[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a job as a cashier at a grocery store what should I expect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1459099490880.jpg (20 KB, 583x616) Image search: [Google]
1459099490880.jpg
20 KB, 583x616
I got a job as a cashier at a grocery store what should I expect?

I also may have to do an occasional delivery
>>
I wouldn't really expect anything in particular other than shit wages, getting bitched at from time to time, and having your back hurt from standing for so long.
>>
>>28666880
>I got a job as a cashier at a grocery store what should I expect?

Lots of rude people, standing in place for hours, annoying sounds coming from every direction, general misery to the highest imaginable caliber

Have fun, wagie
>>
Dont be one of the fuckers who trys to make small talk. just shut the fuck up and ring up my shit, if some one starts talking to you just nod and try not to think suicidal thoughts
>>
>>28666880
Get ready to put on a smile for every customer. Fun times with coworkers, unexpected conversations on a range of topics. Expected encyclopedic knowledge of every product you sell and its location. Occasionally disgruntled customers who blame you for their lack of grasp over their own finances. And more!!! I envy you op.
>>
>>28666970
the people that want to talk outweigh the people that would prefer you to just do your job unfortunately.
i used to hate talking to people when i worked register but whenever the situation's reversed i wanna slap the teenage cunt that can't even be bothered to say hi back when she rings my shit up.
>>
Is it hard to give people their change quickly?
I've always been autistic when it comes to this and its why I get scared shtless of doing a job like this.
>>
Hope you don't live near slot of blacks & Mexicans
>>
>>28667272
Mostly rich white people
>>
I've worked in 2 grocery stores. First one was ghetto as fuck. Did that for 7 years while dealing with ghetto ass customers who were pretty nice and likable.
2nd job was in a nice area surrounded by soccer moms, football dad's and spoiled little shits running around. Even my manager can tell where I come from nd thinks he's better than me.
>>
>>28667523
I've had the opposite experience , ghetto trash treated me like shit & rich folks were nice as fuck to me
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.