[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to joing MGTOW but apparently I'm cheating?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: BBLACK.jpg (123 KB, 1055x721) Image search: [Google]
BBLACK.jpg
123 KB, 1055x721
Part 1

Basically when I first started reading up on MGTOW it really appealed to me, my father has been in a marriage of constant disagreements for me and my sisters sake. Don't get me wrong, both my parents are wonderful people and I love them more than anything. But they just taught me how marriage, and the whole traditional view of romance is stupid and a massive scam, because the reality 99% of people are not suitable for each other, and as life expectancies get longer its unrealistic to spend so much time with just ONE person and that you?ll somehow never find a more suitable person. They explained that people get married and have kids out of a fear of dying alone, but that ultimately we all die alone. Marriage is unsustainably in a world were humans are so much more educated, have so many more hobbies and interests and avenues of meeting newer people who have things in common with them, the flaw with marriage is, unlike friendships, marriage TIES YOU DOWN. It breeds jealousy and envy, because fundamentally it is about maintaining an oath of loyalty, this will always cause suffering because person X could meet a more perfect person 2 years after marriage, but NOPE, too bad. You chose that one, you gots to be with that one. See so basically marriage is a way for women to lock someone down to take care of their kids and they fulfilled their biological desire to be mothers, which they only have 35 years to do. So that?s why I?m against marriage, because as a man why should I ever limit myself to not being with whomever I find MOST attractive and MOST compatible with AT THAT TIME. Why limit myself for some outdated tradition?
>>
>Part 2 (of 3)

So with that mentality I entered uni, and the first 4 or 5 girlfriends I had all found it really upsetting that I just completely dismissed getting married, and once it became clear to me that they all harboured some secret desire to "save me" from my "troubled childhood" and that I'd magically fall in love with them and get married and have six kids blah blah blah, I had to break up with every one of them eventually. So at this point I started trying to just sleep with girls but not have any form of relationship with them, the problem was the sex felt hollow and empty. And it wasn't because "muh soulmate" but because sex itself isn't the most exciting part about seeing women, its the chase, the seduction and then that explosive three months of passion I missed. Literally after my second drunk girl at a party I felt disgusted the next morning. So then, without knowing about MGtOW, I adopted a similar philosophy of life that I would live out my life a bachelor, I would see women for 6-24 week periods, but they'd always know getting into the relationship that I had made a philosophical choice to stay alone. And although the end of relationship talks still happened, they were substantially less teary, on the down side I found myself being in positions were girls wanted to cheat on their bfs with me because they thought I was looking for "no strings attached" so that rather ugly side of it I try to avoid.
>>
Don't give up, pussy. You'll find a good woman worthy of marrying. There are plenty out there. Don't settle
>>
File: BBLACK2.jpg (2 MB, 1744x1349) Image search: [Google]
BBLACK2.jpg
2 MB, 1744x1349
>>28663405

>3/3

Anyways last aside, I had one such relationship 6-12 weeks of passionate sex with romantic elements but not long-term plans, with my best friend who is a Law student (same as me) and feels similarly about marriage and kids (she wants to have a great career/travel) and we are so close and because we have that physical attraction we agreed that if either of us is overwhelmingly lonely/regretful at 35, we'd have a kid together. Not marriage, just a kid, we have the whole thing worked out, it started as a joke obvs but it became more serious when we started thinking about it, because it really isn't a bad idea. So thats "my insurance" but otherwise I'm perfectly happy to not buy into the whole "marriage, kids" bullshit, I just have flings with girls who I'm upfront with. I split the bill and while I take them on "dates" theyre just treats to nice dinners, I do that for all my close friends. I don't buy them jewellery and shit, I don't let them call me their boyfriend, I don't let them spend more than one night at my house EVER. In other words I have all the freedoms of a man "going his own way" what I don't understand is why the monastic attitude of the offical "MGToW" and banning all contact with women? I don't see how the women are taking advantage of me or in any way "holding me back", so why not indulge in the occasionally "no commitment" pussy? I just want to know if they have some ideological reasoning?

Only asking because I'm totally on board with everything else they say about no relationships etc...
>>
>>28663373
buy a diary you faggot fuck no one cares
>>
File: manny.jpg (61 KB, 491x279) Image search: [Google]
manny.jpg
61 KB, 491x279
I'm a fan of Black's Books
>>
>>28663373
I'm familiar with what MGTOW is and I agree with many of their teachings. I will not, however, join MGTOW because I don't want to take the low road all my life.

As for marriage, it used to be a sacred thing. There was a reason that the man was the head of the house in biblical times; the man would go out to hunt or farm and come home to a loving family, food and a roof over his head that the wife prepared while he was gone. It was a win-win situation but the current first world society caters more to the wants and desires of the women over men. Marriage WAS a sacred practice and was necessary for society to evolve but modernism has tainted that sacredness.
>>
>>28663467

This entire forum is literally an echo chamber of people's diaries in terms of their experiences with relationships newfag.

I believe they have the trap-bait superimposed on the MLP theme you're looking for over at /b/
>>
>>28663416
>There are plenty out there. Don't settle
Yeah for us manlets thats not the case
>>
>>28663534

How is it tainted though? I'm not for cuckoldry, but I don't see how us escaping the horrible societal trap that was marriage is a bad thing. For centuries you would have to gamble that some woman you'd been "courting" for three years wasn't a horrible frigid tight-fisted nag. It was a gamble. Men have and always will be the victims of marriage, Men enjoy the company of other Men, every married Man wishes he could go out and drink with his mates and have a good time. For the first time in a long time it is now acceptable to live as a bachelor, to have spend your nights indoors with a bottle of wine or to go out with your friends, you can do whatever you like, and if you get horny you can have sex without committing to a 24/7 nag. Like all cunning men have done to women throughout history we simply reverse psychologied them, made them think the sexual revolution "freed" them, when it was men who were oppressed. Women used sex as a weapon to get marriage and they've thrown that weapon away and haven't even realised it.
>>
File: 1454099846761.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1454099846761.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>28663601
you mean they thrown it away by being "sexually free" and thereby satisfying men who would otherwise need to marry?

>webm unrelated
>>
>>28663647

Precisely. As soon as I finish my degree I'm living with my best friend in London in a proper bachelor pad, he's similarly minded, and we could live together for a decade, seeing girls outside the house, and hanging out playing vidya, drinking, watching sports, hanging out, whatever we want at home. 20, 30 years ago that'd be socially looked down upon.
>>
>>28663647
>>webm unrelated
Shit they are evolving.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.