[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A new challenge is given to you by an entity you trust, be it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10
File: rolls-royce-ghost-2015-(11).jpg (108 KB, 1140x643) Image search: [Google]
rolls-royce-ghost-2015-(11).jpg
108 KB, 1140x643
A new challenge is given to you by an entity you trust, be it a person, company, government, etc.
You have to drive this Rolls Royce Ghost from New York to the coast of Washington.If it doesn't get stolen at all, you get to keep it and you get 3 million dollars to top it off.

If you do get it stolen..well it's stolen.

How are you going to go about bringing a $500k car across the country without incident?

Only americans are allowed to answer this thread
>>
>>28659162
why would this be a problem at all?
just don't drive through shit ghettos and you can trust people won't fuck your car
>>
>>28659206
>implying you wont somehow stumble into a ghetto by accident
>implying some jealous white guy or cop wont crash your car on purpose, disabling you from completing the trip
>>
File: 1454621409071.jpg (6 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
1454621409071.jpg
6 KB, 200x193
>>28659162
This was literally ripped from leddit. Fuck off
>>
Buy a bunch of stims/caffeine type stuff.
Check maps avoid major highways and stuff, just because of traffic jams and accidents/tail gaiters. Would rather drive at 5 or 10 under the speed limit with little or no traffic than going over in traffic. Only stop for gas/restroom maybe grab some snacks or to take a nap in the back. Shouldn't take more than 2 days to get there max.
>>
>>28659272
I made up this post on my own last week. Blow it out your ass. If reddit keeps stealing everyting that's posted here it's your faults for not driving them off like I told you to do years ago
>>
Are you even American dude? Nobody does carjacking to a fuckig moving car
>>
I don't buy British products, sorry
>>
>>28659315
You must live in a major shithole if you dont know what a stoplight is
>>
>>28659331
Dude have you ever been between New York and Washington? I've been in a lot of those states between and it's mostly just the East coast till around the midwest where that might be a problem. How often do you hear people getting drug out of their car? You watch too many movies. If anything you're probably more likely to just get robbed for what you got on you.
>>
>>28659399
You realize there's a reason for gun training for CCW owners while being carjacked right? I've taken it myself, and nearly got shot once when someone attempted it in Cincinnati.

People carjack you at gunpoint. I can tell you don't get out much.
>>
Sounds easy as fuck as long as i can use the money i have right now to fund the trip.

A car phone charger, cheap gun, money for safer parking lots, a map, first aid kit and the rest for food, water and gas.
>>
Take turns driving and piss in bottles, no stops
Not even for gas
>>
>>28659162
>actually driving it
>putting all those miles on it
>not sticking it in a container and driving it in a truck

kill yourself my man
>>
>>28659488
>People carjack you at gunpoint. I can tell you don't get out much.
>>
>>28659561
That isn't driving it you dumb autist. Driving requires the wheels to move and for you to have control over where the vehicle goes
>>
>>28659581
Nice counter-argument buddy. You sure showed me what for.
>>
>>28659244
What....? No. Just no you retard.

I imagine the only "difficult" part would be crossing the plains states, because of fuel economy. Not too many gas stations in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>28659651
you're wrong anon. very very very very very very very very wrong
>>
>>28659488
Ohio, yeah that's one of the areas I said kind of midwest. (I'm not that other anon laughing at you).
I'm from a ghetto myself, if I thought someone was going to car jack me at a light I'd just run it if traffic wasn't too bad or I'd hit a turn and try to get moving with it. and figure out how to get back on course after a while as long as I don't hit a dead end or have to turn around and go back the way I came it should be a clean get away. If it doesn't cause an accident worse thing that happens is a cop shows up, what are they going to do start a fight with the cop while I'm getting ticketed?
>>
>>28659675
I live in Detroit motherfucker. I would know better than you.
>>
Helicopter airdrop
>>
File: 1454561732339.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1454561732339.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>28659162

You must be a fucking retarded kid who has never left his state and thinks America is nothing but ghettos and thieves.

I literally cycled across the entire united states and never had any trouble. Nobody bothered me and nobody stole from me even though I slept in a tent half the time. Stop trying to push the meme that America is a shithole, it's actually a wonderful country with kind people.
>>
>>28659730
Honestly ccw dude if you think about it, if you're totally ignoring your objective if you wanna kill people that are trying to jack that car. Can they shoot at you yes. It's going to fuck up the value and they're not going to want it as much unless it's going to a chop shop. >Here's a bloody car with holes in it, cash please Mr. Fence
That's not how criminals work.
Also say you win that fight, now you gotta wait for cops to show up and your getting booked for killing people you're not getting out of town or state any time soon.
I'd try to drive off and call it to the police on my way out of town. I'll come back and fill out the paper work once I got my 3 mil and pay whatever fines I get for the small moving violation that didn't get people killed.
>>
>>28659807
I backpacked across the country for six months and ran into a bit of trouble. It's not too farfetched that you might get the car stolen if you aren't careful, even in "safe" areas
>>
>>28659331
You must live in a major shithole if carjackings at stoplights are a common occurrence. The whole country isn't like Detroit
>>
>>28659902
>It's not too farfetched
It's the very definition of "far fetched" if you restrict yourself to small towns and friendly neighborhoods. Did OP say that the car has to be unlocked with the keys in the ignition? Is some suburban white kid gonna know how to break a window and hotwire a car? Sure, ANYTHING can happen but I'd bet my life that you could drive the car back and forth TWICE through the safer northern states and never run into trouble. Just park it near other cars and maybe put up a piece of paper saying the car has an alarm that sends the police or some shit.
>>
>>28659947
brit here, yes it is. Look at your crime rates
>>
>>28659968
Lower than yours.
>>
>>28659585

