[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/WWTG/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6
File: drinking-sewage-water.jpg (10 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
drinking-sewage-water.jpg
10 KB, 268x188
WASTE WATER TREATMENT GENERAL

Drinking again and ready to answer all your queries and worries about what happens to your shit after you shit and howcome it becomes the water you drink again.
>>
How is babby formd
>>
>>28687488
you pee in a vag
>>
How girl get pragnant????
>>
>>28687435
I worked in a wastewater lab. Had to clean out a pump that wasn't working because it was all clogged up with tampons. I'm glad I don't work in a wastewater lab anymore.
>>
What kind of containment policies do waste water treatment sites employ to prevent runoff/seepage into the watershed drainage basin?
>>
>>28687534
I work in the lab as well. It's pretty cash as I don't unclog the tampons, but you're right. Quit flushing all that shit down the toilet. Our infrastructure isn't made to handle that.

>>28687537
Calling the EPA and letting them handle it.
>>
>>28687582
The only reason I had to was because we had a constructed wetland to treat waste from one of the bathrooms and I was in charge of it. So when the pump wasn't working I was the lucky one to have to clean it. Otherwise I actually liked working there.
>>
Is there a seperate filtration system for floaters and sinkers? I'd imagine sinkers would clog up somewhere
>>
>>28687653
It all gets shredded.
>>
>>28687582
>Our infrastructure isn't made to handle that.
It should be.
>>
>>28687671
until they create biodegradable tampons that shit will clog up pumps and valves.
>>
What would you say is the efficiency % of the system?
>>
>>28687671
Wanna pay for a complete overhaul with your tax dollars? Most people don't
>>
Has anyone ever fallen into the flocculation tank?
>>
>>28687695
We consistently have over 95% removal of solids and our water always tests within EPA limits of all contaminates. So good. My plant has gotten awards.
>>
>>28687698
And that attitude people have is seriously holding us back.
>>
>>28687719
Our are ditches and yes. We have a shower and a washer/dyer at work for this very reason. Can't do much about your boots after that though.

>>28687734
Bitch to you local government. I'd love an upgrade.
>>
Have you had to shut down the plant for any extended period of time due to treated water that didn't meet the standards?
>>
I'm assuming you're in the US so aside from obvious places like Flint, where is water unsafe to drink without people even knowing?
>>
Why is everyone who works in SCADA a douchebag?
>>
>>28687778
Never, but the town next to us did and they lost their license to treat water from the EPA and we got their waste and a fat upgrade with money from the feds to compensate us for their incompetence.

>>28687792
Like you want me to name cities? Camden, NJ for sure. I wouldn't trust most former industrial or mining areas but hey, I don't live there and maybe they know what they're doing there but that's a heavy load of contaminants.
>>
>>28687818
I wish I knew. I hate engineers too. They're all faggots who can't design dick.
>>
ever found like a baby bird or any other sort of little dead animals?
>>
>>28687872
All the time. Mostly salamanders and snapping turtles. We have a lot of ducks that like to hang out in our ditches and you can't forget about all the microbial life that I cultivate. They're like my pets.
>>
What do/did you study to end up there?
>>
Where does my poop go?
>>
>>28687924
I dropped out of an environmental science degree and cold called the plant. They hired me as their lab guy because I know lab stuff. Now I got a cert from the EPA to do water testing and I'm finishing my degree. So, nothing?

>>28687936
Down the drain to me.
>>
>>28687936
It gets turned into stars in the night sky
>>
File: 1431869933180.jpg (256 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
1431869933180.jpg
256 KB, 850x850
bumpda
>>
what happens to all the fecal matter? like the solid stuff that gets filtered out of the water.
>>
>>28687435
Can you explain in short how the hell the water gets clean again? Do you just run it through 25 different filters or is there som magic involved?
>>
What do you think of the self-contained/household toilet to.tap systs people have been talking about?
>>
>>28688237
Fecal matter isn't solid despite how hard your shits are. Solids are like TAMPONS, BABY WIPES, and CONDOMS! QUIT FLUSHING THESE DOWN THE DRAIN!

>>28688253
I got u famalam

You poop, flush it down the toilet with some toilet paper. It goes through the sewer and comes to my plant where it is now considered influent. The raw influent hits our rotters which shred all the solids mentioned above. It hits a selector tank where we put chemicals such as mag hydroxide in it to make stuff coagulate. From there it goes into a two series ditch where we airate it and have our culture of bacteria that eat the fecal matter and other shit. Methane is a huge by product. Eventually after it makes it through my ditches it goes to clarifiers where the heavier stuff settles to the bottom and I pump that out, It's called sludge. The water on top goes to a maze of chlorine and back into the environment or to you. The sludge is another thing we deal with.
>>
>>28688350
Haven't heard of them and I'm pretty into that paranoid survival thing. Got a link?

>>28688253
The sludge is thick and full of all sorts of nasties. We pump it to a centrifuge that dries it out and puts the dirt like material into a big dumpster that gets picked up as needed and sent to the local dump. That shit makes great fertilizer and honestly we should be selling it.
>>
>>28688375
>we should be selling it
That sort of shameless capitalism really ticks me off but you're right, a lot of money could be made from that which could then be reinvested into the system. Either lowering tax cost or just upgrading stuff to be more efficient.

