[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>send an email to my therapist to cancel our appointments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (326 KB, 1315x1098) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
326 KB, 1315x1098
>send an email to my therapist to cancel our appointments
>received reply in pic related
>mfw she thought i gave up because of her harsh words in our last appointment.

Should i bother clarifying that wasn't what i meant?
>>
>>28676188
Shes just trying to swindle you back into giving her money for one hour chat sessions.
>>
Now my therapist gave me the 'trying to make you feel better' talk.

Should i clarify or not? I kind of already had it written out but I don't know if i should bother sending it
>>
>>28676204
Im not from America though
>>
>>28676188
Ask her how many people she sent this template to during her career.
>>
>>28676235
Tbh i should do it for the lols. I doubt ill get a response since im probably being pitied upon based on her reply
>>
>>28676188
What were her harsh words?
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 1441x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 1441x570
>>28676282
To sum it up in one paraphrase, "you like idea of changing your life, but not really, you want to change but you're also like ehhh 'i can live my life the way it is now, no big deal; life's not great but im too comfortable to change anyway"

She emphasised a lot about me being comfortable and not actually wanting to change. Threr were some nerve striking comments here and there, but it was indeed what i needed to hear, and my conclusion led me to cancel further appointments.

Pic is what I sent first
>>
File: 4fc.jpg (26 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
4fc.jpg
26 KB, 600x610
>>28676362
>hypnotherapist
>>
>>28676188
OP this therapist seems miles better than any therapist I've ever seen. She seems to at least be good at faking that she genuinely cares. You don't have to say it was a miscommunication maybe just wait a bit and make another appointment.
>>
>>28676362
I guess I didn't communicate it clearly since i didn't explain why i wanted to cancel. I was probably too vague.
I have another email already written up to clarify but im not sure if i should bother. I mean im grateful for her but sending another email would achieve nothing aside from clarifying a misunderstanding
>>
>>28676392
Hey anon, i have to try something
R-r-right?

I might, keyword might, ask my psychiatrist if i have a hormone problem e.g. Low cortisol, which means ill have to find an endocrinologist.
>>
>>28676394
My conclusion has led me to not see her again. Money isnt a big factor but at $140AUD for 1 hour talk therapy and another 30 minutes of hypnotherapy i'd rather spend the money on megadosing on a variety of supplements. There's no longer a need to continue seeing her.
Although it was worth the money that made me realise myself
>>
>>28676548
Cool mang, and if you want to change in the future you can. Wherever you go, there you are.
>>
>She

Thats where you fucked up

A woman can never understand the internal struggles of a man
>>
>she

Get a man. Woman therapists are worthless and incapable of understanding your problems.
>>
>>28676600
>>28676609
You know, females are more likely to tell you the truths you dont want to hear, which was what i needed
>>
>woman
>therapist

Why...
>>
>Give me more checks, anon.
>>
>>28676665

Kek

Only if they have nothing to lose anymore. Men are much more honest with other men.
>>
>>28676188
I do this to everyone that tries to help me. They've all been woman so far.

>my german teacher sees that I'm depressed and makes an effort to make me feel better
Betray her in every way possible with low grades, insults and failure.
>my math assistant at uni recognized my depression
Fail her in every way, dodge her as much as possible, stop responding to her emails and sign up to another assistant.
>I had back issues so I had to go to a hospital gym where I had a doctor show me exercises for the back, trough conversation we somehow got personal and she wanted to help me
I stopped going to the exercises, didn't respond to her calls, saw her on the street once weeks later and just said I don't wanna see her anymore.
>my guitar teacher always thought I had great talent and wanted me to utilise it because "god never gave her the gift"
Never practise, hate the guitar, come in half an hour late for 5 years, stop coming and playing guitar.

Failing people is addictive and sweet.
>>
>>28676710
Lmao im always fucking late for appointments, i hate myself for it.

Whats so sweet about failing people? It's humiliating desu fampai
>>
File: image.jpg (219 KB, 1323x671) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219 KB, 1323x671
This is what im thinking about sending back. Ive only spent a total of $840. For what i got back, i can live with that
>>
>>28676731
I know it's humiliating, but it makes you feel alive doesn't it?

Having to look someone in the eyes while they have hopes for you and see them for the last time. Especially the women, their eyes always get watery when you give up.

It hurts deep in the guts but you just make yourself believe they never really cared.
>>
>>28676773
Its humiliating because i failed myself in front of other people. Loss of face. Everytime i let someone down i need a full day to recover, or 2
>>
>>28676188
I would, but then again I would feel bad if I didn't (perhaps it's just me but would always have this nagging feeling I did something "bad"). You might also find it better to do some therapy via email and perhaps later on you might want to try to see her again.
>>
>>28676362
seems like she is right and you are too much of a sheltered fuck to accept the truth about yourself.
>>
>>28676971
Yea, the truth is i already know he quickest route to fixing myself and that is to move out and experience living independently but it is also the most painful and it might not even work out
>>
File: 1450460533675.gif (76 KB, 255x153) Image search: [Google]
1450460533675.gif
76 KB, 255x153
>going to a therapist

yes yes good goy
>>
>>28676710
I do that too. It feels good, but sometimes a little self-indulgent.
>>
>>28676773
>It hurts deep in the guts but you just make yourself believe they never really cared.
this is so goddamn true I can't believe it
I feel this feel, I feel this feel very deeply
that rush of anxiety, that rush of emotional pain as you let them down for the last time and you stop talking with them forever because it's so much easier to feel bad than to feel good, it's so much easier to be rejected than to be liked or to work towards being happy
for me though personally I like to take it in a way that I like to think absolves them of any pain because I make them hate me or think I'm so pathetic they're just angry with me and willingly throw me away instead, they actively tell me they don't care anymore and that hurts so good I don't even know what to do with myself anymore
>>
File: 1463023128102.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1463023128102.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>>28676548

