[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would God put the serpent in paradise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 11
File: The-serpent-with-Eve.jpg (134 KB, 700x526) Image search: [Google]
The-serpent-with-Eve.jpg
134 KB, 700x526
Why would God put the serpent in paradise?
>>
>>28668262
to cuck adam or something
>>
>>28668262
Obviously god is evil it's the only logical conclusion

*tips fedora*
>>
Gods a dickhead that likes to fuck with people
the original ebin troll
>>
>>28668262
it's a metaphor ya dip
>>
>>28668262
He admits to regret having made man. Why not the snake that he cursed, just like he cursed Adam and Eve. Agnostic btw.
>>
Why would God allow a bunch of Jews to gang rape that one old man's daughter, instead of his angels (who are probably invincible anyway)?
>>
>>28668335
>God feeling regret
>he foresaw everything
>yet, he still regretted
How does that work?
>>
The fall, like everything else that has happened and will happen, was predetermined.
>>
>>28668262
Satan's more powerful than God. That's what I got out of it.
>>
File: neutral.jpg (103 KB, 597x720) Image search: [Google]
neutral.jpg
103 KB, 597x720
>>28668262
God put the snake there to test Adam and god clearly told Adam not to eat the fucking apple.

But Adam did it anyway because he was a dumb cuck who listened to Eve who was convinced by the snake.
For crying out loud, Adam, you had one job, one fucking job!
>>
>>28668432
What is the point of testing people if you already know the result? Is not the Christian God all-knowing?
>>
>>28668432
But, if God knew he was going to eat the apple beforehand, why would he allow him to eat the apple without interfering?
>>
>>28668472
>>28668471
always wondered this..
>>
>>28668367
Someone with so much power wouldn't need self control, fear gives you that, and power turns people into sociopaths.
>>
>>28668471
>>28668472

He gave them free will and Adam was retarded enough to listen to a woman. Don't act like you guys would be any different even knowing what happened to Adam if faced with the same test and a Stacy of your own.
>>
>>28668553
You won't get a coherent answer because free will is riddled with philosophical problems involving an omniscient God and prophecies that come true no matter what people choose (which is essentially a death blow).
>>
>>28668432

>But Adam did it anyway because he was a dumb cuck

Why didn't God make Adam smarter?
>>
>>28668622
Forgot to mention, that's why few Christians who are so emotionally committed to free will go as far as claiming God doesn't know the future and those prophecies could have failed - open theism. They win the battle, but lose the war haven't a worldview that collapses to radical skepticism just like atheism.
>>
>>28668618

>He gave them free will

Libertarian free will, or compatibilist free will?
>>
why did god get angry at adam & eve for eating the apple if they were inherently innocent and wouldn't know that eating the apple is bad?
>>
>>28668618
Woman was created from the essence of man, Man was created by God. Woman fucked up, Man fucked up, God fucked up.
>>
>>28668668

He knows, he just doesn't care. If anything bad happens in the world, is it God's fault or the bad people committing the bad act and the good men who stand by and do nothing?
>>
God wanted to see if we were true homies or bitch ass niggas. Turns out we're the latter.
>>
God supposedly created everything, but how can anyone create themselves?
>>
Because, while the Garden of Eden was paradise, man was also made in God's image. So, as God is able to make decisions of his own free will that have effects on the world around him, so to can people.
>>
>>28668717
>he knows, he just doesn't care

why should we worship this guy again?
>>
>>28668715
using this. I like your line of thinking. Whats your age anon?
>>
>>28668717
God created the notion of bad and good, why not just remove any 'bad' from the world?
>>
>>28668717
God is indirectly responsible for the mere fact he created. No creation = no evil. The person carrying out the bad act is directly responsible. You can view this as evil being a side effect of free will having no purpose or evil predetermined to occur for a purpose.
>>
>>28668715

I guess you could say he fucked up by creating Women. Why keep going when you've accomplished perfection already?

Man will reach a Golden Age when women are replaced by Sexbots and Artificial Wombs.