Are the poo plants privatised?
>>
>>28687719
oh dear god, imagine drowning in shit?
>>
Do you have any knowledge of waste water treatment systems in India?

Why can they not poo in the loo?
>>
>>28687826
What do you recommend I do if I live in a mining area with heavy usage of cyanide for metal retrieval
>>
>>28688439
>baiting for an argument about marxism in a thread about poop water on a voting based news aggregate site
>>
>>28688439
You're assuming we wouldn't be selling it as fertilizer and using that to contribute to our towns tax fund. Also, for the fucking record, our water plant makes money for the town. We are a net gain, so all our dumb ass expenses are covered and no one can say shit to us because we do such a good job. We bring in close to half a million a year in profit. At our scale it'd be harder to get more efficient, Like they gave us a boat for the lake to take samples with and we gave it to the fire department and they gave it back. They only thing I'd change is getting the good clarifiers.

>>28688486
I assume it is because they are sub-human shitskins. My colleges could correct me but who knows.

>>28688501
Where do you get your water from? A well? The town? The County?
>>
>>28688533
City water son
>>
>>28687435
How do I activate the purifier?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PElDbdLmIEw
>>
>>28688546
What state if ya don't mind me asking. You're probably best off contacting a few out of state universities. Your local or even state level people won't tell you how bad it is, if it even is, as they have an interest in getting employed by these people.
>>
>>28688569
We do have codes for things here and you'd be hard pressed to get them out of us as we live in a free state and like 7/8 guys here carry our AR's in our cars. Not to mention we meet with county sheriff weekly so I mean you can try.
>>
>>28688631
By the authority of the president, this facility is now under United States control.
>>
File: 1462036163621.jpg (38 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1462036163621.jpg
38 KB, 340x340
>>28688586
Nevada land of cheap desert whores
>>
if i flush my 10 year old collection of jenkem down the toilet will i get a visit from the feds?
>>
>>28688631
you mean the key code to the break room?
>>
File: 1430616236234.jpg (31 KB, 428x376) Image search: [Google]
1430616236234.jpg
31 KB, 428x376
>>28688654
Bruh, I'm sorry to tell you but you already have cancer. Send your samples to East Coast Universities. It might cost you some money but you'll get an unbiased result.
>>
>>28688533
How much money do you make per year before taxes??
>>
>>28688751
45 ish
I do a lot of off the book gun work, permaculture, agricultural permeation work.
>>
>>28688776
>off the book gun work
>agricultural permeation

bruh this sound highly illegal
>>
>>28687582
>tfw the republicans want to abolish the EPA
>>
Can you in some way trace the sewage? If I were to flush down a few fingers maybe a foot or two, from the moment you noticed it how long would it take until the police found my place?
>>
>>28688800
You sound like the kind of fag who would want to make it illegal.

>>28688813
They may but I'm one of those rare eco-libertarians. I believe the NAP applies to the environment
>>
>>28688839
Depends on the pipes. If they got caught in some choke hold with only three houses leading into it, yeah. The general sewer, not at all and it would all probably be so ground up and eaten that no one would ever notice.
>>
>>28688843
I assure you the people that paid the Republicans to take that position will find a judge that disagrees.
>>
>>28688866
You need to get more specific in your replies.
>>
>>28688893
Sorry I'm kinda jaded because I live in Michigan.
>>
File: IMEPA.jpg (77 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
IMEPA.jpg
77 KB, 300x300
>>28687435
SHOW ME YOUR NPDES PERMIT NOW
>>
>>28687435
Seems like an obvious question that you've probably answered before, but what actually happens to shit? How is it processed and does it actually become the water we drink as you say? Thanks buddy.
>>
>>28688908
Are you referring to gun law or environmental law? That's my question.

>>28688925
Refer to

>>28688352
>>28688375
>>
>>28688671
Why do you say this
Am I fucked
>>
>>28688937
Environmental law. I don't care much about gun law desu. I know the /k/ types would get angry at me for saying that but as long as you lock your shit up properly I don't care.
>>
>>28688865
>ground up and eaten

Please explain this. Also please say some words about the roach and rat population in the sewers and any terrifying stories related to it. I want to know the truth
>>
>>28688965
Nevada was the historic testing ground for all sort of nuclear weapons, not to mention what we don't know. Then you got all the mining before environmental concerns were even a thing. You may not be fucked, as I am in no way a doctor, but that environment ain't looking good. Again, consult someone who knows what the fuck they're talking about and TEST YOUR WATER AT THE LEAST.

>>28688969
Well fuck you for thinking I need to lock dick up.