>i'd rather spend the money on megadosing on a variety of supplements

Wait but your therapist said you were smart why would you do something really fucking stupid with your money. Was she lying?
>>
>charges triple digits for platitudes and """""""hypnotherapy""""""""""
>implying it's worth wasting any breath on her at all

you don't owe this stupid bitch anything. she's a quack and she fleeced you.
>>
>>28677691
I think we might be the same person. It's weird to find someone explaining your own feels as you explained mine right now.
>>
>>28677754

>spending $100 talking to a therapist for an hour about your neurochemical imbalance, usually leaving the session with little to no improvement

>spending $100 buying supplements, many of which are proven in studies to improve neurochemical imbalances

OP picked the more logical one.
>>
>>28676362
>"you like idea of changing your life, but not really, you want to change but you're also like ehhh 'i can live my life the way it is now, no big deal; life's not great but im too comfortable to change anyway

R9K summed up in one sentence.
>>
>>28677833
do you tend to (sub)consciously sabotage every single relationship either knowingly or unknowingly? I usually do it unknowingly which makes it hurt even more because I don't realize what I did until they tell me
it's also a paradoxical feel, I long for close relationships but I find finding rejection to be easier, it's like being torn up inside by the anxiety and then ending it gives me the most satisfaction because I know based on the self sabotage there's no hope left for anything closer than distant friendship

IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING
I JUST KEEP LETTING ME DOWN LETTING ME DOWN LETTING ME DOWN
>>
>>28678073
Yeah, I do that to friendships.

I never had any relations with girls.

>because I know based on the self sabotage there's no hope left for anything closer than distant friendship
Jesus can this be less true.

Did you cut contact with all highschool friends and acquaintances and burn bridges?
>>
>>28676188

>be me
>see therapist for a while
>she insists on a check for my co-pay at every visit
>no problem
>write one out at the end of each session
>do this for about 8 months
>get email from her one sunday
>she's furious that i didn't pay the last time
>immediately reply and apologize
>say i thought i had
>can i bring a check by tomorrow?
>she sends back long email after a few minutes
>pretty nasty comments equating this to me not taking enough responsibility for my actions, etc.
>brings up a couple of my failures in family interactions
>this sort of shit freaks me out
>immediately get my check register
>says i wrote her a check
>face starts burning
>go to bank site
>check has even been deposited
>'click here to download photo of check'
>do so
>forward it to her
>ask her to please confirm this was her deposit
>and if so, to please re-check her bookkeeping
>cold and professional
>that evening
>get email
>'oh, i guess i forgot i deposited your check.
>i hope this doesn't affect our professional relationship.'
>the fucking gall
>never reply
>never go back
>>
>>28678268
So she forgot you had paid her, you showed you had, and because of that, you fucking walked?

What a perfectionist asshole. People make mistakes, even therapists.

Fucking faggot.
>>
>>28678268
Screenshot email and post it here.
>>
>>28676710
>They've all been woman so far.
you're handsome and that's why they want to "help" you.
humanity is disgusting
>>
>>28678657
that is 99% of "sympathy"
>>
>>28676235
Do this. I mean, that entire letter is generic and could fit on literally any patient.
>>
>>28676225
Riiiiight and because you're European your therapists don't get payed?

Holy fuck I hate that we lack so much self awareness.
>>
>>28678693
i ended up sending this >>28676762

I've expressed my gratitude and now to move on to the next thing.
I need to look up supplement stacks, /fit/ has plenty of those type of threads.

In the end, $840 for a wake up call? I'd say it's a small price to pay to help me take my life more seriously.

Hardest part would be quitting 4chan and anime&manga
>>
>>28676188
>sit on the sidelines
>comfort zone
>have faith in yourself
Looks like anyone, even cliche spouters, can become therapists.
>>
>>28678189
I just kind of drifted away from everyone I ever met in high school so I don't know if I did any active bridge burning
I basically did cut all contact with them but I was never really close to them in the first place I suppose
>>
>>28679004
Nice talking to you, bud.
>>
Therapists are just world normies
>>
>>28676362
did you flunk english in school? I is always in big case reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>28678881
>In the end, $840 for a wake up call? I'd say it's a small price to pay to help me take my life more seriously.

Whenever I come up with this sort of rationalization, I end up feeling serious and determined for a few days, then backslide into my hikikomori ways.

Perhaps you're different, but for me, wake up calls ultimately fail because I am incapable of following through.
>>
>>28679428
>Whenever I come up with this sort of rationalization, I end up feeling serious and determined for a few days, then backslide into my hikikomori ways.
>Perhaps you're different, but for me, wake up calls ultimately fail because I am incapable of following through.

lol, projecting much?

i think that's just you, failtard. most people are capable of change without too much effort.
>>
>every life for every person requires some effort and energy
Except for Chad who has to put in much less effort for pretty much everything.
>Life is challenging for every one in their own way.
But if you get lucky while being born, the challenge is much easier!
>But it's also glorious and rewarding
Working hard for things that many get easily is rewarding? More like retarded.

That bitch is fucking retarded. Good that you stopped listening to her.
>>
>>28676188
>Should i bother clarifying that wasn't what i meant?
I would reply that I had to cancel because she makes me feel inappropriate things in my weewee and don't want to make it an uncomfortable situation
>>
>>28679428
I know what you mean by feeling serious for a few days then going back to being a hikki. ill see how it goes after a few days. Im not going to make a 180 change in a single day, but ill see.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.