[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can't improve my life or become a success while I am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 20160518_171331.jpg (682 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160518_171331.jpg
682 KB, 1920x1080
>can't improve my life or become a success while I am crippled by depression
>Without the support of others; a gf or some one to give me emotional support and affection I cannot stop being sad
>No one will value my existence until I become successful so I can't get that support

What do
I want someone to value my existence. I want to feel wanted. I am in pain pls help.
>>
>Upside down picture

Why, OP?
>>
>>28674799
Thanks for your help friend! Phone must've been upside down.
>>
Also, your hair is pretty thin, so growing it out was a bad idea 2bh.

Not one of those faggots that tell guys to cut their long hair because s/he can't stand people being different, by the way. I have long hair too. Yours just looks kind of bad...
>>
>>28674833
No offense, by the way. Not trying to be a dick. I usually don't like giving unsolicited advice. Usually...
>>
>>28674833
>>28674897
I wish my hair was thicker. I know it's thin.
>>
>>28674787
Get into competitive smash. But actually you have to be able to be happy on your own. Using a gf to make yourself feel better isn't a healthy dependency also that will cause you to be perceived as needy/clingy (and they're right).
>>
>>28674909
I wish I could give you advice on that, but I wouldn't know what to say.

You could try different hairstyles, like slicking it all back without using hair product and without tying it back like Xiahou Dun from Dynasty Warriors 4 and 5, but that's all I got...
>>
>>28674787
you are horribly ugly and unkempt i suggest pouring gasoline over your face and setting it on fire, that way if you happen to survive you can get support without working for it, like everyone else
>>
>>28674916
My ex gf used me that way. It sucks and doesnt work.
>>
>>28674980
Actually he's pretty cute.
>>
>>28674916
>competitive smash
What?
No one is happy on their own that is fucking dumb as fuck. You can argue that people should simply focus on their goals and that a gf will eventually come to them, but anyone still needs some support. You don't achieve goals alone.
>Using a gf to make yourself feel better isn't a healthy dependency
I don't know that. I'd prefer it to my life now. It would actually be significantly healthier than the current situation.
>cause you to be perceived as needy/clingy
I honestly would love to be mutually dependant on another person. I really want be needed even more than wanted. But if my gf didn't like clingy behaviour I wouldn't do it. Although this is just hypothetical.
>>28674980
I laughed irl I find being insulted hilarious for some reason.
>>28675015
Thank you
I don't know. That's one of my better ones. I can certainly make myself a 1/10 by choosing a poor angle and facial expression.
>>
>>28675015
This. He looks like me. And I'm very gay for me.
>>
you look like my friend
he has sex a lot
I don't really get it, I have way more hair follicles than both of you combined
fucking REEEE
>>
File: Nietzsche1882.jpg (329 KB, 1274x1700) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche1882.jpg
329 KB, 1274x1700
>>28674787
I'm almost 50 and I've lived with crippling levels of untreatable clinical depression all my life. The secret to survival is learning how to make your depression work *for* you. Depression is not a curse, it's a dark blessing. Clinical studies have shown that people who are depressed show superior judgement. For example, they are markedly better at estimating whether a given shape will fit a given hole than people who are not depressed. The hypothesis of depressive realism says that depression is actually the removal of a filter which makes the world seem irrationally pleasant for everyone else. While you are depressed, you have remarkable powers of lucid observation. The hypothesis runs that depression is triggered by feelings of being trapped with no way out, and that it's a response which evolved to give us access to the most accurate possible information so that we can escape something which might otherwise be inescapable.

Instead of feeling badly for yourself, recognize that you have what is, in essence, a superpower. You can see things more clearly than everyone else. It is physically crippling, of course, but if you can find the strength to use the deep and penetrating knowledge you're gaining while depressed, you have the capability to do and be something special. All it takes is the courage to defy the existential Void you can see as a result of your lucidity. People need these protective filters to shield them from the reality that we exist over a great and limitless Abyss of nothingness. Without those filters, everything feels futile -- because it IS futile. The Ubermensch looks into the Abyss and does not flinch. The Ubermensch defies the Void, constructing his own internalized morality and purpose from nothing but the manfested strength of his own Will to Power.

"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nieztsche
>>
>>28675086
I'm not prison gay yet but I'm close. I'd fuck an ass in the dark I just don't want any man hands touching my skin.

And if anyone's wondering I am from Australia. I'm ready for gf offers.
>>
File: 1437137676799.png (484 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1437137676799.png
484 KB, 569x802
>>28675161
>Depression is not a curse, it's a dark blessing

i guess it's extremely painful part of your plan
>>
>>28675223
You're a sad guy.
UUUU
>>
>>28675223
I own three vintage fedoras, and actually look good wearing them. The Ubermensch makes his own rules; he doesn't worry what a bunch of pimply teenyboppers on a Hungarian llama-swapping forum think of his personal style.
>>
You should read all of Carl Jung works, He took it a step further then Nietzsche in becoming the Ubermensch, His theories about going into the dark self ti find renewal is amazing. To become a sorcerer ( A wizard that gets laid) you must study the sciences of the self.
>>
>>28675161
Interesting. I know it is an survival trait. I know I see things that others don't but what's the point? Sometimes the idea of gradually increasing my understanding of everything seems pointless because I will never be able to share the things I've discovered with anyone. And I have to watch everyone else run around like mindless idiots. At the same time no one respects me enough to listen to me. I still desire to be wanted, needed and respected. I don't want to turn that desire off. Because I seek pleasure and happiness and I know it comes from affection and close relationships.

