[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got my first job today and I am kind of in shock. How do people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11
File: s.jpg (142 KB, 816x980) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
142 KB, 816x980
Got my first job today and I am kind of in shock.

How do people just sell away chunks of their lives without wanting to actually commit suicide? The fact that I will have to work 4-5 days a week until I die makes me want to die.

How do you guys get over this feeling?
>>
File: 1454131083115.png (28 KB, 622x659) Image search: [Google]
1454131083115.png
28 KB, 622x659
>>28658241
same here, i am 26, just finishing a bachelors degree and i can't possibly imagine how i am going to find, get and hold a fucking job i am afraid as hell of the actual work and i usually get tired very easily i don't know how i am going to last at least 8 hours if not more
>>
By using the money from the job to buy things that make me happy.
>>
>>28658241
People get used to it. Also it explains the popularity of alcohol: it numbs your feels.

Also this >>28658328
>>
>>28658241
You can't feel if you're dead.
>>
File: you.png (170 KB, 501x506) Image search: [Google]
you.png
170 KB, 501x506
Are you fucking retarded OP? People work for money. Money pays for food, clothing, shelter, etc.

I mean what the fuck is there not to get? NO ONE likes to work. Do you think you're some fucking snowflake for having a mind that is too intelligent for work or some other gay shit?

Kill yourself you homo nigger.
>>
>>28658241
how else am I gonna support my robot lifestyle? So I just grit and bear it.
>>
>>28658386

Good wagecuck :). Be sure to take that overtime tomorrow night.
>>
File: 1457076570072.jpg (253 KB, 1080x1283) Image search: [Google]
1457076570072.jpg
253 KB, 1080x1283
>>28658425

THIS POST HAS UPSET ME!!!
>>
File: 1444311706496.jpg (137 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1444311706496.jpg
137 KB, 700x700
>>28658241
by learning how to trade and bringing in more assets

ezpc
>>
Legends say some normies are capable of deriving pleasure from their work.

As for myself I just DUDE WEED LMAO and listen to 80's R&B after work.
>>
File: 1328034922022.png (164 KB, 470x361) Image search: [Google]
1328034922022.png
164 KB, 470x361
>>28658241

If you don't like making shit wages and working terrible hours learn a skill or trade and become more valuable to employer and/or get a union.

And let's face it, if you're posting a thread like this, It's not like you have anything more important to do during the time you're at work anyway.
>>
>>28658241
I too want an answer.
It seems that the only two choices in this world is to spend the majority of your time and energy on work,
work lesser hours but do it doing horribly stuff like retail and cleaning,
or starve.

There ought to be some middle road for people who doesnt care about materialism or status and isnt going to have children.
>>
>tfw fucked up my two work experiences enough that there's no way I'd be able to get another job ever.
>first job out of college tire chemistry
>work as hard as I can,
>become work hikikomori to exceed demands of job (work 10+ hours, saturdays etc)
>get laid off after a year and a few months
>boss is forced into retirement, fell off the face of the earth
>second job fragrance chemistry at a place that smells like raw sewage
>literally the only other person there with a chemistry degree is my (PhD 1972)
>2 engineers (BS from like 1980)
>the rest is either highschool, or office BS degrees
>fired because I would hesitate in doing dangerous arcane techniques, showing lack of conviction, not cleaning up after him (though never told to do so)
>>
>>28658241
As a nerd loser you're actually incredibly well adjusted to the work lifestyle.

You're compulsive, demonstrate great self control and you're no stranger to unpleasant repetitive tasks.
You're better equipped to work and cope with it than normies are.

Consider harnessing your skills for personal fitness.
>>
>>28658241
sell drugs, fuck the gay rules
>>
Most jobs dont truly contribute to the advancement of the human race and for the most part are to make good that are planned obsolescence or you have a job that is a service repairing the infrastructure that should be outdated and dismantled by now. You should feel bad. You aren't contributing to anything real, it's just society's delusion to keep the richest people in the same place.
>>
Normies survive by taking a paid smoke break every hour so you end up getting an hour paid to just sit around smoking every day. That's not counting your actual breaks if you get any. It's a loophole system that all wagers take advantage of.

The rest just look forward to the end of the work week getting drunk with coworkers or friends and after the actual work day you get high on weed.

