[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wish I had gone to a public high school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: greenville high school.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
greenville high school.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>you will never go to a public high school

It feels so fucking bad. I went to a small private high school with like 300 people, no hallways, only normies, no clubs, no sports teams. It sucked. I wish I had gone to a public high school. I missed out on every high school experience.

I feel like killing myself when I think about how my life could have been if I hadn't hated every minute of my life for 4 years.

How do I get over this?
>>
I dropped out of high school and homeschooled myself, high school is terrible
>>
>>28660152
>I missed out on every high school experience.
anon, I guarantee you the experience would be the same

instead of 300 normies it's 3000 normies

high school just isn't the place for robots or anywhere else for that matter
>>
>>28660177
Thing is, I couldn't make any friends in high school. I had some friends from middle school who went to a public high school that were as autistic as me and they all found some friends. With so many people that are randomly thrown together you're bound to find at least one autistic fucker to befriend.
>>
>>28660279
>ou're bound to find at least one autistic fucker to befriend.
no, you aren't
unless you change to be less robotic you won't make friends
>>
>>28660152

Your feelings are wrong. Public high schools are usually shit. And even though you had to deal with normies all the time, this is true of any secondary education, public or private. And it sounds like your school had a great (and very, very unusual) way of keeping the normies in check by denying them competitive sports, which is a large part of where social standing in high school comes from. Your HS experience may have sucked, but this is also true of most HS experiences generally.

Ask yourself these questions:

1) Was your life a living hell on a daily basis during HS? Not just little bullshit, but an actively intolerable experience with constant (and I mean CONSTANT), NASTY bullying, threats, or things along those lines, or were you allowed to be in the background and ultimately graduate quietly?

2) Did you have loud spics or niggers arguing with the teacher, actively preventing anyone from learning anything, getting into fights near you, shitting everything up? This applies to you even and especially in the case that you yourself are a spic or a nigger.

3) Did any jocks lord it over you at any point? Any stacies flaunt it in front of you especially bad?

4) Did you endure a school shooting at any point? Or, for that matter, did anyone pressure you into going to dances, prom, or the like?

5) Did you have any ABSOLUTE CUNT teachers? Once again, just the odd jerk is not enough. A teacher who makes life a daily hell, and not just a simmering heck.

If the answer to most or all of these questions is no, then you had about as good an HS experience as most people can hope to have, and your wish to go to "public school" to do-over is unwarranted. OTOH if you have a bunch of REAL yeses to these (and not just oh that one guy was a jerk for a month), then we might have a different conversation.
>>
>>28660152
What the hell is wrong with you? Public highschool is like a fucking zoo. If you don't have a group of friends to watch your back you'd better have nerves of tempered steel, because everyone will hate you and it's going to be awkward as jesus all the time.
>>
>>28660326
Huh. This is a pretty good post. A shame the TV portrays the average HS experience as some normiefest where everyone loves their life.
>>
>>28660358

I think the OP has a vague fancy/idea that the "reality" of public school might have taught him to become a normie, and thereby avoid all our problems.

Of course, the reality is that high school reinforces slightly-existing castes, with awkward males going straight to the bottom, especially now that puberty has generally been completed and the herd realizes on some level that it has to compete within itself for access to females. Earlier in life, being genuinely nice was possible (ironically, since children can also be quite cruel), but this redeeming quality of the young is basically obliterated once the sexual urge kicks in. Then it becomes necessary to rank, clique, exclude, compete. High school teaches everyone to hate normies on some level. Even normies recognize the bullshit on some level, and have other normies that they hate. But they play the game because 1) they can and 2) they can live with themselves about the cognitive dissonance. This is why an old TV show about HS like "Freaks and Geeks" gained cult status. r9k will deny this, but even the normies can find something they like in the fictional characters. Same thing with Napolenon Dynamite. The difference being that these are characters in a movie and not the actual nerds that they actually have to deal with, and hate.

And it never stops for the remainder of adult life, that is, once "real" adult life begins at some point between 18 and 30. Because the effects of puberty and its implications on adulthood never stop, not in the society writ large, as a statistical sample.
>>
>>28660326
No to most of them. 100% sure I had the last one.

