[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you still come here, robots? This place has been in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: Battle Weary Soldier.jpg (59 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
Battle Weary Soldier.jpg
59 KB, 500x353
Why do you still come here, robots? This place has been in a real tailspin of late, and doesn't seem likely to improve. Have you considered alternatives?
>>
>>28652237
Nowhere else to go. It wouldn't be so bad if the janitors cracked down on cuckposting as hard as they did on baneposting on /tv/. They apparently only give a shit when it is all in good fun and anons are messing around, when actual cuck/interracial websites come here to shill their garbage the janitors are nowhere to be found.
>>
>>28652262
Wholeheartedly concur
>>
>>28652237
Every fucking day I consider the army or trying to get into the police mate.
>>
>>28652237
It's just kind of difficult for me to assimilate on online forums because they move so slow. I like the fast pace of the Chan allows for more semi-fluid conversations
>>
>>28652237
Because /r9k/ is the only place I can talk about my feelings without worrying about getting judged.

No one talks down to you or laughs at you here, if they do you can just call them a normalshit since they're the outsider.
>>
File: Omegle screenshot 97318.jpg.jpg (16 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Omegle screenshot 97318.jpg.jpg
16 KB, 320x240
>>28652262
here, have this qt fembot in exchange for your excellent post
>>
>>28652262
/tv/ is alright. I've been spending a lot of my time here on that board lately. Found out about some good movies to watch, so it was worthwhile for that alone.Seems like people there are actually talking again instead of just shitposting, though of course there is still plenty of that. Also, had some interesting discussions on /k/. I hate to think what this board will look like though in a few months or even weeks if things keep up the way they have been.
>>
>>28652396
The problem is it isn't like that anymore
>>
>>28652417

I'd rather have the memes than the GOT-posting and capeshit that's taken over /tv/
>>
>>28652423
Yeah, that was old /r9k/. Post normie-apocalypse /r9k/ has an entirely different outlook. It's more like /b/ now. You will be judged, often and by people who don't know what it really means to feel.
>>
Ive been visiting this site daily since the fall of 2011. At this point its become like air to me, I cant function without it.
>>
>>28652485
Been coming to this site since 07 myself. I know, seems like a long time. Don't you visit other image boards though? I'll always main 4chan I suppose because it's so active, but I'm getting burned out on the robot thing. Trying to decide if it's still worth it to come here specifically.
>>
>>28652237
It's the daytime TV of boards for me an addictive guilty pleasure I'd rather avoid.

I'm trying to ween myself onto tg instead.
>>
File: 1367369520180.jpg (48 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1367369520180.jpg
48 KB, 535x577
>>28652423
Well I'm not leaving.

Normies can crush my spirit IRL, but not here.
>>
>>28652237
I kind of miss the old self pity threads and the pessimistic and cynical attitude this place used to have before turning to /b/ 2.0. Lately seeing all these teenagers who do not even try to hide the fact that they are underage use this board as their Facebook page has me feeling bad, hiwever there ia nowhere to move to. No other board outside 4chan is active enough. These days I live for uni feels and feels tavern threads.
>>
>>28652237
Maybe after the summer it will reduce slightly, but who knows how long it will take for the vast majority of the normalfags to grow bored.
>>
>>28652721
That's the problem though. It went from prime time 4chan to late night repeats here in what seemed like the space of a few weeks. Sad.
>>
>>28652688
I occasionally migrate to other chans, but they're all too slow to hold my attention for very long.

Also all of them except 8ch*n seem to be very hostile to 4chan refugees.
>>
>>28652792
/r9k/ literally got too good for it's own good.

The better it got, the more unwanted attention that came with it.
>>
This board didn't change that much. Kinda annoying to get called a normie by edgy high schoolers when you're just a sad fuck doing his best to avoid regrets and get an ok life. 25+ threads and odd hobbies oriented ones are still fine.
>>
>>28652237
I've recently made /v/ my main board because I got tired of all the /b/posting in this place. /r9k/ is the only place to talk about feels, though.
>>
>>28652803
They are. Never mention you are from 4chan on another image board. You will be ostracized, possibly banned. I'm not sure why, but it sets people off.
>>
File: 1463271852164.jpg (61 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1463271852164.jpg
61 KB, 960x960
>This place sucks
>Everywhere else is worse

But I get where OP is coming from. It's not the shitty forced memes or that content has gotten worse. For me it's how much the whole "newfag/oldfag" mentality has spiraled out of control into something much more hideous. This is an anonymous website yet everyone is doing their best to claim to be some oldfag.

