[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please recommend me a hobby. I'm trying to pick up a hobby
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: Neon-Genesis-Evangelion4.png (277 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Neon-Genesis-Evangelion4.png
277 KB, 853x480
Please recommend me a hobby. I'm trying to pick up a hobby that's not a fucking waste of time like anime and vidya and movies. Also no shit like nightwalks or urban exploration please.
>>
File: 11009.jpg (154 KB, 480x550) Image search: [Google]
11009.jpg
154 KB, 480x550
>>28670211
gunpla tbo
>>
>>28670269
something respectable please
>>
Read books

Bloxxx
>>
>>28670294
rude tbo, go fuck yourself
>>
>>28670211
gong fu tea
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gongfu_tea_ceremony
>>
You can learn to play an instrument, or take up photography classes.
>>
File: 1414091932624.jpg (35 KB, 394x480) Image search: [Google]
1414091932624.jpg
35 KB, 394x480
>>28670211
Start lifting son.
>>
>>28670211
Fuck you anime is a hobby, I feel great collecting. Deck out your room with all kinds of shit, it's fun. I'm so happy. I'm so so really happy with my life.
>>
>>28670356
I'm thinking about piano.
My problem is that I'm poor and wouldn't be able to spend a lot of money on lessons every month.
>>
>>28670211

Reading is probably the easiest if you have the attention span for it. What genres do you typically like?
>>
>>28670211
Piano is fun, especially jazz piano. Bit of a cost overhead unless you want a crappy electric piano. Kayaking's super calming if you're near the sea or a river. Personally I love amateur rocketry, Piano, bouldering, and 3D printing. Pretty fun, but they all are a little expensive desu
>>
>>28670379
I do, it's pretty much the only three hours of my week that I enjoy.

I'm not responding to autist shit btw.
>>
>>28670385
Learn jazz piano. I'm classically trained and I'm about to hate myself for saying this (IMO get really good at classical then move on to jazz and more music theory like stuff), but looking at chords and stuff and learning song structures is relatively easy on your own and you don't need a teacher, just some basic music reading skills and dedication
>>
Learn jazz guitar.
>>
>>28670385
Search lypur on YouTube he's the man. He has a theory course as well. He also seems to have slight autism which makes me feel safe t b h
>>
>>28670397
>>28670419
Yeah I'm gonna consider it I think. Thanks anon.
>>
>>28670211
drawing anime
speedrunning video games

but seriously try like...
basic programming
take an art class at a local community college. pottery, drawing, whatever
biking
volunteer at a nature center, animal shelter, whatever
reading is an obvious one
fuck, i dunno. hobbies suck.
>>
>>28670454
Oh shit thanks anon.
>>
Join a bouldering/ rock climbing gym
>>
Drawing and painting are cool but a lot of people give up cause they're not immediately good.
>>
File: sdgfdg.webm (403 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
sdgfdg.webm
403 KB, 1440x1080
>>28670211
Guns, man. They're awesome.
>>
>>28670211
If you live in a country with tolerable gun laws, pick up on shooting. Considerably more expensive than any other hobby but it's fun, engaging and has a lot of uses.
>>
>>28670502
Every one I go to is full of the normiest of normies but it is fun
>>
>>28670578
Consumerist no talent hobby tb.h. I could understand if you were a competitive shooter or something but you might as well be collecting anime figurines
>>
Read a goddamn book

blox
>>
warhammer 40k, all the chads play it.
>>
>>28670663
>implying I don't shoot in competitions

I mean I suck, but I still have fun. Shooting is mostly fun for me, with the added advantage of anime-figurine-collection joys and muh freedums.

