[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you a psychopath? Have you ever met one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 19
File: image.gif (902 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
902 KB, 500x213
Are you a psychopath?

Have you ever met one?
>>
>>28682010
i'm either a psychopath or just extremely lonely.
>>
no but i know a sociopath
>>
>>28682081
What do you mean? By that anon?
>>
>>28682010
>Are you a psychopath?
No
>Have you ever met one?
No

all i could say that most of them knows how to hide in society that well
>>
>>28682117
What's the difference between the two?

Aren't most people sociopaths or at least some of the time?
>>
I might be a psychopath. Done a lot of really reprehensible things with minimal remorse. Some of which I don't even remember well anymore.
>>
>>28682169
Like lying often even when you don't have to?
>>
>>28682129
>/robotino9oooandone/
>>
>>28682226
not him but i lie about almost everything.
how do i fix it?
>>
>>28682226
In addition to thieving (when i was younger), infidelity, drug abuse, and a general inability to empathize. I can cry sometimes, can't stand seeing people get hurt, but i never feel bad for terrible things I have done.
>>
>>28682155
This. It's really hard to figure out who is a sociopath because they blend in with ease.
>>
>>28682415
Oh forgot to mention torturing small animals
>>
>>28682163
There is no difference in common behavioral traits between a psychopath and a sociopath, however that is debatable for some people in the APA such as sociopaths tend to be nervous or can be easily agitated, while psychopaths are collected and are manipulative.

So let's just bring it down to this: sociopaths are the spergs. But let me tell you that no psychiatric or psychologist in the modern day has sanctioned the diagnosis of psychopathy.
>>
>>28682415
>>28682624
Sounds like anti social behaviour, however you're not a sociopath.
>>
>>28682776
Can you expand upon this?
>>
>>28682751
>>28682751
People say they have no empathy

But it seems more likely to me that a pyschopath has a far better ability to empathize than the average person

How else could they blend in so well, and manipulate people so effectively?
>>
>>28682169
I can relate, the only time I feel remorse or regret from doing something wrong is when there are consequences.
>>
File: pep.png (5 KB, 610x514) Image search: [Google]
pep.png
5 KB, 610x514
why do psychopaths immediately leap to torturing small animals, why don't they become street hustlers, master thieves or take LSD or something, of all the things they could be motivated to do, why this of all things
>>
i thought i knew a sociopath when i was younger, but i was just an overexcited kid and she was just a narcissist.

i know an edgy guy who says he's diagnosed psychopathic and it sort of makes sense, but he hasn't done any crazy bullshit to me and does genuinely feel empathy and regret so he's probably only got psychopathic tendencies.

most people that are unbearable assholes i tend not to hang out with, so i probably avoid a lot of psychopaths that way. i can tell fairly well when someone's faking empathy or emotion.
>>
>>28682834
I've always thought the main difference between the 'lack of empathy' in the autistic spectrum and in sociopathy was that autistics can't easily read or interpret other people's feelings, but once they did clock that someone else felt bad they would feel bad for them, whereas sociopaths can super easily read what people are feeling, but they won't give a shit if other people feel bad because they don't have the 'mirror emotion' capacity.
>>
>>28682834
empathy is defined as prosocial behaviour (as opposed to antisocial or socially destructive), and involves actually feeling what the other person is feeling. "it makes me so sad what happened to them", "i would be so angry if someone did that to me man", etc instead of "that person is demonstrably upset because of X Y and Z, i will feign sympathy in order to gain their trust"
>>
>>28682933
because pets are easily available and vulnerable
>>
>>28682933
I've sold drugs, was ultimately arrested and went through probation. Went through an LSD phase at 18-19, stole my mom's wedding ring and pawned it for drug money. All years after torturing small animals. I hate myself. Feel like I'm starting to get a handle on things now, but it's a struggle.
>>
File: 1440281242758.png (129 KB, 828x1403) Image search: [Google]
1440281242758.png
129 KB, 828x1403
>>28682010
yes
edgeblox

I'm a very good actor and I'm not retarded and don't have sadistic urges. I'm just like a nice roman statue.
>>
>>28682990
From what I was reading a while back ASPD people can actually selectively use mirror neurons which is why they find it easy to act and fake emotions.
>>
>>28682010
I'm not, but I met a guy who had a legitimate shrine dedicated to my grill roommate. I moved out as soon as my lease was up because I didn't want to be included in his warpath
>>
>>28683011
>>28682990
Isn't it more likely that they do feel it, but just don't care?
>>
I used to be a sociopath, then I went through a phase where I did a LOT of shrooms. Now I'm just a schizoid.
>>
>>28683135
caring is the entire point of empathy. shit, emotions in general. if you say "i understand how you feel, but i don't care" it's the polar opposite of sharing emotions--which, again, the definition of empathy requires.
>>
>>28682010
I am one

been struggling with why i cant connect with anyone until i grew up faking it

It's not as cool as some edgelords make it being, i dont really mind it anyways, as someone already said im like a polite statue.
>>
>>28682834
Those people are wrong. They do have empathy, but not a conscience.
>>
>Implying half this board isn't narcissistic
>>
>>28682933
Not all sociopaths lead down to a life of killing, but if it comes down to it then there is no stopping them.
>>
File: 1429247069207.jpg (127 KB, 799x387) Image search: [Google]
1429247069207.jpg
127 KB, 799x387
>>28683477
sociopathy=/=narcissim
Why would people without feelings have delusions of grandeur you idiot?
>>
>>28682933
Psychopaths are sick
Sociopaths become thieves, hustlers, and CEOs
>>
>>28683477
kek is narcissism a pre-req for psychopathy?
>>
File: 1453687272174.jpg (18 KB, 680x366) Image search: [Google]
1453687272174.jpg
18 KB, 680x366
>>28683516
Psychopaths are objective and good leaders
Sociopaths become good thieves if they aren't dumb, successful hustlers, and CEOs
>>
>>28682010
>are you a sociopath
Maybe, I don't know
>have you ever met one?
This guy I slept with one time, possibly

