[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Atheists not realize that by believing that in rationality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: 1457185653424.jpg (109 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1457185653424.jpg
109 KB, 480x608
Why do Atheists not realize that by believing that in rationality and empiricism, they by proxy believe in God, being it theist or deist?

God's laws are absolute mathematical truths, and if you believe in objectivity, you believe in God's laws and therefore believe in God.
>>
>>28667286
Bad ontological argument.

Atheists are however the most mindless people to ever exist.
>>
>>28667286
>God's laws are absolute mathematical truths
Except they aren't. Name one mathematical proof for god. Or any scientific proof at all for that matter.
The burden of proof is on you anon, so if you want your claims to be taken seriously I suggest you stop talking out of your ass.
>>
File: 31801333.jpg (116 KB, 466x324) Image search: [Google]
31801333.jpg
116 KB, 466x324
>>28667286
>Why do Atheists not realize that by believing that in rationality and empiricism, they by proxy believe in God, being it theist or deist?

Pic related is you
>>
>>28667453
The existence of mathematical proofs are themselves evidence for the existence of God.

This is a sneaky argument for intelligent design.
>>
File: thetrumpgoldenrectangle.jpg (47 KB, 640x395) Image search: [Google]
thetrumpgoldenrectangle.jpg
47 KB, 640x395
>>28667453

> Except they aren't. Name one mathematical proof for god. Or any scientific proof at all for that matter.
The burden of proof is on you anon, so if you want your claims to be taken seriously I suggest you stop talking out of your ass.

>>
>>
File: 1453744411886.png (426 KB, 599x577) Image search: [Google]
1453744411886.png
426 KB, 599x577
Mathematics are a universal a priori condition that human cognition inherently requires to perceive reality.
Mathematics applies to reality because we are the source of mathematics and also the source of reality, because every outside sensory information must necessary be cognized by our mind.
There is no need for God
>>
>>28667548
The thinking entity is God, for He controls all reality, since the mind encompasses all.
>>
File: question mark cat.jpg (48 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
question mark cat.jpg
48 KB, 500x375
>>28667548
then where is the source of the universe, mathematics can not explain how the universe was created, or who/what created it.
mathematics can help explain how some parts of it work
>>
>>28667612
Spinoza please go

>>28667628
Such a question is an impossibility of human cognition. Humans will always be led astray by questions that have no bearing in human reality. If it's not possible for you and me to perceive it and cognize it, then our minds will never be up to the task of understanding it, and we would both just go at each other with blind guesses
>>
>>28667548
sleep tight Plato
onahole
>>
>>28667286
ITT: i dont understand something therefore god.
>>
Just believe in whatever makes your life easier you fucking dirty faggot
>>
>>28667286

Atheist here. I don't reject the idea that the universe has a structure to it. I reject the idea that said structure is set in place by an omniscient creator/ongoing maintenance being. Religion's idea of divine justice (religion dependent) is also ridiculous but that's a secondary to the main point.
>>
>>28667453
>mathematical proof
kek
>scientific proof
TOP KEK
Science doesn't try to prove anything. Fucking illiterate empiricists.
>>28667548
False, there is.
>reality
Reality isn't defined
>>28667786
>empiricism results in understanding
You do realize 'understanding' is inherently anti-science yes?

It is a constraint and thereby (is one of many things that) make the scientific method an absolute joke.
>>28667929
>Religion's idea of divine justice (religion dependent) is also ridiculous but that's a secondary to the main point.
Why? Because the justice is enacted upon trash like you?
>I reject the idea that said structure is set in place by an omniscient creator/ongoing maintenance being.
Why? Because it hurts your ego?
>>
>>28667286
The idea of God is actually so god damn stupid

>Don't understand how something happens?
>God did it with his magic powers, also no one has ever seen or heard him and you will suffer if you don't listen to /my extremely specific rendition of belief here/

If you're unironically Christian you should just give all your money away to charity, starve to death and then receive eternity in Heaven
Oh what you're not gonna do that because it's somehow immoral?
Not because you know deep in your heart that it's all feel-good bullshit?
How convenient, remember there's no actual rules to God so you can just make shit up as you go.
Also this is somehow 'objective' or 'scientific'
Kill yourself OP
>>
>>28668085

why you mad tho?
>>
>>28668085
The scientific method is a joke? Guess you have to be a religiontard to think this

>Why? Because it hurts your ego?
Holy shit are you projecting or what?

>not accepting something as fact without evidence means you're protecting your ego
epic
>>
>>28667286
mathematics is built from axioms that are true only because we say they are and give answers we expect
>>
>>28667286
i'm an omniscient absurdist. the world exists because i perceive it. so, in a way, i do believe in a god. myself. actually, it's funny because even though i type this, the response is only a figment of my imagination crafted to one of the ways i think a person would respond
>>
>>28668126
Understanding is a fallacious claim as highlighted: >>28668085
>God did it with his magic powers,
Are you a fucking child?
>If you're unironically Christian you should just give all your money away to charity, starve to death and then receive eternity in Heaven
Nope, please read scripture before spouting out your childish Reddit misconceptions of it. Christianity is not about absolute faith and devotion, it is about challenged faith and anxiety.
>also no one has ever seen or heard him
There's that cancerous empiricist mindset at work; why would a being searching for virtue make himself known, especially when the Cult of Reason has grown so large?
Why do you think a being that is intrinsically transcendental (i.e. not material or natural) be explainable or observable through a material, natural lens?
>Not because you know deep in your heart that it's all feel-good bullshit?
Christianity is infinitely more difficult than: "ITS ALL GONNA GET BETTER BECAUSE ITS 2016 AND WE ARE NOW BETTER THAN WE WERE BEFORE" or whatever is trending amongst you tools these days.
Because you know, it's an absolute suspension of all assurance, security, and ethics.
But you wouldn't know that because you have no comprehension of theology.
>Also this is somehow 'objective' or 'scientific'
Yes, it by definition is objective.
Science is a subjective circle-jerk of a joke that has traded fulfillment for brief pleasures and conveniences.
The ideology of empiricism requires the presumption that the world is knowable
>How convenient, remember there's no actual rules to God so you can just make shit up as you go.
False again, scripture and divine presence and influence are the mortal arbiters. Why do little idiots like you post on things you know absolutely nothing about? You have a child's understanding of Christianity and religion in general, and are somehow proud of it?
That's like me going: "EMPIRICISM IS JUST FUCKIGN SEEING SHIT MAN THATS FUCKING STUPID"
>>
>Guess you have to be a religiontard to think this
I am more intelligent than you could ever possibly be.
>Holy shit are you projecting or what?
Somebody has never read scripture.
>not accepting something as fact without evidence means you're protecting your ego
Why do you need fact or evidence? Why do you think either exist?

