[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw almost 20 >don't quite feel like an "adult",
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (265 KB, 1242x2004) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
265 KB, 1242x2004
>tfw almost 20
>don't quite feel like an "adult", but don't quite feel like some kind of manchild either
>ask friend to see if she considers 18, 21, or something else to be an adult
>get this response instead
What the fuck is she trying to say? I knew she was a pretentious cunt, but shit, I bet she was one of those bitches who thought she was an adult at like 12 or some shit.
>>
>>28686573
either she's a pretentious cunt Stacy, thinks you're immature and not an adult, or is a pedophile.
Feel free to decide which of the three applies
>>
she doesnt want to talk to you
>>
File: 1462506391590.jpg (45 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1462506391590.jpg
45 KB, 500x376
>>28686573
>Do you like Baby Seals?
Nice ice-breaker.
>>
>>28686685
This

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed
Sorry OP
>>
>>28686573

never text her again

do yourself a favor
>>
>>28686573
>4 2-word texts in a row

Have you been creeping on this girl or something?
>>
>>28686817
No, we talk every other day, I've known her for years.
>>
>>28686573
you asked an ok-autistic question. Got an answer that sounded reasonable but continued to poke further basically saying what you first asked.

You sounded annoying and many of us would call how you talked autistic. Similar to a child that asks a question the says why? and repeats why?
>>
>>28686833
+ on that she was basically saying that you can be however old you want like 50 years old but still be immature and childish.
>>
>>28686824
You wouldn't bother talking to a man who put this little effort into your conversations, why are you talking to her?
>>
>>28686573
I think it's pretty clear what she was trying to say, but I'll try to explain it further if you're legitimately confused. I think she sees adulthood as defined first by maturity (responsibility as she put it) and secondly confirmed by age. So a person who is immature (irresponsible) will never achieve adulthood by her definition no matter how old they are, and conversely regardless of maturity a person isn't an adult no matter how mature they are until they reach a certain age which she doesn't define. I'd have to imagine that based on her saying "life is complicated" what she means by this is that it's a variable age that differs from person to person but falls after puberty where the majority of the world agrees adulthood happens.

I don't think your friend is pretentious, I think you're either playing around or just really dumb and expecting a long winded answer to a complicated question via a text message out of the blue.
>>
>>28686573
She's right.
I think people are pressured to grow up too quickly nowadays. You aren't really mentally developed till about 25.

Regardless of the speed of your own development, you'll know when you're done.

You just didn't get an answer you liked.
>>
>>28686573
You acted like an autist, m8.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.