[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it aIl go wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1463723032222[1].jpg (128 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
1463723032222[1].jpg
128 KB, 576x1024
Where did it aIl go wrong?
>>
we grew up watching movies where people pretend to be humans. Thus we learned to behave like actors pretending to be human.
>>
It never went wrong.
Social media is just showing everyone what has always existed.
>>
>>28692450
Holy shit
REALTALK
E
A
L
T
A
L
K
>>
I dont understand this thread. Someone explain.
>>
>>28692577
The way I see it.
>Grandad died
>LOL, better take a selfie and post about it on the internet
>>
>>28692450

Did you get that quote from a movie? If not, that was pretty good.
>>
>>28692450
/thread

Everything is fake and packaged these days.
>>
>>28692450
This. Even before the internet, we started replacing genuine interaction with memes. Now we're reaping what we've sown.
>>
>>28692415
I'm autistic and my parents were 17/18 when I was born, they just left me with my grandparents and went to university and never really bothered with me again until they were 30 and had lives that didn't revolve around going to class, getting drunk and having sex with other people.

My grandfather worked 12 hour days 6 days a week, and my grandmother was too timid to really have the stomach to raise an autistic person so I just watched TV all day and never did homework from the age of about 6-18. The only really stablizing force I had in my life was my NEET uncle who wouldn't hesitate to shout at me when I was being autistic, but that just gave me a weird desire to rebel against authority out of pure spite so I had out of control alcoholism by age 16. Although when I was 17 and he moved out things got a lot worse.
>>
If you were the grandpa would you want that picture up? I wouldnt , tho I dnt knw exactly why. Me dieing, I just wouldnt want that seen I guess.
>>
>>28692801
I wanna know more about you for some reason. Keep going.

After you moved out.....
>>
>>28692801
Interesting.

I'm kinda in the same boat you are, except it was only my mom who 'raised' me (Dad was a fucking scumbag, but whatever). My grandparents and NEET uncle also helped me with growing up, except my grandpa was a control freak and my mother was somewhat spineless with everything. Even got to the point where she lost her job several years ago. Basically, my uncle and grandma saved me, grandpa died, and mother went out pot smoking with a friend. However, more of that happened, grandma died, uncle became much more brutal than regularly (Even STABBING a man 8 times in the stomach) and my mom is now a crack addict who lives with an old man.

For now, my aunt has taken me under her wing. I'm eternally grateful, but she's on the more 'regular' spectrum than my family. It's causing some problems, but I'm dealing with it. Just need to get a job ASAP.
>>
>>28692871
How do you grow normally ( psychologically) with that kind of fucked up life start?
>>
>>28692801
>>28692871
I always feel like I can never relate to anyone, not even robots and wizards because most issues people have here is from being raised by a single mom or financial issues. I'm a 24 year old KHHV with no friends. My parents are still together and they've been fairly decent parents. I suspect I'm an aspie and schizoid, but I've never been diagnosed. I've never been to a therapist/shrink.
Can anyone else relate?
>>
>>28692857
I never really moved out, I continued living with my grandparents for a while but a few months after my grandfather died I quit drinking. I massively failed in school and by the time I was 18 I simply gave up on doing anything, even cleaning my room. After quitting drinking I kind of had to keep away from the normies I used to be in with so I wasn't tempted to go back, and my fellow autists who I was friends with before drinking were very alienated from me as if they had outgrown me.

I moved in with my mother and my stepdad after a while. It was comfortable at home, but it was very lonely because it was in a whole different part of the country. I got a job for a brief period with my stepdad's dad company and I kind of liked it but he sold the company eventually and I decided to move back in with my grandmother.

I'm 21 now and I'm always considering going back to school but it's one thing I feel almost afraid of doing.
>>
>>28692450
I can't believe people are treating this shitpost like it's actually insightful.
Might as well have said we're more violent than ever because of video games, or we have lost our faith in Jesus Christ because we listen to satanic bands like The Rolling Stones.
What a load of shit.
>>
>>28692932
Honestly? No clue. It was thanks to my grandma's devoted love, grandpa's protection, and my uncle's dark side that something 'normalized' in me. My mother was barely around, and when she was, she just slept or did something else NOT work-related all the time.

It took a toll on my work ethic until she nearly killed herself from a meth high. Now, thanks to whoever gave her the stuff, she won't quit. Now my fucking brother's a mess and I can't help him from where he's at.

For now, not only am I motivated to 'become a real man', but I'm trying hard to at least see my brother regularly, just to let him know that he's not abandoned in this shitty situation.

TL:DR, no idea how, just did. My brother's fucked and I must help him somehow.
>>
>>28692871
Your aunt being more normal should be a good thing. Maybe perhaps stabilizing
>>
>>28692959
Yeah, my parents are normal and still together yet I grew up to be a failure. I certainly can't blame them for my own shortcomings
>>
got anxiety somehow, scared of people, never go out, life is shit now

basically
>>
>>28693006
Oh she is! Believe me, I'm not being insulting. But it's just harder for me to 'get used to', if that makes sense.

At least she saved my ass from the streets. That alone means enough for me to compromise some lifestyle choices of mine, such as shit eating habits.
>>
>>28692980
well r9k is mostly under 18 so of course people think it's insightful
>>
>>28692980

But you can't rule out the fact that certain media does impact society's functionality . Video games are too fictional to be effect a person's mentality and that music comment is a bait right?
>>
bummmpdumplings.
>>
>>28692980
I don't think media-created stereotypes of behaviour and appearance has anything to do with examples you've given. I guess it was literally too deep for you.
>>
This is some morbid ass shit, why the fuck would you kiss a corpse of your family?

I question all of this shit. I hear of it but I am a bit reclusive so I never see it. Are there friends that actually jerk off within eye shot of one another? WHY? Everyone is fucking crazy and I have to be near them.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.