But the thing is, I wasted 4 years doing nothing. i hated my school and couldn't get motivated to get good grades. I had no friends. I did absolutely nothing fun. Middle school was nice because I had friends and we would always talk in the hallways and in the cafeteria but high school was devoid of any experience, positive or negative what so ever. It was neutral to shitty. I would rather have negative experiences like bullying (which I have very much experienced so I know what I'm talking about), fights everywhere, high people in class, horrific teachers (but not all of them I need to learn some things) and so on. Just anything to make the experience anything else than neutral.

It also feels like I skipped an important part of life because my high school experience was nothing and I never experienced anything you're supposed to experience.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEE.jpg (146 KB, 980x840) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEE.jpg
146 KB, 980x840
I wish I went to a private school desu. While I was at a state school (the uk name for public school) I was suspended constantly for stupid bull shit and hated it there, got bad grades which fucked up my uni applications. I then moved schools and did much better but it doesn't fucking matter due to old grades. Literally the thing I regret most in my life.
>>
File: thisisnotafrogimage.png (44 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
thisisnotafrogimage.png
44 KB, 657x527
>>28660152
> Go to private high school, very similar to your experience
> Hate every minute of it, there are so few people yet I still don't fit in
> Teachers dislike me because I don't """""""join in"""""" like the other students

> Eventually decide to move to massive public school
> Literally the same in every way except there are just more students
> Spend a year in complete isolation before dropping out

I had MUCH more of a chance "experiencing" high school when there were fewer people.
>>
>>28660152
Op, I had a simmilar experience, except in my private school there were only 60 people in secondary education, give or take.
This was because the surrounding towns were populated by low to mid income families, so the students in my school were mostly from the few rich families (like medical doctor and bank owner rich).
There were no clubs, no sports teams, just like in yours. Instead students were encouraged to socialize and study for exams in their free time. This made it easier for me because I was a sperg.
>>
>>28660152
I don't want to put salt in your wound but..

I just finished high school. I live in an European country so high school isn't exactly what you Americans have with the sports teams and stuff. The general experience I imagine is similar in most western countries. Yesterday we had our exit ceremony, and let me tell you
I cried like a bitch.
I'm going to miss every single person in this picture. Over the years I've not only adapted to working with them but learned to love and appreciate all of them in the best way I can. The person I'm going to miss the most is my homeroom teacher. I consider her my mentor for life and someone who's introduced me to things I now see as being a potential career option. I loved going to school every single day. It's probably my everlasting optimism (which I didn't know existed before high school) that made me work as hard as I did. Man, I'm sorry you missed out on all of that. I don't know what kind of person I would be if I didn't go to that school. I'm so glad I'll never find out.
>>
>>28661349
I bet you think you're a robot as well
>>
>>28661372
I don't claim to be a robot. Romantically I'm unsuccessful, that's why i come here.
>>
>>28661349
Yeah, sometimes I think that American highschools are designed to prepare kids for the harsh capitalist lifestyle they will have to adapt to.
>>
>>28661403
Leave. You don't belong here.
>>
either this is a troll thread or OP is seriously retarded. Public high schools are one of the worst things a person experiences in the developed world. Fuck you OP i wish my parents had been rich enough to not send me to a school full of niggers, spics, and white trash (literally every public high school)
>>
>>28661349
Your school looks gay. I bet you're Croatian or some shit.
>>
>>28661409
Perhaps it's for the best. It would explain all the bullying
>>28661432
Don't worry, I post about once a month. I'm not trying to dilute this board
>>28661458
That's funny m8
>>
>>28660535
>Because the effects of puberty and its implications on adulthood never stop, not in the society writ large, as a statistical sample.
wot
>>
I didn't go to any school

Imagine how I feel, I think I'll seriously commit suicide soon, my childhood feels like a total waste and I don't think I can deal with that
>>
>>28660152
I don't envy anything except the minimal social experience.
..but even then, who wants to interact with high schoolers?
I personally think everyone would be better off with the 10+ years of knowledge accrued just from accessing education via the internet when self-teaching.
And if you're western, your school system is for chumps. Self teach and socialize in the massive amounts of free time, nigga.

