[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /schopenhour/ here? - Anything good is really negative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
who /schopenhour/ here?

- Anything good is really negative

- The Brute vs. The rational thinking man: The former is really living life, the latter only exists to be in perpetual disappointment

- The story of two old friends reunited would eventually convene on the idea of disappointment because of the separation and time lost

- A brute when inflicted pain yells/yelps every time as if it is experiencing it for the first time, each time.

- The perfect way to illustrate the dynamic of pleasure and pain is with two animals, one eating the other.

- God must not exist as entity of perfection for two reasons 1) There is so much evil in this world and 2) He created Man who is inherently flawed.

- Boredom is when the rational man is so distraught with the lack of purpose that he will spend his luxury to leave his location only to arrive at the destination to ask the locals what is there to do for fun

- The brute, incapable of wisdom of what has been and what could be, is living a true life of bliss as the things most immediately important to it i.e. water, shelter, sex are objects of pursuit within immediate range.

- Evil is not necessarily bad, it's actions of consequence that benefit someone else less desireable than selfish ego.
Pleasure is negative in that it negates the natural state of man which is suffering, something essential to life as a state of perpetual happiness would end all progress. Boredom, Schopenhauer says is our "existence merely felt".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBMDYUb0RY
>>
File: ICC3b.jpg (209 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ICC3b.jpg
209 KB, 1280x720
Pleasure is never as pleasant as we expected it to be and pain is always more painful. The pain in the world always outweighs the pleasure. If you don't believe it, compare the respective feelings of two animals, one of which is eating the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8RoB7FbU3A
>>
How do I get started with Schopy? He seems like my kind of philosopher.
>>
I like him. He has some interesting theories.
>>
a beta cuck who envied Hegel
>>
>>28684215
time-scale though. If the killed animal's pain was spread over the time which the eating animal lives, then the pain/pleasure ratio is just about equal.

Not even accounting for shock and gating.
>>
>>28685275
Have a thorough understanding Kant.
>>
>>28685426
>kant
so gang-rape is perfectly ethical
>>
File: 1395674645293.png (36 KB, 250x331) Image search: [Google]
1395674645293.png
36 KB, 250x331
>liking Edgy Teen: The Philosopher
>>
>>28685426
no, because then the line is going to get pushed further back until I'm starting with the greeks or commencing with the chinese or taking off with the tolmecs

>>28685462
that's neechee
>>
>>28684164
I'll help you here, bro. I'm feeling generous:

>good is bad, I can't comprehend basic language
>dad vs. mom
>god
>I'm off the pills again because they weren't invented and even if they were it wouldn't have helped
>>
Schopenhauer was a robot:

http://www.theabsolute.net/misogyny/onwomen.html

I share his views on roasties though.
>>
>>28685472
Schopenhauer himself even said it was necessary to understand his work. It's quite difficult to go through if you're not familiar with him.

You could probably read his later essays without it if you really wanted to.
>>
>>28685548
Schopenhauer was a depressed Chad. Dude was rich and got got laid quite a bit.
>>
I think the notion of the heat death of the universe would have comforted Schop. After all this time striving for the will to life the universe strives until the striving ironically become a great nothing quintillions of years from now.
>>
>>28685561
If anything its just a lame response/rebuttal to kant's thesis about whatever is the most good for the most people is good.
>>
>>28685275
The Routledge Guide to Kant
Kant's Critique of Pure Reason, the Antimonies being very important.
The Groundwork for the metaphysics of morals by Kant (all of it).
Roger Scruton's, A Short History of Modern Philosophy.
Then, lastly, V1 and 2 of World as Will and Representation and maybe his essay on the principle.of suffient reason.
>>
>>28685583
>got laid quite a bit.
with whores

The loli that he wanted, wrote in her diaries that he was repulsive fuck.
>>
>>28685687
His entire system is rooted in Kant's metaphysics. There's more to his work than the OP post let's on.
>>
>>28685583
>>Schopenhauer was a depressed Chad.
So were all philosophers and writers. You don't become academically or literarily famous without being Chad and having a shitload of social connections, as well as enough money and support to live for free while you're writing.
>>
>>28685548
>http://www.theabsolute.net/misogyny/onwomen.html

This guy was a genius, he must be rolling in his grave looking at women today.
>>
>>28685687

That's not Kant, you're thinking of Mill and Bentham. Kant rejected utilitarianism.
>>
>>28685924
He wasn't famous in his time though. Hegel was the Chad Thundercock of his age.
>>
>>28685545

>good is bad, I can't comprehend basic language

Schopenhauer didn't say good was bad. He said it was negative, by which he meant that goodness comes from the lack or alleviation of some form of suffering.
>>
>>28685275
desu ignore these cucks that tell you start with kant
it's more likely that schopenhauer will explain kant's philosophy to the reader better than he could understand him
>>
>>28685953

Kant was the chad right?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.