[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soon... TICK TOCK TICK TOCK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: eruption.png (322 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
eruption.png
322 KB, 960x720
Soon...
TICK
TOCK
TICK
TOCK
>>
>>28675608
>narrowly misses california
Why is there no justice in the world?
>>
>>28675625
Fuck California
>>
they've been saying "soon" for the last 25 years, anon...
>>
western ny. i'm chillin
>>
>>28675608
I'm in the kill zone :(
>>
>>28675649
tectonically speaking, 25 years is nothing
>>
>>28675652
The sheer level of ash produced--not to mention the absolutely fucked agricultural production--will fuck up the entire world. You know that, right?
>>
>>28675669
I'm talking about in the 25 years that they've been closely monitoring it, you insufferable ape.
>>
>>28675715
Oh Im sorry, I didnt know there were different degrees of 25 years
>>
>>28675608
Tick tock tick tock wagie supervolcano. Time to wake up and ruin Mr. Goldbergenstein's entire planet.
>>
>>28675733
>oh I'm sorry

apology accepted
>>
>Florida

I'm safe
>>
>>28675649
>>28675715

That just means it's even more overdue.

Tick tock.
>>
Isn't there another pressure zone that can blow up and fuck the west coast?
>>
>>28675786
Yes, it's called "Saudi Arabia."
>>
>>28675776
>Millions of years overdue
>it'll happen in our lifetime

lol k
>>
how fucking dank would it be if the cascadian subduction zone quake happened and then yellowstone erupted?
>>
>>28675875
pretty fucking dank 2bh, but there would at least be some warning leading up something so massive so at least I could make sure to maximize my shitposting time
>>
>>28675857
>the more overdue something is, the less likely it is to occur
I want you to step back from your computer and think really hard for a second. Is this really the argument you want to go with?
>>
>>28675892
do you really want to put geologic time on a human timeline? you do realize that ~60 years is nothing on that scale, right? so much as to be practically insignificant. tell me more about how it's going to happen any day now
>>
Sorry guys.

Yellowstone is dying

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2589300/Is-Yellowstone-supervolcano-DYING-Researchers-say-dormant-volcano-never-erupt-again.html

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/rip-yellowstone-supervolcano-its-molten-deathbead-scientists-suggest-1441735

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/4763/20140324/yellowstone-park-volcano-dying.htm
>>
>>28675909
overdue means it could happen at literally any second.
>>
>>28675914
good. The apocalypse is overdue, and whether it erupts or never goes off again we're getting closer to planetary annihilation.
>>
>>28675970
>not understanding how volcanoes erupt

This isn't 79 AD, we are able to pick up warnings about these things you know.
>>
Will America become Vvardenfell? The Kill Zone will become Dagoth Ur, the Primary Zone will be like the red mountain region, and the secondary zone will be like the ashlands.
>>
>>28675767
My brother. Perhaps the dust will cool down our sweatbox.
>>
>>28675715

How does that statement mean anything in the context you brought up. Pompous moron.
>>
>>28675985
...And? This isn't like dodging a falling rock with no consequences. Regardless of whether or not we predict it, Yellowstone erupting would absolutely fuck our planet's shit up.
>>
>>28676098
Yes it would, but that doesn't mean it'll happen out of the blue. There will be warning signs leading up to it. Again, 60ish heard on a geologic time scale is insignificant. if it happens in that time period them I'll owe you a beer, deal?
>>
What if NEETs like us got large supply of soda and chickens (for tendies), then moved to some small country in south america when it happens?
>>
>>28676186
good luck affording that.
>>
>>28675625
>>narrowly misses california
just like the tchernobyl cloud narrowly missed France :^)
>>
We've got time left lads, don't worry

And also for people in Europe who think they are safe a simmilar thing will happen when the Phlegraean Fields in Italy errupts.

t.Geologist
>>
>>28676269
Britanon here, pretty much safe from nature, aside from flooding.
>>
>>28676346
You're not safe from a tidal wave of islams
>>
I'm right on the edge of the secondary ash zone. I'll just go east a mile or two to be safe.
>>
>won't die
>but the ash blanket will be so thick we will all wish we were dead
>>
>>28676346
>he thinks the ash cloud won't cover the entire planet
>>
>>28675608
The majority of the kill zone and the primary ash zone is desert and some of the least inhabited states in the country. If the secondary ash zone is enough to kill plants it could be bad because it extends into some of the larger crop areas of the country but other than that it really doesn't look like some kind of doomsday event like everyone makes it out to be.
>>
>>28676346
>Britanon here, pretty much safe from nature

not the flood of stinking shitskins
>>
>>28676850
>>28676368
well, aside from people. but as natural disasters go we're pretty ok.
>>
File: 1407119379594.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
1407119379594.png
129 KB, 724x611
>people in shitty flyover states get to get punished more
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.