[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seems like there's two kinds of "betas." A) The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10
File: 1353899858866.jpg (50 KB, 425x639) Image search: [Google]
1353899858866.jpg
50 KB, 425x639
Seems like there's two kinds of "betas."

A) The timid and/or awkward fellow who has a Michael Cera personality. People generally perceive him as a weakling and a pushover, perhaps because that's exactly what he is. "Too nice" may be an accurate way of describing his demeanor, so women and men alike consider him lame. Some disrespect him, others think he's ok to have as an acquaintance.

B) The could-snap-at-any-minute type who everyone regards as creepy and/or sociopathic. Doesn't look terrifying, but people are typically scared shitless of him. Is he a rapist? A serial killer? Someone who skins cats in his basement? All three? Nobody knows. People don't respect him, but they avoid disrespecting him out of fear.

Which one are you regarded as?
>>
obviously the second
>>
>>28649989
def A
>>
>>28649989
The worse one, i.e. the first.
>>
>le beta
>le alpha

just as bad as your left-right political dichonomy, you fucking kids
>>
>>28649989
p sure no one is scared of betas
you've confused them with some other type of person, perhaps sociopaths or people with anger issues
>>
>>28650066
We're going by society's perceptions you fucking dunce.
>>
the third type, the one that leaves not much more than a passing thought. the one who was never given the dignity of a place in the memory, disrespected or not, of any one of their peers. the one that is constantly "forgotten" because they were never acknowledged in the first place. the one that blends into the crowd seamlessly, and almost never makes himself known. no one remembers. did he go to our school? did you ever talk to him? what was he like?
>>
>>28649989
People say I'm the second, but I don't think anyone really thinks that. They just say it for fun to fill in blanks, like that old captian underpants book where you put words in the blanks so you chose to make it about gay jew rape.
>>
>>28649989
Both and neither. It depends on you not me.
>>
>>28649989
Both of your cases represent a man illustrated by the perceptions of others. But that's not what he is. Not really. Consensus doesn't change reality. Shakespeare wrote a sonnet about becoming the monster people make you out to be -- that you might as well enjoy the fruits of whatever malevolence they ascribe to you. Do you let them get to you? It's your choice to listen. Your choice to internalize their words.

Anyway, I've always been a Simon from Lord of the Flies kind of guy.
>>
File: still1.jpg (363 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
still1.jpg
363 KB, 1280x720
>>28650078
People are definitely scared of certain beta males. Ugly dudes who come across as being sexual deviants or mentally ill scare the shit out of normies. We all knew (or some of us perhaps WERE) kids in high school who were ignored rather than bullied. It was because the others didn't want to do anything that would make him shoot up the place.
>>
>>28649989
I come off as passive mostly because my personality is that in regards to interactions with others

but really it's because it's a way to disarm folks but also because well coming off as cute, sweet, humble and be a male. When need be I'm very much have no problem demanding and/or taking what I want or need because being humble/kind/having manners/cutesy doesn't mean you need to be a Bitch.

Last job I had I got into a fight with a dude who kept on calling me a faggot and when management didn't do shit after I played recordings I dogged him out and socked him.
>>
File: 1435927781849.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1435927781849.png
51 KB, 657x527
Both I guess.