When the car is loaded into a truck which is being driven by me, its wheels are moving through space. The wheels are moving as I drive (the truck).

By driving the truck which contains the Rolls, I have control over where the vehicle goes.

The Rolls is "being driven" (by me) in that I am driving the truck which contains the Rolls as a load. I am conveying the Rolls from A to B, with stops in between. I am driving the Rolls. The Rolls is being driven. And so is the truck.

I'm not that guy but you're very, very bad at this. It's like you don't understand what words mean.
>>
>>28659980
you conniving bastard...
>>
File: Time_To_Stop_Posting.jpg (41 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Time_To_Stop_Posting.jpg
41 KB, 600x450
>>28659968
>Look at your crime rates
The United States is as big as Europe. If I told you to look at the crime rates of Italy and compare it to Britain because they're both "Europe" would that be fair?

Jesus christ you Euro fags are fucking retarded, all the intelligence moved to America it seems. You do nothing but bitch about America and don't realize nobody gives a fuck about your country since it's irrelevant.
>>
>>28660013
Yuros also dont respect specialization. I saw one get pissed at a physicist for not knowing a fuckton about economics and the locations of certain countries.
>>
>>28660000

Quads and ellipses prove I'm right. I can just /taste/ the "fuck, god-damnit, he's right" in your post.

And it tastes delicious. mmm, MM! :^9
>>
>>28660064
I didn't say you were wrong, still even with your explanation the person giving you the challenge would probably find a reason to not give you the money
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 551x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 551x410
>>28659244
>ghettos in the middle of the highway
>>
I find it funny that this is a challenge in the USA, in bongland I wouldn't be worried at all and the only thing I would do would be to stay out of obviously rough areas.
>>
>>28659162
I drive a decently nice car (370z). I've parallel parked it in pretty shit neighborhoods, and never had an incident.

The challenge is a shit. Literally use your phone to navigate so you stay on interstates, and then stop in hotels that have valet parking. Valets will not fuck with the car, no matter what you robot faggots say. The end.
>>
>take it into a body shop
>put chrysler 300 rims and emblems on it
>drive to washington
>put original parts back on
>>
>>28659561

Wiki says it retails for a quarter million dollars give or take so its worth the shot. You even have margin to repair potential damage (but not much I think).
Unless ofc america is that fucking dangerous...
>>
>>28659162
This is retardedly easy

Take the fucking interstate
Stop for gas in white rural areas (will be easy since you're driving through the fucking Midwest)
Stay at a high class hotel when you need to stop to rest (which is exactly once)

OP confirmed Mexican that doesn't know the US road system isn't fucking Mad Max like his shit country
>>
>>28659771

>I LIVE IN DETROIT MOTHERFUCKER

t. lives in Northville
>>
>>28659206
this. sounds like a fun trip actually, I'd love to visit Oregon and Washington, and maybe revisit Yellowstone on my way there too
>>
>>28661090
would need them to front me some of the money though, I can't afford gas or motels atm
>>
>>28660090

Actually, the person charged with drawing up the agreement (TV shows have "Legal", you know) would simply take care to characterize the letter of what I have to actually do in a much better/less ambiguous way than what you described. :^)

And if a contract is involved which contains language along your lines, and they refuse to give me the Rolls after I pull alongside the Pacific, guess what? I've got a lawsuit. No "Toy-Yodas" for me. :^)))
>>
Concealed carry my sd9. Take the highway and pull off in rich areas for gas. Also nobody said you can't bring a co-pilot. One person sleeps while one drives and you never have to risk leaving the car. Fucking easiest challenge ever.
>>
>>28660843

You could also do it in a single day, without even needing the whole day, which hugely increases your odds of keeping the car in your possession for the whole trip.

A hardcore cross-country drive in the USA runs anywhere from 48 hours to a week, depending on how hardcore you're feeling. (the route is also a factor). At some point, you're going to have to sleep, which is the vulnerable time. If you find just the right spot and sleep 8 hours in the car (A Wal-Mart parking lot in a nice rural-but-not-too-rural white town is ideal), stretch and keep going,

This notion of "what to do when you sleep/how, where and when to crash" is what makes OP's prompt tantalizing, once people actually start to engage with it.

But yes, as other anons have said, just stay out of niggerland and you'll /probably/ be good.
>>
If you start in NYC, the hardest part of the trip would be at the beginning. After you make it out of NYC you're pretty much in the clear as long as you avoid major cities near I-90 like Chicago and Detroit.