I've done a lot of bad shit in my life and I don't care to change the things that I've done since they've benefitted me in some way. I started using hard drugs at age 15 and ran away from home around the same time. Well, my life was fine then, I just hated authority and wanted to get away from it for a while since I was always involved with court. I didn't feel bad about leaving my mom worried as fuck for 6 months. I was happy that my charges were for some reason dropped when I got back home. I have trouble empathizing with other people, I really do. But I can understand why people feel certain ways, I just can't really picture how I would feel in their shoes. You know? I do get sad sometimes if it's about me and I wish I could just let go and cry a goddamn river, because it might be I've bottled so much in over the years
I don't know
>>
Sociopath is a meme. It's not real
>>
>>28683708
You're a meme, you're not real.
>>
I got to be good friends with a sociopath/pychopath type of guy during my senior year of high school. Let me tell you about this fucking guy.

He was an obvious example of a chad. He was ripped as fuck and had a 10/10 face. Looked like a male model. He could tell obviously fake sex stories without having to make anything up, because he literally fucked at least one new girl a week, it was ridiculous. And of course, he was a huge asshole to everyone except a few people (thus why I was friends with him, he was oddly nice to me)

Here's the thing, he was not your usual normie: He was into weird shit. He browsed 4chan, his hero was Hitler, he believed in the master race (he was blue-eyed and blonde), and though he called himself an Athiest, his philosophy revolved around a social definiton of entropy (so basically just non-thermodynamic disorder). He liked to stir up shit, no matter how big or small, and he believed that any action was neither good nor evil, just either high or low in entropy. So he lived purely for fucking with other people, hence why he was such an asshole to people, especially strangers.

(1/2)
>>
>>28683636
You're very wrong. Psychopaths don't know right from wrong
There's no such thing as high living, functioning psychopaths in society. They're all in prison
>>
>>28682624
>>28682776
How fucked am I if I masturbate to torturing animals?
>>
>>28683770

The reason I say he is a socio/psycho is because he situationally acted like one. He had that look in his eye when he was angry, you know the one. When someone pissed him off he would always give them that stare and wouldn't blink. When he flirted with a girl and she did anything but immediately ask him to fuck, he would give them that stare and get more demanding, which I assume is why he got laid so often, aside from his looks. It probably scared the shit out of them.

He would also sometimes say really unnecessary autistic shit and get away with it. He once told a hot teacher that they were both old enough to get married. At first, everyone laughed, but he gave her that stare and acted like he was serious or something. Sometimes it's just brutal honesty. If he heard some chick whining about her bf that broke up with her he'd be the one to yell in her face "YOU'RE A WHORE" and then he'd probably fuck her.

I could easily see this guy raping and murdering in the future, if not already. I'm glad I was friends with him (he had tons of friends by the way, he wasn't universally hated), I got to see what he was like. The thing is, I could see any robot doing this shit minus the sex, but it's interesting to see a successful chad type of guy be this crazy. He's gonna be a cocaine-addicted CEO if he's not in prison by then.

(2/2)
>>
>>28683780
>Getting put in jail has everything to do with being right or wrong and has nothing to do with unnecessary risk / stupidity

You know how I know you're a highschooler?
>>
>>28683516
Le evil CEO maymay
Fuck off poorfag. Just because you don't understand capitalism and lack a good job doesn't mean they're sociopaths.
Typical low-class libtard.
>>
>>28683477
Narcissism is the disease of Gods!
You're not a Psychopath, but if someone gets infant of what you want, what you deserve, you can become one.
Instead of due to being abused too much, you become one because you were loved too much.

I can't find a single downside for the disorder.
>>
>>28683802
sounds autistic, you said he was awkward as fuck, but still got laid. Maybe Bi-Polar or Asperger's.
>>
>>28683787
Still sounds like antisocial behavior.
>>
>>28682010
I've met a real sociopath. She pretended to be a really bubbly individual, but slowly everyone around her had their lives turned to crap. She was able to wrap dudes around her finger, break them down emotionally, and end them. It was a little terrifying.
>>
>>28683840
I didn't say sociopaths were evil
>>
i cant tell if im a sociopath or just have autism. everything i do is a self-serving manipulation in some way. i dont empathize with other people except in very extreme situations. i dont understand the inability to turn on and off emotions. they are never involuntary for me, always just learned behaviors. i dont have any fetishes that would be considered psychopathic, im just massive voyeur.
>>
>>28683820
Sociopaths know better. You think some of our high ranking leaders are going to take unnecessary risks if they aren't beneficial and they know there's a high chance they'll get caught? Learn the difference between psychopath and sociopath
>>
>>28683966
>Learn the difference between psychopath and sociopath
A P A says you're memeing the A S P D you F A G
>>
>>28683780
On the contrary, psychopaths know a lot about right or wrong but it doesn't matter to them -- they simply cannot care to do so.
>>
>>28682804
you are able to feel empathy, sociopaths and psychopaths can not.
>>
>>28683902
did her name start with a K?
>>
>>28683681
i dont think so, youre deeply disturbed and should get a therapist but youre not that cold blooded.
>>
Never felt bad about anything, screwed people over in the past, manipulate when necessary. I'm not gonna take huge risks since I've learned from consequences, but I'd do anything if I knew I could get away with it

