[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE CURE FOR DEPRESSION AND BETANESS CURED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 634x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 634x850
Following this simple 3 step plan will cure your depression, elevate your mood, get you motivated, and help you score those chicks you crave so much.

Step 1: Healthy diet. Arguably the most important step on this list. You are what you eat they say. So if you're filling your body with fast food, processed foods, microwave dinners, or candy, you need to cut that out because it's helping to make you depressed. Cut it out. All of it. Give up on junk food FOREVER. Seriously. The cravings for bad food will go away after a month or so of clean eating. A whole plant food Vegan diet is optimal for mental focus, health, and to feel energized and happy. You will physically look healthier and more vibrant if you eat more plants and fruits.

Step 2: Take up weightlifting. Now before you tell me this is the most obvious and generic answer. It's because building muscles and getting stronger WILL 100% boost your confidence and will alter the way people treat you. You will be more respected with muscles. Trust me. The testosterone you gain from working out will increase your energy and you will start to develop that alpha male mentality.

Step 3: Okay. So now you eat healthy all the time and you workout regularly. You should be making progress in the gym and you should be feeling energized. Now you need a job. You need to start applying. Cashier, shelve stocker, McDonald's worker. It doesn't matter. You need to be some place where you make money for your time. You need to be in a position where you have to socialize. Don't worry. Your gains and healthy life style are there to reassure yourself of your confidence, and you can laugh at all the fattys buying McDonalds later at home.

The 3 step plan. Eat healthy. Get big. Work hard.

This is literally all it takes to have confidence. An income, a hobby, and healthy foods to give you energy to do it all. Follow this advice and you will succeed I promise you. Pic related. Women will be doing this in front of you once you do all 3
>>
>>28687860
Step 4: Stop bitching and whining about your issues. Nobody care in the end.

/Thread.
>>
>>28687880
There's only 3 steps flam
>>
The get a job part is what always discourages me. I don't see how I can be happy dealing with idiots all day and doing soul crushing work.
>>
>>28687898
Nevertheless.

This is a quality thread.
>>
>>28687934
You just have to get a job that doesn't suck. Trades are good for that - I spent the day painting and 8 hours (Which themselves are very flexible in this field) went by in what seemed like only one. Furthermore, you'll be spending the day with people smarter than you who are training you to obtain a useful skill, and the clients are always nice people to talk to, even if some are idiots.
>>
I've had a job. I hated it so fucking much because it was customer service. I can't talk to people because I have social anxiety and am a massive sperg.

I can't cook.

Have no complaints about the weightlifting, though. I should start excercising.

Still, I have now demonstrated that simply WANTING and ATTEMPTING to change isn't enough. I will never be good at talking to people no matter how hard I try because social situations are not the correct setting for my brain to thrive. This plan ignores multiple factors.

Also, even if I were to land a woman after taking these steps, what initiative is there to stay for her if she isn't a shut in like me? I don't want to go out with people, it is so draining for me and I hate it. Most of the time, I end up standing in the corner alone and still can't talk to anyone.
>>
>>28687860
woah brah thanks braaaaaaah
i'll just go ahead and be attractive
fuck thank you why didn't i think about that before
>>
>>28687860
This won't work. You can't work out, look awesome and be successful. Look at Trump, dude is fat cause he can only focus his willpower on so much. Same with Carmack, God mode programmer, doesn't work out or diet, focuses all willpower on graphics programming. Trying to do all this shit at once will just kill you and leave you massively depressed as you try to keep up, you won't have time to eat healthy and cook for yourself every day and hit the gym and track your workouts.
>>
XD just get totally strong and attactive and get a good job its easy!!
>>
>>28687860
>THE CURE FOR DEPRESSION
no
>AND BETANESS
maybe, idk
>>
>>28688032
You can get other jobs that don't require customer service. If you have social anxiety that might be jumping off the deep end. I would suggest a shelve stocker or working the warehouse section of wal mart or Costco, or taking up a trade like framing or something. But the bottom line is, only socializing will help your social anxiety. Whatever thoughts go to your head after you have a conversation with a stranger needs to stop, just remember, they don't care or think about you when the conversation is over. And that's because more than likely they all have families, jobs, friends and hobbies to attend to and the boy who was working at customer service is the least of their concerns. It's all in you head bro.
>>
File: pepe-meh.jpg (14 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
pepe-meh.jpg
14 KB, 249x202
I've done all three steps. I'm still a robot with social anxiety.

