[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Into the flood again Same old trip it was back then So I made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 364x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 364x404
Into the flood again
Same old trip it was back then
So I made a big mistake
Try and see it once my way
>>
Know meeee broookeeeen
By my master
>>
File: 1463426382082.png (177 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1463426382082.png
177 KB, 367x321
DRIFTIIING BODY IT'S SOLE DESERTION
FLYIIIIING NOT QUITE THE NOTIOOON
>>
>>28659304
Am I wrong
Have I run too far to get home
Have I gone
And left you here alone

Layne's lyrics resonate with me even more today...
>>
>>28659373
iktf. layne was a miracle.
>>
>>28659373
Tell me your story fellow robot and good music appreciator
>>
>>28659558

I'd like to, but I'd fear coming off as one of those guys who writes song descriptions on songmeanings.com

I don't know. I feel like these metaphors are very much relatable.

You don't have to leave the earth physically to feel as if you've left someone, although that time will undoubtably come too, perhaps sooner than some anticipate.

Layne Stayley was a man of the people, and, I feel as if he and I would've gotten along - coming from similar walks or life, and schools of thought.

The lyrics "try to see it once my way" are very powerful. It yearns for understanding, for empathy. But such plea can only be truly understood by the individual actually living it.
>>
>>28659862
And yet by the same token, these lyrics are riddled with self-doubt..

>"Am I wrong? Have I run too far to get home?"

In how I always scrutinise myself with constant second-guessing, and over analysis of my own inadequacies..
>>
>>28659238
If. I. Could, Would.
You
>>
Tfw I'll never be able to go back to the days of listening to Alice and Chains cassette tape on my walkman on the swing in my back yard.
Yes I'm that old..sue me
>>
File: 1463246764522.jpg (154 KB, 945x1500) Image search: [Google]
1463246764522.jpg
154 KB, 945x1500
>>28660600
>tfw I will never be an edgy teenager listening to AiC again in class
I grew up on this music. It had a huge impact on my life. this band is truly ageless
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.