[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why not become a merchant mariner?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 200x285
Why not become a merchant mariner?
>>
I am a merchant mariner

Its a fucking boring job, uninteresting as fuck and most ships have dogshit facilities
>>
>>28675879

Do people fish (angling) off the sides of the boat? Is that a thing?
>>
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 1263x537) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 1263x537
even better, become a submariner
>>
>>28674989
I get seasick every trip and I'm getting too old to tough through it. I have hobbies I can't realistically pursue at sea

I had an amazing experience and I do recommend it but I'm not going back to see until I truly give up on ever settling on land.

>>28675889
Not him but ships are generally moving far too fast for a line to fool anything in the water. It's the equivalent of us eating a poisoned burger that was hurtling past us at 20 knots.
>>
>>28675925
This seems like the most robot military job
>>
>>28675879
how fit do you have to be?
>>
>>28675879
and how to I become one?
>>
>>28675925
Unless something goes wrong. At least if a tradiitonal ship sinks you have a chance of survival. If the sub sinks, well I hope you enjoy either drowning in a giant steel casket or being suddenly crushed by 30 atm of water pressure.
>>
Because the u-boat menace is real and if they put me on an ammunition ship you can kiss my ass goodbye.
>>
>>28675879
>merchant mariner
Oh yeah, bridge or engineering?
>>
>>28674989
Is there a place to charge your cellphone on a ship?
>>
>>28677039
How fucking retarded are you, of course there is.
>>
>>28674989
I'm trying. Have to wait until next fucking year before they start hiring. Might get an interview in winter and then it starts the following spring.
>>
>>28677057
I was just wondering if I had a place to charge my game boy.
>>
>>28675889

Yep, don't have much luck fish generally tend to avoid vessels. Dolphins swim around ships tho.

>>28676021

Not fit at all, engineers have got to be able to walk around and work with tools and withstand 40-50 degree heat in the E/R. You see some real fat lazy fucks working at sea tho.

>>28676106

I did a cadetship, basically an apprenticeship where you understudy crew and eventually take the exam to get your lisence.

>>28677030

EOOW (4th engineer/3rd assistant)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.