>>28688085
You absolutely can, just don't expect to be 'cured' of being a robot. Eating healthy takes a bit more effort, but you have to eat anyways - so not much. Getting exercise is absolutely essential, especially as you grow older - it doesn't have to be some /fit/-tier autism, just stay in shape and get exercise. The last one is applying yourself, which is hard to do when depressed. I also don't feel like exercise gives me more energy, but nevertheless I battle through and show up to work and work hard.

All three steps completed, but can't say I have much to show for it.
>>
>>28687860
>mfw having sex cured my depression
>mfw people will always say "muh REAL depression can't be bla bla bla" here because they are cuckolds to their own emotions
>>
>>28687860
I don't care about fixing myself I have accomplish that already the fucking problem here is the current state of females. How do we fix females? I can't not find one that is decent enough to date. Most of them are riding the cock carousel,are fat, are attention whores, cheat, and have no respect for men.
>>
>>28688135
Well yeah same here, I just wish I had more motivation to do shit outside of work, and I did for a period of time when I just stopped working out and focusing on diet. I'd cook up some fast thing like ravioli from costco or a frozen pizza, pour myself a beer and got like 5 songs done on soundcloud and wrote a ton of code on the side. Now with going to the gym and eating healthy, I have visual studio open but no motivation to do anything. Just aimlessly surfing 4chan. Don't even feel like playing vidya.
>>
>>28688099
No one said it would be quick. Start with cleaning up your diet. You will literally feel like a new person after 2 strict weeks of clean eating. Only you can make yourself eat clean and only you will know if you cheated.

From there go to weightlifting. Or something that'll help boost your comfidence. Lifting weights is the easiest and one of the most cheapest activities you can do to boost confidence. I'd also suggest doing boxing, mma or jiu jitsu if money and time isn't an issue.

Then once you have a base of comfidence. You should take the next step and apply for jobs. Only you can do this Anon. I'm just helping. Or you can continue to shitpost on r9k, never better yourself, and stay miserable.

A year from now you'll be looking back at this moment. Do you want to be stuck in the same rut? Or start to change things in your life so you can look back and go "wow, that's what I used to live like?"
>>
File: 1427325510241.png (184 KB, 742x704) Image search: [Google]
1427325510241.png
184 KB, 742x704
>you won't be beta if you lift weights and get a shit tier wageslave job
>>
>>28687860
I've been eating decently healthy and exercising for around 4-5 years. I have a good amount of gains at this point, I'm tall with a decent face and I look better than most people, I also study at university and just landed an internship (non-wageslave type work obviously).

I am still a KV and have just one friend. What now senpai?
>>
>>28688187
you write like you love life some of us dont and eating salad wont change it either
>>
>>28688113
Okay and what about the rest of it then? I don't want to go out to drink with people. I want to spend time either alone or with a small group of friends. Most women don't want that, and the ones that do are hard to find, much like me. I don't even have a facebook page.

I won't be happy if I have to do things I hate just to get a woman to like me. Finding someone who can deal with being a shut in makes everything more difficult.
>>
File: image.jpg (469 KB, 1209x756) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
469 KB, 1209x756
>>28688198
>you won't be a beta if you don't lift weights and stay unemployed posting on r9k all day

It's called baby steps Anon.
>>
File: 1420942692453.jpg (40 KB, 452x363) Image search: [Google]
1420942692453.jpg
40 KB, 452x363
>>28688175
Truth is, at least for me, I'm a wageslave that works like 50 hours per week (I know people work way more, but, I work 50). So weeknights when I get home I'm exhausted, cook, maybe shitpost and go to sleep. Since I have to wake up early I go to bed early and wake up early.

