[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's it like to have your own place to live by yourself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: 6934827.jpg (84 KB, 800x529) Image search: [Google]
6934827.jpg
84 KB, 800x529
What's it like to have your own place to live by yourself?
>>
i have no idea

it seems like it would be bittersweet. no having to mind parent(s) but then you'd also have to work full time to pay the rent which would suck scrotum
>>
>>28691959
Its great. You can never wear headphones, leave your clothes everywhere and be naked all the time
>>
it sucks. the toothpaste doesnt refill itself, dishes and clothes just pile up without being ever removed and you have to actually get something to eat every day.

glad i moved back in after that shit, moving ot is so overrated.
>>
It's awesome. Falling asleep drunk on the floor, watching movies as loud as you want at all times of the day, no one bugs you about stuff all the time, no one leaves dirty dishes in the sink, don't have to feel awkward about having friends visit.

One of these days I'll have it again.
>>
>>28691959

For context, I love being alone, and I have no interest in dating/relationships.

I love it. Freedom, solitude, and privacy. No one but myself. If you are comfortable on your own, it's heaven. Downside is you must confront your own failures. I live like a slob mostly without outside motivation to clean the place up beyond what's absolutely necessary. I'm shit at being proactive in general. The benefits greatly outweigh the negatives.
>>
>>28691959
It depends how much you hate living with other people. Obviously if you don't have a well paying job it's not gonna be as glamorous but if you still wuvv your pawents werry much then ofc you won't like it
>>
File: 1408543297950.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1408543297950.png
29 KB, 633x758
>19 in 2 weeks
>live with dad
>60 yr old alcoholic beginning to go senile
>shitty 3 room house that cost 70 grand
>disgusting, irredeemable bathroom that needs to be gutted and replaced
>stained carpets
>can't have any girl come over ever, because my house and my dad's behavior
>constantly comes to my door saying things every 5 minutes while a girl is there (tried once, then i decided to never invite anyone over again)
>even when a girl isnt there he is constantly coming into my room to say things
>at night he comes in at least 4 times a night to ask if i'm going to bed (i have a sliding door, every time i hear it sliding i fucking groan and wish he would go away
>at this point i dont even say anything back to him when he asks
>cant jack off without the threat of him just coming in
>he never goes out anywhere, doesnt have any friends like me
>wakes up several times throughout the night, never have a long break of not having to worry about dealing with him

i fucking hate it here

the only reason i am still here is because my laziness still outweighs my disgust. we have a father son lawn business, my labor is my one bargaining chip. i have a healthy body and can do work while he grows weak. i have a say because without me he would be screwed. he's had workers throughout the years but they always quit because they cant stand him
>>
>>28691959
feels pretty good

you don't have to worry about cleaning up (just whatever you can bear) and can fap whenever you want
>>
It depends. I lived on my own only once and my landlord was on the same property while I was in a separate building out back. That sucked, it's like parents but of the building you live in. Also they hover around outside a lot. Talk to you when you try and leave the property. I just want peace. I think a genuinely separate building with your own yard and no landlords close by is heaven. Definitely do it. It's all I want but I also want to not do it alone, which sucks, because suitable partner and stuff. Fuck life.
>>
>>28691959

total control is nice but the loneliness builds up

like anything else, there's tradeoffs to it.
>>
File: 1463716717760.jpg (874 KB, 2048x1471) Image search: [Google]
1463716717760.jpg
874 KB, 2048x1471
>>28691959
in one word EXPENSIVE
i can hardly live with my money and dont even own fancy things like a car or go out with people
>>
File: 6k1heTm.png (2 MB, 1930x1366) Image search: [Google]
6k1heTm.png
2 MB, 1930x1366
I just started living alone as of the start of the month, it is quite something. Going to the store everyday, having to get food/think about what you want to eat. It also feels like my parents had a shitton of stuff in the cubboards, mine are so empty. The best thing is the solitude, you are alone most of the time if you want some ppl interaction you will have to search it yourself
>>
File: 1349967199482.jpg (9 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
1349967199482.jpg
9 KB, 267x181
>tfw 20 years old and still living with parents
>>
>>28692396

sounds like your his only real friend anon. you should probly try to treat him better
>>
I love how for every response ITT that glamorizes it, there's a response after saying that living alone sucks.
>>
>>28692625
haven't posted itt but it's pretty cool to live alone
if i spend more than a week or so at my mother's the nagging starts and doesn't stop
on my own i have more stuff to do on a daily basis as far as chores go and it's less comfy on some level but it's mostly better that way
>>
File: 1409705724537.jpg (20 KB, 361x330) Image search: [Google]
1409705724537.jpg
20 KB, 361x330
>>28692604
it can just get really tiring

today we were at walmart. we have the ebt card, we get like 170 in free food every month. every single time at the checkout the person has to fucking tell him to put his PIN in, press OK, when it says it right there, stupid shit like that. every time. he can't go a day without alcohol. to this day he still tries to bait me by saying shit about my mother, that she doesnt want me etc, the divorce was 7 years ago
>>
>>28691974
It may suck uber, elderly scrotum, but at the same time, you're FREE! YOU DON'T NEED TO DEAL WITH ANYONE! (Except your landlord and boss. If you're lucky, then just your landlord.)

Besides, to make up for lost time, you have money to dance with. Now you can fulfill other hobbies than games! Or just games if that's what you prefer.
>>
>>28692625
>>28692539
The loneliness is the biggest downside aside from money.
>>
>>28692684
>>28692396

just wait it out senpai, in 10-20 years he'll be dead and you'll inherit his business
>>
>>28693250
Damn money pits.
>>
File: 1463040540333.png (337 KB, 823x720) Image search: [Google]
1463040540333.png
337 KB, 823x720
>>28692396
poor you, how dare your dad talk to you and care about you, what an asshole
>>
>>28694985
Akarin is best girl desu
>>
>dancing naked to loud music at 3am (thick concrete walls)
>dishes left piled up for months
>never have to talk to anyone. EVER

Greatest ever. I dont know why I moved in with roommates instead...what the fuck was i thinking
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.