[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw unabIe to find a job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 509x339) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 509x339
>tfw unabIe to find a job
>>
File: iasip.png (694 KB, 810x539) Image search: [Google]
iasip.png
694 KB, 810x539
Honestly I was jobless so long and getting rejected I wish they'd just shoot us all. If they want poor people to die they might as well just put us out of our misery instead of watching us suffer.
>>
You can easily find a job, you're just unwilling to lower your standards to something below your station.
>>
>>28665037

i mean, once you've stooped that low, you might as well just stoop a little lower and blow your brains out.
>>
u just arent tryin hard enuff XD
u must not of applied at mcjobs xD
u idiod jus shake the mangers hand

jus b ursrlf XDD
>>
>>28665037
I've applied for about 100 cleaning and factory jobs and haven't got a response from one

welcome to Australia
>>
>>28665003
agree desu

probably kiIIing myself soon anyway
>>
>>28665133
do you live in Melbourne?
>>
Apply at a WalMart. Click that you're able to do a shit ton of jobs. Even ones you don't give a shit about doing like selling jewelry or working in the shoes department or doing deli. Mark down your availability to 24/7 and send it out to every WalMart you can think up off the top of your head, and then neighbors of those WalMarts.

Don't do the survey. It's a trap. You don't actually even have to do it. I fucking didn't and got hired on immediately. If there's a WalMart being developed in a neighboring city make sure you apply to that shit because their hiring is way fucking lenient.

Failing that there's always Craiglist. I've seen lots for unloading trucks and recruitment drives to work at fast food places on that shit. Finding a job is easy as shit. It's being hired that's the hurdle.
>>
>>28665037

I drew the line at caring for people, knocking on doors and call handling/cold calling, I got more and more desperate as time went on and 5 months after losing my engineering apprenticeship I got a job washing dishes in ikea, was truly worst two weeks of my life, then I got taken for a new KFC store that was opening, then it did shit so went to the McDonald's down the road.

Hang in there lad, it's all about luck. Jobs faires and open days are maybe your best bet
>>
>>28664954
>tfw 0 experience and got a job paying 60k / year base salary
feels jewish man
>>
>>28665389
Adelaide

blox
>>
>>28665774
How the fuck, let me guess, you had connections
>>
>have retail job
>loathe it
>dread it every day
>want to quit but don't have any other job lined up
>could get another job, but it would just be another retail job
>too accustomed to having an income and am scared to be without it
>job gave me insurance, have never used it, but am now scared to lose it
>>
>>28665584
>hang in there, you might get a shit job at a fast food place if you're lucky

when did it get so dire
>>
>>28665037
You are right, tomorrow I'm applying to be a lab rat for big pharma to test dangerous drugs in.
Oh wait I'm too fat to be elegible
>>
I just want a job that doesn't require me to have much experience and not that much interaction, I wouldn't mind minimum wage, too bad I can't find that shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 709x765
>mfw I was rejected from Target, Walmart, Chipotle, McDonald's once (I have another interview soon), and Shoprite
>>
File: 1463624649129.jpg (32 KB, 993x678) Image search: [Google]
1463624649129.jpg
32 KB, 993x678
>>28665805
His uncle is shekelstein idiot
>>
>>28665133
You think you have it bad. I applied to a fucking factory, passed phone interview, real interview and basic questionnaire. Gave them my TFN, bank details and super fund.
>oh anon we need you to a medical test just to make sure everything is ok
>Pass everything until the bitch pulls out a colourblind test
>mfw I found out I am colourblind
>mfw surely about to be rejected
Just fuck my shit up senpai,
>>
File: 1463366006075.jpg (58 KB, 523x648) Image search: [Google]
1463366006075.jpg
58 KB, 523x648
>mfw I found out yesterday that I put the wrong contact number on my resume
>I've been sending that one for almost a year now

I've been using the same resume that I had to make as a project in high school because the info hasn't changed since then and I remembered I put a random number down because I didn't want anyone to know my real number. That's probably why I didn't hear anything back at a Chick fil A that had a "now hiring" sign and they had me fill it out right then and there

At least I like to believe that's the reason
>>
>kinda hate my job
>by Thursday I'm always more optimistic
>you know this place isn't so bad, it's what I make of it
>Friday and weekend then comes
>monday
>just fucking kill me

And this cycle repeats
>>
>>28666020
feel u faam. fuck everything. just need enough money to blow my brains out
>>
>>28664954
Dont worry
Bernie will fix this with a $15 minimum wage
>>
>tfw would have a panic attack dealing with angry fast food or retail customers at the cash register