Then on weekends, I'm exhausted on Friday so it's like a typical weeknight. So I wake up early on Saturday, then spend the morning shopping, afternoon cleaning. Basically have Sunday to relax is everything else goes right.

Just no time for anything else, I don't get how people have lives.
>>
i did all the shit OP says and i eventually just devolved back into a useless NEET

came close to getting a date a few times but always fell through, i gave up. genetics are everything
>>
don't fall for it, lads
>>
>>28688198
>wageslave

You're going to let 4chan meme buzzwords like this prevent you from making money? Let me ask you this. When you go past a fast food joint or pick up fast food. Do you judge all the workers and laugh knowing they're probably making minimum wage? Or do you just get your food and carry on with your life?
>>
>>28688241
>how people have lives
>crocodile tears
i get home at 430 or 500 and theres at least 6 hours to fuck around with my friends or go out with my wife or whatever. that's on a week night, where only a few times a month i'll just nap and chill on my computer. you don't get it because you don't live it. the weekends always feel long as fuck because there are so many things to do. even in high school i was busy with IB and sports until 800 at night and still had enough time to raid WoW and date girls.

start working out or taking cold showers in the morning or something if you really give a fuck, but it takes a different lifestyle if you want one.
>>
>>28688241
>no time

Bullshit. I wake up at 6:00am, start work a 7am, work till 3, then lift weights or do BJJ depending on the day. This "I don't have time" is a excuse used by lazy cucks like you. You have time mother fucker. Make it. You're on 4chan right now when you could be doing something else.
>>
I'm not falling for the lifting meme.

Doing minimum wage jobs is also a meme, you improve your skills and leech until you land a decent job. No decent job gives a fuck that you worked in MacDs. You are just wasting time and resources bogging yourself down with that shit.

Bad advice overall
>>
>>28688316
>>28688340
>i love life look at me
>>
>>28688304
no, but also msot people dont realize that shit parents are the reason we are where we are. Most people dont question shit we do. Not saying were special, just we pay attention to different things and thus are insecure about different things. and this is coming form someone who worker in fast food, yes. they do judge you.
>>
>>28688383
>life is hard look at me
>>
>>28688340
hurr durr, you dont do what i do so your a cuck LOL
your posting on a mongolian pottery forum faggot, who do you think you are?
>>
>>28688401
if you have shit parents find a better influence.
>>
>Step 1: Healthy diet. Arguably the most important step on this list. You are what you eat they say. So if you're filling your body with fast food, processed foods, microwave dinners, or candy, you need to cut that out because it's helping to make you depressed. Cut it out. All of it. Give up on junk food FOREVER. Seriously. The cravings for bad food will go away after a month or so of clean eating. A whole plant food Vegan diet is optimal for mental focus, health, and to feel energized and happy. You will physically look healthier and more vibrant if you eat more plants and fruits.

%100 agree.
changed my diet mid april, at first i was having bad cravings for sweets/chocolate/biscuits but the craving is now gone, i dont even remember the late time i had a sweet but i know i must never touch that sort of food again.

also fruits now taste sweeter after cutting out the junk sugar and my mood is better and i have more energy.

I wont take up exercise yet as i want to get my diet sorted, no point putting on new clothes if you have not had a wash.
>>
>>28688354
Stop calling things memes
>>
I wouldn't prescribe to the notions put forth in the OP perhaps as much as he would, but I do agree. Eating right and exercising has made me so much happier, and I've only been doing it for around a month.
>>
>>28688404
> blablabla i work out 10 times a week im so great im a god i can do everything im a beast
>>
File: 1447045147334.jpg (28 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1447045147334.jpg
28 KB, 720x720
I already do all this stuff where do I receive my free gf?
>>
>>28688085
>carmack
>doesn't work out
https://youtu.be/X68Mm_kYRjc
>>
JUST EAT SALAD BRO
EVERYTHING WILL FIX ITSELF
PRETEND YOU'RE CONFIDENT
>>
I am a lonely fitfag. I literally look like an ifbb pro and yet I can't even get a girl to go out with me. Lifting helps only if you have the trappings of a normal man. I am poor and live at home
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 1300x866
>Hi isey!
>>
File: 1456258056515.jpg (50 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1456258056515.jpg
50 KB, 380x380
step 5: kill self because the 3-step plan doesn't apply to ubermanlets like myself
>>
>>28688527
Nobody said they would be free, nigger
>>
File: 1430263672646.jpg (94 KB, 626x788) Image search: [Google]
1430263672646.jpg
94 KB, 626x788
>>28688665
>Be 5'4"
>Fell for the /fit/ meme.
>>
>>28687860
>Step 2: Take up weightlifting.

