[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The US Is Leading The Way In Fatherlessness And It's Hurting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Fatherless.jpg (83 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
Fatherless.jpg
83 KB, 850x400
By Nikita Coulombe

>America leads the industrialized world in fatherlessness.

>Right now, around 41 percent of children are born to single mothers.

>For women under 30, who bear two-thirds of all children, that rate is 53 percent.

>Many unmarried women are cohabiting with partners at the outset of their children's births, but those couplings disintegrate at twice the rate of marriages.

>In total, about one-third of all children are raised in father-absent homes.

>By some estimates, this means more kids are growing up with televisions in their bedroom than with both of their biological parents.

>Boys are especially affected by this trend. Without positive and consistent male role models, society misses out on much of their constructive potential.

>It's no coincidence 70 percent of male inmates did not grow up with both parents, for example.

>Even for those with fathers, the average school-age boy spends just half an hour per week in one-on-one conversation with his father, according to David Walsh, founder of Mind Positive Parenting.

>"That compares with 44 hours a week in front of a television, video game screen, [and] Internet screen," he says. "I think that we are neglecting our boys tremendously. The result of that is our boys aren't spending time with mentors, with elders, who can really show them the path, show them the way of how it is that we're supposed to behave as healthy men."

>Across the board, children with intact families have more advantages than their fatherless peers.

>A report published by The Center for Disease Control and Prevention says children of married biological parents or adoptive parents are healthier, have fewer definite or severe emotional or behavioral difficulties and are less likely to grow up in poverty.

>They also have more friends.

http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/how-society-is-failing-fathers-photos/1069521/
>>
bump 4 discussion
>>
This is what hypersexualized feminism and a war on males will get you; enjoy
>>
>>28675001

Can you elaborate a little bit about the "war on males" concept?
>>
>>28675032
Watch the news and you'll understand.
>>
Any anons who grew up without a father want to chime in? Share your thoughts?
>>
>In other words, the current structure of TANF actually promotes having nearly any man but the biological father heading the house.

fucking cuck culture
>>
>>28675032
I believe what he means is that the rise in regressive leftism aims to hurt men by reducing their rights to equality on the grounds of "oppression"
>>
File: 1459393500667.jpg (2 MB, 655x2150) Image search: [Google]
1459393500667.jpg
2 MB, 655x2150
>>28675032
I have got a couple of minutes, take a look.
>>
>>28675212
Sure, I feel like I didn't grow up with the discipline and structure that a father provides. As a result I am fairly disrespectful towards authority and lack willpower
>>
File: 1459657401787.png (69 KB, 737x531) Image search: [Google]
1459657401787.png
69 KB, 737x531
>>28675240

completely original, in fact, it is so original, you would not believe it.
>>
>>28675269
There is more to life than who you fuck. In nearly every other way women are put in a disadvantage you c u c k
>>
File: single moms.png (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
single moms.png
1 MB, 1200x1200
>>28675269
Something actually relating to OP's pic related.
>>
>>28675212
I thought of a whole lot to type and explain. It just doesn't matter to me.

I guess you can just attribute that to a fatherless mindset.
>>
more future criminals, great

i just realized, women love bad boys, they become single moms, create more fuck up bad boys for their daughters to date and down the drain western civilization goes in a vicious cycle
>>
>>28675032
It means he's a good goy male feminist.
>>
I grew up with a father who is still married to my mother and going strong for 30 years. I still turned out mentally ill. I guess I feel like he wasn't there for me enough? I asked him how to do things all the time but ho would always get frustrated at me for not knowing things already, especially if I had to ask him twice.
>>
>>28675303
>Nearly every other way

Citation needed.
>>
>>28675389
>hating women makes me a goyim feminist

lolwat
>>
>>28675380
It only took about 5 decades of women being out of the kitchen to fuck everything up
>>
>>28675327
Maybe it's the fact that people growing up with only their mothers don't have a male role model to turn to, so they immerse themselves in "gang culture" (especially among black people) to feel like they're fitting in with the right crowd. Of course, WE know this leads to a lot of people getting busted, but they all think they're gonna become the next big crime syndicate or something.
>>
File: 1461161013318.jpg (36 KB, 442x664) Image search: [Google]
1461161013318.jpg
36 KB, 442x664
>>28674870
So a couple of thoughts about this. I feel like the united states is in a unique position because it combines the individualism, sexual freedom and female independence of the first world with the lack of social security, birth control and prevalence of religion of the third world.

You've got a society which is hyper sexualized but that refuses to provide the necessary education, tools and social policies to prevent unwanted pregnancies through different forms of contraceptives. At the same time that society will provide little to no aid to a poor family. There's no healthcare, no daycare no nothing and so when the young father is faced with the prospect of slaving away to provide for his children for the rest of his life or just take off, the choice for many is the latter.

Because why wouldn't he? Our generation has all grown up thinking that one day I'm going to catch that break, one day I'm going to do it, to show them, to become something. Raised with those ideas you don't want to accept that life isn't more than the gray and mundane.

That's what I think at least.
>>
>>28675327
Do you have any similar information about single fathers?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.