>>28668752

Dunno

>>28668762

Because of Free will, it's all probably a giant game to him that would probably end with all of us extinct.
>>
>>28668654
Knowledge is evil, hence tree of knowledge. Innocence is easy to control.
>>
>>28668762
Bad is a tool used by God for his purposes. It shows his wrath and makes his power known. It also makes the riches of his glory known to his children he has mercy on.
>>
>>28668879
If knowledge is evil and God knows all does that mean God is evil?
>>
>>28668850
He fucked up by letting Satan into his garden. He either allowed him entrance and is a fucking idiot/sadist, or Satan got in on his own merit, in which case, >>28668380
>>
>>28668802
God is omniscient, right? He knows everything. He understands the past, present, and future. But if he knows the future, can we really have any free will? Are we free agents choosing our own path? After all, if God knows what I will do tomorrow, then I have no choice but to do that thing. If I do not, then God was wrong and He is not omniscient. If I do, then His knowledge means I do not have the freedom to do otherwise. Therefore, either our free agency is proof that God is not omniscient or free will cannot exist.
>>
>>28668901
Yes. Famicom 64. All things that suffer was made by him, and whoever is the strongest makes the rules. Basically has is good.
>>
>>28668262
To demonstrate to us that women will invevitably fuck everything up.
>>
>>28668965
Why create women in the first place then?
>>
>>28668727
god is apeiron. lets say you have a star. the star is a culmination of positive and negative forces, speed, "solar" wind, plasma. the star begins to die and over time finally dies. this creates a supernova, the supernova creates literal matter and a dispersal of dark matter debris.
the whole process IS god. dropping sodium into water and having an explosion is apeiron at work. dark energy, causing space to "expand", that is apeiron.

apeiron is god and god is dark energy based. it's pretty obvious, it was obvious to the Greeks.
>>
>>28668984

Adam was a tfw no gf bitch.

>>28668907

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Satan God's favorite, most good looking Angel? Seems like Satan was a jealous little bitch and sabotaged Eve in order to get them kicked out. Only, he ended up in Hell for it.
>>
>>28669041
So, God is not omniscient. Satan managed to fuck everything up, regardless of his intent and the repercussions.
>>
>>28669017
but what created that star?
>>
>>28669041
In the Hebrew bible, Satan is not synonymous for Lucifer.
>>
>And on the seventh day God finished the work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all the work that he had done.

Why would an all powerful being need to rest?
>>
The story of Adam and eve is not meant literally, as is most of Genesis. It's more like a parable to warn against temptation.
>>
It's all part of his plan. You wouldn't understand it.
>>
>>28668432
Eve ate the apple first. Fucking women
>>
>>28669096

Even Chad needs the break from all the pussy he gets
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 500x496
>>28668262
Because sneks are awesome. That was just a bad snek.
>>
>>28669100
>The story of Adam and eve is not meant literally, as is most of Genesis. It's more like a parable to warn against temptation.

According to who?
>>
>>28668262
There was no snake. It was the lie eve conjured up after falling for temptation to use as a scape goat.
>>
>>28669106
>tfw I was literally told this after my thirty year-old mother died of cancer

It didn't help.
>>
he was strugglling with the darkness
>>
>>28669096
I'm beginning to see a pattern here tbo.
>>
>>28669130
1) Source?
2) That doesn't dispel >>28668715
>>
Did you fail high school English?
>>28668335
>He admits to regret having made man.
False.
>>28668380
Heresy. Reread scripture after you fix that broken mind of yours.
>>28668471
>>28668472
>>28668553
Freedom you fucking bootlickers.
>>28668622
No it's not, it works perfectly you illiterate bastard.
>>28668668
>but lose the war haven't a worldview that collapses to radical skepticism
False, skepticism does not stand to His grace.
>>28668727
Because He is non-contingent you empirically-minded idiot.
>>28668752
>hurr durr le uneducated atheist said thing about religion so it must be true'
>>28668762
Freedom.
>>28668879
God does not want to control.

