[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's it like to be homeless?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1458577828748.jpg (21 KB, 854x697) Image search: [Google]
1458577828748.jpg
21 KB, 854x697
What's it like to be homeless?
>>
>>28669916
It's like living, but with no sanctuary
>>
File: 1463537072886.jpg (60 KB, 499x508) Image search: [Google]
1463537072886.jpg
60 KB, 499x508
>>28669948
It's like being backed into a corner at all times, and not having a wall at your back even then

There is no home to escape into, no bedroom, no bed, no roof, walls windows and door to keep the outside, outside.

There's not a safe place for anything, not even on you. Anything can be taken away, even your shoes or coat. Fuck, your life can be taken away.

Finding a place to sleep is a nasty hunt, all the best spots are fought over or prowled by cops. You probably won't have 4 walls or a roof, and have to constantly move every night.
Your very body is your vessel for survival. Getting food is a constant task, and you will always be hungry. It's boring and there's nothing more than time to spend.

Imagine having no Internet or computer access. Then take away being inside at all, especially overnight. Now that you're locked outside, you can't get access to food as easily. Where's money coming from? You have to scrap, scavenge, gather, dumpster dive, even hunt if all else is lost.

It's like being a caveman in the concrete jungle and nobody is on your side.
>>
>>28670083
Pretty sad
also the lack of clean water and don't having how to clean up the teeth
>>
>>28670083

This.

It forces you to be creative in how you approach any problems. Food? You might want to learn quick how to hunt. What about water? Can't really boil it. So hope you're upstream. Your only money comes from what you can scavenge. Be it soda cans or other means.

You go to sleep wondering if you'll wake up in the morning. You wake up to nothing. Or some critter next to you

I spent 6months homeless. I lived in a factory. There weren't that many hobos out on that side of the city. They tended to stay near the highway and the stores.

Winter was pretty bad. I about froze to death then. Constantly wet. Poor sleep. Always thristy too
>>
>>28670083
add ape shit heroin addicts meth monkeys
and whatever else happens to be roaming around
>>
Cold. Uncomfy. Boring. You spend all day looking for a spot to set up camp for a day unpess you're gutsy enough to claim a spot. When the sun sets you dig in the dumpsters of restaurants for a bit to eat. After dinner you sleep for 30 minutes at a time before the wind, bugs, paranoia, wakes you up. Also stealing. Breaking into cars and whatnot so you can make a few bucks pawning whatever valubles you can get.
>>
The trick for surviving the night is not sleeping. You have to keep moving, hopping between 24/hour stores to warm up your hands and feet, and not visiting the same ones two or even 3 nights in a row.

Sleeping during noon was my favorite time. Sometimes you can get a good hour in at busy fast food places.
>>
>>28670083
Gosh
I fell so relieved to have a warm and comfy room to sleep in. I should complain less about life and be thankful for what I have. That includes everything

Anyway, really depressed by now from reading all this. What a sad life must it be
>>
>>28670428
Also, for some reason, I'm now sexually attracted to my own sex. What a moving story.
>>
>>28669916
You're hungry and cold but there's a weird comfort in the daily rituals of just existing day to day.
>>
>>28670083
>>28670210
What if you have a car?
>>
>>28670083
>>28670210
Man, I really don't think I could handle being homeless. I spent one night out on the streets with no money because I had nothing to do and I realized I didn't feel safe sleeping anywhere really. Just that constant fear of not knowing if someone will take the little amount of shit you have or even your life is fucking unnerving. Made me realize why so many of the homeless people I see on a regular basis seem to have something wrong mentally.
>>
>>28670083
Why can't you just sleep in a woods? Seriously, are you fucking retarded? Water, yea, theres fucking drinking fountains everywhere.

food, eat it out of the trash, I literally do this already and I have money

only thing i would worry about is the police thinking im an eyesore on the community, that would be the end of me i think
>>
>>28671189
what if you dont live somewhere that has woods, or maybe just not safe woods
>>
Its like camping except you go hungry some times . All your energy is in bullshit survival minutae of and it can be boring
>>
>>28670083
>>28670210
>>28670267
>>28670793

It's sad that, on /r9k/ alone, there are this many anons who have had to experience the full reality of that mostly sober. In that circumstance, it almost makes sense to have a habit. It's simultaneously the carrot on the stick that makes you keep moving and the medicine that dulls the reality of how shitty your life is.
>>
>>28670850
Don't ask retarded questions
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.