly, the very discussion is rather inane because as you said, standards change. 'Perfect', which 'soulmate' implies, refers to the state of at present happening to find no flaws -- and if some are found, dismissing them as 'not important'. It's just a mathematical structure where the set of flaws = {} or {flaw1 : 0, flaw2 : 0, ... }. It's as meaningful as whether a 'perfect song' exists.
>>
>>28697333
If you don't agree with something I said, counter it and make your argument.
>>
>>28697348
Then, do you agree there is no soulmate?
>>
>>28697348
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lK4cX5xGiQ
>>
>>28697295
This is a nice compliment then, ranknig up there among 'insecure STEM student' (not true), 'insecure high-IQ failure' (not true), or 'autistic' (not true). Much nicer than 'faggot' (not true) or 'schizophrenic' (not true).

>>28697376
It's a subjective term. It's like asking 'do you agree that there are no good or bad things'. It's a perception that people at times feel towards certain things.
>>
>>28697429
>>28697376
In other words, the problem with saying 'soulmates don't exist' is not to accidentally sound as though they are theoretically objectively possible, just not practically.
>>
>>28697464
>just not practically
Thusly...
>>
>>28697492
As I age, I naturally lose the capacity to notice that I'm belabouring.
>>
>>28696884
no, it's just "redpill" but not even close to reality.
Truths:
>1-if you calm your kunt you kinda enjoy something.
>2-lifting is not that hard
>3-if you are not happy everything is grey
>4-fame, success, etc fuk dat all you want is a gf. who the fuck wants fame in XXI century? I understand that you want money but fame?? fuckin attention whore
>>
>>28697293
>Unironically liking death grips
Sure is normie in here.

Original
Original reply
>>
>>28697319
No one cared who we were before we put on the masks
>>
>>28697080
No cynicism really "began" after WW2, but it much more visible now with the invention of the Internet and the end of the Cold War
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 639x935) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 639x935
>>28696884
As far as rules of life go these as the ones I use, I've seen it like a year ago around here
>>
>>28698042
Those are directed at partnering - they are more like rules of love rather than rules of life.
But those are good rules of love. Number 3 hits home hard
>>
>>28696917
Maybe he'd still be alive today if he had actual talent
>>
File: 1399233232096.gif (147 KB, 400x324) Image search: [Google]
1399233232096.gif
147 KB, 400x324
>>28698136
WRECKED
R
E
C
K
E
D
>>
>>28698136
>The music he and his band produced moved millions
>No talent
It's true that he wasn't one of the greatest guitar players of all time. I don't deny that. But to say he didn't have some form of talent is very nearsighted.

Regardless, that is beside the point I was trying to make, and you know that.
>>
Rules of life shit has given me the worst view of this society. Supposedly everything is so fucking terrible, everyone is so disingenuous, the working life is hell, but man up and participate it's worth it haha. These semi inspirational mentoring things do not nothing but confirm my prejudice that it won't get better if I ever stop being a NEET.
>>
>>28698199
and rightfully so. being NEET is a luxury you should enjoy while it lasts.
>>
>>28698199
>it won't get better if I ever stop being a NEET
The grass is always greener on the other side. Wagecucks wish they could just be NEET. I prefer wagecucking as it forces me outside, catching some sun rays and talking to people, which you may think it's nothing, but it helps your mood. But there are days I just want to stay at home and do nothing all day, no fucking pressure, no fucking bullshit. I'm not gonna preach it to you, maybe both views are right, who am I to say otherwise? If you can sustain yourself without working, more power to you.
>>
>>28698136
This.
l o l
o
l
>>
>>28698186
>kurt cobain's "I made up these lyrics 15 minutes before going on stage" ''''moved''' people
Fuck off.
Guy made really good music out of basically nothing but to pretend he was some sort of deep emotional artist is horseshit of the highest caliber. He got popular due to counterculture, not because he spoke to the masses
>>
>>28696884
Most of these are related to how society sees you.

If you don't give a shit about what people think then it kills most of those
>>
>>28698334
Humans are social beings, you can minimize interactions but there's no escaping it
>>
>>28698327
Mate this is not a Kurt Cobain thread...
>>
>>28698354
not caring about other peoples (unjustified) judgement of yourself has nothing to do with avoiding social interaction. what makes you think that?
>>
>>28698373
>If you don't give a shit about what people think then it kills most of those
You can't do that. You're social, you need some form of validation or acknowledgement from someone, be it a stranger saying "thank you" or your significant other saying "I love you". You definitely care about what others think
>>
>>28698354
I'm not talking about cutting off your contact with the world.

I learned some time ago that the only people whose judgement I should care about are those who I place highly in my life.

If my little cousin asks me to dance in the middle of the street I'll do it to make her happy even if everyone looks at me weird.
>>
File: drakejoshmememusic.jpg (1 MB, 797x8477) Image search: [Google]
drakejoshmememusic.jpg
1 MB, 797x8477
>>28698186
> confusing accessibility with quality and talent

Kurt's music and musical ability was incredibly limited and basic. Nirvana was the product of commercializing a musical trend that was spurred as a reaction to the dying hair metal and new wave trends of the 80s.

Nirvana consistently displayed little to no experimentation or progression compared to their the lesser known contemporaries that they were trying to rip off. Nirvana was easily marketable and owes their success not to Kurt or their musical ideas , but to millions of dumb as fuck 14 years who only listen to 'real music xD'

Stay pleb faggot
>>
>>28696884
6 is complete bullshit and seems like it was written by someone who has never been poor before.
>>
>>28698437
Bloody autism
You hate Kurt, I get it... geez
>>
>being a nice guy wont get you anything

I legitimately kek every time some fucking weeb says some shit like this. Being nice is how you get on peoples good sides, which in turn opens up more opportunities for you. It should say "Being a pushover wont get you anything"

>B-but girls dont like nice guys!
Fuck off you faggot
>>
>>28698437
>le music has to be highly technical to be worthy of praise

Spot the autist. Not like message is important or anything.
>>
File: tumblr_necph8PdYB1r5kws5o1_1280.jpg (232 KB, 400x1227) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_necph8PdYB1r5kws5o1_1280.jpg
232 KB, 400x1227
>>28698481
This is the truth

When I quit my 2 jobs on of my bosses offered me a better environment if I decided to stay and my other boss simply said you won't quit on me.

You have a positive impact on them when you are nice and I know they'll speak well of me for future jobs
>>
>>28698517
>Not like message is important or anything
Actually, if there's any message in Kurt's music it's that lyrics are overrated. He said it himself that he didn't give a shit about the lyrics, and would get off on writing whatever and see the critics try to attribute meaning to any of it. He was a great dude...
>>
File: 1462704790818.gif (998 KB, 1024x578) Image search: [Google]
1462704790818.gif
998 KB, 1024x578
>>28698186
>>28698517
> there are actually people who actively try to justify appreciating Nirvana

Just admit you listen to music like a middle schooler rather than trying to justify your shit taste
>>
>>28698736
I admit that I listen to music like a middle schooler.
Hope you're happy now
>>
>>28698481
Well. Being nice doesn't really open any doors, but giving up and being an asshole instead will lock them.

You need to be nice and have other good qualities. Just being nice gets you nothing, but not being nice risks cancelling out whatever other good qualities you have going for you.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.