[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else here have trouble forming and opinion? I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Does anyone else here have trouble forming and opinion?
I have a really hard time choosing what stance to defend about most topics because I feel like there's a million things I don't know. Even if I've read about the subject, I feel like I don't know enough about it because, well, whatever I read could have different degrees of truth to it and I'll never know unless I dedicate countless hours to studying it.

I really don't understand how people can take a political stance so lightly, unless current or future policies directly affect them. Whatever opinion they have, how sure are they of it?
>>
Please take a break from all the frog and chadposting and contribute.
>>
If you took five minutes to study something you probably know more about it than most of the people you'll talk to. Trust your gut on these things. This combined with a center in logic and the right information can be very persuasive. Intelligent debate, for one side or the other, usually fosters more responsible attitudes. Don't shy away from it.
>>
>>28666090

I guess this autistic behaviour comes from me being an industrial engineer and having studied tons of statistics. Not that I remember much of it but I have the imperative need of counting with big volumes of information to present a decent argument.
>>
>>28665900

Oh, in other words, you're a rational human being who prefers to make important decisions after some deliberation.

Well, that's no longer necessary in an era where people know more about what Kim Kardassian had on her lunch date with the Dominion than they do about current legislation that might actually affect their lives.
>>
>>28666188

Yeah but I feel I care waaaay too much and I could probably form a decent opinion with less information than I feel is necessary.

The problem is that, in the end, I don't investigate shit about the topic at hand and remain opinionless once again.
>>
>>28666274
You probably could, but then you'd just be another guy arguing without ammunition and that is not the way of an informed person. It sounds like you could make some very useful contributions to a debate. Don't try to carry the room. Let more emotional personalities do that, but chip in where it is appropriate. Sometimes even taking another side to the issue momentarily can stimulate more productive talks. If you are correcting an obvious error or oversight based on what you know to be true, then you cannot go wrong. Have faith in your intuition, have your facts straight, and you will do just fine. Rational supporting arguments are always welcome, even if some people might get flustered about it.
>>
>>28665900
Fuck's up with all the Hildernposting?

You know what, keep it up. I'll take this over cuckposting any day.
>>
>>28666663

Yeah, what I meant was that I shouldn't try to aim to know it all because there's no way you can be 100% sure in things like what's best for the economy, society, etc.

Those were good tips, anon. It's a pity you missed that HEXA GET though. Probably some dumb frogposter got it. Let's see..

>>28666666
>>
>>28666730

I've seen it a gazillion times and I picked it from the top of my mind when I created this thread. Haven't seen any Hildernposting that's not this very pic.
>>
>>28666188

People were always like this. There's more entertainment available these days granted, but we've always seized on the insubstantial. Too bad the elites don't care about educating the lower classes; it'd be better for everyone in the long run. They'd prefer the self-fulfilling prophecy of the ignorant masses.
>>
>>28665900
I pretend to have an opinion. I just like seeing the reactions.
>>
OP is one of those few non-arrogant humans who doesn't act like they know everything, gotta give credit for that.

most people just bullshit and form opinions based on bullshit.
>>
>>28666274

Even if you have an informed opinion, you very likely won't be in a position to do anything about it. It just frustrates you. Willful ignorance is common. For instance I've actually tried to keep up with what's going on in Syria. It's hard as there's not much quality reporting going on, especially at the macro level. Tracey Shelton being a rare exception. But it's exhausting to keep up on it and no one else cares. The most important things going on we're either too disconnected to hear about or the powers that be quite reasonably don't want the public talking about.
>>
>>28666090
>Trust your gut on these things.
>can be very persuasive
>Don't shy away from it.
you're barking up the wrong tree
that shit only works out well for the right sort of person
>>
>>28666759
It's an unusual person who can appreciate the raw beauty of an integer, but at 6 concurrent repetitions of the same numeral and with a total of 10 prime factors that GET is indeed one hot number. Anyway, you don't need to be completely sure of anything most of the time. Ultimately the point of a debate is more the thing itself, to create a dialogue of sorts, not which side of it you are on unless you're a legislator or someone with a personal stake in it. That's my point of view on it anyway.
>>
>>28665900
Same here op, there's too much to think about, consider it being too self aware
>>
>>28666863

OP here. I get frustrated mostly because I'm from Argentina and politics is a huge fucking deal here. I know that statement can be applied to every country except for, say, North Korea but the level of proselitism has increased exponentially and, as expected, so have both the frequency and the intensity of debates among common folk, to the point that friendships and relationships were damaged and/or destroyed.

Everything, all the way from taking the subway to legalizing abortion and going to university involves politics and I don't feel identified with any party's ideology and/or agenda.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.