[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help Me /r9k/ My parents don't know I dropped 2 classes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: oakton_header.jpg (6 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
oakton_header.jpg
6 KB, 240x200
Help Me /r9k/ My parents don't know I dropped 2 classes this semester. They are demanding that they talk in person with an academic adviser. If they do, they will probably kick me out, possibly disown me. What should I do?
>>
>>28662612
>they talk in person with an academic adviser
You're 18+ right? There's no way an academic adviser would talk about your classes to your parents unless you give him permission.
>>
>>28662649

When I started community college they made me sign all of the disclosure release forms, waiving my right to keep my shit to myself. I am totally fucked
>>
>>28662612
You've dug yourself pretty deep. I say keep digging.
>>
>>28663134
I'm thinking of just going myself, registering for classes that don't have prerequisites, and standing my ground. Don't know if I have the balls to do it though.
>>
>>28662713
Ask the registrar's office how you can rescind those forms
>>
>>28663207
If I do that, my parents will know I fucked up, not giving them access is the same as failure. They're fucking fascists. If I have nothing to hide, I have nothing to fear. My academics are my business, not theirs.
>>
>>28662612
>If they do, they will probably kick me out, possibly disown me.
I don't even know your parents but that's pretty fucking unlikely. I'm guessing you're 18 or 19 and school is all you know. I used to be the same way, it's not going to be as bad as you think.
>>
>>28662612
OP, maybe you shouldn't have fucked up. Maybe you should have studied and passed your classes.

Why are college kids so retarded...
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.