[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone explain to me what the fuck this "tulpa" meme is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: ImBored_4.png (101 KB, 570x509) Image search: [Google]
ImBored_4.png
101 KB, 570x509
can someone explain to me what the fuck this "tulpa" meme is
>>
Inviting demons in your head
>>
>>28664278
Go ask the horse fuckers on /mlp/, I think they all have one.
>>
>>28664301
sounds like trying to get schizophrenia
why would anyone do this
>>
>>28664278
basically it's a jap pooka
>>
>>28664278
giving yourself severe mental illness
>>
>>28664278
>tfw no Gardevior tulpa
>>
>>28664278
It's when you spend so much time focusing on every last detail of a fake 'person' or 'thing' that it becomes real.

To you anyway. It's only real to you.
>>
>>28664278
>>>/x/
they have a thread up about it as we speak
>>
>>28664333
Might get to see my waifu desu
>>
>>28664382
sounds like hallucinations.
>>
OP, are you that avatarfag on the /trash/ thread?
>>
>>28664416
That's what it is. The superstition is that it's an entity that becomes real and can scare or harm others
>>
>>28664466
Nice triple dubs, but no, I'm not
I just downloaded someone's Gardevoir folder from /box/ on /b/ a few weeks ago and there's a bunch of reaction images in it
>>
>>28664278
it's like stands, but it can talk to you and acts like a real person, to you anyway
>>
Lonely people with imaginary friends.
>>
>tfw trying to make a tulpa but they're not sentient yet
>>
just go read the FAQs & such at tulpa.info
>>
>>28664506
Oh. There is one that seems to exclusively use gardevoir pictures. Apparently they're called "gardevoirman"; i lurk the threads, so I wouldn't know.

To answer your OP question, it's just an automated imaginary friend. Nothing beyond that.

>>28664523
Hang in there fampai. It just takes a month or two.
>>
>>28664278
It's a way for you to meet your waifu and talk to her and have her talk back to you.
I've been trying myself in the past but the lack of progress in any shape or form really makes it hard to stay motivated for an extended period of time.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.