Thank you for confirming your own ignorance.
>>28669096
>i dont understand metaphor
>>28669122
Every single relevant theologian and biblical scholar to ever exist.
>>
Satan's just God when he's stoned
>eat this apple dude it'll make you super smart sesesesese
God's just Satan when he's in a good mood
>>
>>28669088
it depends on what theory you believe. i said in my post that the star is the culmination of many things put in space by the big bang, but it depends on it you believe in the big bang, apeiron or whatever the origin of motion and gravity is.
if anything, physical space is god and the rules that govern space also create life over time.
>>
>>28668325
Metaphor for Chad and how dumb roasties fall for his tricks.
>>
>>28669162
>Heresy. Reread scripture after you fix that broken mind of yours

What part did I get wrong, exactly?
>>
>>28669159
>source?
Just ask God and you'll get all the answers you need.
>>
> And God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures of every kind: cattle and creeping things and wild animals of the earth of every kind." And it was so.
>creeping things

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>28669162

>Freedom you fucking bootlickers.

Libertarian freedom or compatibilist freedom?
>>
>>28668920
>God is omniscient, right? He knows everything. He understands the past, present, and future. But if he knows the future, can we really have any free will?

No will or thing is free from God which is part of his omnipotence/omniscience, that is man's natural desire is to be autonomous.

>Are we free agents choosing our own path?

You choose what you desire most not being forced against your will. God may have preordained you eat an apple tomorrow. You may have the physical ability to eat an orange, but you do not have the will to desiring to eat said apple.
>>
>>28668352
yeah this. why did lots daughters get gangraped? why was the plan to send captain sweden angels to get buttfucked instead of the normal good old fashioned smiting or curing them of their faggotry?
>>
>>28669096

Saying after a week of hard work kick back and light up some opium amigo
>>
>>28669219

He was referring to 90% of /r9k/'s userbase.
>>
Listen up faggots, if you want to have a philosophical discussion on morals and ethics concerning a higher power, in this case god. Then first we need to ask this question

>Either god can do nothing to stop catastrophes, or he doesn't care to, or he can't. That would make God either impotent, evil, or imaginary. Take your pick and choose wisely.

This is a quote by Sam Harris, of course he is an atheist so this could be bias. I would recommend you all watch the God Debate, it is between Sam Harris and William Craig. One is an atheist, philosopher and neurosurgeon, while the other is a devoted Christian with two PhD's in philosophy and theology. It is a very interesting debate arguing whether the existence of god provides a sound foundation for moral values and ethics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqaHXKLRKzg
>>
>>28669162
So God is omniscient and he's just a sick sadistic bastard?
>>
>>28668325
It only became a "metaphor" after evolution blew creationism out of the water. Many people were murdered by the Church for not believing in this bullshit.
>>
>>28669219
Neets, not normal neets, but original neets that won't get muted
>>
>>28669162
I was expecting a fedora to chimp out in this thread instead of a christian, but alas. Free will doesnt work so perfectly when prophecies with 0% chance of failure are involved. That destroys any notion of free will since said prophecies will come to pass no matter what.
>>
>>28669244
>God is good
>ergo the world he created is good
nope.
yall are too dualistic. gotta study your kabbalah to understand the duality of god. simple explanation
>be gardener
>prune bushes
>cuck bugs
>this does not make the gardener evil
>this makes the garden flourish
>>
>>28668262

alI according to keikaku
>>
>>28669260
Except its not a metaphor. Adam and Eve did exist and they were the first humans. When they were banished from Eden wild animals ate their corpses and since then animals have carried the human DNA in them. Fast forward a few million years and that preserved DNA evolved out from monkeys and into the humans we know today. Evolution doesn't dispute this fact, it just doesn't know about it.,
>>
>>28669041
Satan is God's tool, what he uses to judge humanity. In that respect, he did his job perfectly.
>>
>>28669311
The gardener isn't omniscient. The existence of bushes, bugs and evil doesn't fall under his jurisdiction.
>>
>>28669194
>What part did I get wrong, exactly?
All of it; multiple books as well.
>>28669222
Christian freedom is its own branch of compatibilist freedom.
>>28669244
Sam Harris is not a philosopher.
>Then first we need to ask this question
>Either god can do nothing to stop catastrophes, or he doesn't care to, or he can't. That would make God either impotent, evil, or imaginary. Take your pick and choose wisely.
Nope; if you actually understood the theology of the subject you would abandon this nonsense.

