[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dad is making me go somewhere in a car even though I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: b3350d62a30aa90635f9a26a031fd461.jpg (465 KB, 1000x1060) Image search: [Google]
b3350d62a30aa90635f9a26a031fd461.jpg
465 KB, 1000x1060
>Dad is making me go somewhere in a car even though I have a concussion
>have to go or else I "can no longer expect favors" from him and I'm a NEET who wants a soundproof room
>>
soundproof room? Just stop screaming your waifu's name so loud before climax you tool.
>>
>>28683997
The reason I want a soundproof room is so I don't have to hear my family. They are very noisy.
>>
File: worried.gif (979 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
worried.gif
979 KB, 480x270
>>28683750
How did you get a concussion senpai?
>>
>>28683750
tell him you don't feel like riding in a bumpy car for hours while you have a concussion. You'll get headaches.
>>
>>28684223
Do you really want to know? I don't think you can handle how stupid it is.
I got into a habit of shaking my head whenever seeing something unpleasant, like anime characters often do when they have impure thoughts. One day, I saw some really disgusting hentai and shook my head so hard I gave myself a whiplash-induced concussion.
Although, I think my brain was already kind of "tender" from nodding my head to music so much. Wouldn't have happened if my house weren't so noisy, though.

>>28684226
I think he might make me go to the hospital out of spite if I tell him that I have a concussion. I'm not sure it's worth the risk.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (20 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
20 KB, 620x400
>>28684335
Aw anon that's a tick you should definitely rid yourself of.
Try making a face like pic related instead of lashing about. I never gave myself a concussion but I used to crack my neck real hard in similar situations and ended up with pulled muscles in my shoulders and neck a few times :/
>>
File: 1416298777929.jpg (58 KB, 545x607) Image search: [Google]
1416298777929.jpg
58 KB, 545x607
>>28683750
Does your dad at least know you have a concussion? Have you been to the doctor yet?
>>
>>28683750
give your dad a concussion so he can't drive you
>>
>>28684423
Oh shit so I'm not the only one. Yeah, I think I'm pretty much rid of it and also make facial expressions now instead.

>>28684480
I think he'd make me get an x-ray to prove that I have a concussion. And going to the doctor would require driving and worst case scenario they'd make me stay at a hospital or something. I'm in America so the doctor I get would most likely be a useless retard.

>>28684518
I wish I could.
>>
>>28684684
> I'm in America so the doctor I get would most likely be a useless retard.
True, the most they would do is tell you to take it easy and if it's really really bad to have someone keep you awake at night, but based on how you got it, it's probably pretty minor.
>>
I'm sorry are we suppose to take you seriously after you said you got a concussion from shaking your head so hard after seeing some hentai?
>>
>>28684716
>it's probably pretty minor.
Yeah, it does feel minor, but it's actually a few months old now. But, ever since I started eating healthier a couple weeks ago, it's felt a lot better. I think it's healing and I'll have to go to the place in 8 or 9 days so i don't think it'll be too catastrophic. I'd still like some time to get a guaranteed full recovery, though.
>>
>>28684858
A few months is plenty of time to heal a concussion. If eating different is helping, then your main problem is that you are probably malnourished.
Remember to drink water too.
>>
>>28684894
I always stay hydrated but yeah I had a shitty American diet.
Although I also stopped wearing my retainer when I got the concussion and I have a theory that this slightly shifted my skull, putting pressure on the concussion. Because it was really really sensitive for a while. Simply pulling the hair that grew over it hurt my brain. I mean that's not normal, right? I apparently have low Vitamin D but I'm only 22!
>>
What in the fuck is going on here? Dude wants a soundproof NEET layer to block out the sound of his family living their life and thinks he gave himself a concussion A FEW WEEKS AGO from shaking his head so hard in emulation anime characters. All.my.wats.

First off I kind of doubt you can give yourself a concussion from shaking your head really hard. If your neck muscles are strong enough to generate enough force fast enough to cause your brain to bang against your skull, you have like the strongest neck in the world. You probably just got dizzy and gave yourself vertigo.

You have autism.
>>
File: spicy.png (170 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
spicy.png
170 KB, 640x360
>>28684974
Damn dude sounds like it was actually kind of serious for a while. Your brain was probably swollen and causing pain like that. That is common with concussions.
It doesn't matter how old you are when it comes to vitamin deficiencies, if you don't eat right you'll be malnourished. I'm 22 as well, I was really malnourished when I was 18-19 then started eating right and gained 35 lbs. I didn't realize how skinny I was and shitty I felt desu
>>
>>28684974
No, that is not how anatomy works.