I have a bicuspid aortic valve and lifting can end up killing me. It's actually my biggest insecurity, and the only one I've had my entire life.

That being said, I've done steps 1 and 3 and yes, they help tremendously.
>>
File: 1456372344332.jpg (923 KB, 3191x1760) Image search: [Google]
1456372344332.jpg
923 KB, 3191x1760
Step 1: dont fall for the lifting meme

go ask /fit/ and all the swole incels over there to find out what happens when you fall for the lifting meme. that board is literally r9k: muscle edition
>>
>>28688198
>>28688238
gud pepes
>>
>>28688688
You should've known. You should've learned.
>>
I have insomnia so I don't recover for like 4 days and barely make any gains
>>
File: 1463703646381.jpg (238 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1463703646381.jpg
238 KB, 550x550
As someone who went from Beta , to a alpha in college, to a beta gain, and now climbing back to alpha . Here are my tips.

Stay slim. Eat Healthy. Be an asshole to everyone that isn't your friend or family. Never backdown to another male who is slighting you (most of the time it never comes to an actual fight). If you see a girl you like just stare at her and DON'T look away when she catches you, if girl gives you the shit-test always counter it by making the girl feel stupid or start making fun of her, never care what others say and always keep your head up high even in situations where you are taking a lot of heat, don't be afraid to walk away from a situation where you don't feel in control, be a man of few words, spend time with male friends regularly without females present, don't be afraid to play dirty, and finally don't let relathionships make you weak as a man
>>
You forgot the most important part, drugs.

All men over 25 should be on 500mg testosterone a week, or maybe slightly lower and add in nadnrolone, some like 300mg test and 125mg nand. Test alone is incredible for the mental and mood gains, but add in dbol and it's like a low grade roll, I like to take it pwo only and with an equal amount of anadrol, easier on the liver that way and still good mood gains but adrol is better in every way except for mood.25mg MK677 every day is another solid option, though you may want to cycle this one on and off to avoid any problems like carpal tunnel.

Another good one is fix your fapping habits. You won't be able to cum your first time with a girl, or at least a majority of guys can't. That whole premature ejaculation things is a meme. Get a fleshlight, or not, any masturbation sleeve will work, no shill. Wrap it in a blanket or something and learnhow to cum from humping. It feels much better too.

I can't speak on the efectiveness of jelqing, I simply don't have th epatience for it despite being only 5.5". I do use a bathmate, or at least a chinese copy that is identical in every way except costing 10% as much as the real thing. DHgate or aliexpress is the place to go for that. It's fun and my cock looks downright hateful after use. I use it about 5 times a week, while trying for every day. Due to my fucked up schedule there comes a point where you are just too tired to even play with your dick for 10 minutes, or even passively let is suck your dick while you shave or whatever in the shower. I'm not sure about any permanence, but I can stay a good .25 to .33 inches above baseline a few hours after use. That's a sizable increase that a girl would certainly notice, but as much as anything I just like how it makes me go from a grower to a shower. I feel more confident when I strut around with a noticeable bulge.