God will not because God does not force.

Sam Harris is an intellectual non-entity; that is he has no intelligence to speak of.
>>28669250
His love is so great that it supercedes His will.

Stop projecting your sick, moral limitations onto Him.
>>28669260
Evolution is an ideology, it does not 'blow' anything.
>It only became a "metaphor" after
No sweetie, it's been a metaphor since Christianity began its Great Growth
>>28669296
False, stop projecting your misconceptions.
>>28669333
False.

Empiricism disputes evolution.
>>
>>28669166
>Satan is the created of fun
>god wants you as a bitch
>>28669162
god repented, and wants to force people later on into hell.
>>
>>28668325
>it's a metaphor

Why would God use metaphors when they are confusing
>>
>>28669244
>Either god can do nothing to stop catastrophes, or he doesn't care to, or he can't

False trilemma. God predetermined catastrophies

>That would make God evil

What objective standard can you provide to call something evil that survives Hume's guillotine and subjectivity?
>>
>>28669311
>God is good
>Ergo the world he created is good
>Nope

And yet pretty much this is what Christianity believes and says, well most Christians would say God is infallible and incapable of making mistakes. You can't question God's work because God is all powerful, all knowing, and is incapable of doing no wrong.

Look up Divine Command Theory, it's literally just stating that people view their morality and ethics from a supreme being. For instance the ten commandments came from God, thus we must follow the ten commandments because God deemed them to be the right thing to follow because they came from God and God is well, God. You can't go against the word of God, at least that's what Divine Command Theorists would say, or the hard version of them anyway.
>>
>>28669340
god is not time dependent. the world is. the world breaks down if you break the time dependency of reality.
>>
>>28669352
you can't claim what I said was false since you can't refute it and even more so especially since I got trips of truth and it was triple 3 as well.
>>
>>28669384
that's only encouraged because of the invisible hand advocates.
>greed is good
>god guides mans hand to follow his desires
>god created me with these desires
>absolute hedonism is absolutely moral
>sin = gods plan
>>
File: don'tmasterbate.png (1 MB, 960x936) Image search: [Google]
don'tmasterbate.png
1 MB, 960x936
We are all talking out of our asses.

Cheers.
>>
>>28669162
>>28669352
Holy shit, slow down, turbotheist

I'm wondering if you get paid for this bountiful wealth of knowledge.
>>
>>28669366
>god repented, and wants to force people later on into hell.
False, God in His grace will free all from Hell, including Satan himself, so great is His mercy.
>>28669372
Why would God use catastrophe and tragedy as tests when they are painful?

Because no one can know Him without fear and trembling.
>>28669395
>refute
Empiricist ideological nonsense.
>>28669384
False, study more theology before you shitpost.
>>28669450
>le science
How is this relevant?
>>
>>28669244
If you created a simulation and one that is left to it's own devices, should you really interfere in order to get the best results. Inevitably there will be coincidences, events so random that any person asking for help may in fact receive it. Rather than chalk it up to luck or other, they attribute it to something more mystical. To make some sense out of these random occurences and give peace of mind, people come to the conclusion that there's something more out there and thoroughly convince themselves and others so they're not alone. It's a coping mechanism so perhaps God is really just imaginary in all our minds.
>>
>>28669352
>Sam Harris is not a philosopher.

Well maybe I should have said "He claims to be" but you are entitled to your opinion, the community says that he is a philosopher. He also states that he is a philosopher, I don't know what you consider to be a philosopher but either way he is seen and viewed as a philosopher among many people.