But no one says "oldfag" anymore. They just call anyone who disagrees with them a "normie" - another word I hate on here. It has such a vague personal definition. Especially on other boards. So you're not a normie or a robot? Then what? Some fedora knight?
>>
>>28652852
It's normies baiting all the time now though. And robots fall for it, every time. It's disappointing to say the least.
The overall attitudes of this board also seem to have shifted, into what I'm not sure but it's not the comfy place for feels it was, that's for sure. Sometimes it all just seems like a horribly failed experiment.
Maybe things will improve on the other side of summer though, as one poster suggested.
>>
>>28652955
now when I think about it Ive not seen the terms newfag and oldfag in years, do they still use them on any board? I know thwy used to be thrown around rampantly on /b/ around the early 2010s
>>
>>28653113
You hear it a lot every time there is a large influx of new users, which there seems to be right now.
>>
>>28652237
Without this place my life would completely sink into solipsism
It's nice to remember other people think about things all the time, without having to see their faces
>>
>>28652955

why do you guys always fucking constantly cry about insults, it's always been like this its not a new phenomenon

we've had nigger, faggot, now it's cuck and normalfag. you're just new so it's all overwhelming to you

lurk a bit before posting
>>
>>28653089
>The overall attitudes of this board also seem to have shifted,
This is a big one for me. Say I call a woman a whore, no longer will I get people agreeing with me but rather trying to argue that im a bitter loser. This board is much less of an echo chamber than itvused to be which is sad to know.
>>
>>28652237
Because I'm hoping it turns around
We need something to scare off normies
>>
File: 1430482386604.jpg (39 KB, 500x342) Image search: [Google]
1430482386604.jpg
39 KB, 500x342
There isn't any other place to go. As a 32 year kv male I really enjoy the +25 threads. Its good to read the stories from fellow robots and wizards. Its comforting to know I'm not the only fuck up around.
>>
>>28653193

whenever 4chan tries to 'scare off normies' they just wind up attracting them like flies to shit

fuck off armchair activist, YOU are whats killing this website
>>
>>28653193
Proxy up and bombard our own board with shit so unremittingly foul nobody but us would ever want to return?
>>
Everyone is too focused on either making a new thread about a current meme or trying to force a new one. I know this board is supposed to be for original content but when that original content is low effort, repetitive dog shit memes it's pretty frustrating. I started coming here for greentext stories, but then all those greentexts turned into people whining about no gf, then /r9k/ was removed, then put back only for the same shit to carry on until we started having general threads focused on some sort of sexual relationship stuff like yandere or gentle femdom, then they got told to fuck off whilst pepe made a comeback and here we are today, scrolling through the catalog to find something that isn't a meme or the same thread you could find yesterday, or the week before, or the month before. I don't know why I still come here but here I am, bored out of my skull looking for SOMETHING to pass the time with. I want old /r9k/ back, before it looked like I clicked a recent memes tag on tumblr or whatever.
>>
>>28653264
no faggot that only attracts people here
>>
>>28653227
A lot of people are full of shit though.
>>
>>28653275
I fucking despise memes, I fucking despise the whole rare pepe thing
>>
>>28653283
Everybody is full of shit, it's just about finding who's shit makes you gag when you gotta eat it.
>>
>>28653280
And?

/r9k/ was never a secret club.

It's always been shit, and it's recent spate of shitness is just a form of weather.

The point is to drive off the people who're making the entire forum about old hat memes and >tfw no gf by derailing any possible discussion about them with stretchy old man anuses and crime scene photographs.
>>
>>28653174
Insults have their place here, a reward for stupidity. However, it rarely leads to useful or interesting discussion. Lurking on the other hand is not a meme, but in fact something many people should consider. Just dropping in and surveying one or two posts before jumping into things, as new users tend to do, is ill-advised in nearly any community like this one. But you're probably well aware of that. Just something for people to remember.
>>
>>28652688
I'll occasionally visit other image boards and forums but I can never stay there long. There's just something about 4chan that keeps me coming back, this place is just home to me.
>>
This place is the right mix of active and not full of /b/ tier shitposting

