[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here is desperate and using finasteride (prospecia)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: _20160519_195927.jpg (9 KB, 230x232) Image search: [Google]
_20160519_195927.jpg
9 KB, 230x232
Who else here is desperate and using finasteride (prospecia) to prevent baldness?
> Also balding thread general.
>>Pic related its me ofc. 20 yo. Half year ago discovered that i balding. Bought finesteride, using it just one week. I hope it will help me. Does it works for u guys?
>>
yeah, started balding at 20 too. didnt start using it till I was 21 because I fell for the "it's just a maturing hairline bro:^)" meme. my shit was fucked up. way worse hairline than yours.
I've been taking it for like 4 months now and regrew a fair amount of hair. went from NW2 to NW1. pretty satisfied with it. no sides either. hope it keeps working till a better treatment comes out.
>>
I'm pretty sure I'm balding but it's hard to tell because when I look at old pictures of myself my hairline was high when I was young
>>
>>28677823
dubs give you cancer again
>>
This is me. Started taking finasteride in February and it has not gotten worse since then. I might get some of that spray that is used to cover up bald spots later if it doesn't.
>>
>>28677823
what is
> finasteride (prospecia)
?
Please, save me from baldness.
>>
that's not even that bad. i don't look at that type of hairline and think, "that dude's balding."
>>
>tfw been on it for 2 and a half years
>tfw have the same thick hair I had as a child

It regrew the temples and filled my widow's peak a bit, but looking backing photos, I had a widow's peak when I was 5, so can't really wear my hair up and have to have a fringe
>>
>>28678767
Oh cmon just google up>>28678810
>>28678810
Better safe than sorry. I wont fall for that " its just mature hairline " meme as that other guy said cuz it can be to late
>>
>>28677823
>21
>tfw hairline receding unevenly

The left side is farther back than the right. Is fin worth it or should I just shave and grow a big beard?
>>
>tfw tried to get my family physician to give me finastride
>says she won't do it and I need to go see a dermatologist
>no dermatologists are accepting new patients
I can't win
>>
Don't fall for the memes OP, don't back down keep using it
>>
>I'm norwood 3 at 23
>My older brothers are both nw1
>My 57 year old uncle is nw 2

I'm destined to lose.
>>
>norwood 0 my entire life
>turn 25
>lately wondering "why does my forehead look bigger?"
>slick back my hair in the mirror
>norwood 1

This is the beginning of the end folks, the countdown starts now.
>>
i just let it happen to be honest
gl hf tho
>>
File: hair.jpg (191 KB, 1000x561) Image search: [Google]
hair.jpg
191 KB, 1000x561
4 Months on it

Here's what I started with.

First thing i noticed was that the hair in the front got a lot stronger again. When I was balding the front part just fell flat and now it's got some spring to it.

Expect some results by 3 months thats the time it takes for a hair growth cycle.

Only sides I have are that my balls are a bit sensitive.
>>
>20yo
>balding
>deformed head

Kill me pls
>>
I just started about a month ago. Taking 1.25mg per day.. (the generic that is split)

So far hard to tell, but I did go through a pretty bad shed about 2 weeks ago.. just gonna keep taking it. Ive heard about people taking more but thats only after they've been on it for awhile.

I haven't had any serious sides.. maybe a bit longer to get off with some aching balls.

Worth it to save my hair.. im about a NW2
>>
>>28680777
>Nice jackpot get

You should tell your family doctor to refer you to one.. I think he needs to. I had to do the same to get an appointment
>>
>>28682869
My family doctor is a dick and doesn't take my hair loss seriously. He more or less said I'd be fine and sent me on my way.
>>
I would if there weren't so many side effects and you didn't have to take the stuff until the day you die.
Any hair you gain from these drugs falls out when you stop taking them. So you'll be on that shit for a very, very, very long time. Or until you give up, whichever comes first.
>>
File: ragefrogs.jpg (137 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
ragefrogs.jpg
137 KB, 900x900
>Not only balding, but unevenly at the temples

1.5 months on 1mg fin, nothing else

It's stopped falling out but isn't filling in

I can't wear anything other than a bieber cut to cover my temples, or admit defeat and shave the other temple to match

>just grow facial hair and shave it brah :^)

shit genes, patchy facial hair

Just KEK
MY
SHIT
UP

It'll grow back after a while on the finasteride... right senpai?

Or am I taking the pharmaceutical impotence/gyno jew?