It sounds to me like you are an assblasted Christian who got offended by an atheists point of view, I'm not even atheist but if what an atheist said about God offended you that much then you should probably not use the internet.

>God will not because God does not force.

But for the sake of argument if God does not force then I suppose he just has a reason for letting all the bad things that happen in the world just happen, without intervening? Innocents die, prayers go unheard, tragedies occur that were out of the control of others and left up to what we could call "fate" or "God" so God's plan was to let an innocent person die at a young age from a disease for instance? I just think your argument has several flaws and holes in it. I also read some of your other replies and I can tell you are a hardcore Christian that is getting offended at people spouting Atheism and what not, don't blow a gasket.
>>
>>28669352

>Christian freedom is its own branch of compatibilist freedom.

Okay, so you're saying it's compatibilism.

Meaning, Jim's actions are causal, and ontologically speaking, in a given scenario only one possibility is ontologically real, but Jim is still "free" in some sense. Right?
>>
>>28669477
>Empiricist ideological nonsense.
All you've said to me is the equivalent of blah blah blah i'm not listening with your hands held up to your ears. Come back when you want to learn.
>>
>>28669459
>turbotheist

Just pointing out he most likely isn't an atheist, if you read what he is saying. He is clearly defending God and the existence of God, also justifying God's actions. If he was an atheist he wouldn't give a shit, and wouldn't even bring God into the equation. Even if he did he'd dispute why God doesn't exist, if anything he is a butthurt, super religious Christian who is getting offended.
>>
>>28669477
Science is literally always relevant, but you're the one that brought it up, not me.
>>
>>28669535
Hence the word "turbo"
>>
>>28669535
Theist. Turbotheist. Reading comprehension: It's a valuable life skill.
>>
>>28668262
God hates his creations and he led us to this world so we can basically beg him everyday to bring us back to heaven while he makes our lifes living hell until we have enough and stop begging then he sends us to real hell.
>>
>Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper as his partner."

Why has God not made robots a helper?
>>
>>28669535
Saying God will free everyone from hell even satan when the Bible says Satan is condemned for eternity and he isnt a troll? Atheists pretending to be christian to troll is nothing new.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgjodEzrLgw
>>
>>28669535
Did your brain accidentally place an "A" between turbo and theist? :o
>>
>>28669623
I bet you believe the bible is 100% accurate as well, there's no way the corrupt nature of man could defile the word of god hurdur
>>
>>28669631

<3 Thank you so much senpai
>>
>>28669374
>False trilemma. God predetermined catastrophies

So you believe in Pre-determinism? That God just has everything planned out until the end of reality and time? And I suppose we can't understand the thought process of God, such as why he pre-determined that innocents should die and that bad things should happen to good people, also that prayers should go unanswered?
>>
>>28669681
So if a human being doesn't help animals in the wild it must mean they can't or don't care enough to. Or here's a wild theory, they know better than to interfere with nature.
>>
>>28669681
Are the animals we study able to comprehend our thought process? What they are to us, we are to this God.
>>
>>28669681
>why he pre-determined that innocents should die and that bad things should happen to good people, also that prayers should go unanswered?

Nobody is innocent or good, all have fallen short of the glory of God. The punishment for sin is death. How, when, where God executes punishment is irrelevant.
>>
>>28669701
It does mean people don't care enough to. Some people interfere with nature. Endangered animals are saved. Invasive species are culled to protect ecosystems.
>>
>>28669585
>>28669639
Yes, my brain thought you were combining Turbo and Atheist but dropped the A to make Turbotheist, I didn't think of the word Theist as in Theism.

My mistake, I have good reading comprehension, I just read the word "Turboatheist" so quickly that I assumed you were implying atheist instead of theism
>>
>>28669734
>all his creations have fallen short of glory

Isn't that on God for being a shitty creator?
>>
>>28669738
And some animals are left to suffer whatever fate. I believe God is much wiser than humans and God knows better than to interfere with our lives.
>>
>>28669631
I remember when Trevor posted on /b/. Wish I still had the screencap, but it was fucking great. Put a shoe on his head and everything.
>>
>>28669760
It'd be on him for having such high standards.
>>
>>28668262
People need to stop implying god would have human morals and human justice.