I browse a few other chans for specific generals but they're all small communities that I can't post in every minute of the day
>>
>>28652823

>too good

What? Years ago it was full of "how can you date someone who has had cum on her face" threads.
This board has turned into a who's more miserable competition. All this "if you are X then you're not a robot" and "is this person/movie/band robot-like?" mumbo jumbo reminds me of teenage bullshit.
>>
>>28653473
how is that a point senpai you sound frustrated? anyone can post here as they like, it's just awkward when some kid confuses the jokes for reality and thinks there's any use blogging about his *shitty* life.
>>
>>28652823
Horse shit, /r9k/ was never uniformly good.

It's always been a fecal soup that one might occasionally fish out a diamond from.

More shit than diamonds nowadays though.

Let /r9k/ die, nobody who matters cares any more.
>>
File: Zardoz.jpg (108 KB, 970x544) Image search: [Google]
Zardoz.jpg
108 KB, 970x544
>>28653624
I don't care about that.

The threads are boring, plus alienating people is an end unto itself.

Now, go forth and kill.
>>
>>28653625
Eat shit kid. People have been saying this since a little after the boards creation.
>>
File: blogger-image-632391156.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-632391156.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
Just delaying the inevitable.
>>
>>28653905
See?

Nobody who matters.
>>
>>28654106
Not that person, and I realize you don't know me from that stump over there but I've been here for awhile. I made this thread because in a way I care about robots and where they end up. It's mostly that /r9k/ has been my home for a long time and it's hard watching it all go to shambles. I'm tired of the pissing contest with normals, tired of trying to keep people who seem to have diametrically opposed attitudes see the value of a middle ground, and I suppose even tired of helping newbies try to understand what this place is about. I realize nobody asked me to do any of this, but as an oldfag of sorts I feel it is my role here. Nonetheless, it's true that this diamond in the rough that made /r9k/ so unique is becoming rarer by the day. I won't abandon this place, but right now it doesn't feel very much like home, and I can see it being worthwhile for robots in having some alternative places to visit until that changes.
>>
>>28654608
I admit, was in a similar position a few months back.

I really only visit the place any more as a form of nostalgia, but I feel like everything has it's day, and trying to turn back the clock on something that has already happened never works.

I moved on.

I've never really felt like a part of a community, online or otherwise, but I remember the few instances where I felt some sort of recognition from someone else, and here was one of the places to seek it.

The refreshing, unvarnished pessimism of the diseased and the lost, a welcome and honest reprieve from the disingenuous bleating assurances of the untouched - who are as devoid of understanding as the newborn dead.
>>
>>28654787
I suppose change was inevitable for this place, and I tried to shape it into a form that could do some good, but even when the right idea prevails there are those who are just as likely to take that notion to an unhealthy extreme. If our new users brought something to the table other than a lack of good judgement, I would greet them warmly enough, but for the most part these neophytes seem to possess very little in the way of logic or temperance. A lack of self-control or moral fortitude wins the day, making everything seem inconsequential. If people lose sight of what it is to help, and all they want to do is battle it out, then so be it but that also means whatever community might have existed has been lost. It's as good a reason as any to leave, at least until the new blood has slaked its thirst for chaos or gained an ounce of sensibility. I suspect you are someone who understands this.
>>
>>28655581
I have a feeling that places like this are actually a commonality, this was just a big and relatively open one.

They're like nurseries sort of, and one day you look at your surroundings and realize you've outgrown them.

You're still alienated and angry, because you know you always will be, but the place no longer speaks to you.

It's the sign that it's time to go, to make your own patch of wilderness bloom I guess, and see what strange wild life you can attract.
>>
>>28655683
That's very poetic, and quite true. Communities change, and the people along with them. A new generation will enjoy the oddity of this place in their own way. They'll understand the virtue of things like moderation in their way of thinking with the fullness of time I hope. For now it seems, it's on to greener pastures for many of us. Others I'm sure will be here till this place closes its doors for good. At any rate, /r9k/ is different and only time will tell what comes of this. I just hope it will be a board with a culture of its own, and not some meaningless extension of /soc/ or /b/ without any real creativity.
>>
>>28652396
>talk about my feelings

Stop being such a fucking girl. If you need a safe space, you can go to tumblr
>>
>>28652337
Peace Corps?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.