I can lust and have romantic feelings, so I don't think I'm a sociopath. I don't know what I am. Maybe a schizoid?
>>
>>28684022
Not, true. A psychopath's empathy can be turned off and on; a sociopath usually has been abused/neglected throughout life and, whilst still having empathy, even if reduced, rationalizes that the world doesn't deserve any empathy from him or her.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-empathic-brain/201307/inside-the-mind-psychopath-empathic-not-always
>>
File: hugh-grant-monsanto.jpg (25 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
hugh-grant-monsanto.jpg
25 KB, 600x400
if this guy aint a sociopath i dont know who is, just look him in the eyes.
>>
>>28683770
>>28683802
cann you expand on the "entropy" worldview? sounds a bit weird to me to use a thermodynamic measurement. I dont really know much about entropy though just the basics.
>>
File: epper.jpg (22 KB, 433x340) Image search: [Google]
epper.jpg
22 KB, 433x340
i started drinking and smoking at age 11
when i was younger i tortured animals (killed baby frogs, captured birds, snails, cats, killed a hedgehog by pressing a fork through it, kicked dogs with my legs and even a knife once, strangled chickens, the list goes on)
i'd say i'm a pretty good manipulator/faker too, although i've been trying to work on this trait
i once had my girlfriend cry, drool and gasp in my face about how miserable she was and how she wanted to die, i barely reacted, just blankly staring at her, being slightly annoyed over her fuss i suppose
even out of pure crippling desperation i don't cry, i would say i am passively apathetic and agressive
>>
>>28684329
Is your name Aaron Gilger?
>>
>>28684329
>when i was younger i tortured animals (killed baby frogs, captured birds, snails, cats, killed a hedgehog by pressing a fork through it, kicked dogs with my legs and even a knife once, strangled chickens, the list goes on)

Literally why, it serves no purpose. Fucking retarded sadist.
>>
>>28684340
>>28684358
my name is not aaron gilger

and i did that back when i was 4-5 so i did not have any developed morals yet, looking back though, i can't say i feel any guilt
maybe i've just pressed it down and shut it out
>>
>>28684383
>my name is not aaron gilger

shit man had to check

have a nice day etc
>>
>>28684329
doesnt get any more sociopath than this
>>
Sociopathy is a bullshit normie meme, doesn't mean jack shit
>>
>>28684358
There's literally nothing wrong with sadism if there is no afterlife and our existence is inconsequential and meaningless
>>
File: 1377482340275.jpg (19 KB, 427x245) Image search: [Google]
1377482340275.jpg
19 KB, 427x245
>>28684383
>4-5
wtf dude how is that possible
>>
>>28684397
No but if you get pleasure from it you are mentally ill in a different way from psychopathy. Sounds like he was just a dumb kid.
>>
>>28684287
First of all, entropy in thermodynamics is basically disorder, and according to the second law of thermo, it is only increased. I guess he really liked this idea and what it means for the fate of the universe (eventually energy density becomes constant, and the heat death of the universe happens, meaning nothing at all matters eventually no matter what).

It's hard to explain the way he saw it "socially". To him, all that mattered was entropy. When someone invited him to a party or something, the low entropy option was "no thanks, im gonna stay home and play video games" or something really boring/predictable. He always picked the high entropy option, which was to drop whatever he was doing and make those plans at the last second. And then when he got to that hypothetical party, he'd do what ever he could to stir up shit, whether it was obvious he was doing it or not. He'd do some shit like start a fire or just call the cops just for the fuck of it. I think it just comes down to he just wanted to see the world burn really.
>>
>>28684519
So basically he was just bullshitting himself and came up with that excuse to rationalize his impulsivity
>>
>>28684568
Yeah, but I think he really believed in it all. So yeah he tricked himself into believing it if anything.
>>
>>28682010
>Are you a psychopath?
Probably not. Although I lack the capacity for empathy, I am usually rather honest and rarely manipulate people.
>Have you ever met one?
At least one, yes. Back in high school, I was in marching band and a couple other classes with a certain person. One day, he approached me and asked if I was a psychopath (to which I responded with "yes" because I was an ignorant teenager), at which point he admitted to being diagnosed with ASPD. While he could have been lying to me, his claim definitely seemed to be congruent with his personality and behavior; he was a very manipulative, charismatic, two-faced, promiscuous person. In an attempt to manipulate someone into sleeping with him, he once went so far as to claim that he had an older brother that just died in the military just so she'd pity him. Another notable thing would be how differently he behaved in front of separate people; he'd present himself in whatever manner was the most appealing to the person he was interacting with at any given time. Despite all that, I liked him well enough; his actions don't seem reprehensible to me, and he treated me well enough.
>>
Sociopathy is really a spectrum. Some people really don't feel anything, while some feel muted emotions, etc.
I'm on the less severe end of the antisocial spectrum though:
>I'm a pathological liar
>Bullshit my way through everything
>Manipulate and set up situations unconsciously - almost anything I do turns in my favor
>Only partially desensitized
>act jocund unconditionally to subvert people
>shameless
>nothin personnel kid
>two-faced
>charismatic
However unlike others I'm not as prone to agression. I can see the big picture.
I may lack most empathy and morals, but I can understand why you don't fucking leap out and murder someone.
>>
>>28684734
Besides possible repercussions, why?
>>
>>28682010
I am a psychopath. If you have any questions ask ahead. I've spoken to my friends a lot about what I 'feel' and how I interpret it
>>
>>28683845
Your ego is easily shattered, for starters. The unwarranted sense of superiority with the knowledge that you're not really superior. The self-absorption. The poorly veiled, instinctive manipulation. Feeling entitled to special treatment and feeling crushed without it. It's like a special, special type of retardation.