Really the main problem is gas mileage, because you'd have to fill up every 10 feet with that thing, which could be pretty hard during the midwest parts. I guess if you stuck to the major highways it wouldn't be too hard.
>>
>>28661324

You absolutely cannot do it in a single day. For a driver without much cross-country experience, even two days is stretching.

I manage a transportation logistics company. We usually allow two to three days for our drivers to go from Michigan to California, crossing a distance of about 2250 miles. Most brokerages expect a load which is picked up on a Monday to be delivered between Wednesday and Friday of the same week.

This is for people who drive for a living and frequently ignore laws regarding how much they're supposed to drive in a day, let alone for laymen.
>>
>>28660843
cars are banned in britain
>>
>>28661418

Your reading comprehension is dogshit, friendo. I was first referring to the island of Great Britain (which the anon above me was talking about), not the USA. that might have dawned on you since my below language obviously contradicts the above. It's almost like I was talking about one thing, then I started talkking about another.

People can't read nor write in this thread, fuck.
>>
>>28661506

I'm drunk, you faggot.

>le reading comprehesnion
>"can't read nor write"
>nor
>can not read nor

lel
>>
>>28661418

I don't know why I'm bothering to mention this since you can't read, but I've also worked at a disbribution node, eventually becoming a manager in a different department. I've talked with a couple hundred truckers, loaded several hundred trucks. UPS'd shit all over. I also understand reasonable lead times for moving across North America.
>>
>>28661576

Stop being such a pompous faggot. I made a mistake and didn't bother reading the post you were responding to and assumed it was related to what OP had written.

My tone in my response, however mistaken it may have been, wasn't rude in the slightest. Regardless of that, you find it necessary to act like a huge fucking cock-muncher.
>>
>>28659902
do tell a crazy story friend
>>
>>28661615

>I was w-wrong

>s-stop calling me out on it!!
>>
>>28661562
ur fucking dumb
>>
>>28661722

I admitted I made a mistake. Do you want your crown for being the king of the internet just now?
>>
>>28661736
>>28661736
>>28661722

>le samefaggot
>>
>>28661722

Stop being a fucking idiot and chill, dude.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160518-152359.png (312 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160518-152359.png
312 KB, 1440x2560
>>28661750
eat shit fgt
>>
>>28661773

>implying you always get a You in these cases

Hello, newfaggot.
>>
File: niggers.png (544 KB, 1207x588) Image search: [Google]
niggers.png
544 KB, 1207x588
the biggest """"""threat"""""" in this """""""""challenge"""""""""" is probably Chimpcago, but even then just stay at the ritz carlton downtown or someshit and have valet park it in the hotel garage. these kinds of hotels deal with fancy cars literally every single hour
>>
>>28659244
>stumbles into a ghetto by accident
>keeps driving until out of the ghetto
problem solved
>>
>>28661786
>i somehow posted twice in 30secs

ur the fricken newbie dude. anyway we've stalled the thread, which had an interesting challenge
>>
>>28661842
Most niggers in the ghetto know not to fuck with people in fancy cars. It's usually an og/drug king/gang leader. Especially the car op stated. Some chimps might take a pic but most will not stare out of respect. Take this from someone that lived in the ghetto for 17 years.
>>
File: JUSTIN WONG.png (291 KB, 563x480) Image search: [Google]
JUSTIN WONG.png
291 KB, 563x480
>>28659244

Is this what America is like in real life? I thought GTA Online was just a fun multiplayer mode, not a simulator
>>
>>28661090
>>28661135
Tripfag replying to their own post.
How desperate can one truly get?
>>
File: image.png (114 KB, 427x348) Image search: [Google]
image.png
114 KB, 427x348
>>28661967
No, it's just a basement dweller speaking from no real world experience.
>>
It is pretty easy. From New York to Toledo, Ohio (8hrs) to Mackinaw City, Michigan(7hrs), go across the bridge into the U.P. Then drive straight west to Washington (32hrs) in the least populated states. The northern parts of the U.S. Are pretty nice through the summer and you can go hours without seeing another person.

I'd stop only for gas, and to park in a well lit space to sleep for a few hours. It would all be pretty easy.

I'm a private courier, so I do this type of stuff all the time.
>>
>>28659162
by locking it
>>
So a 4 hour drive through New York, New Jersey, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and finally, Washington? You know there are huge motorways that go through all of these cities, right? 4 hours on a Roll Royce's fuel consumption and I won't even have to stop for gas. Keep a gun on your lap, pay your tolls and avoid eye contact with strangers and you could easily pull this off. That will be 3 million dollars, please.
>>
>>28659902
I've driven my car across the counry a few times, I've never run into any trouble
>>
>Get contract saying I will be given $3mill if I deliver car to washington coast
>take contract to bank saying I will need loan to complete this
>they agree to give me $20k to make it happen at this interest rate x.x%
>Get a car moving company to do the job
>Pay back banks $20k with the $3mill I got
>Actually profit and minimum effort
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.