>>28675281
As I said. I'm not sure if I want to know more. Knowledge can be hell.
>>
>>28675281
I'm way ahead of you. I'm actually a Jungian mystic and a professional tarot reader. (Tarot has nothing to do with the supernatural; it works on the principle of apophenia, the tendency of the human brain to find patterns in things even when no pattern is present. As a tarot reader I'm not reading the cards, I'm reading the person's reaction to the cards. As such, tarot is useless for telling the future, but very, very good at digging below the surface and figuring out what's going on in the subconscious as the person projects onto the cards.)
>>
>>28675321
Happiness is not a superior condition. If you want to be happy, just take drugs. There are lots of chemical pathways to happiness. The pursuit of happiness is for small people who are content with the world of the physical. The Ubermensch -- that is, the divine spark within is which transcends mere flesh -- seeks deeper meaning than assuaging the needs of the flesh. If you can find the courage to stop seeking happiness, you'll find that there much more deeply-satisfying goals out there: knowledge, power, spiritual strength, acuity of vision, a literal infinity of possible pursuits. But it all starts with you making the existential decision to reject ALL external authority. That means finding the courage to pursue things the world tells you are stupid or meaningless or boring or evil.

"I would not stand between any man and his genius; and to him who does this work, which I decline, with his whole heart and soul and life, I would say, Persevere, even if the world call it doing evil, as it is most likely they will." -- Thoreau, _Walden_
>>
>>28675332
I'm am atheist and find no truth in Tarot cards however, I would love to talk to someone else about Carl Jung works and other reads.

>>28675321
The inward journey is a lonely one and can be very uncomfortable to face you true self. However, it will renew your soul. So, stop being lazy. If you want to lesson the pain start working out, It will get the endorphins going so, you can try to live a more balanced life. A good like is neither happy nor sad or Pain nor pleasure. It is a balance of the two. Nietzsche once said," A tree must break the hard crust of the earth to reach the heaven." Your embrace pain to accomplish grandia.
>>
>>28675466
I'm an atheist too. Did you even read what I wrote? Tarot has nothing to do with the supernatural. When the brain can't find a pattern -- as for instance, in a randomly-selected series of cards with generic, archetypal meanings -- it will project a pattern from its own unconscious processes. I'm not reading the cards, I'm reading the person's reactions to the cards, which reveals the material closest to the surface in the underlying subconscious.
>>
>>28674787
nigger look at that humongous dome of yours.

you're obviously an intelligent person.

high cheek bones. obviously high quality genetic stock.

kind of fucked in the chin area, but whatever.

you should play power metal. although i guess nowadays the kids nowadays play black metal or death metal or make bleeboops on their lap tops so take from that what you will.
>>28675321
>Knowledge can be hell.

you've got the right idea going in. edgy psuedo-intellectual jerkoffs who need a book to tell them to think for themselves. still, c. g. jung wrote a fuck ton. if you're interested in particular subjects he has some very good insights. meditation and eastern spirituality, folklore, psychotherapy.

honestly alchemy is bullshit if you're a low-willpower individual. it's all about duality, advice that can help one person can fuck another's year up. don't be a whiny pussy, get some PE and eat healthy, other then that it's a question of

1. finding something you always cared about

2. realizing that you wasted your entire life instead of working on that

instead of worrying about people, you're worried about goals, creation. you want someone to value your existence? create something of value.
>>
Tfw my thread gets taken over by fedoras. Philosophy is interesting but I still want a gf and happiness. If you think that makes me inferior I don't give a fuck. Also kys.
>>
Start smoking. You'll fuck your shit up and everything will be worse forever.
Worse, but different.
>>
>>28674787

I was healed from depression... when I just started having normal sleep-hours, a normal diet, and a few hours per week biking enjoying natural sunlight and natural wind.
>>
>>28675524
Okay, well, here's your first clue to why people don't want to be around you. You have a bunch of people who are clearly very intelligent, who have very kindly taken time out of their own day to try to help you by giving you the benefit of their own experiences -- and you've shit all over them.

Maybe the reason you're alone is because you're ungrateful, obnoxious, and unpleasant to be around. Stop being such a bitter, hateful little toad who can't be fucked to consider that someone else might actually have something useful to say and just maybe people won't find your presence so grating.
>>
>>28675552
this to be honest

once you hit rock bottom and realize you're a spiritually bankrupt, mentally retarded piece of shit with a head full of unrealistic dreams and false hopes and realize noone will ever love you, then you can finally be free.