I wish I had the proper words, it's a special type of retardation. Though I've come to the realization I am one I fear being branded as such, they get more than a bad rhap.
>>
>>28682010
I've met tons of them, in our modern society that's basically the default state for people
>>
http://personality-testing.info/tests/LSRP.phpLSRP.php
Im 3.9 primary and 2.1 secondary
>>
>>28684789
Possible repercussions.
With today's technology it's getting harder and harder to subvert the law. And considering how much you can do inside the law it's better to just not break it.

Plus I'm not that quick to aggression. If someone insults me I won't set up some meticulous plan to ruin their life. It's too much effort wasted on a frivolous task.
Live and let live.
>>
>>28684904
I'm the guy who said I'd answer any questions. I got 4.3 primary and 3.5 secondary.
>>
3.9 an 3.1.
As I said, I'm relatively low on the scale.
>>
>>28685100
That's relatively high compared to the levels normal people are at
>>
perhaps, nothing has ever been confirmed. i guess i lean to the sociopathic side though. i have a genuine lack of all empathy and general loathing of all people. i also tend to act very impulsive and my moods vary rapidly to all extremes, it is pretty inconvenient times.
>>
>>28684383
A case of primal instinct.
>>
>>28685126
>normal people
Oh, I meant compared to other socio/psychopaths
>>
>>28684813
Any words for those that are uncertain whether or not they actually are a psychopath?
>>
>>28682010
I worked with someone who was at least borderline psychopath. He outright admitted that he didn't feel emotions and the only reason he didn't run around fucking everything in sight was fear of prison (he was a manlet).

After he said that I straight up asked him if he visited 4chan.
>>
Not a psychopath. but extremely low levels of empathy due to emotional neglect as a child.
>>
>>28682010
hold up, you're telling me ppl you work with are terribly important to you?

nigga plz
>>
>>28682010
No I just have aspergers

most people here are probably autistic, if they were psychopaths they would be successful
>>
>>28682010

Sometimes I suspect I'm a sociopath, but either way I accept that it doesn't really matter. I was a notorious liar as a child, but by adolescence I became pretty good at it.

As an adult, most people think of me as charismatic (if a little arrogant) yet dependable and intelligent. This isn't something I've developed, but instead a personality I've adopted because it makes my life easier.
>>
File: wish.png (586 KB, 720x719) Image search: [Google]
wish.png
586 KB, 720x719
>>28682010
>Are you a psychopath?
No
>Have you ever met one?
Yes. He was not very smart, sort of charismatic I guess, but not nearly as charismatic as he thought he was. Very transparent. He was also extremely aggressive and violent. Constantly in and out of jail, seriously i'm not even sure why they let him out after he had been arrested so many times. I used to chill at his house and smoke weed, but he was pretty dangerous to be around. He liked me because I had a really passive personality. He tried to get at people and push their boundaries and when they said anything back he would escalate to fighting. He told me about this girl he was gonna rape. I guess I didn't realize he was serious, because he actually raped her. Interesting guy, but not worth being around, he got me in trouble with police and security constantly, almost got me arrested once, was really hard to deal with because he was so aggressive, his idea of fun was just walking around harassing people and starting fights. That was kind of funny at time, like once we were at a mall and he would go up to chicks shopping and start breathing down their neck, or following them around and just staring at them, or the one time he told this ugly wrinkled 40ish soccer mom that he wanted to fuck her. She got super fucking flustered and couldn't even say anything. A few minutes later she had actually gone out of her way to find us again to tell him how offended she was and how dare he say such awful things. He just told her she should take a compliment and quit being a bitch, and be happy if anyone would be willing to fuck her. Her reaction was pretty fucking great, she was stuttering trying to get words out. Also you could tell she was secretly enjoying having this little bit of excitement in her life.

He was fun to be around sometimes. Also one time we ate shrooms together and he went off about how he was gaining super powers and shit.
>>
File: Spooky_5fbcaf_5684103.jpg (88 KB, 780x805) Image search: [Google]
Spooky_5fbcaf_5684103.jpg
88 KB, 780x805
I love being a psychopath. I had fMRI scans about 2 years ago. My amygdala, insula, and cingulate cortex all work less than average. I had a hobby of killing small animals and de-skinning salamanders. I don't know why alot of psychopaths do this. Proabbly because we know it's easy to get away with compared to harming a human.
>Pic related
>>
File: leedgy.jpg (87 KB, 528x742) Image search: [Google]
leedgy.jpg
87 KB, 528x742
I'm a psychopath but I'm kind of a mild one. It's offset by lighter personality characteristics. I mostly get off to manipulation and fighting. I get it from my grandpas side who was an alcoholic irish boxer that beat his wife.
>>
ITT: Everyone is an edgy master sociopath. The idea of the "sociopath" is definitely one of the most annoying memes. Psychopaths exist, ASPD is real. Manipulating people socially or being able to hurt other people without feeling remorse isn't some sort of unique trait, its normal human nature. You're not special.