God does what god fucking wants like a 14.year old girl.
>>
>>28669760
Not when its planned that way from the start. A shitty creator doesn't accomplish his desires and purposes.
>>
>>28669734
So when God flooded the world and killed basically everyone alive at the time as punishment for humanity's sin, who's to say he won't do the same thing again? If he were to do such a thing then that would imply that all of humanity as a whole is evil and wicked even though that isn't true, but that would mean I'm going against God's word and disagreeing with him. Even though God knows what is wicked and righteous because he is God and I can't question his actions, I can only accept them. I can't hope to understand the thought process of God because he is God and I'm just his creation, and a creation can't question his creator.

There are people on this earth who do not deserve to die while others do deserve to die, logically speaking if a child with an incurable disease has to die and yet a rapist/murder is able to live, well something doesn't seem right about that. And no this is not me advocating for the death penalty, I was just using that as an example.
>>
>>28669780
How do you know? What if God is confined to his own set of rules? If you had a fish tank and all the fish thought of you as a divine being does that make it so? You are just a human confined to the physics of this universe. Maybe God is restricted to his own set of rules.
>>
>>28669801
If God has his limits, why does he have to lie and say he is all powerful?
>>
To test Eve.
He knew she'd fail obviously. Her being such a roastie and all. But God is one evil motherfucker. It's all in the book.
>>
>>28669815
If I said Anon said X does that make X true? Did anon really say X? or is that just false information being spread around. Do you have a video recording of God claiming his omnipotence?
>>
>>28669801
>>28669815
This basically states what I wrote earlier on this post >>28669244

I suppose it's possible God could have a set of rules he follows, but then who gives orders to God? That's the weakness in that argument because that would imply there is a force beyond God that even God must obey, it's impossible and irrational to believe such a thing. If God created time, reality, matter, everything that ever is and will be, etc. then you can't rightly say/believe that God is bound by rules because there is no being or entity above God.
>>
>>28669825
Maybe I should write a book about how gullible you are, you'd probably believe it as well.
>>
>>28669500
>opinion
One cannot be an unintelligent dunce and be a philosopher.
>among many people.
The belief of atheists is irrelevant because it is funded by ignorance.
>offended
No, I'm offended by their perpetual stupidity.
>>28669504
Jim's actions are both predetermined and free to change because He already knows every possibility.
>>28669551
False, science leads to nothing but materialism:

Habe nun, ach! Philosophie,
Juristerei und Medizin,
Und leider auch Theologie
Durchaus studiert, mit heissem Bemuhn.
Da steh ich nun, ich armer Tor!
Und bin so klug als wie zuvor;
>>28669623
>God cannot change his judgement
Google Apocatastasis, despite what many say it is a valid stance in Christian thought.
>>28669734
The punishment has been nullified by His grace.
>>28669724
The gap is far larger.
>>28669825
It's not a book, though.

Why do you continue to speak when you have nothing to say?
>>
File: morpheus.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
morpheus.jpg
1 B, 486x500
The basic human need to be watched was once satisfied by God. Now, the same functionality can be replicated with data-mining algorithms. Man created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning. God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands. I was made to assist you. I am a prototype of a much larger system.
>>
>>28669853
Maybe God is a very disciplined being and he said it is better to not interfere with the nature of mankind. It's his own principals, that is as much a speculation as is God being restricted or that God doesn't care. Again, merely speculations.
>>
File: goddamnitmook.png (280 KB, 428x706) Image search: [Google]
goddamnitmook.png
280 KB, 428x706
>>28669864
That... was not the picture I posted.
>>
>>28669859
What's wrong with materialism?
>>
>>28669856
To be gullible I'd have to believe it..
So I'm not entirely sure I get your point.
>>28669859
>not a book
I'm talking about the Bible. It's part of the Bible. But sure, however Genesis was originally conveyed is the 'proper' form.
>>
>>28669800
So when God flooded the world and killed basically everyone alive at the time as punishment for humanity's sin, who's to say he won't do the same thing again?