>>28666530
nice drive-by shitpost
>>
File: 01b2d.jpg (12 KB, 236x227) Image search: [Google]
01b2d.jpg
12 KB, 236x227
It's almost like neckbeards don't realize that their appearance greatly affects their value on the job market.
>>
>tfw resume looks shitty
>tfw only have a GED
>tfw 7 month employment gap
>tfw no connections anymore
>tfw might be homeless soon
>>
My mom got me a job at jcpenny. Am I screwed?
>>
>>28667761
It's retail, what do you think?
>>
>>28667693
same here fammmnn
>>
>>28667761
When was the last time you went outside jcpenny is kill.
>>
>Deliver pizzas
>15/hr
>Donate plasma
>60/wk
The hardest part is picking from Molyjew's 4000 podcasts.
>>
>>28666102
this was me when i had a job, now i'm neet and want to kill myself every day because i'm a useless leech who doesn't work

there really is no winning
>>
>>28667953
>15/hr
Which state?
>>
wish i had a car

i would have a job
>>
>>28667995
Texas. Average $5 hourly after taxes and make about 10/hr after tips. In Washington state you get minimum wage and then tips so you fucking bank. No niggers where I live though.
>>
File: 1447017835343.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1447017835343.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>>28667953
>donate plasma
>too tired to workout
>need the money though
And now I'm overweight
>>
>>28668182
Shit excuse, plasma doesn't make you tired like blood donation does.
>>
File: ggfj.jpg (21 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
ggfj.jpg
21 KB, 500x313
>work foodservice for 3 years
>decide i hate it
>literally my entire resume is resturants
>try to apply somewhere that isn't a restaurant
>"uumm we want someone with a bit more experience :)"
>>
>>28668637
Go back to school.

Or make it clear in your resume objective that you're switching industries. Then the HR people "get it". Otherwise they think you applied to the wrong place.

Human Resources are generally fucktarded and go by a rubric/christmas list. If they can't fulfill the christmas list, you don't get shit.

So be sure they understand that YOU understand that you're not fulfilling their magical, fantasy christmas list of qualifications.
>>
File: bunnyxo.png (244 KB, 740x413) Image search: [Google]
bunnyxo.png
244 KB, 740x413
>>28664954
>tfw I looked at the URL
>tfw the supposed lower case 'l' in "unable" is actually an upper case "i"
>tfw OP thinks he's slick
>>
tfw been nearly 6 months out of work.
tfw starting a new job in 10 days.
Feels good man :)
>>
School starts for kids in a few months, which means office supply stores will be looking for a few extra hands.
>>
>graduated last year with a math degree from a top uni
>spent 6 months trying to work for the NSA
>get almost to the end and pass the first of two hiring committees
>fail four polygraphs
>get rejected because couldn't obtain a TS security clearance
>4 months later
>dozens of applications sent
>multiple interviews
>still no job

why the fuck
i guess i'm gonna have to spend the next year trying to become an actuary
>>
>>28668718
l usually use lowercase L instead of uppercase I because l'm too lazy to reach the shift button.
>>
>>28666102
>>28666102
his is me except I work Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Once Friday comes around I feel like killing myself. Even people at work have said that I have 'suicide face' and look depressed. At least when Sunday comes around I always feel a lot happier.
>>
>>28668712
Fuck is a christmas list
>>
>>28666530
Nah son it's gonna make things even worse. Wendy's is already planning to put in automated kiosks to offset costs.
>>
>>28665820
Its not just shitty retail jobs anon. Thats basically the feeling of every job. I have a pretty decent job but I still hate every day at the end of the day and want to kill myself. But losing the benefits and income is just too scary onn top of it.

tl;dr tfw being a puss is a terrible thing
>>
File: 201602_1106_becch_sm[1].png (31 KB, 300x258) Image search: [Google]
201602_1106_becch_sm[1].png
31 KB, 300x258
>>28668780
why you lyin?
>>
File: wagerobot.jpg (826 KB, 729x2104) Image search: [Google]
wagerobot.jpg
826 KB, 729x2104
>>28670458

this tbqh senpai

fuck the pointless rbot
>>
>>28665120
>fill out applications
I've filled out over 1000 in the last year and for zero calls. Got highschool diploma/no felonies
>fill out a 1000 more
0 calls plus 0 calls is still 0. The local gas station had an opening and got over 500 applications by their own admittance. There are no jobs here
>>
>>28670680
you are full of shit, or you have been giving people the wrong phone number. Or you put that you are a rapist who loves to vape on your resume or something really fucking dumb like that.

Go to a temp agency and they will get you work.
>>
>>28664954
I have a job and it's the most soul crushing thing I have ever done. One of these days I'm just going to crash into a power poll or something
>>
>>28665584
>losing my engineering apprenticeship
What happened? If you don't mind, please tell me a bit more.
>>
File: 1419189773480.png (11 KB, 315x318) Image search: [Google]
1419189773480.png
11 KB, 315x318
>tfw scared to break out of my borderline neetdom. I say borderline because I still go to school. Just become a useless loser during the summer break.
>mom says getting a job will improve my self esteem.
>tell her I'll just go from being a loser to a loser with a job.