Psychopaths are just dumb and violent and lack impulse control, and do a lot of stupid violent crimes as a result.
>>
>>28687757
Only the dumb psychopaths end up in jail. The smart ones are people like donald trump and steve jobs. They are abusive but they keep it legal.
>>
I have two personalities...
>>
>Are you a psychopath?

Not really. Psychopathy is more of a spectrum than an on-off thing. Pretty much everyone has some psychopathic traits.

But I'm a fairly empathetic person most of the time. I just have a bad temper.

>Have you ever met one?

Not just one; lots.
>>
>>28682010
Daily reminder that if you are not 100% certain of your own psychopathy, you are not a psychopath.
>>
>>28687684
For fuck sakes, you're either one or aren't one. This isn't a fucking game.
>>
>>28688189
>>28688207
Could you describe in detail the traits required to be a psychopath? Perhaps that would end some people's confusion.
>>
File: zezinho.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
zezinho.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>28682010
I killed and tortured animals in the past, but I stopped before getting to humans. I met this crazy maniac who liked CP and killed a lot of people.
>>
>>28688207

>For fuck sakes, you're either one or aren't one.

It's really not that simple actually. It's more of a spectrum than an on-off thing.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomchivers/where-are-you-on-the-psychopathy-spectrum?utm_term=.ebLon484l#.nivgxqYq5

Some people are very empathetic. Others are very psychopathic. Most people fall in between.
>>
>>28688285
>Buzzfeed
anon desu senpai ily but pls no
>>
>>28683135
Is that not everyone? We know, we understand very acutely all sides for being so detached that we're not caught up in having "our side" but we are simply not affected by any plight, despite full understanding. I think this is the best position to have as it gives you a clear view of all angles.
>>
>>28688207
>guys listen to me I'm a neckbeard expert on the internet throwing an autism tantrum
>>
yeah i think i know one and was going to share the story but i figure he might be here and end up doing something fucked
>>
>>28688285
>buzzfeed
>serious journalism site that will properly diagnose psychopathy
>>
File: psychopath.png (55 KB, 1249x573) Image search: [Google]
psychopath.png
55 KB, 1249x573
>>28688207
>>28688301
>>28688394
Alright you fucking mouth breathers this is all it takes to be a psychopath. If you are checking everything off this list then you are most likely a psychopath. You don't need to be ted bundy or an animal torturer.
>>
File: after crazy sand nigger.jpg (66 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
after crazy sand nigger.jpg
66 KB, 720x960
>on an old forum
>met this Egyptian guy who claimed he has killed 10 people
>asked for proof
>tells me that he takes photos but won't share them with a stranger
>keep pestering him
>finally he gives me something
>sends me pic related
>some birds he caught, tortured and dismembered
>tells me he likes hurting birds because he's jealous of them
He also told me that collects ears, and that he's occasionally snuck into morgues and stolen body parts.
>>
Never met a psychopath.

I do know that sociopath and narcissist are two of the most overused words in our shit tier modern self diagnosing Internet society.

Basically, any time some roastie or beta cuck had shitty parents or meets someone who they don't like for taking advantage of them, they label them as a narcissist or sociopath. Even worse, anytime someone feels like they're sick of human beings doing basic, annoying human being shit, they call themselves a sociopath to feel edgy. It's fucking pathetic.

Not everyone is a goddamn supervillian with some major personality disorder. It's all attention whoring and drama queen bullshit. Most people are just ordinary shitty human beings with their good parts and their bad.
>>
>>28684856
This is all correct. I've been reading Malignant Self Love by Sam Vaknin and it basically all applies to me. I've tried so hard to develop empathy because I've been so desperate for someone to love me. But I can't trust anybody and with such a high entitlement any slight I perceive resounds within me and I get angry pretty easily. I end up pushing people away because of it, ironically. I hate it, but there's no real way to change it. When I get really angry and heartbroken from betrayal I have mini-psychotic episodes where I all I can think about is killing.

My only hope in life is that I find a girl that's broken and dependent enough that I can completely control her. In the book he talks about Inverted Narcissists that can only be in relationships with Narcissists. Where the hell do I find someone like that though?
>>
I know a little about psychopaths.
>A psychopath will feign empathy to appear empathetic and caring to others tas a means of appearing normal and functional.
>A psychopath is a compulsive liar in most situations and interactions.
>Lastly, a psychopath is apathetic to the point where they could kill someone on Friday and go to an amusement park with their family on Saturday.
There is no guilt, moral compass, or desire except for survival (which most lose in adulthood).
>>
>>28684904
4.8 / 3.4
also diagnosed when i was a teenager
>>
>>28687757
>>28683708
>>28684396
this
>>28688207
bullshit, if you buy into psych at all you're doing it wrong
>>
>>28688606
Kek. I read pile that pile of shit too.

It's a good read, and the author may actually be a narcissist himself. But if he was, wouldn't it then be a logical conclusion that he would write a book that casts as wide a net as possible, and fill his book with convincing junk science to convince as many gullible idiots as possible that they or the people they hate have the condition too?

It'd be quite the rush of narcissistic supply to know you just fleeced a bunch of self diagnosing idiots and made a killing financially. It reads like astrology. Vague as fuck and full of pseudo science to make morons feel smart and incisive.

