[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it better to embrace one's circumstances in life, accepting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: xk0pheS.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
xk0pheS.gif
2 MB, 500x375
Is it better to embrace one's circumstances in life, accepting the role in life you were born into and being the best you can at it, or should one aspire to be more than this god-forsaken world will ever allow? Is it even possible to change in such a way? The risk of failure is quite high, but if you succeed the greatness of your rewards would be unfathomable to the world before. Is a life in this material plane even worth living if we don't strive for such success?
>>
The secret to life is just being yourself
>>
>strive for success

What a fucking meme
>>
>>28678453
I don't mean a job, money, or even a gf. I mean a deep seated feeling of satisfaction, doing what you know is right, and being truly content with life. A feeling that makes happiness pale in comparison.
>>
>28678388
good god I don't fucking know.
i'm such a fucking failure, i don't know how to live. i don't know what to do besides get high
every time i try to do something i fail
i thought i was capable of achieving things but I just don't know.

how do you even find the will to strive
>>
File: Dreams and Hopes..jpg (54 KB, 546x896) Image search: [Google]
Dreams and Hopes..jpg
54 KB, 546x896
I think this pic very much applies to you.
>>
>>28678590
>how do you even find the will to strive
That's more or less what I'm asking. Or rather, should you even bother with striving?

In your case, you could accept your situation, work a minimum wage job forever, and at least have the satisfaction of getting high all day, without caring how shitty your circumstances are.

Or you could forego getting high for an indefinite period of time while trying to better yourself. You might just struggle and burn yourself out or you might actually be able to make something of yourself eventually and even be able to get high again if you want under better conditions.

I honestly don't know what the better route is.
>>28678651
Nice.
>>
>Its about the journey
>failure is inevitable
>its how you weather the storms and get through them, not avoiding them
>Nothing can phase you when you're on your right path
>you know what you have to do
>crash head on through the difficulty and pain of striving for your goal
>fullfillment comes from achievment
>>
>>28678818
I don't know if you're just memeing on me, but some of those are actually nice to mull over.
>>
>>28678917
Its a combination of Nietzsche and the stoics
>>
>>28678388
It's the question of the serenity prayer, a solid contender to the title of the central intellectual challenge of mankind.
>>
File: Capture.png (7 KB, 424x66) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7 KB, 424x66
>>28678960
>serenity prayer
Serenity and courage would be nice, but I'd kill for some of that wisdom so I could distinguish the two situations.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.