[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
School
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: HNI_0083_MPO.jpg (105 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0083_MPO.jpg
105 KB, 640x480
I fucked up bad, /r9k/.

>Be me
>In school, I'm in Tech Ed
>Tech Ed teacher says we need to make a 3D model with the inventor app and build it out of wood
>Challenge accepted
>Make model of a cabin, pretty decent, has a from porch and everything
>Ask my dad for help with the building part
>Dad is a bro and says yes
>We finish my cabin over the weeked, looked better than I had imagined, and I might use it for a 3D Dungeons and Dragons game
>Show it to Tech Ed teacher the following day
>He loves it
>Didn't do anything for 2 Tech Ed classes, didn't need to
>Fast foward to today
>Sitting around in Tech Ed, as usual, doing nothing
>Tech Ed teacher sees me doing nothing
>Asks me what I was doing
>I tell him that my project was finished and I had shown it to him
>He says that I had done the project wrong
>Apparently, I needed to have built my project at the school, not at my house.

I want to be fucking pissed, I spent fucking hours on that project, but at the same time, I didn't follow instructions, and there are only 2 day left that I can still do the project.

I'm fucking doomed.
>>
>dismantle project
>glue it back together in class
>>
Truly learning for life
>>
>>28682396
try to convince your teacher to give you another assignment instead, OP.

I can understand that he wouldn't want you to sit doing nothing, but it's kinda a dick move that he would make you redo the whole project.
>>
>>28682443
Honestly this would probably work.
>>
>>28682625
The teacher would just see this as a big fuck you

and he would have the chance to fuck it up and break it
>>
File: the_future_of_virtual_reality.gif (2 MB, 480x336) Image search: [Google]
the_future_of_virtual_reality.gif
2 MB, 480x336
Step 1 : Explain your circumstances. Demonstrate how you've learned the lesson the project was teaching. If you have evidence that you did work, this is golden.

Step 2 : Do not I repeat DO NOT start blaming his previous reaction.

Step 3 : Ask for an extension.

Step 4 : If you receive absolutely nothing, ask your academic adviser (a departmental adviser, not the entry-undergrad/whatever adviser) for help with your teacher. Say you misunderstood a big project and now are strapped for time, but completed it in (explain the method of how you completed it).

Step 5 : In the unlikely event you school REALLY wants you to fail, show that you are capable of making it in the school. Just start making the exact same thing. If there's no (i.e., it's physically impossible) way you'll be able to finish, you want to be able to show that you learned the lesson admirably.

Step 6 : If this doesn't work, have a serious talk with your adviser about your teacher. Explain that you did everything in your power to rectify the misunderstanding, show your work.

Step 7 : If you put in all that effort, and they don't let you pass, they don't deserve you.
>>
>>28682695
this kid is in high school anon
they don't make you do projects like this in college, also he wouldn't ask his dad for help

good advice tho
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.