If you feel like killing yourself over 1-4 years of the most fleeting part of life, you really need to reevaluate your priorities and focus on your future.
Go fuck yourself up in college if you want it that badly.
>>
>>28660152
No you don't. Public schools are hell in most places. They're underfunded, overcrowded, and in a state of total anarchy by comparison. You're lucky if they have a working gymnasium, much less a good library. Be thankful if you received instruction from people who had a basic understanding of the lessons they were slated to teach.
>>
OP relax public school is filled with niggers gangster culture

even white people try to copy that style with their nikes and hip hop

op consider yourself lucky
>>
>>28661558

Adults, just like teenagers, spin themselves narratives about sexual success and success in competition as "winning at life". This frame is accepted by most to some meaningful level, since of course that's what the animal body wants.

The kid who does not yet know sex is "naive", not merely from general lack of life experience, but "lack of knowkedge about how the world really works", by which adults mean their own adult lives, which includes sex and the social dynamics around it.

Even a very old man whose wife is long dead, and who quite frankly has lost most of his urge due to his extremely advanced age, knows perfectly well that young men will always chase pussy. Likewise with older women vs younger women. Once you "know" society, there's no going back to not-knowing (and this includes non-sexual categories as well). in that sense, young adults who are catching on and older adults are alike in the "knowledge" they share; it is the child who is fundamentally, ontologically different, not knowing the things that they know about the world.
>>
I got expelled for having lolicon on a Facebook chat and everyone thought I was a pedo. I got buffed a little bit before that school year and went back. A bunch of chads tried to kill me because "lets kill pedo XDDD". I beat the fuck out of three of them and got knocked out by a fourth chad. They got away with it and I got expelled again for fighting them. I dropped out and never looked back.
>>
>>28662104
Fucking anime faggot
>>
>>28660152
We want what we can't have, anon.
I went to a very large public high school that had a good reputation, lots of clubs and activities, and I fucking hated it. I wished that I could have gone to a small school like yours. It would have been super comfy.
>>
I went to both a public high school and a private high school.

My Senior Class is 49, with a total of 300 people from grades 7-12.

The private school, m80, is far fucking superior to the public school.

>3,500 people 9-12
>All I had was band
>Fell into drugs so easily, got transferred right quick

Public high school is a quick way to failure.
>>
>>28660152
I didn't even get a taste of high school. I dropped out in the 8th grade because of severe anxiety. I don't regret dropping out early, but I wish anxiety wasn't the reason to hold me back when those 4 years could have been the best 4 years of my life
>>
File: 1461562398452.png (276 KB, 586x634) Image search: [Google]
1461562398452.png
276 KB, 586x634
who else /allboyshighschool/ here? Pretty sure those 4 years made me gay.
>>
>>28662352
Most likely
Really, that does sound valid
>>
File: 1461540905171s.jpg (2 KB, 104x125) Image search: [Google]
1461540905171s.jpg
2 KB, 104x125
>>28662352
I wish I went to an all boys high school

I still have self esteem issues because I'm diagnosed with slight autism and girls just called me creepy and awkward

I snapchatted one "hi' and she never responded then never talked to me again

One was collecting books from the class very politely but passed over me without looking at me
>>
> no clubs, no sports teams

I'll admit that is pretty shitty. Sorry anon.
>>
>>28660152
Who knows if you would've ever done anything if you were born always going to public school. Only that you never been there makes you feel like you missed out on experiences.
>>
>>28662104

Im with this anon, >>28662155

totally deserved it guy
>>
I went to a decent university

>inb4 get out, I'm an asian male

Most of the other STEM majors I knew went to private school, byfar. The dumb and/or unprepared ones went to public school. The top tier were home schooled.

I don't know where the Chads went, I never associated with any of them.
>>
>>28660165

This.

