[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you have divorced parents? It seems like after 30
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1463373925677.jpg (460 KB, 1209x756) Image search: [Google]
1463373925677.jpg
460 KB, 1209x756
How many of you have divorced parents?

It seems like after 30 years my parents might be getting one.

>hurr ur mums a slut hurr she wants to take half his shit hurrr

nah actually my mum is the bread winner and always has been, my dad's going to benefit since he has always earned 3-4 times less than her and he has been living like a NEET the last 3 years hence why she can't stand him anymore
>>
>>28685026

Haha, that shit happened with my family too.

My mom had been the bread winner and my dad was unemployed for... at least three years before they divorced.

This happened when I was about 21. I was expecting it for a long time.
>>
>>28685026
It was close for my family. Dad would get drunk very often, mum is an amazing person but she was getting very tired of all this. Fortunately after making an ultimatum that if dad doesn't stop drinking she will divorce him, he eventually stopped completely. I'm an adult now and my brother will be leaving them soon (university) and I'm worried if they will stay together without their children with them :(
>>
>>28685026
My dad was the breadwinner.

My mom didn't think things through an became a teacher for some stupid reason (and when she brought up her reasoning ten years later I immediately pointed out that her reasoning was retarded) instead of becoming a realtor like she wanted. The stress from being a teacher built up and killed her marriage.

Basically she didn't think things through.
>>
My parents were very "old fashion" and didn't want to get a divorce.

.......until all their kids grew up and moved out, and their parents died

Turns out they just didn't want to "upset" their parents by getting a divorce so they waited until they all died before doing it. Yeah my parents are fairly autistic in that sense, literally staying together for a few extra decades because they didn't want to upset their parents LOL.
>>
>>28685235

That happens with a lot of people, though. Not necessarily divorcing, but a lot of people dictate their lives based on what will earn them their parents' approval and "love." My own father was that way. When his marriage was failing, I overheard him call his father and totally whitewash his own childhood experience in an attempt to connect with his drug-addict, neglecting father.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.