Your brain doesn't have any nerves, there is no pain coming from your encephalous. Headaches are caused by pressure in your sinuses or muscle strain, not your brain being in pain.

You can't centralize a concussion based on touch or feel, your brain smacking against your skull isnt going to bruise your scalp. You need an MRI to see if any brain damage occured or if theres bleeding in your head.

Basically you didn't get a concussion. You probably strained a neck muscle.
>>
>>28685098
>Damn dude sounds like it was actually kind of serious for a while.
For the first week, it actually became kind of hard to breathe a couple times when I accidentally irritated my concussion (had a really bad habit of constantly rocking on my office chair prior to the concussion)

>Your brain was probably swollen and causing pain like that. That is common with concussions.
I see.

And yeah I'm feeling like my mood is a bit better too since I started eating better. Feels good. Should I take a multivitamin and mineral tablet too? I guess I should. I don't know why I haven't been. I've been taking fish oil and Vitamin D, though.
>>
Suckle his weewee while he drives. His man juice will cure your brain.
>>
>>28685191
>Basically you didn't get a concussion. You probably strained a neck muscle.
If this were true, I could lightly tap my skull and feel no pain, correct?
>>
File: Yukari.jpg (224 KB, 704x704) Image search: [Google]
Yukari.jpg
224 KB, 704x704
>Should I take a multivitamin and mineral tablet too?
Not really necessary desu if you are eating really good. If you're still skeptical then it wouldn't hurt. I only take a multi sometimes if I'm extra tired in the morning or something. Otherwise I just take a fish oil and a dandelion root extract tablet. Just stay away from the ones that have 1000% of your daily value of vitamins, it's unnecessary and you pee out most of it.

Basically if you eat lots of vegetables you are going to get most of your vitamins no problem. Different color vegetables have different vitamins, so it's important to eat a full color spectrum basically.
Some fags will argue that you need to eat meat to get essential vitamins, but I don't think so I only eat meat when I've been really physically active and feel amazing.
Brown rice and fruits are your friend.
>>
>>28685309
Your skull isnt going to be painful to the touch from a concussion. I have no idea what you did but its not a concussion.
>>
>>28684335
Famalamadingdong...
Ogialodn cmmosney
>>
>>28685409
>pee most of it out

That's untrue for most vitamins.
>>
>>28685569
But do you really need 1000% your daily value?
I've taken those before and feel sweaty and on edge.
>>
>>28683750
>I have a concussion.

Look up the symptoms on webmd, you probably have brain cancer.
>>
>>28685409
I see I see. I should probably order one. I've been avoiding terrible foods but my diet still isn't too varied. I'll order some dandelion root extract tablets too!

>Just stay away from the ones that have 1000% of your daily value of vitamins, it's unnecessary and you pee out most of it.
Yeah, a few weeks into my concussion I was actually eating a lot of cereal. And then my pee actually turned lime green, a supposed side effects of too many Vitamins. Partly why I didn't order a multivitamin earlier.

Anyway thanks anon! I can't wait to watch Yuyushiki!

>>28685420
Like, you said the brain can't feel pain, right? Well I'm too lazy to look that up but I don't know what else would cause pain from a tap to the skull. Not only would it cause pain, I'd probably also hallucinate for the rest of the day.

>>28685653
I developed brain cancer the moment I shook my head violently? Seems like quite a coincidence. I'll look right now though.
>>
File: sad-00032.jpg (58 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
sad-00032.jpg
58 KB, 560x560
>soundproof room
That's a terrible feel. I hear yelling all the time. At least I make enough to move out finally.
>>
>>28685685
>my pee actually turned lime green
Yep I've had that happen. I called it the nuclear pee.
Dandelion root is nice, it's supposedly good for the liver and stuff.
> I can't wait to watch Yuyushiki!
It's so cute agh! It's on youtube btw
>>
>>28684335
...why must you turn my office into a HOUSE OF LIES
>>
>>28685705
It is seriously a living hell. Every day constantly hindered by noise. I feel like I'm so far away from truly living. And even if I moved out, the non-expensive apartments here probably have thin walls so I'd probably just go from being annoyed by my family to being annoyed by my neighbors.

>>28685783
I see!

>>28685786
What?
>>
They told me anime wouldn't give me autism

This thread proves otherwise
>>
>>28685653
>>28685420
Yeah webmd doesn't say anything about physical pain from the brain.
Does the brain seriously not feel pain, though? I mean it seems like pain receptors on the brain would be very beneficial. After all, if they do exist, I am able to tell that my concussion is on the back of the right side of my brain. As a result, I sleep on my left side.
The human brain without pain receptors? Sounds absolutely incomplete. Sounds like it would be arguably the #1 thing that the human body is missing.

