[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I went to bed early last night so that I could wake up at 6AM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1392850261925.png (83 KB, 790x773) Image search: [Google]
1392850261925.png
83 KB, 790x773
I went to bed early last night so that I could wake up at 6AM and have a good productive day. I was going to meditate, get some groceries (healthy stuff, not the usual crap I buy), maybe work out a little, and begin working on my novel that I've been wanting to write for months.

It is currently 7:58PM and I haven't done jack shit all day.

How do I get motivated to do stuff?
>>
You don't need motivation. Motivation doesn't do shit. What you need is discipline. Don't want to do something cos you "can't be bothered?". Do it anyway. Even if you hate it. Then repeat. Simple.
>>
getting started is 75% of the effort. They say if you don't start a project within 48 hours of deciding to do it the chances of ever doing it drop to 2%.

My downfall is always switching on my pc. Fortunately none of those things are time specific so you just get started now.
>>
>>28679821
How I get motivated to do something is to force myself to do it. Once you start doing an activity, you're pretty much in the zone and while you have that momentum you can move onto the next thing. But honestly, it's different for everyone.

Another thing that helps is not to plan it all out. You'll eventually get bored of doing a routine, so putting different activities at different times should help.

But eventualy it'll get boring... so perhaps look into some guidance books for self discipline.
>>
>>28679821
You are trying to do too much at once.
Take it step by step.
Begin by setting small goals like "today i'll buy healthy grocereis" next day do "today i'll workout" and day after you do both or something new etc and slowly build up

hope i helped u get ur shit together, you useles piece of shit
>>
I usually listen to ambient mixes or game soundtracks while looking at environment art. Motivation punches the sky in the face, but I reached a critical level of overall laziness so it's too late for me now.
>>
thanks for the advice bros
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.