Sounds like a great way to maximize profit. It's a great idea to sell millions of copies and bilk idiots out of their money. Seems to have worked perfectly.
>>
>>28682226
That's a pathological liar. Very different, senpai
>>
I feel like I should have been one but the 'ol Irish Catholic upbringing repressed it.

It leaks though the cracks every now and again, I constantly manipulate and lie and love to fuck with people. I'm narcissistic as hell; I'm 6'3, relaly good looking - so many people have said so, even men that it's not just my Narcissism telling me so - and very good at glib and charming people and no matter how much I seem to fuck off friends, THEY come back to me and have been doing so for years, it's an endless cycle.

I constantly repress feelings of rage and I feel it all the time, partly at peoples stupidity, party at not having power or control over something.

See it's a spectrum, not a clear cut thing. Supposedly wetting the bed, arson and animal abuse are three things psychopaths have or had a penchant for and I can attest to two of them - I pissed the bed right up until just before my teens and come from an abusive, loveless background.

I can't help but feel though as if there's a really good and nice person behind me, poking through and I can definitely feel them there but often his shouts are drowned out. I wish I was full on empathy-less though. I find it annoying and intrusive.

I'm not going to venture putting a name to it but there's something with me that's not right.

It's important to note, that psychopaths/sociopaths supposedly have a shark gaze when relaxed and unaware and for a lot of my life, people think I'm angry or intense looking. I counted these observations from people and in one night it came to seven people remarking on my gaze. My own friend said I'm kinda' scary looking last week, partially due to height and gaze and partially because he's seen me snap... and yet he comes back like the rest of them.

Video games, the catholic church and being a weakling a a kid have staved off this thing and it could have been far worse now; however as I grow older I feel it rear it's head more and more.
>>
>>28689187
Remember even Richard 'The Iceman' kuklinksi cried for his family and how he failed them and that motherfucker watched men being eaten alive by rats and sharks and killed people for sport and felt nothing.

It is, as you say, a spectrum.
>>
File: psychopathydopamine.png (63 KB, 632x862) Image search: [Google]
psychopathydopamine.png
63 KB, 632x862
Who /fucked up dopamine receptors/ here?
>>
>>28688953
I don't believe so. All I have to do is look at the dysfunction of my life and relate it to the book to see how fucked up I am. The evidence is already there, paying $8 to read it on kindle or not. Seriously, it's really not that vague. I can't make any friends and any girls I have happened to seduce somehow have always noticed these patterns in me and been disgusted. I'm paranoid and have delusions of grandiosity. All the DSM signs are there. What's junk science about having a fucking mental illness?
>>
>>28683780
Actually you would be surprised at how psychopaths can and do thrive in a corporate environment.
>>
>>28683787
You're completely fucked. Kill yourself my man, Id end you myself if you wanted
>>
>>28689377
Exactly. Business is a psychopath's playground. Doing that exploitive stuff like those pharma companies and comcast is a psychopath's bread and butter. I would love to sell some cancer drug to dying kids and jack up the price. It's like monetizing people's lives. Anything that dehumanizes people like that is great to me.
>>
i cheated on my girlfriend of 4 years with a lot of girls and some of the girls actually thought i was their boyfriend and id never say no i wasnt but i wouldnt call them anything of mine.
she found out and sits there and cries and i know her heart is broken but i dont feel anything for what ive done. I'm completely numb inside when shes upset, she claims i dont love her how much she loves me and i think thats true.

I just had her bawling her eyes out cause we're broken up and I still go over to her place and act all lovey dovey and have sex but im talking to a lot of girls online and didnt tell her.

>people tell me its okay to not feel any empathy for anyone
>maybe youre just emotionally exhausted
>gave ex ptsd with my constant lying and manipulation
>completely numb

im seeing a psychriatrict soon but i dont think im a sociopath, probably narc if anything.
>>
>>28689345
I see where you're coming from, and when I first read it I felt the same as you do now.

The thing is, narcissism isn't a mental illness. It's a personality disorder, and that's a big diffence. He's basically telling people that if you fit this extremely broad criteria that he sets out, modern psychology can't help you, and only he has the answers. It gives you a pseudo diagnosis that he made up within his broad parameters strips you of agency and makes you fix yourself in this limited box that only his techniques can help you out of. It's pure snake oil.
>>
>>28689489
You're just an asshole. No fancy labels needed. Not a "narcissist" or "sociopath" just an asshole. No fancy therapy or diagnosis needed. Just try your best to stop being an asshole. It's not that complicated.
>>
>>28682010
One interesting aspect of capitalism is that it is the only economic system that minimises the harmful effects of psychopaths, since it lays out a path for a person to achieve as much as they like without violence.

Since psychopaths will always exist, this is actually a very good argument for capitalism.
>>
>>28689452
>Anything that dehumanizes people like that is great to me.
This is where you gave away that you're just edgy.

Dehumanising people isn't "great" to a psychopath. That's just an irrelevant concept.
>>
>>28689771
Yep. Psychopaths are good at getting what they want so you might as well let them get what they want for mutual benefit rather than letting them do damage against you.
>>
>>28689803
Nope you are just an autist over focusing on details.
>>
>>28682010
Yes I'm a psychopath. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go return some video tapes.
>>
>>28682010
No.