>just want to do my paid co-op through my college in I.T. and cybersecurity
>don't want to do something where I learn something and where I don't want to kill myself.
>>
>>28670707
simply epic chad
>>
>>28664954
>2016
>wanting a job

U dun goofed
>>
File: 1434161092268.jpg (207 KB, 1280x974) Image search: [Google]
1434161092268.jpg
207 KB, 1280x974
>tfw been out of job for 3 weeks
>job counseler called to help me out with job last friday
>already 3 days after from the vacation me and my family had so no more excuse to not have a job
>every passing day I feel them wondering more and more when im going to try and find one

They enrolled me in a pharm tech program. I payed for half of it, and passed all the tests, am registered, but fuck all if pharmacies dont make me anxiolytic as fuck. 240 hours all I did was fill, they didnt teach me shit, I was just "extra help" as they put it. Anytime I tried to learn computer shit in there they just I wasn't "allowed". I can't go into the field with just hours and no exp...you want someone to count your big ass gabapentin? im your guy...

Im just gonna go work at a Target or HEB and see how that goes. If I feel it, i'll apply for the pharmacies in there.

Hope that horrible time was just Walgreens. Dont even get me started on the first pharmacist I had to work for.
>>
>>28665003
I read this reaction image in completely the wrong tone/voice until recently I actually watched that episode.

Now I feel like that particular image is incredibly unfitting. It lacks the pure unbridled rage and frustration that Charlie was feeling.
>>
>work together with bro at work on project for X customer
>he is experienced, takes the lead, makes sure everything works well and we have a good understanding of each other's roles - fucking nail it
>few months later
>different project for same customer
>bro dude is moving into different areas of business
>stacey is now in charge of managing this particular project
>she doesn't have a fucking clue, is lazy, asks me to do all the grunt work (I tell her to stuff it and do her fair share), is just deliberately agitating for no reason

I prefer to work alone desu
>>
>>28665584
bump: >>28670760
[xorg]
>>
File: 1440915326199.png (29 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
1440915326199.png
29 KB, 300x162
>>28665584
>I got a job washing dishes in ikea

The... furniture store?
>>
>>28671136
Not him but a lot of ikeas have restaurants inside them
>>
>>28664954
>get job at family store
>hate it
>save none of the money I made
>promised myself I'd work to get a car and move out and didn't do it
>quit
Im going to try again but I hp I find something soon
>>
>>28671136
they have a food section, although i dont think it's popular enough to have a dedicated dishwasher
>>
craighlist

respond for dishwashing postions at every place with your resume

youll get it
>>
>>28671227
Aren't you fucked for life once you start working bottom of the barrel jobs?
>>
>>28665514
Tice?
>>
Why you bros don't hunt for special delivery / parcel / or grocery stock logistics. It's the comfiest of jobs. Radio news and hot coffee on a rainy<snowy road... mmm..
>>
>>28671013
yeah I remember that episode I was looking for a macro image of this and I was too lazy to find a picture and do it myself and waited till it popped up somewhere else and just saved that one instead like years later
>>
>>28671227
NEVER be a dishwashwer

the mexicans will do their best to drive you out
>>
>>28671736
I worked as a dishwasher one time, for three days. On my third day, this old fucking loser nigger with grey hair who was lead dishwasher was supposed to walk me through shutting down my area for the night and instead he just fucking left. I didn't know what to do, so I ended up having to get a bartender to help me. Shortly after that I was told it wasn't gonna work out because people had to stay late to help me.
>>
>>28671736
>Be brit bong
>Do agency dishwashing because I can work when I want.
>Actually accepted by the foreigners
>Be told "I work hard for a white guy"
>Feels good man

On a serious note, while dishwashing may sound like a shitty job, at least at a smaller place or for events where it's not high tempo like a resteraunt it's a pretty good place to build up self confidence in a work place
>>
What's a cozy job I can get with a communications degree? Freelance is fucking awful and I tried working at my newspaper and almost killed myself
>>
>>28671343

no? I went from working at the cafeteria in a sam's club, to teaching myself basic IT support and working for a major oil company making fucking bank within 1 year. no formal education, just a bit of experience and lots of resume embellishment.

I thought I was going to be a minimum wage slave all my life. but it just dawned on me that I had some skills so I put them to use.
>>
>tfw bumped from page 10
who /devilish/ here?
>>
3 years unemployed now. Last six months or so I have pretty much given up. I have applied for low paying entry level jobs. Even the odd times I get an interview, I don't have the confidence to impress.

If i was a fun bubble person but completely incompetent someone would have taken a chance and hired me by now
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.