If you can get away with it you do coke at work, but only a few jobs are lax enough to let you do that.

So basically just drugs and alcohol and social life.
>>
Honestly, just don't have a wife and kids, and you'll have more time than you know what to do with even with a full time job.
And by the time you're 40, you can retire with the lack of finacial obligations.
>>
It's not so horrible. It's a major social outlet for many people. It gives you a sense of purpose. It lets you afford luxury items. It gives you access to sex.

It provides a framework for your time. You start to make better use of the evenings and weekends. I mean, you always hear NEETs talking about learning code or teaching themselves Russian with all their free time but 99% of them just sleep until noon and play video games all day.
>>
File: 1452104429109.jpg (6 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1452104429109.jpg
6 KB, 250x236
Normals like working because its usually their primary mode of socialization.
They like being around their coworkers and shooting the shit. They've also been conditioned by the jews to believe that working hard is somehow morally good, meanwhile those said jews laugh all the way to the bank in their glass offices and 2 hour long cocaine breaks. Look it up, in the days prior to the industrial revolution people didn't work nearly as hard. It wasn't rare to kick back in a field and have a noonday nap, also during the offseason things were very slow.

It isn't until retirement that they realize they've made a huge mistake. They have wasted so much of their life toiling away for slips of paper, exchanging what little time they had on this world for a small slice of wealth. The most common deathbed regret is "I wish I didn't work so hard." RIP wagecucks.
>>
File: 1460518690931.jpg (25 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1460518690931.jpg
25 KB, 256x256
>>28658241
That's why I want to be someone's housewife. Work gets boring
>>
File: 1443508208691.jpg (102 KB, 780x928) Image search: [Google]
1443508208691.jpg
102 KB, 780x928
FUCK YOU OP i have been looking for work all year and can't find any
>>
>>28659602
Fucking how? I know finding work is hard in a lot of places, but a year? No way.
>>
>>28659393
Doing nothing at home gets old fast. It must suck being 100% dependant on someone. If they leave, youre fucked.
>>
Of course nobody actually likes it (the people who say they do are either outright lying or have actually deluded themselves completely, no exceptions). There's no other choice unless you're exceptionally lucky. There's no hope for a better future. This is just life.
>>
>>28659654
2 years here.
Why is that hard to believe?
I filled out hundreds. Only 1 responded back. 90% of the others didn't even send a rejection email
>>
>>28658561
>As for myself I just DUDE WEED LMAO and listen to 80's R&B after work.

my nigga
>>
>>28659699
True but I could just get a part time job cause full time just drains all my happyness.
>>
You get used to it after your spirit is thoroughly crushed and all thoughts of escape or rebellion seem like fantasy.

I've been working for about five years now and will probably continue to work until the day I die, retirement being in the sad state that it is.
>>
I work part time, which helps, but I'm a janitor, which isn't much fun.

I get to be alone though, and I just listen to music/youtube vids/audiobooks the whole time. Just a routine now, and having this small amount of money is much better than having nothing.

Still, I'm trying to find other ways to make money. More creative endeavors.
>>
>>28659967

How long until the soul crushing begins? I want it to happen already so I can begin my integration into a full wageslave.
>>
I work like 40 hours a month from home and make around $3000 a month. It's quite bearable actually.
>>
>>28658685
i dunno, maybe working part time and living very sparsely? all i need in life are
>ramen noodles
>internet connection
>electricity
i shouldn't have to work 40 hours a week just for that
>>
Back when I would work 14-16 hours a day, my usual coping mechanism was drinking alcohol until I became borderline insensate when I got home.

Sometimes I would instead cope by screaming, or breaking things.
>>
>>28660261
Yeah back when I worked 9-10 hours a day I would drink after work, which helped with coping a lot.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 576x331) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 576x331
When I was NEET I also wanted to kill myself.

Checkmate anon
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 272x204) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 272x204
>>28658241
I am 21 and dropped out of university last year and I have been a neet for 6 months. I have never had a job and it looks like I will have to this year. I am very afraid.
>>
>>28658241
Once you start making over $40k per year you'll see why. Having disposable income is the tits.
>>
>>28660611
>Once you start making 40k a year

Fucking what?
>>
>>28660746
What part of that is tripping you up?
>>
>>28660183
Give it 4-5 months.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.