[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well should I do it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: stellaris.png (117 KB, 636x621) Image search: [Google]
stellaris.png
117 KB, 636x621
Well should I do it?
>>
File: 1398657104128.png (578 KB, 1800x552) Image search: [Google]
1398657104128.png
578 KB, 1800x552
The Beta rebellion in space starts here
>>
File: sss.jpg (136 KB, 470x600) Image search: [Google]
sss.jpg
136 KB, 470x600
>>28691153
get doom for me
>>
no you fucking idiot. This is a game that you can enjoy fully even if you don't buy it. Unless you are one of those faggots that can stand to play this with other people
>>
>>28691726
I don't understand.........ORINGILA COMDHENT
>>
I haven't really stopped playing in like 4 days. Send help.

I love it. Add me on steam and we can play some multiplayer games sometime if you are interested.
>>
wait for Total war warhammer instead
>>
>>28691153
>buying spaceshit

Pirate it first. Space games tend to be total crap.
>>
>>28691795
How do I pirate games without getting leukemia
>>
>>28691153
Go for it, it's just a fiat currency.
>>
>>28691815
by not being retarded desu
>>
>>28691685
Doom is shit anon.
>>
>>28692736
Everything is shit these days, sadly
Doom still looks fun to me, wish I could at least pirate it
>>
>>28692736
Doom is fun, retard
You're not impressing anyone
>>
>>28692918
Doom is fun, anon
Wish it was longer, tho
>>
>>28691153
Please buy
>>
Help.

I need a game that I can just sit back in this chair and breath out of my mouth and only use basically the mouse and 2 fingers. Nothing even remotely hard.
>>
>>28691153
if you like ck2, eu4, or civ buy it, if not don't
it's kinda shallow right now and needs patches but I'm at 78 hours
>>
>>28692979
>Doom is fun, anon
That makes me even more want to play, saaad
>>
>>28692964
Nice buzzword, smashing the same button over and over to execute people and get free health along with ammo pinatas for the chainsaw is a real fun game.

I didn't want a reskinned edgy unreal tournament. I mean really fucking platforming exploration along with double jumping around looking for power ups? It was an improvement over doom 3, but they went too far from the spirit of doom when it came to combat, health, and the likes.
>>
>>28691726
>what is supporting paradox
>>
File: 1435644004380.jpg (13 KB, 387x309) Image search: [Google]
1435644004380.jpg
13 KB, 387x309
>>28693282
>Nice buzzword

>Fun is a buzzword now

We've come full circle. Fags on 4chan are using the same arguments that the le progressive gaming media are using.
>>
>>28691153
>CDN
you cunt i hate you
>>
>>28693282
>the spirit of doom

how old are you
>>
>Strategy game.
>Real time.
You fucking braindead casual loser faggot.
Why are you wasting your time on this spam unit as fast as possible bullshit.
Play a real game for real thinking men.
>>
>>28694554
>Game is fun

That doesn't mean the game is good. If you can't actually validate any good game mechanics outside of "It's fun" you have no right to argue if it's good or shit on someone who says it is bad.

See I actually explain why something is good or shit instead of personal insults. Maybe you should try it sometime instead of eating that pile of shit and insulting anyone else for not enjoying the nice hot steamy turd that they are willing to serve to you.

Oh also.
>tee hee doomguy is actually some super natural entity that gets stronger with every defeated demon xD

Yeah that's cool, so instead of the original "Doom guy is just you, a bad ass marine." now they are doing this shit.

>>28694577
Old enough to have played the original games when they were released and understand what the difficulties of the original dooms gave. I.E. Limited ammo, and limited health so you actually have to fight smart instead of smashing melee on everything that was almost dead and getting a pinata of health if you were close to death.

Last time I checked I wasn't a hopping, jumping around platform to platform like some unreal tournament clone for combat with endless health/ammo pick ups. Let alone, UNLIMITED PISTOL AMMO on a gun that did fuck all damage anyways, it would have just been better to give us an actual pistol that did okay damage that had ammo. It's not like that unlimited pistol ammo gun was ever fucking needed since you got ammo pinatas through your chainsaw.
>>
Why would you buy it on Steam ?
Either get it for free or at least buy it on Instant gaming or G2A, it'd would save you 20$
>>
>>28694418
why the fuck would you support the jewest of the jews?
>>
>>28694608
Stellaris is pausable, it's not fully real time, the game pauses whenever you do something
>>
I pirated it and I enjoyed it.

Like all 4x games the variety runs out very quickly and repetition takes it's place.

The reason you should pirate it is because it is currently incomplete. It is lacking a proper espionage, trade and diplomacy system that will be sold as future DLC.

>>28691795
>Space games tend to be total crap.

All genres are mostly garbage that you need to sift through.

'Space games' as a group contain some of the best games ever made such as Homeworld.
>>
>>28694830
>the game pauses whenever you do something

It only pauses when research completes or a mission is finished and you open the popup explaining this.

Pause is useful early game where you want to minimise wasted time so that opponents don't get an unbeatable start against you.

Late game I only use it if the game starts to slow or stutter and I want to do something smoothly and quickly.
>>
>>28691153
Don't buy it yet. Wait for a sale since the game is unfinished and needs a lot of polishing in its current state. Of course it's still enjoyable but some mechanics can be really tedious. Just like with the rest of PI games you'll have to wait for several patches and/or dlcs.
>>
>>28694757
Not him, but if you don't support devs that make good games kill yourself or get a job.
>>
>>28691153
what game is that
e
w
>>
>not getting the galaxy edition
FUCKING PLEBS
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-27-13h18m12s199.png (1 MB, 1920x1090) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-27-13h18m12s199.png
1 MB, 1920x1090
buy me GAMOU
>>
>>28691153
It's a game you enjoy for 5 hours then it gets boring.
>>
>>28697553
>paying $80 for a game and a crappy book
>>
>>28697958
Exactly this. Glad I stole it before buying.
Very shallow and badly designed, plays itself after first ~2 hours. No diplomacy to speak of, nothing to trade for, combat you have almost no control over. Many report performance problems in mid/late game.
Worst for me were UI oversights - bloated windows with little information, no tools to make micromanagement bearable. Worst offender - 'create new fleet' button.
Big disappointment considering the hype / what they promised.
>>
>>28696309
I do support devs that make good games

Paradox is not one of these devs. They make broken incomplete games just so that they can siphon more DLC shekels from their autistic fanbase.

Suicide if you think pic related is alright
>>
if you play mulyiplayer games, you arent sa robot
>>
>>28698413
Most of those are cosmetic, to be fair. Not excusing them though.
>>
File: sons of abraham.png (304 KB, 615x969) Image search: [Google]
sons of abraham.png
304 KB, 615x969
>>28698444
anon pls

origami
>>
>>28698413
Paradox is a great publisher. Their games start off at $40 to cover some of the dlc costs because they're a small company.
>>
>>28698440
>not wanting to destroy normalcasuals in just one aspect of life
Alright.
>>
>>28691757
how is anyone supposed to add you when you don't leave any username you stupid fucking kike
>>
>>28699687
So true!

Shalom my friend.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.