Fucking ideologues don't even try to defend themselves.
>>
>>28667286

Why do religious fanatics believe that by inventing and then presenting both the question and the answer they are engaging in an intelligent debate?

There is no greater sign of intellectual weakness than presuming your oppositions opinion.
>>
>>28668561
>fanatics
WOW A STRAWMAN SO LE RATIONAL AND INTELLIGENT XDDDDDD I AM LE INTELLIGENT BECAUSE I AM LE ADEIST HAHAHA XDDD SO SMART FOR BEING A MASSIVE HYPOCRITICAL SUBHUMAN
>>
"absolute mathematical truths" are barely even truths, they're just strings with truth values in the context of a logic system defined by assumed axioms

i'm not even atheist
>>
>>28668676

Thanks for proving my point perfectly with a complete over reaction to a reasonable assessment of what you are while totally refusing to acknowledge the point made.

You can stop posting now, you anti intellectual retard.
>>
>>28668796
>reasonable
Reason is a spook propagated by mindless empiricists.
>you anti intellectual retard.
Projecting.

Empiricism is by definition, anti-intellectualism because it constraints intellectualism to itself.
>>
It creeps me the hell out when people can't tell the difference between searching for answers and protecting ideas they've already settled on.
>>
>>28668905

>still ignoring the point and changing the subject.

Thanks again for admitting I'm right and called you out perfectly.
>>
>>28668466
oh hey look, an actual intelligent person

people in this thread should read Divine Science: Finding Reason at the Heart of Faith by Michael Dennin
>>
>>28667286
Mathematical turhts are absolute only given their own axioms...and even then, they can form self-referential sentences/structures that are undefinable.

Truth in science is provisional. You are never proven right, just "less wrong" with each iteration of the most accurate model of reality (or aspect of it).

See Tarski undefinability theorem for a better picture of all this.
>>
>>28669063
There is no point in your blank, blank mind.
>>28669164
'less wrong' is subjective
>>
this post is lame

and you're all faggots for debating this and thinking you're profound

you're just debating people who will never change their opinion, it defeats the purpose of a debate
>>
File: Squidward deflates.gif (491 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Squidward deflates.gif
491 KB, 256x192
>>28668466
>cancerous empiricist mindset
>Cult of Reason
>>
>>28669188
Given a clear theoretical framework that seems to describe and predict the relevant phenomena, it is not.
>>
>>28669188
>There is no point in your blank, blank mind.

There was a perfectly reasoned point and you are so deplorably unintelligent you reacted by throwing a childish tantrum and refused to acknowledge it and are continuing to do this in the hope I'll give up.

You're objectively wrong and you know it.
>>
>>28669211
>no argument
wow so reasonable
>>28669247
>predict
This implies that what was expected to happen, happened.

This requires one to presume that observation is correct (for both instances.)

Which requires presumption that the world is knowable.

Which requires presumption that the world has structure and purpose.
>>28669321
Aw, he thinks he's intelligent for using a condescending tone.

Atheist trash have no points because they are bankrupt.
>>
>>28667286
I FUCKIN KNOW BRO

Atheist fuck me that just get my GOAT (get it),
Profane motherfuckers, They're always in my face.

The other day was just riding home happily and there was likle 7 atheist and they demanded i stopped. After about ten minutes of them trying to debate me (good luck) they all just starteed crying and one of them received the light right in front of me. you wouldnt beleive this cuck fawning over me like, oh my god where do i get my born again virgin, all of he atheist women apparently keep trying to cuck him and peg him all day. He saw the righteous life i was living and just broke down, Fucking black peaple amirite
>>
why are there christians on the 4chan anyways

would jesus approve of this
>>
>>28669404
>our perceptions may be incorrect
>that can only mean one thing: Jesus
>>
>>28669496
Would the Lord approve of me both explaining and defending the faith?

Yes.

My methods are the only thing up for judgement, but they are the only thing that work with you people in seems.
>>
>>28669594
Do you not understand faith, or do empiricists actually believe that they are faithless?
>>
File: whips-out-katana.gif (407 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
whips-out-katana.gif
407 KB, 500x373
>this bread desu senpai baka
>>
File: 1463628573070.png (51 KB, 128x131) Image search: [Google]
1463628573070.png
51 KB, 128x131
>peaple
the cherry on top of an exquisite post
A+
>>
>>28667286
But I dont believe in objectivity. I do however believe in determinism.
>>
File: 1460800785525.jpg (32 KB, 774x500) Image search: [Google]
1460800785525.jpg
32 KB, 774x500
Threads like these are funny because you get to see both sides shitposting. When you boil it down there really is no difference between people believing different philosophies aside from their opinions.
>>
>>28667286
>gifted and talented
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.