Idk

If I was forced into certain circumstance I'd probably act psychopathic.
>>
>>28684904
5 primary, 2.8 secondary. whatever
>>
I got so good at social skills one of my coworkers pretty much thinks I'm one

I'm probably just really narcissistic but my vast intelligence and social/psychological awareness allows me to minimize it as much as possible and use it for maximum social constructivity

Once I'm 100% sure all my social skills are on point, someday hopefully within five years, I'm gonna email this broad with antisocial personality disorder and see if having to deal with an actual sociopath will finally provide me with a fucking challenge!

my definition of the difference, btw: sociopaths are either brain-damaged (think post-accident Phineas Gage) or the ASPD/NPD kind whereas psychopaths are, well, psycho
>>
>>28682010
99% of people who say they are a psychopath are not. That includes every 14 year old kid in this thread who thinks its cool and edgy to be a 'twisted fucking psychopath' but only mentions it casually and pretends to brush it off like 'yeah, but its no big deal man' knowing full well it will get them the (You)'s they crave.

A real psychopath wouldn't have anything to gain by telling people they're psychopathic, so why would they.

A real psychopath wouldn't have any desire or need to be a special snowflake but telling people they're psychopathic.

An actual psychopath most likely won't believe they are a psychopath, or rather won't believe that psychopathy is actually a thing but just a name scientists gave to people jealous of their own abilities to be objective and manipulative.

Then there are the people who say they are sociopathic because they went on r/watchpeopledie and watch gore videos, thinking that the definition is loose enough that anybody who's taboo qualifies as sociopathic. You're most likely... MOST likely not a special snowflake. You can pretend to be and act like what you think a psychopath or sociopath is, but that doesn't make you one and you'll see that after a few weeks you'll get bored, stop, then realize you're a regular jack-off dildo.

>>28683780
>No such thing as high functioning psychopaths, all in prison
I'll take the bait and add to the (You)'s so I can feel good that I watched a BBC documentary or something.

Psychopaths tend to do well in high corporate positions, the military, and to some people's surprise, special forces especially. The reason is that for at least corporate positions and special forces and things similar to that, the traits that psychopaths tend to have are the traits that these positions want. They want cold, calculating machines that will do what it takes regardless of people's feelings so long as they get what they want, which they get (at least in the short term) by doing what they're supposed to.
>>
>>28689873

No he's right, you're just enamored with mental illness because you loathe yourself. That would only be enjoyable to a true psycho because it provides them with a lot of power and money, there isn't an inherent thrill in lawbreaking
>>
>>28690006
I mean't: ...gave to people because they're jealous of blah blah blah..
>>
>>28684629
>Another notable thing would be how differently he behaved in front of separate people; he'd present himself in whatever manner was the most appealing to the person he was interacting with at any given time.

I'm pretty sure everyone does that.
>>
File: h66h666.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
h66h666.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>>28690006
>neckbeards on the internet telling psychopaths how they should behave
>REAL OG PSYCHOPATHS DO THIS WAH WAH
>PSYCHOPATHS DON'T KNOW THEY ARE PSYCHOPATHS
>ONLY THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS HIGHEST IQ PEOPLE ARE PSYCHOPATHS

seriously kill yourself
>>
File: 1462233244942.jpg (83 KB, 561x544) Image search: [Google]
1462233244942.jpg
83 KB, 561x544
>>28689319
I can attest to this, I fucking love speed so much and it makes me feel a little bit more normal.
>>
>>28682010
Just look for the exact opposite of a psychopath and you will see a psychopath standing right next to them.
>>
>>28690024
>more neckbeards on the internet telling a psychopath how he should beheave

kill yourself too
>>
>>28690094

What, are you offended enough by my post to tell me to kill myself? That's not supposed to mean anything to you. I'm just a neckbeard who has the wrong idea about how you should behave so why are you, a hollow animal incapable of insult, reacting?
>>
>>28690136
shut up faggot you have a potato for a brain
>>
>>28690060
Come on buddy... Everyone loves speed. That's why it's fucking illegal. If no one wanted to do it, there wouldn't be a law against it.
>>
>>28690203

lmfao, now everybody in this thread knows you're just a retarded edgy teen. you should do yourself a favor and leave
>>
>>28682751
>I Wikipedia'd dis stuff lolz

Sociopathy is a personality disorder, psychopathy is a neurological disorder.

A sociopath is raised, a psychopath is born.

Learn to intro to psychology faget.
>>
File: ron-jeremy.jpg (22 KB, 460x302) Image search: [Google]
ron-jeremy.jpg
22 KB, 460x302
>>28690055
Where did you get
>only the highest IQ people are psychopaths
?
I didn't say that.

>psychopaths don't know they are psychopaths
never said that m8. I said they likely won't acknowledge it.

>telling psychopaths how they should behave
>real OG psychopaths do _______
You seem to have the impression that the definition of psychopathy is much looser than it is and that any tendencies that dismiss you as a psychopath aren't true because it would take away ur special feeling.

