[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here want to draw cute anime girls but fucking suck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 1462779002895.jpg (68 KB, 600x808) Image search: [Google]
1462779002895.jpg
68 KB, 600x808
Anyone else here want to draw cute anime girls but fucking suck at drawing?
>>
You just remembered I just had a dream about being able to draw awhile in real life I can't get past stickmen
>>
I always tell myself that I will set aside to try to get "good" at drawing. I never do. Sometimes i trace things on my monitor and pretend I drew it to feel good about myself. Literally HOW do I practice drawing?
>>
Just work for Key then
>>
>>28695265
Whoreo is best furry.
>>
File: giant loli lover improvement.jpg (1 MB, 2000x5200) Image search: [Google]
giant loli lover improvement.jpg
1 MB, 2000x5200
>>28695265
>that guy in ic who got gud and draws his lolis destroying cities all day

He's an inspiration.
>>
>>28695265
it's the shittiest community of people don't bother

if you don't have a name like saeyun or chopstick they'll turn their noses up at you while other western artists laugh in your face
>>
>>28695265
that's a pretty average drawing of holo too tbqh, wouldn't get you any attention
>>
>>28695380
Nice to see someone who got good without becoming an SJW. Literally every other progression pic starts with anime girls and ends with silhouettes of fat african women dancing around a campfire.
>>
>>28695289
You just draw, start with shapes, thousand rectangles, squares, circles and triangles. It may sound mundane but it will significantly improve your drawing skills. Then redraw your favorite works, try to look at the original as less as possible while doing so
>>
>>28695289
You need to be born with it. I don't mean painting Mona Lisas at 10, but you need to have some discernible talent that you can develop. If you can't draw now and you sucked at drawing as a kid just find another hobby because you're never be good at it
>>
>>28695380
See the real issue here is latent talent. At the beginning he's clearly a shit artist but he understands color and shadows, something which is never taught. He already possessed the skill before he even started. All he had to do was learn to draw in proportion and it got good instantly. Meanwhile the average autist on here can't even draw stick men properly, has no concept of shadow or lighting, and is probably tone deaf. The deck is stacked against us.
>>
>>28695502
Those earliest works aren't just things he drew without any practice, anon. It takes practice even to get to there, he probably just didn't post that stuff online because it looked like crap.
>>
>>28695265
Iktf
>tfw too lay and unmotivated to practice 'real' drawing with all the fundamentals
I would occasionally find anime picture I liked then try to copy it without sketching. Sometimes they turned out alright, but I can't draw anything original or only from memory. Realized it wasn't for me and gave up.
>>
>tfw good at drawing
>tfw have no motivation out creativity in me
>tfw going to uni to study art only because my mum wants me to and I don't know what else to do

I wish I knew what I want in life
>>
>>28696865
>I wish I knew what I want in life
This is me, except I'm not good at anything. I went to uni having no idea what I wanted to do and ended up graduating with a meme degree that did nothing for me. Life already feels over and I can't even draw cute anime to cope.
>>
>>28695265
I feel you my man
drawing is probably the most frustrating thing I ever tried
>>
>>28696865
>am good at character design and almost nothing else
>get spouts of creativity and then depression
>am going back to cc to eventually get a bfa at the university
>really want to get into a halfway decent animation program
>am determined to fix this

Just ask yourself, are you content with drawing for a living for the rest of your life? I've tried regular shit wage jobs and can never keep them, always get a tingle in my stomach when I think about actually drawing little cartoons for money. I take that as my gut saying this is what I really want.
>>
Loomis.

Original comment here.
>>
it doesn't happen overnight, gotta start somewhere
>>
>>28695265
>Anyone else here want to draw cute anime girls but fucking suck at drawing?
I know that feel too lazy to motivate myself to practice
>>
>>28696827
This is literally me.

You have been muted for 4 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
>>28697365
>drawing the same slut for 3 years straight
Looks like it starts with Autism. Whelp.
>>
>>28695380
>musclegirls
ew
>>
File: 1463642213845.png (370 KB, 774x944) Image search: [Google]
1463642213845.png
370 KB, 774x944
I hate anime for a lot of reasons, but I want to learn to draw cartoons, one thinks it should be easy, but I think I have something in my brain, you see, when drawing from life is easier to me to judt copy what I am seeing, drawing from imagination is a nightmare, for example this pic, the background looks weird as fuck, I dont know why, I did everything I do when making a perspective, but the road just looks weird as fuck, as if it was bulging out but I dont know how it SHOULD like. I just knoe it is wrong buy I don know how to fix it since I have no reference pic.
>>
File: art.jpg (570 KB, 1536x1536) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
570 KB, 1536x1536
>>28695463
>>28695502
"After a year and a half of taking highshool art classes" posted on r/art
>>
File: 1460437334090.png (398 KB, 508x685) Image search: [Google]
1460437334090.png
398 KB, 508x685
>>28697447
There is no reason to hate anime other than being a faggot.

Anime shows can be so diverse that one of your "reasons" for hating a show wouldn't apply to another show.
>>
>>28695265
>tfw used to be good at drawing but stopped when I was 16
>>
I gotta take my drawing practice more seriously. I should have done that a year ago. Now I'm gonna have to get a job soon and there'll be less time to practice.
>>
>>28697775

Yes, I am a cartoon fag, There is no logical reason for me to hate anime but I just do.
>>
>>28698025
Iktf
Oreganoooooooofnsg vdd efihngd
>>
Yes. I wish I could draw lesbians wearing latex
>>
>>28697365
I tried a few times myself but I always lose interest since I just can't figure out what I really want to draw, also being a bit lazy and impatient I get nowhere.

Fuck man, I should JUST DO IT.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.