[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody here gone to take cinema alone? I did it twice,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1463400539532.jpg (265 KB, 638x697) Image search: [Google]
1463400539532.jpg
265 KB, 638x697
Has anybody here gone to take cinema alone?

I did it twice, would not recommend

pic unrelated
>>
>>28661298
I did it once. When I went to get the ticket the guy gave me a look after I asked for just one, like "Are you sure?". Yeah my man, give me the ticket yeah?

It was pretty good actually, both the movie itself and the experience.
>>
>>28662253
Which movie? I havent seen a movie in a while
>>
My local theatre has a no singles policy.
>>
>>28662431
Do they have a sign with a pepe and big ghost busters cross over it?
>>
No. Too expensive and I'd rather stay comfy in my room.
>>
I do it plenty of times, I don't really give a fuck. If I want to see the movie on the big screen and no one's available to go-with, I'll still go. If asking the ticket booth makes you shy, opt for one with a machine option or buy online or something.
>>
>>28661298
I went alone to the cinema like 5 times. Revenant, Civil War, interstellar, zoolander 2 and one more
>>
>>28661298
Nah, I have a nice plasma tv in my room that's also hooked up to my desktop. I can just pirate the movies I want to watch.
>>
>>28663172
I deleted that username in my last post. I don't know why it stuck.
>>
Yeah, if there is something I want to see and I don't know anyone who wants to see it I go alone. I've never really felt weird doing it. Or if there is a film I want to see more than once and think people would make fun of me (not properly, but just cant be bothered to deal with teasing) for seeing it again I will go alone. Idk it never bothers me, and even if it did most of the cinemas near me have the self-service ticket buying things so you dont really need to interact with people if that is what bothers you.
>>
What did you watch?

on a side note, i bet your insecurities just flooded out of your eyes so it made you look super awkward.
>>
>>28661298
I went a couple times, didn't mind it.
>>
What kind of movies are the least pathetic to go to a theater by yourself to see?
>>
>>28662253
omg, where do such obnoxious people live?
>>
>>28661298
I don't see a reason to, not only is it a bother to get out of your house and go to the cinema, it's also expensive and less comfortable than just torrenting the movie and watching it in your chair.
I would only consider going for the social aspect, with my hypothetical GF for example. Otherwise, fuck that.
>>
>>28661298
I've gone alone and it isn't that bad. I guess the only thing that I missed was talking about the movie with someone after it was over.
>>28663661
>it's also expensive
How much do movie tickets cost in the US?
Here they are 15 euros usually which is roughly 17 dollars
>>
>>28663661
Maybe you are a fan of, say Marvel, so you go when Doctor Strange gets released. Isn't it nice?
>>
>>28661298
I've only gone to a movie with someone else like twice and that was my mom at like 8 and last year. Otherwise I go by myself. Even I had a girlfriend I wouldn't take her to movies. She would only be around for sex
>>
>>28663786
>How much do movie tickets cost in the US?
Dunno, not a burger.

>Here they are 15 euros usually
Jesus Christ that's fucking insane. I could eat breakfast for a month off of that.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.