[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fugggg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1443850267996.jpg (40 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
1443850267996.jpg
40 KB, 590x590
/r9k/, I need help. About last year in June, i signed up for a gym membership so I can continue building muscle. I was underage at the time, so being the foolish person I was, I went through and signed the contract.

Fast forward to last year, Im grown now, and I slowly start backtracking on payments, yet I always pay them no matter what. Eventually, the seasons come, and in December I completely stop going.

I received e-mails and calls about me falling behind on my payments and that if I wish to continue going I had to pay. I never went the times I was in debt, so I ignored it trying to figure out a way to pay this all off.

I check my email and check their most recent email, which involves them saying my membership was canceled and that they may take legal action to collect debts.

"If we do not receive payment within (5) days to bring your membership current, we will recommend our client take further action to collect the entire balance due on your membership. These actions could include but are not limited to forwarding your membership to a collection agency or taking formal legal action against you."

Exact words, from the email, but i have not gotten one email, letter, call, etc since March when they sent thst out. My father cosigned when I was young last year, but he isn't legal in the States.

My point is, what will they do? Are they more worried about other things rather than a mere $300, or would they be jews and spend more money collecting the $300? I plan on paying it eventually.
>>
Lookup contact ratification by a minor, you might get out legally. Did you stop going and paying before the age of majority?
>>
File: wizzard of oz.jpg (501 KB, 1600x1322) Image search: [Google]
wizzard of oz.jpg
501 KB, 1600x1322
>>28692251
They will never let go.

However they will wait, and after like ~8 month, those *mere* 300$ will turn into ~800-1000$ or more do the all, legal procedures and stuff.

Then they will carry on with the execution of the debt.
>>
>>28692251
NOT SURE but if you if you weren't 18 when you signed it i don't think the contract is valid
>>
>>28692251
How did you sign if you were a minor?
I don't think they can hold you to it.
They knew the risk, and they took it.
>>
>>28692251
Companies buy these types of debts so for example a company will buy the debt from the gym for $100 your gym cuts its losses and the company goes after you they start calling you report it to credit agencies your credit score takes a shit and they fuck with you every day until they get the $300 or take you to small claims where you are forced to pay since you signed a contract they usually buy debts in bulk so they do this all day everyday and they're good at it.
>>
>>28692324
I'm technically still b8, but I really do want to pay them back. I'll look through it, but im tossing in my sleep about this

>>28692326
I mean, they said they arent collecting payment anymore, I looked online through their website.
>>
File: index.jpg (12 KB, 213x237) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12 KB, 213x237
>>28692324
>>28692340
>>28692344

His father cosigned it, that makes the contract valid.
>>
>>28692368
>I mean, they said they arent collecting payment anymore, I looked online through their website.

By "them" I was thinking about a company that buys other people debts
>>
>>28692373
Well fuck they got him
>>
>>28692364
Technically, Im still underage. Lets say I wish to pay this off in the next four weeks, would that collection agency still be on my ass?

>>28692344
My dad cosigned, but he is illegal in the States. Would they still be able to hold it up? Like i have been saying, I ppan to pay this all off in like three weeks.
>>
>>28692411
Oh well they will go after your dad
>>
>>28692411
>illegal and a minor

Nah you're probably good, they've got no one to get.
But if they take it to court idk if your dad should show up because he could get deported.
>>
>>28692373
Like i said before, my dad is illegal, and I have not gotten one single letter from any agency in the past months . I have not gotten ONE single call or anything like that yet. I'll probably head to the gym tomorrow and speak to them about this.
>>
>>28692454
But is it the best course of action to pay them off before I become of legal age to get buttfucked my goys?

>>28692446
My dad is illegal, once more, and im still b8
>>
>>28692411
They will go after your dad its best to contact the gym and work something out they usually have a financial department to refer you to if you just attempt to pay your shit they will work with you maybe even decrease the debt the worst thing you can do is ignore the notices
>>
>>28692251
>buy a paid service
>don't pay your bills

the fuck is wrong with you people? you walk in a store and take stuff and walk out what you think will happen?

pay ASAP or the collection agency will take you to court and you will get ducked because YOU will have to pay THEORY court fees once the judge finishes calling you an idiot.
>>
>>28692368
originally reported for underage b&
>>
>>28692504
I'll probably head out there tomorrow then. Say I had been too caught up with school and I wish to pay my debts somehow in some manner.

I plan om being polite because that's me, but I want to break off the membership off ASAP because its hell playing $60 a month.

>>28692506
I never used the services after I went into debt. I kept up with payments until New Years, and I immediately stopped going.
>>
>>28692411
>he is illegal
B U I L D

W A L L
>>
>>28692648
>le /pol/ maymays

Stop, its already getting ten feet higher.
>>
>Student loan payments have been due for like 10 months now
>Not paying a single bit of it
>Make like 300 dollars a month

Just ignore it and everything will be fine!!!
>>
>>28692721
We will all make it. Hopefully Trump sends this country into a civil war over my people so that I can hang niggers and shit with white people.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.