It's a fucking joke, dude. Just a bunch of moronic kids calling each other faggot and a bunch of windbag teachers who don't know what they're talking about.

High school is obsolete. You can learn anything you could learn online.
>>
OP, things were the same thing!

I went to an all guy, catholic private school... Things were absolute hell for four years..
So few people, didn't fit in at all. I literally could not fit in at all and it destroyed me as a person. I'm in college now and going to graduate near the top of my class, but I can't connect with other living people at all. Just don't know how to interact with people after four years of hell in high school and having to deal with shitty abusive parents on top of that
>>
>>28662034
There is a secret undercurrent of sexual and social (money) competition in all aspects society and human interaction, but I think you need to replace sex with money sometime in the late 20s
>>
i went to a shit tier public high school and actually dropped out but I'd take that experience over going to some nondescript faggot ultra-normie private school t b h

state-mandated prisonschool builds character
>>
>>28660152
My public high school, which I graduated from a little over a decade ago, is currently catching some flak for some racist drama.

https://medium.com/@See_Em_Play/your-lives-dont-matter-mclean-high-school-s-message-to-its-students-of-colour-d1e20dbc130b#.aq0zlghzw
>>
My little brother is about to fail freshman year of public high school and my mom is putting him in a private school with like 200 kids
>>
Public schools are expensive af
>>
>>28660165
Exactly what I wish I had done. I was teaching myself but still going to school because my parents wouldn't allow it. All I got for my trouble was additional bullying.
>>
>>28660152
Trust me, it's not that great.
I'm a senior now, it's isolating as hell, people treat me like sort of fucking outcast, regardless, it's impossible to speak.
The only thing preventing me from dropping out were amphetamines, I fucking love them, they changed my life, I couldn't focus for shit before but under the tutelage of Vyvanse, it seems like I finally obtained inspiration, like I finally have foresight, and thus, a purpose.
>>
u wot? I'm 25 and still haven't recovered from the hell that was public high school. Only good thing is you learn a lot of life lessons, you learn how shitty people really are.
>>
>>28661501
You shold go to forever alone on reddit then. people are much nicer there, trust me.
There's also less shitpost and every gender is allowed to post.
You will fit in there. This place is just full of idiots.
>>
>>28660326
Is this just an American thing or something? My school was nothing like that. Normies were everywhere and yet, despite being a gigantic autist, they were always nice to me and everyone else. Minorities acted exactly the same as everyone else. Sports players were the same as everyone else. There were no shootings. There were dances, but I never had to go. The teachers all got to know their students and generally everyone got along great. Despite being the biggest autist piece of shit in the whole school, I was never bullied or even bothered most of the time, and there were even some people willing to let me hang out with them. I wish I could go back.

This was a completely ordinary public school. Was this really the exception, or is it the hellish nightmare schools that are exceptional?
>>
>>28661349
Was this an boys school or a mixed school?
>>
>>28665363
holy fuck can reddit please leave
>>
>>28664409
Public school = state school you bong
>>
All I did at boarding school was sit in my room all day and wonder off site.
>>
>>28660279
You'd be surprised man
>>
>>28660152
Went to public high school my freshman year and fucked up my grades because I wasn't taking shit seriously. Transferred from 2k to 100 student school. No regrets. You want the public high school experience? Go to university. Want to reexperience your high school? Go to community college.
>>
>>28662780
>>28660152

Public high schools suck. If you aren't Chad girls make fun of you and woman teachers are the fucking worst. They expect boys to act like girls and go apeshit when boys are too energetic or don't do hours of boring ass homework and give massive favoratism in marking to girls.

Guys who go through homeschooling (with intelligent parents) or go through an all boys school turn out 10x better than guys who go through public schools.

Most of the guys I knew in highscholl are fucking fialure to launch burnouts. A lot of smart guys living up to like 1/10th of their potential. Public school just killed all their drive and motivation.

Boys shouldn't be allowed in a school with feminist teachers, it's just the cruelest form of torment and prep for failure.
>>
You hated it.so you didn't really miss out on anything.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.