Anyways, It's not the republican's fault. The democrats gave all the water works to affirmative actions hires because they thought it was 'the right thing to do'. Notice this water shit only happens in democratic cities. But hey, the water treatment records were stolen, so it's okay, the white man did it :^)
>>
>>28689051
It didn't happen before the Republican governor put in his emergency mangers. Before that it was a bunch of thieving niggers but at least they kept the shit working. After it was a different group of stupid niggers in 2 different cities that under the direction of Rick Snyder made a bunch of incredibly stupid decisions to cut costs.

tl;dr choosing to have black Democrats run your city instead of Republicans is like choosing al qaeda over isis.
>>
>>28689097
The Governor doesn't have much rule over an area that has been ran by democrats for almost a century. They kept shit working only means it was undetectable. They people of Flint on started complaining when the saw the water wasn't clear to their standards. They chose between which side of the river nigger they wanted to rob and poison them. They only have themselves to blame.
>>
>>28689141
Not really. They were using Detroit water but Rick Snyder's puppet manager here jacked up the rates so the stupid nigger from Saginaw that was also instilled by him switched to the Flint river water. He knew about all this, you can see it from his emails.
>>
>>28687435
What do you want us to flush? What don't you want us to flush? Is it possible for the surface community to break the system by flushing certain things? Just curious, sewage seems to be built pretty solidly
>>
>>28689179
>Detroit water
I'd rather die that ingest that sludge

It was a group of monkys passing the buck. They just kept passing the blame as to who was poisoning the water, who was responsible for treating it, who needs to break the news to the citizens that maybe their old ass pipes are full of lead, and maybe who needs to vote out muhammed al shakur muhammed bin faruk
>>
>>28689235
Normal toilet paper is fine, we don't want tampons, baby wipes, condoms, any sort of cooking oil, or any sort of plastic. It's not that hard.
>>
>>28689256
I don't know anyone that drinks tap water. That's for poor people. Anyway the government regardless of being republican or democrat is only as good as the community it's serving most of the time. The majority of them are completely incompetent. I'd rather have a democrat that isn't stingy there to spend the tax payer dollars to fix the shit instead of a republican when the shit hits the fan though.
>>
>>28688439
>Government employees selling waste

>shameless capitalism

K
>>
A question on tap water. From what I've heard, water I'd mixed with things to make It clean and help with health like fluoride. I don't know if this is true or not, bit if it is, how is that done? Is it as simple as dissolving the stuff into the cleaned water? How clean can you guys get the water? If you're near a lake, do you just dump out the dirty water there, or do you guys try to clean the lake water as well?
>>
>>28689310
Nigga what? I drink tap as do most people I know, the outliers are on wells.

How old are you?

Have you ever had private job?

Have you ever had a public job?

You'd really rather have a goverment that spills out money to people who don't work than one who makes sure people are at least doing something?
>>
flushable wipes are fine, right? they're specifically labeled as such.
>>
>>28688908
That explains the whole "irrelevant liberal jackass" thing you have going on
>>
lol what, is this a water treatment thread? I work as a tech rep for a company that does industrial projects, so I work in industrial pretreatment and water purification. My specialty is in high pressure RO's for water reuse. I can answer some questions about industrial water. I've worked in the BMW factory, Volvo, trojan condoms, James Hardie, Nemak, HOWMET and SELMET
>>
what happens to corn in poop?
>>
>>28689369
I'm 27 and I had both types of jobs. The government has to keep this whole patchwork of a country together and keep it up to first world standards. I'm well aware that in my lifetime those "standards" are going to slip, first slowly then the whole god damn dam is going to burst. I've lived in a 3rd world country before as well and I can tell you that we're not that far off. It will happen in the shittiest places first, then before you know it the place you live in will be on the path to what's considered shitty.
>>
>>28689310
Bruh, if shit hit the fan you'd be long dead my liberal friend.

>>28689361
I can't speak for everywhere as I live in a very tight community in a very specific environment.

>From what I've heard, water I'd mixed with things to make It clean and help with health like fluoride

Nah, in may area we don't fucks with fluoride, could vary based on your state/county

>How clean can you guys get the water?
Define clean, We get over 95% removal of TSS

>If you're near a lake, do you just dump out the dirty water there, or do you guys try to clean the lake water as well?

NO, our lake is our economic power house. We get out water from the spring deep, deep down there. We punish dumpers, not like the EPA way, like rural ways.
>>
>>28689463
Nah I'd be in Canada. I could use a Canadian citizenship as a stepping stone if I needed to get out of there too.
>>
>>28689463
Cool, lakeside Ontario here, so they might do similar things. I guess instead of saying how clean you make the water (like how much of a sample is pure h2o), what can you guys filter out, and do you guys always filter all that you can all the time? Why doesn't your state deal with fluoride? How bad is the stuff? Any brain damage like with mercury?
>>
Whats so bad about cooking oil? Its a liquid is it not?
>>
What do you think of this song about water?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYaBnzVSL2U
>>
File: 1408591950548.jpg (52 KB, 700x572) Image search: [Google]
1408591950548.jpg
52 KB, 700x572
Hey, bro. Good to see you back. I haven't applied to any shitwater/water treatment plants yet because I'm scared of rejection/failure. I keep hearing about education requirements and just being hired as a bitchboi grunt instead of a position with potential for growth/advancement. I was the fag that had one environmental science class like 8-9 years ago, and have been unemployed for 7 years....

Any tips/advice?
>>
very interesting thread, thank you for sharing
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.