[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is anime so popular among autistic people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9
File: Sword-art-online-800x420.jpg (79 KB, 800x420) Image search: [Google]
Sword-art-online-800x420.jpg
79 KB, 800x420
Why is anime so popular among autistic people?
>>
>>28691368
escapism into a fantasy world
>>
>>28691429
yeah but why does it have to be a gay fantasy world? why not pick something intersting like the tolkien universe or something idk anything that isnt kid cartoons
>>
File: tamcat.jpg (29 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
tamcat.jpg
29 KB, 600x450
notice how himuoto is how nerds WISHED how girls acted like?
>>
>>28691446
Because usually these gay worlds have a blank lego block protagonist that gets all the bitches, and anyone can be a lego block.
>>
>>28691368
>>28691368

It's niche and makes us feel unique for liking it.

It provides a common interest amongst all of us rejects.

It typically follows a simple arc and structure and provides a sense of security.

Characters are exactly what we want them to be. When actual people act, they can't control passive expressions or actions. This makes them look like real, living characters. Anime characters, on the other hand, are no more complex than their writers and artists make them.

Flashy action that can't be easily executed in live action combined with excessive amounts of fanservice provide us with eyecandy and don't require large amounts of brain power to enjoy, but the need to read subs requires that we still pay attention to it, putting us into a trancelike state.

Above all, it's not like we have anything better to do with our time. We don't work, we have minimal school, we don't have friends or obligations. We have to fill that void with something, Anon, and there is a LOT of low-quality repetitive anime to watch.
>>
>>28691368
You tell me

yaddayaddaoriginalcomment
>>
As a genuine medically confirmed sperg, it's because the simple character designs are easy to interpret. And the style is similar across many different anime which makes it even easier. It's much easier to read facial expressions of anime characters than real humans.
>>
>>28692522
underrated post right here my friend.
>>
>>28691368
I really fucking hate that show.

Anyway, real people look disgusting and I hate them. Anime is just so clean and beautiful in comparison.
>>
File: akari-flower.jpg (665 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
akari-flower.jpg
665 KB, 1600x1200
its mbedcause they are very honest with their freelings and straightforward and easy to understand. they are also genuinely good characters with a lot of love in their heart for their friends and community so they are admirable in their honesty and goodness. thats what i think at lreast. i watcha lot of slice of life stuff..
>>
File: 1460454497224.png (47 KB, 600x438) Image search: [Google]
1460454497224.png
47 KB, 600x438
It's basic and easy to understand.

The stories are never deep beyond basic symbolism (see eva) and characters have little variance, usually a costume that never changes, coloured hairstyle etc and basic deretype or easy 2D personality - this theme is copied across different animes.

Additionally it's laden with other cheapness such as sexual themes, violence or moe.

It's soap opera for men.
>>
SAO is super normie though.
>>
>tfw watching School Days
>tfw it's a realistic portrayal of HS relationships and sex
>something you never had
>>
>>28693825
>men

It's supposed to be for children or teenagers nobody anticipated grown men wouldn't be able to let it go.
>>
Why is faggotry so popular amongst OPs?
>>
File: 1442029143249.jpg (115 KB, 946x341) Image search: [Google]
1442029143249.jpg
115 KB, 946x341
Here's the truth about most anime and happy fiction in general.
>>
I watch anime in bed before sleep, like 2 to 4 episodes, depends when i need to wake up, so im not some hc consumer. i like anime with plot/great comedy so i do not see a reason to watch school life and such, but i think that pieces like black lagoon and gangsta are pretty good.
>>
>>28692672
This
It is a lot easier to understand emotions in anime than tv for normalfags
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 1023x781) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 1023x781
>>28692522
This right here. I think it also has to do with the simplified coding of emotions. Autistic people have trouble interacting with others, and picking up on the subtleties of human emotion and expression. Anime simplifies this into a language of signs that is easy to read but has no connection to reality. If a character is experiencing X emotion their eyes turn white, crosshatching appears on their nose and a giant water drop near their forehead (idk exactly, I don't watch anime).

But the signifiers of these emotions are so codified they are the same across all anime, basically the equivalent of just putting a big label over the character "THEY ARE SAD" rather than having to rely on a repertoire of real human interactions and emotional intelligence to recognize this as in a film with human actors. So basically it's appealing to social retards
>>
File: 120984903284.jpg (77 KB, 626x300) Image search: [Google]
120984903284.jpg
77 KB, 626x300
>>28691446
>why is anime popular with autists
>why not something that cool people enjoy like lord of the rings lore
>>
Because I grew up watching it on TV
>>
It's because it's a cartoon with slightly more mature content than western cartoons, which are typically for children. Autists like pretty colors.
>>
File: 1448313362545.gif (2 MB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
1448313362545.gif
2 MB, 380x285
>>28696987
>mature content
>>
File: 1433787819678.jpg (258 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1433787819678.jpg
258 KB, 480x640
>>28691368
>Why is anime so popular among autistic people?
It's not just anime. Pretty much anything tedious that requires a lot of attention and time appeals to the autistic mindset. Also, Anime and Manga evolved from the traditional Japanese narrative style of Kabuki theater, which relies heavily on well-established tropes to forward the narrative; this reliance on categorization and familiarity happens to line up perfectly with how western autists perceive others.
>>
female characters are often totally unrealistic, in a way that appeals more to socially awkward people who aren't good at talking to real women. They're either very meek and shy, or very sexualized. There is often a very smart male character with glasses who is very dramatic and seen as cool and deep, that I bet people wish they could be like in real life, but if they were it would actually just be weird. Its often over dramatic to seem deep. Havent watched anime in a long time though, so this is just as far as I can remember
>>
pls gib me anime gf
>>
>>28691368
Because they all have different shapes of hair in anime which means the faceblind autists can tell the characters apart
>>
>>28697243
>>28695309
>>28697504
These, faces & emotions & tropes are always familiar and recognizable
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.