Also

>Have beautiful auburn hair that only a year ago was proud of showing off, despite having a five-head already

At least my acne went away ;_;
>>
Thank god I was born black
>>
>>28682981
>It'll grow back after a while on the finasteride... right senpai?
If it doesn't minoxidil will make it grow. Just make sure to use it

F
O
R
E
V
A
H
>>
>>28677823
Youre not balding, kid.
>>
Doesn't prospecia cause erectile dysfunction or is that a meme?
>>
>>28683094
In 1% of people who have used it
>>
>>28683107
Nice, take it getting a prescription is a non-issue?
>>
>>28683107
It's actually closer to 3% but those are still good odds. Not like you'll be getting laid without any hair anyways.
>>
>>28677823
>Who else here is desperate and using finasteride (prospecia) to prevent baldness?
Fuck it, it contains alien hormones. I'm either shaving or buying a wig. Or earn huge $ for hair transplantation.
>>
As others have pointed out, you'll have to keep using that shit or your hair will just fall off anyway. I tried it for some months when I first started balding, aged 20, but after a while it just wasn't worth it. Manned up, stopped taking that shit and let the hair fall. I'm now 27, shave that shit right up and despite having a somewhat weird head and no beard, I don't look half bad. More menacing, actually, while with my regular cut I just looked like a pussy
>>
>>28683094
for the first few months i was hornier than ever, i've noticed a slight dip in horniness lately but just fap every other day and you'll be fine
>>
>>28683128
not gonna lie, being bald/balding is a huge disadvantage in the dating market, but if you look masculine enough (broad shoulders is a heavy plus) and work out and you're not a shortie then you're still gonna get bitches hopping on your dick.

even if you don't completely shave it and just buzz it short and have some scalp exposed, some people just look good with that look.

i scored the cutest girl at the office at my last job. tight little french canadien pussy.

don't give up hope baldlets. you just gotta work harder and embrace your masculinity.
>>
>>28683447
A lot of robots don't have those things going for them. Many of us lost the genetic lottery and don't have good bone structure or facial features. Hair can be our only saving grace.
If you can be a bald Chad, then hair loss isn't going to be much of a problem, but that also means you weren't a robot to begin with.
>>
My peaks are receding but its been a slow process over 2 years, no thinning either.

Does it hit at a certain point?
>>
>>28683843
i get it. it's true a lot of robots can't fix things like their height or shoulder width. there are still other ways to project masculinity. if you can't make it in one regard, make it in another. it's a tough market out there for men.
>>
>>28683993
Women dictate the dating market and your sexual prowess is a big part of your social status. If you can't get with women then men won't respect you as much or consider you very masculine. Then if you don't have naturally masculine features but try to project it anyways then you'll often be labeled as a creep.
>>
>>28677823
>>28678154
>>28678288
>>28678330
>>28678337
>>28678767
>>28678810
>>28679332
>>28679625
>>28680638
>>28680777
>>28680813
>>28680873
>>28680918
>>28681241
>>28682029
>>28682670
>>28682833
>>28682869
>>28682952
>>28682980
>>28682981
>>28682983
>>28683006
>>28683015
>>28683094
>>28683107
>>28683126
>>28683128
>>28683278
>>28683286
>>28683346
>>28683447
>>28683843
>>28683940
>>28683993
>>28684155

That fucking Fin is a timebomb you are taking. Don't fucking use it, if you are so desperate then at least try minoxidil and nizoral combo.

Fin is not only lowering DHT in your scalp but in your entire body and keeping you on edge of your hormones that they can crash month later or 1 year later and then you will have more to fucking worry about than your hairline let me tell you.

If you are lucky and feeling nice and steady (including your hair) you will destroy your neurons in your brain that will lead to dementia, you have 100% guarantee of that.

Check this video for more details of how Fin is working in your body in depth.
(the video quality is shabby but covering everything vital)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mZED-mW8yQ

I know how you feel bros, I'm having thinning crown and Its killing my confidence as well, but this is very shit game to mess with where gain is good on temporary relation with some serious fuck up as consequences.
>>
>>28684913

Not any of these people, but I tried using Nizoral and it somehow just made my scalp feel more inflamed and scratchy. Currently on minox+biotin (three months as of three days ago), and at the very least the shedding's mostly stopped. If it doesn't fix my shit, I'm not going to bother with fin.
>>
>>28677823
If you have male pattern baldness you're fucked, if your hair is diffusely thinning then you might still have a chance.
>>
>>28677823
Just grow your hair really long and style it in the back so you don't look dumb.
>>
File: image.jpg (395 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
395 KB, 1280x960
Does my hair look like it's beginning to thin? I've been worried that I'm starting to bald lately. I've been shedding like crazy theses last few months
>>
Not taking fin yet but I'm taking minoxidil once a day

let's see how that goes until I see the doctor again next month, I will ask him what he thinks of the pills
>>
Embrace the decay brothers!

Display your balding hairline with pride and be a walking reminder to normies that nothing is eternal, death can't be cheated.
>>
>>28685691
>that dandruff

You might have something like psoriasis that's making your hair shed. That's what's happened with me (confirmed by derm).
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo1.jpg (75 KB, 832x640) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo1.jpg
75 KB, 832x640
Tempus fugit memento mori.
>>
>>28686051
I think I might have that. what did you do to fix it?
>>
>balding
>manlet

fuck my life. Also I heard hair transplants are temporary fixes as well
>>
>>28686311

They make you look like a barbie doll man. You'll be worse off than when you were bald.
>>
I'm just getting a $2000 hair replacement system, I'm not fucking around with my hormones.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.