[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1462140922748.jpg (98 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1462140922748.jpg
98 KB, 960x720
Do anti-depressants make you shit at Dark Souls?
I have over 100 hours in this game and have defeated all bosses solo.
Back in the day, I bet Manus and Kalameet first try like it was nothing.
After playing DaS3, I decided to go back to DaS1 for another playthrough but I've been playing terrible.
Most bosses have raped me easily and it took so long to get passed them.
Now I'm stuck at Kalameet & Manus and can't even get past a third of their health. Can't time my blocks or dodges right at all.
It's making me really depressed. I thought I was good at these games.
I got through DaS3 easily a couple weeks ago.
Since then my antidepressant dosage has doubled.
>>
Weed makes me insanely good at DaS. Kicked shit at 10:1 win ratio in PvP in both DaS2 and DaS3, as well as beat The Nameless King without using a single Estus.

Maybe try that?
>>
Dark souls doesn't have omnidirectional rolling, so you can only roll in four directions and it can fuck your shit up
>>
To answer your question, SSRIs essentially "clamp" your serotonin, hence why most people report feeling numb after taking them. That numbness could absolutely change your video game playstyle, for example you may play more aggressively since the numbness dampens your fear of death.
>>
>>28668416
Not sure about anti-depressants but benzos (anti-anxiety meds) can really fuck up your gaming skills.
>>
>>28668630
Wew lad. Good fucking explanation right there. Do you work with lab rats or something?
>>
>>28668987
Indeed, I test out different SSRIs/SNRIs on a lab rat, but the lab rat is actually just myself, experimenting with drugs in a desperate attempt to lessen my constant crushing depression and overwhelmingly awful brain chemistry.
>>
Mind altering drugs:drugs altering minD
>>
>>28669067
You buy that shit off the black market or some shit?

Anyways, SSRIs / SNRIs have no effect on gayming skills, and I generally play on a competitive level.
>>
>being this far into denial and typing up a thesis to explain how Dark Souls 3 is actually hard
>implying anyone beat Manus first try

in DS1, bosses don't jump 80 feet in the air and dash across the entire level to strike you.
>>
>>28669306
I wish I could kill you and send you to a hell with all the other DaS kids and watch you play DeS over a pit of acid where you fall in every time you die, and laugh and laugh and laugh
>>
>>28669306
I don't understand what you're trying to say.
When I bet Manus first try a couple years back, I just got lucky.
In that same playthrough, I got wrecked by O&S many times.
DaS3 was really good but it was fairly easy.
>>
File: DaS2 fall damage.webm (2 MB, 720x408) Image search: [Google]
DaS2 fall damage.webm
2 MB, 720x408
soulsborne thread?
soulsborne thread

>favorite weapon
>favorite npc
>favorite boss
>>
>>28669449
>moonlit sword
>crestfallen warrior
>Ludwig
>>
>>28669067
Cardio interval training got me off SSRIs.
>>
>>28669449
Demon greataxe (ds1)
Straid
Champion gundyr

I wish i had bloodbourne, played like 2 hours at a friends place and it was orgasmic, i fucking wish ds3 had its quality
>>
No. I played Dark Souls 1 before and after starting anti depressants, it was the same.
>>
>>28669449
did he died?
orgo
>>
File: tumblr_o67yicTSD71v7ec5to1_1280.jpg (548 KB, 1280x1079) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o67yicTSD71v7ec5to1_1280.jpg
548 KB, 1280x1079
>>28669449
>obligatory moonlight greatsword
>Siegward/siegmeyer of Catarina
>Abyss Watchers
>>
Is the Souls series a normie series now?
>>
>>28669449
>Mace (DS 2)
>Solaire of Astora
>Seath the Scaleless
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.