[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am a fulltime neet who taught myself how to make music wit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 1452908072645.jpg (89 KB, 724x1023) Image search: [Google]
1452908072645.jpg
89 KB, 724x1023
I am a fulltime neet who taught myself how to make music without really touching an instrument or knowing anything about music theory here to tell you that anyone in this board that is also neet and have the freetime can produce music regardless of any previous experience relating to music
Source: https://soundcloud.com/annedrank
Its a lot more productive than just watching anime and playing video games all day so why not give it a try?
>>
>"music"
>series of bleeps and bloops to hook onto 2016 levels of stimulation addiction
>>
>>28654338
Anne Drank here
Thanks man
>>
>>28654288

Dude OP that joint is jammin foo!! I dig. I want to rap over that track. Lets become famous together
>>
It's my dream actually but I've been lazy to start. Half of it is 4chan taking up my attention span the other half is not having a comfy living space to work on it in. I'll get to it though anon, in time.
>>
>>28654288
I wish I could senpai, but I'm just not that creative. You're shit sounds slick though, keep it up.
>>
Just learn music theory. It's really not that hard.
>>
>>28654590
Fuck that shit just learn how to read sheet music and get a feel for basic music composition and a daw instead of wasting pointless of hours watching outdated nyc's goyim academy lessons on music theory videos on youtube that are just gonna end up limiting you by teaching you a safe style and more derivative production techniques
>>
>>28654811
you really don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>28654835
On /r9k/ ? You don't say.
>>
>>28654288
If you can write sheet music for piano I would love to play it senpai
>>
>>28654835
But I do. I don't think music theory is pointless knowing the basic fundamentals about it can be beneficial sure but from personal experience and listening to a lot of other bedroom producers and how they work I can say that you're definitely not limited by not knowing it you're gonna figure out about metres and time measures and more just from the time you put into toying with a daw and by doing so I think you can learn a lot more from it on a personal level I really also think being able to read sheet music is a better use of time and being able to see compositions of a variety of work is honestly a better use of time than knitpicking the finest details of music theory. But again this is just my opinion
>>
>doing things because they are "productive"
I want this meme to end.
>>
>>28655016
Music theory isn't about learning how to write in a "safe style" or analyzing music, it's literally just sheet music and learning what chords, harmonies, and scales are. You're a retard who has no idea what he's talking about. Listening to music is the best but it's easier when you know all this shit already
>>
>>28654288
Instruments are loud though. I got the violin years ago and while it was fun to learn when no one was in the house, I was limited to maybe 2 hours a week. Then my parents' schedule changed and now I'm never here alone so I shelved it for good.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>28654288
I'm happy for you, OP

It has always been a goal of mine to make my own music but I'm currently putting all my time into drawing.

How can I make music using only my computer?
>>
>>28655294
Alright you don't have to get so mad all I really wanted to get at is that anyone can learn how to produce music by just toying around in a daw and that you shouldn't be intimated into putting hours into countless of videos and reading first and you'd be surprised by how many self proclaimed music theory enthusiasts can't actually read any sheet music in the prod threads
>>
>>28655604
torrent a daw
>>
>>28655060
It just feels like people use that word to arbitrarily decide that whatever they choose to do is a better use of time than what you/other people do.
>>
Dunno mate, you're encouraging retards with no talent to create music. Maybe it'd be a nice hobby but they're not actually going to create anything good. Learning production alone well takes years.
>>
>>28655316
get a piano and put some headphones on
>>
>>28655827
You're really just projecting at this point
>>
File: image.jpg (292 KB, 894x642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292 KB, 894x642
>>28654964
This,give me piano sheets robots
Only you can force me to practice
>>
>>28656021
I'm actually hot shit at music, fight me
>>
>>28654288
OP how can I start, what programs do you use?
>>
>>28656124
Start with a daw any daw it really just comes down to preference I use both fl and ableton and although I like ableton for manipulation and personalization fl is definitely more accessible and I'd recommend starting with that. I'd worry about getting vsts after you get familiar with all the basic functions of your daw
>>
so I have a daw(logic). what now?
have any resources i should look at?
>>
File: hmm.png (17 KB, 220x184) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
17 KB, 220x184
This is some primo shit
>>
Why does it take so much effort to learn a new skill to the point where you at least can make some decent stuff? Like to learn to draw you either have to practice 10 hours a day or expect to get good in 10 years or more.
>>
File: zoolander.jpg (44 KB, 361x253) Image search: [Google]
zoolander.jpg
44 KB, 361x253
>>28656998
You are training your brain to create something and learn to use tools.

I can draw what's on my mind pretty easily compared to the me from last year. You just have to put in the time so your brain can internalize all these things and make them second tought
>>
>>28654288
i can still tell you're a beginner through your music writing and mixing/mastering T B H

just keep working on it. transcribe some music to get gud faster.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.