[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it better to sleep for a few hrs or just stay up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: homercouch.gif (100 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
homercouch.gif
100 KB, 1024x768
is it better to sleep for a few hrs or just stay up?
>>
Depends on when you last slept and what time it is now.
>>
It depends if you are drunk or not
>>
Sleep.

It's good for health, even lending you some more inches in height.

>captcha was apartment buildings
>an apartment building doesn't count for it
>had to do it again

fuck off google.
>>
>>28694227
i am not drunk
>>
>tfw staying up all day to fix my shitty sleep cycle
>tfw still about 8 hours to go

I want to sleep and I feel terrible, coffee doesn't help that much either.
>>
File: 1463179953779.jpg (36 KB, 419x604) Image search: [Google]
1463179953779.jpg
36 KB, 419x604
sleep as long as you can trust yourself not to sleep through alarms, it works for me

>>28694256
I hate doing this but it works
>>
>>28694215
Sleep. When you're super tired your body gets into REM cycles quicker trying to catch up, but that's not ideal for recovery and hormone production. You want 6-8 hours ideally, but even a nap can be refreshing and acts as kind of a reset.

If you're an insomniac you need to do more physical activity during the day.
>>
>>28694215
I have to flip between being up from 1600 to 0800 and regular time every four days for work, and the only way I find I can do it consistently is going home day four morning and staying awake for about 30 to 32 hours.

Last time I beefed it, was too tired to do the jogging meme and screwed a weeks worth of weight loss out of bad eating and no exercise.

Imo stay up until you can slot into a reasonable sleep plan. Only thing that works for me.
>>
File: masson.jpg (99 KB, 857x609) Image search: [Google]
masson.jpg
99 KB, 857x609
mwaaaahaaa the fresh maker, hasalwaysbeencelebratedforitsmintyness
>>
>>28694282
How the hell do people nap? I want to start taking naps in the day so i can stay up longer at night.

On rare occassions i will make it to 4.30 or 5am without feeling the least bit tired but end up going to bed out of boredom.

Most nights i think to myself that i will stay up late tonight and then by 11.30pm i am tired and bored and go to bed. Did 1.30am last night without feeling sick but started watching asmr videos at 11pm anyway so was tired after that.. After 10.30pm i become too tired / loss of energy for video-games and i play mostly moba's so don't wanna lose ranked games from tiredness.

Just wanna stay up late / go to sleep when the sunrises so i can play SL and other stuff and see more people online (Americans). lads.

If i'm being neet i may aswell do it the right way and make the most of it.
>>
File: 1418769925613.png (51 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1418769925613.png
51 KB, 1000x1000
Seriously though.
Get a sleep cycle app for your phone.

A few hours is better than none at all, and the app will optimize your deep sleep periods.

I've had it for 3 months now.
Would recommend to all of humanity.
>>
>>28694634
>Get a sleep cycle app for your phone.
I dont have a phone you normie
>>
>>28694215
Stay up.
You can always sneak in power naps here and there if you need to work, or go to school.
Everytime I try to get an hour or two of sleep instead of just staying up, I feel like crap... and the day seems like it just goes on forever.
Then I have trouble sleeping, when the day is finally over. Power naps are the way to go.
You still feel sleepy after 5-20 mins of sleep, but the day seems normalized, and I feel like I have more energy versus sleeping for an hour or two.

http://www.napsounds.com/power_napping_tips.html
>>
>>28694215
Sleep a few hours
Each minute of sleep is important and will benefit the body
>>
Try to get a minimum of 3 hours.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.