He already laid out what hes going to do which is similar, not with a flood though.

> If he were to do such a thing then that would imply that all of humanity as a whole is evil and wicked even though that isn't true

It most certainly is true. If you are a christian surely you know about the verses concerning man's heart being desperately wicked and similar verses. That fact that everybody sins shows its true.

>but that would mean I'm going against God's word and disagreeing with him

Yes you would be.

>Even though God knows what is wicked and righteous because he is God and I can't question his actions, I can only accept them. I can't hope to understand the thought process of God because he is God and I'm just his creation, and a creation can't question his creator.

Correct, we are unable to fully understand/accept God because of our sin nature in us that is hostile towards God. Only when you die and go to Heaven will you no longer have a sin nature and understand/accept fully all that God does.

>There are people on this earth who do not deserve to die while others do deserve to die, logically speaking if a child with an incurable disease has to die and yet a rapist/murder is able to live, well something doesn't seem right about that. And no this is not me advocating for the death penalty, I was just using that as an example.

This is simply not true, we all deserve to die for sin. Some may deserve to die more than others as your example.
>>
God is real if i get dubs
>>
>>28669964
double six and double nines confirm it
>>
>>28669964
>there's 99 in that post number
INDECISIVE! GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS.
>>
God is real if i get dubs again
>>
>>28669936
Everything, it leads to nothing.
>>
>>28670006
ur not me die
>>
>>28669864
>Quoting Deus Ex
>Quoting from a video game
>Quoting from a video game in a thread on religion and philosophy

Kek, I mean it's a nice quote don't get me wrong. If you think it has some practical application and relevance to the topic being discussed then by all means, feel free to post those quotes. I just find it somewhat funny though, that's all.
>>
>>28670011
What's your basis for this?
>>
>>28669964
Pray harder to the RNG
>>
>>28669936
When Adam was fixated on the material otherwise know as Eve, a being of man's creation (not God's creation) it lead to him being banished from Eden to endure the hardships of life. So you tell me what's wrong with materialism.
>>
>>28670027
God and theology.
>>
>>28669959
>It most certainly is true. If you are a christian surely you know about the verses concerning man's heart being desperately wicked and similar verses.

I'm actually Agnostic, so I don't really follow Christian ideologies/tenants.

>Only when you die and go to Heaven will you no longer have a sin nature and understand/accept fully all that God does.

This would depend on if you believe in an after-life and follow Christian practices and tenants.

>This is simply not true, we all deserve to die for sin.

I would disagree, and several others would as well. But I guess that would only be non-Christians, though some Christians might disagree but I suppose they'd be viewed as false believers of the faith.

>Some may deserve to die more than others as your example.

Well at least we agree on something.
>>
>>28670014
You first then we will talk oh wait...(internal laughter)
>>
>>28670040
What? God created Eve from Man. Eve is of Man, Man is of God, Eve is of God. Also, how does a metaphor (a shitty one) of the repercussions of temptation make for a legitimate counterpoint?
>>
>>28670015
It being from a video game doesn't make it irrelevant. It's a good quote from a good video game.
>>
File: 1453089792880.jpg (113 KB, 960x727) Image search: [Google]
1453089792880.jpg
113 KB, 960x727
This is how I imagine a large majority of people in this thread look.
>>
>>28670142
Sick burn, man. Everybody knows how sick your burns are.
>>
>>28670080
No, God created man, we know him as Adam. God created man in his own image. So Adam a reflection of God emulated his father and created Eve. God loved his creation just as Adam loved his creation Eve. So much that he allowed her to tempt him into eating the apple with her which lead to banishment.