As fro a job fuck that. Looks up early retirement. 4% rule is real.
>>
>>28688756
Just eating fat is all the testosterone one needs.
>>
Here's what you do, don't fall for the healthy eating meme or fitness meme. Just take steroids and do whatever you normally do, in no time you'll have a better body than most the long time gymcels
>>
>>28688771

Who gives a shit about what a man needs? Injecting testosterone will give a man all the testosterone he wants. Which one do you think is better?
>>
You're acting like this is something we don't already know. Everything you said is true and we knew that already. The entire point is that we CAN'T and are UNABLE TO follow these simple steps to happiness. If we could, and since we know what to do, then don't you think we'd have done so already a long time ago?
>>
>>28688773

Steroid are pretty incredible but You should still work on diet, at least get 1g/lb bw each day, and do at least a little training, even if it's just calisthenics. Steroids alone will make a difference, but it's when combined with diet and training that they shine. You should be able to expect to grow about twice as fast as normal at typical babby doses. using insulin/sulfonyurea and or gh/gh secretgogue you can increase it even higher.
Without enough protein nothing can happen, and after a while without adequate energy intake not much will happen.
>>
>>28688849

What part are you having trouble with? Most people here can implement these, except maybe the job for a small especially fucked up people. How hard is it to ask mom to pick up some extra milk while she's out and start doing pushups, chinups, and backbridges?
>>
>>28688870
Yeah you should and it works great, but it's not even needed if you're not in a hurry and lazy
>>
>>28688915
I have a mental disorder that makes me terrified to be around other people, even my own mother. I'm in therapy and on medication and nothing's working. Exposure doesn't numb me to these feelings but only makes them worse. I have no friends, money, or car, and calisthenics are a meme.
>>
>>28687860
A full vegan diet often offers insufficient fats and proteins. You cannot cut out meat.
>>
>>28688950

>need

There's that word again, again false. You're dead fucking wrong. Steroids will get you beyond what is possible no matter how perfect diet and training are unenhanced. Steroids are also a terrible idea for lazy people. Only people who are serious about things and willing to work hard use them. If anything it's the lazy people who don't roid.
>>
File: pepepe.png (220 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
pepepe.png
220 KB, 858x725
THIS IS THE SAME KIND OF SHIT ADVICE I GOT TO "CURE MY ACNE"
>>
>>28688962

It sounds like you're the kind of person I imagined when I put the bit about the job. So why can't you eat more or exercise? Neither require being around people, and the increase in cost is marginal to eat more, and considering how expensive processed foods are you will probable save money by cleaning up the diet despite getting a more favorable macronutrient ratio and higher total daily calories consumed. Calisthenics most certainly isn't a meme, but even if it were you can go on craigslist and wait for a 300lb oly weight set to popup for $100. If space is a concern, while not ideal, you can get a 200lb adjustable dumbell set for ~$250 and make decent enough gains.
>>
When I did all three I was an awkward mess who couldn't talk to women.
I started dressing in good clothes, imitating Tom Cruise and watching videos on seduction and I got girls chasing me.
This thread is bullshit. Maybe it can work for someone, but it's definitely a low chance. Learning how to behave is much more important than any of that shit.
>>
>>28689066

Look up the term med compliance. Your problem is that you didn't take the accutane, or didn't take it as ordered. You have only yourself to blame for that.
>>
File: Disappointed - Mitsuki.png (603 KB, 1225x689) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed - Mitsuki.png
603 KB, 1225x689
>weightlifting
>vegan diet

kill yourself
>>
Nah. The diet is the only important thing. It seriously does help with not feeling depressed all the time.

I would say some exercise and doing something outdoors also helps, but it doesn't need to be weightlifting. I do mostly body weight, some mild cardio, and look fine.

Shitty jobs are bad. Don't work one if you don't have to. Go to school or work somewhere cool if you have connections. You will never meet anyone cool at a shitty job.
>>
>>28689166
>Anime.png
He probably won't be killing himself as soon as you will
>>
>>28687860
Exercise only helps if you're a sad normie, it doesn't do jack for real depression. The lowest point in my life and when I attempted suicide was while I was in the best shape of my life and training to run a marathon.
>>
You know what actually cures depression?

Getting friends.
Getting a gf.
Having sex.

Do these things and congrats, you no longer have depression.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.