But even if my theory about braces majorly fucking up my skull is true, hurting my head by simply pulling my hair does seem strange. Although maybe it's just one of the body's warning systems and doesn't actually cause any damage.

Or maybe the human skull just isn't as strong as we think.

I guess I'll get an x-ray after I feel better, though.
>>
>>28685685
Ok a few things here:

A concussion can lead to headaches immediately after, and chronically if severe enough, but its not well known exactly what the headaches are from. The immediate headache is from swelling of the brain and tissue around the skull depending on the nature of the concussion (getting hit, a shockwave, sudden change of direction like a car crash etc...). The area that was hit could be tender, but in your situation you didn't hit your head or get hit, you "shook your head too hard".

You likely have caused encephalopathy, or trauma from microtrauma to brain tissue as seen in football players or even people with a chronic cough. Its not the same as a "concussion". This can cause headaches, but not pain from touch. As I said before, your brain does not have pain receptors, if someone punched your exposed brain you might feel pressure but you won't feel pain. How can an organ with no pain receptors feel pain from touch on the other side of the cranium? I can't tell you why it hurts to the touch, maybe you have sensitive skin?

As for general diet info, theres water soluble vitamins and fat soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K). Water soluble vitamins like Vitamin C or B12 will simply be expelled in the urine if you ingest more than what your body needs. This can turn your pee green as you experienced, but its otherwise mainly harmless. You can overconsume fat soluble vitamins and cause vitamin toxicity though. Its fairly hard to do it through diet alone, but very possible with multivitamins. If your diet is shit, you'll probably benefit from a multivitamin. If you eat a good balance of fruits, veggies, meats, grains, legumes etc etc... you probably don't need a multivitamin.
>>
>>28686082
Why would your brain need to feel pain? If your skull is fractured you will know it, otherwise there is nothing that will cause your brain pain or require you to be aware of it feeling pain. If the brain could feel pain or touch, you would constantly be feeling it move around in your skull and it would be annoying as fuck.

The "back right side" of your brain is your neck, you strained a neck muscle you sperg.

I have no idea what your braces and skull hypothesis is even trying to infer. Your jaw could not line up properly as in TMJ, but not wearing your retainer for a few days isn't going to cause a major shift in the bones of your skull, thats not how anatomy works.

The skull is very thick bone, its pretty fucking strong.

You need an MRI or CAT scan to see the damage of a concussion. Your brain is not visible in an x-ray, the same as how you can't see any other organs (except for foreign objects).
>>
>>28685685
As for the hallucinations, that is psychological, not physiological. Damaging brain tissue is not going to cause hallucinations, but pressure or an increase in brain activity like from a tumor could. Unless you have a brain tumor, you are experiencing the onset of schizophrenia or something.

You need to see a doctor, but not for a "concussion".
>>
>>28686111
Thanks for all the info. No reason not to take vitamins for 10 days til I have to ride in the car I think

>How can an organ with no pain receptors feel pain from touch on the other side of the cranium?
I, too, am puzzled by this, but it certainly feels like it really is coming from the other side of the cranium. (hope I don't seem like I'm arguing here. I don't care what type of brain injury I have, but I do desire to know. I would have been saying "brain injury" if it were easier to type than "concussion")
And pulling hair over the injury hurts a LOT more than pulling hair anywhere else. I am positive that I am not imagining that.

>If the brain could feel pain or touch, you would constantly be feeling it move around in your skull and it would be annoying as fuck.
What if only "bruises" on the brain can feel significant pain?

>The "back right side" of your brain is your neck, you strained a neck muscle you sperg.
I'm still really skeptical about this theory. I'm pretty sure some of the injured area is higher than any neck muscle reaches. AND I actually already drove in a car once with this concussion. I made the mistake of sitting up, rather than laying down, and it really fucked my shit up. On the flip side, I don't see how a car ride would fuck a neck muscle up.

>but not wearing your retainer for a few days isn't going to cause a major shift in the bones of your skull, thats not how anatomy works.
Yeah I guess my injury is too far away from my jaw for this to be possible, really.

>The skull is very thick bone, its pretty fucking strong.
Yeah probably.

>>28686404
Do tumors act like bruises?

I'll see a doctor though yeah. It's really mysterious.
>>
>>28686492
>AND I actually already drove in a car once with this concussion.
Got too used to saying "concussion"
Meant to type "brain injury"
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.