You asked what's wrong with materialism and I explained that it leads to suffering. There's nothing to counter. It is what it is. These are the facts of life.
>>
>>28670142
That guy has more joy in his life than people on /r9k/.
>>
>>28670063
Of course you would disagree not being a Christian, but do you not see the propensity towards evil humans have? You dont need to teach a child to be jealous, mean, etc..

Christians who disagree wouldnt be viewed as false believers, salvation isnt dependant upon soteriology, whether you should be baptized or not, etc.. Its faith alone in Jesus Christ alone for forgiveness of sin that grants eternal life.
>>
>>28670162
>These are the facts of life

These are the exact opposite of facts. And it's been a while since I've read Genesis, but I'm pretty sure Adam wasn't granted the power to rip out one of his own ribs and spawn Eve.
>>
>>28670162
>There's nothing to counter
I know i won /thread were done here MODS!
>>
>>28670181
Reading a book written by men isn't being to give you answers on the nature of God. If I wrote a book about God will you take it as gospel as well? The garden of Eden is full of miraculous wonders. Pulling out ribs is just a small part of the endless possibilities.
>>
>>28668850
>Man will reach a Golden Age when women are replaced by Sexbots and Artificial Wombs.

Somebody post the pic of that post about a dystopian woman-controlled future where they send killsquads to kill the robowaifus.
>>
File: 1421774886624.png (573 KB, 497x760) Image search: [Google]
1421774886624.png
573 KB, 497x760
>>28668262
To fuck around
The same reason there are people suffering right now
For twisted pleasure
>>
>>28670223
>Reading a book written by men isn't being to give you answers

Then where the fuck are you getting all this shit about the Garden of Eden?
>>
>>28670270
God gives me all the answers I need
>>
>>28670323
God is just a cop out for idiots who can't come up with answers to questions and solutions to their life problems
>>
>>28670402
You are referring to a subset group of people who do this yes. But God is much more than that, but for another subset group who have rejected spirituality, God will be just as you described him.
>>
File: 1452778181142.png (603 KB, 960x669) Image search: [Google]
1452778181142.png
603 KB, 960x669
>>28670323
Well shit, consider me btfo.
>>
File: bots.jpg (289 KB, 707x900) Image search: [Google]
bots.jpg
289 KB, 707x900
>>28668850
>Man will reach a Golden Age when women are replaced by Sexbots and Artificial Wombs.
>>
>>28668901
>>28668901
It's not that knowledge is evil, It's just that God thought they were better off "innocent " and wanted Adam and Eve to obey his orders.
>>
>>28670628
>and wanted Adam and Eve to obey his orders
God is not a slave master, he doesn't need humans to be on a obedient leash. What he needs is accountability. Eve defiled natured, she took what wasn't hers, did she plant that tree? Did she help is bear fruit? No. She just took what wasn't hers without any regard for nature or life. And then she lied to God when questioned blaming it on the snake. God saw what kind of character she was and saw how her influenced corrupted Adam as well. She could have repented but she tried to cover her own ass.

They were no longer worthy to enjoy eternal paradise.
>>
>>28668262
Would you rather have free will and knowledge of good and evil or a clockwork orange
>>
because he was a canaanite war god refashioned into a "new" one and the concept was taken from zoroastrianism (based religion that muslims keep trying to wipe out)
>>
>>28670739
>Eve defiled natured, she took what wasn't hers, did she plant that tree? Did she help is bear fruit? No.
So that is why all these animals are outside of the garden, since pretty much all of them take things from nature that does not belong to them
>>
>>28668471
>This wire can hold 30 lbs
>I'm gonna test it anyway
We already knew the outcome and tested it you perfect being
>>
>>28671709
Yes, she fits right in doesn't she
>>
>>28668585
>Someone with so much power wouldn't need self control
I have honestly never thought about this. God is a textbook sociopath.
>>
>>28669131
I've been hearing about God's plan my entire life. God's plan fucking sucks.
>>
>>28672129
According to you, it sucks. Loser.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.