[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Give my 2 weeks notice to employer >Suddenly coworkers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1431847015794s.jpg (8 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1431847015794s.jpg
8 KB, 250x238
>Give my 2 weeks notice to employer
>Suddenly coworkers are nice to me
>>
>>28662294
I had a similar experience

>Two years ago
>Shitty dish washing Jon in kitchen
>Save enough money to travel
>Give two weeks notice
>All the Stacie waitresses are super nice to me
>"Omg, anon why are you leaving, I'll miss you" ect.
>Bitch I haven't even spoken to you.
>>
>>28662294
>not realizing they've always been nice to you
>>
File: 1458464284714.jpg (8 KB, 211x193) Image search: [Google]
1458464284714.jpg
8 KB, 211x193
>Gave 2 weeks notice
Found out after I left that a woman was going to cover my Sunday shift
>it was Mother's day
>she's a mom of 2

I felt bad for a few months but then I remembered when she didn't show up for her shift and I ended up doing double shift. My boss later told me that she said she forgot she had to work that day so fuck feeling bad.

I "forgot" it was Mother's day
I really did though
>>
>>28662294

Same thing happened to me. They even game me a card full of money. What a bunch of cunts.
>>
>Work at window washing company for 2+ years, never called off or sick
>Boss/owner liked me, told me I was his best employee, paid me a little better than co-workers
>move on, find better job
>give boss two weeks notice
>boss/owner gets pissed, acts like I am an asshole for not wanting to work there forever
>gets really petty, giving me the shittiest jobs each day until I leave

You'd have thought I betrayed him or killed his kid the way he acted. Thankfully I didn't need him as a reference.
>>
>>28663297
shekelstein gets angry when his little slave decides to get a better job
this is an endless process i've noticed after years of shitty jobs
it's the NEET life for me, i deserve it ;)
>>
File: 1456178512422.jpg (84 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1456178512422.jpg
84 KB, 650x650
>give month long notice because I had a better job lined up
>manager seemed a little upset but I went back to work for the day
>later when I clocked out for lunch manager came up and told me to just not come in anymore, in fact just go home for the day.

I got fired for putting in a month long notice. 2 weeks is the norm and I doubled that shit to GIVE THEM EXTRA TIME. Weirdest part is this isn't the first time I've had this happen. What the fuck is with employers firing you on the spot when you put in your notice?
>>
>Working at a McDonalds
>Never call off sick, bust my fucking ass every day
>This pleases shekelstein
>I get regular raises, start to earn more than others
>Shekelstein starts taking me for granted
>Running the entire kitchen by myself during dinner rush, etc.
>He refuses to give me my promotion because he didn't like my hair, gives it to some kid who'd only worked there for 3 weeks
>Get fed up and put in my 2 week notice
>Suddenly he's acting all buddy buddy for the next 2 weeks
>On my last shift, he told me that I can always come back for some extra hours if I ever wanted too

What is it about working management that turns people so petty
>>
>>28663600

I learned this lesson too late. Why would they promote a good worker if you are taking care of everything. You got to peter principle every job you are in.
>>
People do that? I just stop showing up once I find something better. Wish I could've seen my bitchy female boss's face the day I didn't show up.
>>
I'm going through my first job now. I already told them I'd only be with them for one year, leaving after December. so.
>>
>>28663600
fucking hate working at mcdonalds, the people that work there all act like their on the fucking downton abbey and are bad people in general. Its like they don't realize how pathetic being a manager at mcdonalds is
>>
>>28664035
>they don't realize how pathetic being a manager at mcdonalds is
it's still better than flipping burgers there
>>
>>28664035
>the people that work there all act like their on the fucking downton abbey
What?
>>
>>28664035
District manager s make bank though
>>
>>28663600

I f your good, never call in, they hate that they're losing a good employee
>>
>>28663429
>american employment law actually aims to protect employers instead of employees
>you can get fired on the spot over nothing but you can't quit whenever you want
It must be great living in the greatest country on earth. :^)
>>
>>28664157
You can quit whenever you want.

When I quit my job my manager was like ok goodbye
>>
>>28664157
You certainly can quit whenever you want
>>
File: 1458803448780.png (12 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1458803448780.png
12 KB, 645x773
>work at restaurant
>give 2 weeks notice
>people get wind of it
>on last night there, everyone ganged up outside and battered me with food and drinks
>got a sack of flour dumped on me

Took like 3 days for that shit to come out of my hair
>>
>>28664222
>Trips
I've had customers throw soda into my face in the drive thru
>>
>>28664222
why did they do that kek
>>
>>28664222
That's a time honoured tradition that is only done to people leaving who everyone liked.

It would take longer to get the feels out if they didn't do that, I promise.
>>
>>28664270
supposedly it was a tradition to do that to quitters even though I'd never seen it happen to a few people that quit. I was also a total sperg there
>>28664303
I was under the impression everyone hated me but I'm also a spaz who knows nothing
>>
>>28664222
>not taking pictures and suing them for assault
You're almost as gay as this board.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.