IPSC, 3gun, service CQB, service rifle, F-class, and some skeet.
>>
File: 1452722889084.jpg (7 KB, 291x303) Image search: [Google]
1452722889084.jpg
7 KB, 291x303
>>28670663
>Consumerist no talent hobby tb.h.
>"consumerist"

So you've never been shooting? I take it that playing videogames and jacking off to chinese cartoons is a creative and engaging hobby.
>>
>>28670211
Go to a drawthread, any one, and fulfill someone's request.
>>
>>28670211
If you want to be productive then go work overtime.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7 KB, 237x212) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7 KB, 237x212
>>28670696
>muh poor reading comprehensive

I said that about collecting guns not shooting you clearly assblasted gun owner.
>>
>>28670741
The jews never quit goddamn just give us a break.
>>
>>28670322
this desu

read the kind of novels you learn about in history classes, read books on philosophy and politics. educate yourself. get to sound smart when you talk about them
>>
>>28670385
>lessons

dude wtf you have the internet just teach yourself
>>
>>28670211
/p/ here

Easiest hobby. Just press a button. You can go the artfag route and pretend you are making art and not literally what babies can do. You can also go the autist gearfag route and spend all your money on spec sheets and test charts so you can feel superior about what you own.

I take pictures of my family occasionally but most of the time I just walk around taking pictures of random stuff. People today don't have the interest in looking at photos for more than a second so people will appreciate what you do but the more effort you put into it the more disappointing it is when people don't match your expectations. Just do it for yourself and you'll be fine. You can use it to help you get laid but if you are not already getting laid it wont change your prospects.

10/10 hobby for people without talent or skill
>>
>>28670762
I just think OP's question is stupid because he's literally feeling bad about having hobbies that aren't 'productive'.
>>
>>28670211
I recently got into leather working.

It's a hobby, for what that's worth.
>>
I was going to say hunting, but you seem to dislike dangerous hobbies (no guns, urban exploration).
>>
>>28670211

Hobbies are basically any activities that you enjoy doing when you have spare time.
anything can be a hobby
if you like anime,vidya and movies..those are your fucking hobbies.
>>
Find something that allows you to create or study things
>learn a language
>botany & gardening
>cooking. Actually cooking, as in every week finding a new recipe to something you have never tried, not grilled cheezes and tendies
>a masculine craft skill such as wood or metal working, diy projects, ect
>write a novel, screenplay, or other literature
>learn how to design and work code
>getting /fit/
>breed cool fish and sell them
>find a group of something that interests you and start a project
>anything cool you wanted to do as a kid but gave up on as you grew up do to "impracticality" and "being too mature for it"

Hell, you can even lurk some of the other boards for ideas if you are that desperate. Eventually you will find something fulfilling.
>>
>>28670860
I wasn't the one putting down guns.
I'd like to take up hunting, but the hobby I'm looking for right now is one that I can throw a lot of time at.
>>
>>28670837
Your humble take on photography makes me happy. I love photography (responsible for many comfy threads) but it's so obnoxious when hipster normies act like they're some kind of enlightened artistic genius after being a "photographer" for two weeks and buying a 1000 dollar DSLR and the latest edition of photoshop.
>>
>>28670663
>being this much of a beta liberal
>>
File: ooNJHbO.png (92 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ooNJHbO.png
92 KB, 300x300
>>28670944
Lmao hardly
>>
>>28670211
why not nightwalks? have you tried nightruns?
>>
>>28670406
>three hours a week
>>
>>28671143
Not him but what's wrong with that? I thought an hour a day MWF was fairly standard?
>>
>>28670934
>hipster normies
Stop getting so hung up on what other people say and do. I shoot film and I don't give a shit what people think. I do what makes me happy.

I forgot to mention photography can be an expensive hobby. If you spend 1000$ in a beginner camera you will spend your entire time wishing to get a pro camera. If you spent 2000$ on some prosumer camera it will spend it's entire lifetime in a closet somewhere because you are afraid of damaging your expensive camera. You can go with film and spend 100$ on some old film camera with a lens. Once you start buying film and developing it you will end up having spent as much money as a new digital camera in a year or two. That's only a concern for people who care more about the cameras than the photos. If you just care about your photos your camera will always be perfect.

A 500$ camera will take identical pictures to a 3000$ camera in 95% of situations. Usually when you pay more you are paying for things that make taking the picture easier. They don't make the picture itself better, they just improve the process.

After you're broke you realize you just wasted all your money on outdated cameras when you should have invested in quality lenses. A 1000$ lens will aways be a 1000$ lens. A 1000$ digital camera is a 500$ dollar digital camera in a couple years.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.