>seriously kill yourself
maybe
>>
>>28690218
It's more about feeling more normal on it.
>>
>>28689452
Fucking cringed so hard, holy shit. Go to bed pussy. Don't you have school tomorrow?
>>
>>28690074
This is spooky cool.
>>
>>28690221
>numerous recourses say psychopaths are thrill seakers
>neckbeard comes along and says psychopaths don't enjoy law breaking

Good job retard just how mentally deficient are you? Can you tie your shoes by yourself? You are clearly just triggered by the fact psychopaths exist.
>>
>>28690251
That's what it does to everyone. Cocaine too. Amphetamines are popular because they make people feel like they think they're supposed to feel.
>>
>>28690221
Well, I knew he was an edgy teen before that, but thanks for making it obvious for everyone anon. Good work ; )
>>
File: 1410927894929.jpg (15 KB, 418x398) Image search: [Google]
1410927894929.jpg
15 KB, 418x398
>>28690313
k

pyschoblox
>>
>>28690236
shut up faggot you are in the retarded category with the other guy

>>28690253
>oh no psychopaths exist and do this kind of stuff every day

more triggered neckbeards
>>
>>28690310

There's thrill-seeking because normal human activities don't provide adequate stimulation, and then there's deliberately going out of your own way to screw over kids with cancer drug prices because of some horrific, cursed, withered part of you inside that would possess you to do that

Of course a psycho will do it. But they won't want to do it, or notwant to. If it falls on their lap and makes em bank, they'll do it. You know, do something that isn't "insecurely responding to somebody threatening them over an anonymous imageboard"
>>
>>28690405
Didn't read. Shut up retard.
>>
>>28690449
quality bantz 5/6
>>
>>28690449

Haha, oh my god, I really don't think he actually read it. What a stupid kid, he should go to sleep already
>>
>>28682010
yes i am one. i am not proud of it but at the same time i am. some of my proudest memories are of tricking women into doing shit they didn't want to do. they did it though. i never forced them to, so they must have wanted to do it anyway. women are sluts.
>>
>>28690400
well that's just mean
>>
>>28684904
3.2/3.3

eh, it's okay I guess
>>
I declare this thread slain
>>
No, but i did know one when i was little. He was a kid in my neighborhood that i would hangout with when i was 8-9. He manipulated me to keep being his friend often. He would take stray cats and dissect them and after he would always smoke half of one of his dads cigs. One day he was showing me how sharp his knife was and cut himself, i started crying and he comforted me by saying he enjoyed it and showing me his dick.
>>
>>28683924
You just put that guy on suicide watch good job. I hate those fuckers that try to do cheap baiting like that
>>
>>28688252
>I met this crazy maniac who liked CP and killed a lot of people.
Go on....
>>
I have some traits. I don't genuinely feel emotions and usually have to pretend to feel happy or sad or whatever. I remember not crying when I saw my grandma dying in the hospital when I was 19 and my dad thought I just internalized. I really had no reaction. I had a girl ask me when I was around 13 why I don't ever react to anything. I didn't know back then but I do now
>>
>>28688233
>inability to complete tasks and goals once started
>lack of effort and motivation which some confuse with lack of ambition

These two down sides are why most psychopaths are in prison. A hardworking psychopath is an anomaly since their dopamine receptors don't process success in the same way.

To achieve their goal, psychopaths have to resort to manipulation and crime.
>>
>>28682010
Yes, I've met a low IQ psychopath. The most insanely devious human being I hope to ever meet. Would lie CONSTANTLY and had a huge compulsion towards stealing and hijinks. It's truly terrifying what a high IQ psychopath would be like - they must be unstoppable.
>>
In high school I wasn't a very popular guy. Most people didn't have too much of a problem with me, but there'd always be a few idiots looking to harass me for being different. Wasn't a good idea, because at 6'4 I was a big guy for you.

Anyway, one day during weightlifting class this one sonuvabitch grabs my balls. He was a typical douchebag redneck chad and was trying to freak me out and elicit some cheap laughs. I went nuclear, punched him in the face immediately breaking his nose and when he went down I kicked him in the ribs a few times and broke a couple of those. The police were called and I was sent home and suspended, but not arrested yet because they had to figure out if the response was warranted.

After a few days I'm allowed to come back and everything's dropped. All the facaulty and police pretend like it never happened. Soon after I'm told by classmates that the police went to the guy's house to talk to him about pressing charges, where they found that he and is father had both been molesting and raping his little sister. Obviously they didn't catch anyone in the act, but something must've happened because they launched an investigation and as far as I know, they're both still in jail. Was treated alot better after that.

So yeah, I guess I knew a psychopath.
>>
>cut up a frog when I was a kid
>mom catches me
>"w-what are you doing"
>I'm just seeing how he works, I'll put him together when I'm done and he'll be all better again
>"sweetie no he won't...."

I cried for days when I realized what I'd done. Never had it in me.
>>
>>28692314
>killed a frog
>cried for days

You're not a sociopath or a psychopath, just a faggot.
>>
I'm a sociopath. I grew up without my Mother and from what I know about her, she was one too.

To make something clear, most people have some of the traits to varying degrees but what constitutes sociopathy is the combination of most of them and their manifestation in your behaviour.

I was in and out of juvi through my teen years for vandalism, continual disobedience and assaulting my Chem teacher (20 now, no convictions) and suspended from school obviously.

I think what differentiates a sociopath from a psychopath is that I didn't do those things because I can't control my urges, or even because of the pleasure. I enjoyed the aftermath and the attention, I was a good student doing bursary and Uni papers at Year 12. Mandatory counciling was great, I'd usually get a female. I could tell how interested they were with me.

The reason I act the way I do is usually for attention. In particular I like to get close with a girl and abuse her friends so they hate me. That way I know she'll be thinking about me a lot because her friends will be telling her to get rid of me.
>>
>>28682010
>Are you a psychopath?
No.

>Have you ever met one?
Yes, probably two. Certainly one. At least these are the ones I remember.
>>
I know a guy I am pretty sure is a psychopath. He is really charming and all that, but sometimes he slips out comments that are seriously creepy.

Quite sure he will either end being a successful boss somewhere or a serial killer
>>
>>28684904
4.9 and a 3.7 but I could have told you that already.
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.