>>28675570
>be the ubermensch, reject all lesser subjective value systems forced onto you by the people around you
>BUT NOT OURS YOU RUDE UNGRACIOUS LITTLE TOAD
>we read SO MANY MORE BOOKS THAN YOU
>SO OBNOXIOUS
>>
>>28675570
You don't really know anything about OP, though. Those are assumptions you made based on some things he's posted in this thread, but you don't know him in real life...
>>
>>28674787
I know how you feel. I'm the same way.

Part of the reason I can't take the next step to make my life better is that, being alone, it just doesn't feel like it's worth all that effort. I'd need someone else to live for other than myself.
>>
>>28675570
I'm sure that's the reason
>>28675513
I don't really know what I want besides to be loved and wanted. Anyway, as I have said it's Hard to pursue goals in a state of unhappiness. So anything I am interested jn is hard to pursue.
And yeah I'm fine with my genetics but I think poor nutrition and braces fucked my face up. Braces restrict growth. Kinda down about that.
>>28675552
Tried it a few years ago and you're right, it did make everything worse.
>>28675615
>BUT NOT OURS YOU RUDE UNGRACIOUS LITTLE TOAD
>we read SO MANY MORE BOOKS THAN YOU
>SO OBNOXIOUS
Lold
>>
>>28675615
so many

so much more

so many much more

way more

fuck man i should have never picked the bong up
>>
>>28675650
Right. Enjoy your meaingless existence, untermensch. I'm outies. The next time you post a thread, make it clear you're just looking for hand-jobs in an echo chamber to justify the misery you clearly don't want to give up.
>>
>>28675552
what gets worse? I started smoking and nothing has really changed yet, I've smoked like 3 packs
>>
Listen to these guys OP, /lit/ mustve leaked some of their philosophers again. But theyre all in the right.

I was a sad sack of shit, lost all motivation, quit all my hobbies, started doing drugs, even got to the point I wanted to jump out of a window. For many reasons, my life was going to shit. I thought everything was pointless, that life was pointles. I wanted people to like me, more than anything in the world, I wanted someone to be there for me, I wanted companionship, friendship, but there was noone. I just decided this isnt the life I want to live, I stopped giving a shit, about anything. I started working, hard, joined a gym again, started studying my ass off, found new hobbies. The start was rough, but I wanted to be someone, the someone, still do, and thats what keeps me going. And going like this, people like me more, girls like me way more. I still feel like shit sometimes, but atleast I have my achievements, no matter how small now, to fall back on and remind me why lives worth living
>>
>>28675698
Are you mentally retarded. Any goals I can think of involve other people unless you want me to make my life about reading books . I do have grand ideas but so do a lot of people. I don't study because I'm too unhappy too.

>>28675726
I was keeping fit, well I still am but I'm mind of neglecting myself this week. . I .
I have some plans but I don't think they will full fill me like a gf would. And I'm too lazy. I would like to do crazy insane things and fuck up the world, and I think it's very possible once you have the knowledge. But I have a lot of study to do and it doesn't bring me pleasure. I need gf. A
>>
>>28675650
people love a badass, and i don't just mean someone who's physically intimidating. i think that's what a lot of people ITT are trying to get across. standing up for your principles and working effectively, being a hard-ass who gets shit done instead of wiling away their life browsing the internet, those are the people i see who get affection from women. the whole point of being someone worth loving is that you pursue your goals no matter what, whether your in howling existential terror, you think your dicks rotting off, whatever. you want to get noticed, get ahead of the crowd.
>>
>>28675698
>WAAAHHH I'M NOT WRONG YOU'RE ALL STUPID WAAAHHHH!!!!!

Fuck off. You came in here acting like a self-righteous smug dickhead hoping you'd get everyone to agree with your stupidity and it didn't work. Stop being such a bitch.
>>
>>28675804
2nd guy you replied to here.

You are the mentally retarded, lazy piece of shit

Grow up, life is hard, life is work, if youre lazy you deserve to be wanting to kill yourself, because you might aswell not be here at all. A girlfriend wont solve your problems, and no one will ever want you like this. You take responsibility for your life, as a man, as an adult, and as a human being, right now, youre like a woman, a weak, ugly, hatefull woman
>>
You look qt OP,I am jelly of your hair
>>
>>28675804
well on account of all the nietzschians i don't have any problem saying this without /pol/acks getting up in arms.

move to/ take a vacation the ghetto/ latin america. i don't really give a damn about a girlfriend, but now that i think about it i've had quite a few attractive females hit on me throughout my teenage years (talking to me, flirting awkwardly, making innuendo, giving me their number, etc...) just the knowledge that someone at some point in my life, had a crush on my goofy looking ass, really does brighten my day a lot. i was also a debauched little shit and never really cared about a girlfriend. but my point is it brings up your self worth a lot when you know you won't have to work hard (relatively speaking) to find a girl who's interested in dating.

focus on wanting to do crazy shit and fuck the world up.

>>28675843
t. tarot card expert
>>
File: arcanine sample.jpg (95 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
arcanine sample.jpg
95 KB, 600x480
>>28674787
>What do
Grow a pair of testicles, you nancy.
Make goals, make plans to achieve those goals, work the plan.
TA-DAAAAA!
With this knowledge, usually taught to 3 year olds, you can overcome any of the petty little bullshit "problems" in your life.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.