I'm really soft spoken, and used to be rather androgynous. I'm also generally a nice guy to my friends. But my mom has made a lot of jokes about me making bombs and shit like that. Plus a few people in HS called me a "school shooter type". I didn't get bullied in school, maybe that was because people thought better of it? I dunno. I didn't think I came off as menacing until recently. There's been a few instances where I was out in public and people treated me cautiously/antagonistic, as if I was there to cause trouble.
>>
>>28650093
>"you should be more memorable"
actual quote from a "friend"
>>
>>28650136
ehhh it depends on the kid really, if they're the typical weak or overweight beta it's whatever
if they're one of those kids who wears a leather trenchcoat and carries knives around and shit then yeah maybe
>>
A and B. I can be the nicest guy in the world or a twisted fucking psychopath.
>>
>>28650187
*and be male has it's benefits
>>
>>28650221
is this your wicked sense of humor, anon?
>>
>>28650212
I remember a kid who always talked about anything involving dicks or blood. sat alone during lunch. Always peeled the skin off his hot dog and would sometimes make grotesque faces at random people. In all the years I knew him, he was never bullied. He was short and skinny. Definitely someone that most people could beat the shit out of with relative ease. But we were all scared of him trying to bite or our gouge out our eyes. We didn't want him going ape shit so we just left him alone. That goes for everyone. The Chads, the nerds, the goths, etc.
>>
>>28649989
I am alpha. I like to scroll /r9k/ while your high school Stacy crushes all polish my cock. All of you could be a or b, doesn't help you get that puss though. Haha well cool, later fags.
>>
>>28650078
Didn't you get shut down in the other thread?
>>
>>28649989
I'd like to say B but I'm probably closer to A.
>>
>>28650132
Which sonnet is that?
>>
>>28649989
>A on an alpha
>"omg! He's like the sweetest guy ever! He's so shy, it's cute."

>B on an alpha
>"He is so hawt! He's totally le bad boy! So mysterious and brooding!"

There's no justice in this world.
>>
>>28650390
?
who do you think i am exactly?
>>
>>28650207

why "friend"?

smogon
>>
>>28650732

>>>/fit/
>>>/fa/

the halo effect is real, boys. might as well take advantage of it on your short time on this shitty space rock
>>
>>28649989
A, no question.

Hung out with a female friend, she commented on how nice I was and how "if I didn't want to go into somewhere I could just say so" (we were in the hipster district).

Mostly I'm thinking it's because I just don't say much, and I don't do much. I can talk about films and filmmaking 'til the cows come home, but that does not a good conversation make.
>>
>>28650207
Kek

That's good advice tho

You want to get anywhere you gotta stand out, look interesting.
>>
Somewhat A but mostly B. I have rage issues. It's probably a good thing i am a NEET because if I would probably snap and do something very bad if I had to put up with a high school like experience again.
>>
>>28650732
>He is so hawt! He's totally le bad boy! So mysterious and brooding!"

Pretty sure if you come across as a psychopath you're only gonna attract psychopaths.

That or you're a master manipulator, in which case why are you here.
>>
File: 1463389396472.png (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1463389396472.png
21 KB, 300x300
people in my class seem to believe I am a chad alpha drug orgies dude.

Maybe because I am older, or something, go figure., but not in the good way of girls going to me, but to avoid me due to thinking I such a badass and would do drugs and rape.

I don't even smoke.
Me missing class is me having depression and fucked up sleeping schedule, I don't feel like going out and feel bad of seeing people. I don't even talk, I have heard them talk about how I must have skip because I am doing drugs or shit.

If the alpha beta dichotomy is true, I might be Epsilon or something on the line.
>>
>>28650918
you sound like the classic misunderstood anime character who is seen as a badass but is actually a nice guy
>>
>>28650930
I'm not a nice guy.
not even "le niceguy meme" that women hate.
I wouldn't be here otherwise. I think is me just being older than my uni class.
>>
>>28649989
used to be A then I gravitated to B
>>
>>28649989
was the first one most of my life, started lifting weights and had to shave my head due to balding and now feel like the second.

second one is better desu
>>
>>28650918
Same here tbqh.

Original
>>
File: desktop-2M.jpg (2 MB, 5120x2880) Image search: [Google]
desktop-2M.jpg
2 MB, 5120x2880
The second, probably because I really am a creep.
>>
>>28649989
The second isn't a type of beta. It's an Alpha-Beta, the king of the betas.

I'm the second, waiting for the uprising rn fahm
>>
I don't know.
I don't know how people perceive me
If they are talking shit of me, they are definitely doing so in a way I'll never notice.
>>
File: 1436494488597.jpg (9 KB, 349x314) Image search: [Google]
1436494488597.jpg
9 KB, 349x314
i've been B for the most of my highschool life
the retarded part is, i was just beeing myself, and i even got laid twice
it got worse when i was actually diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder because apparently people didn't like my obsession with fire
so yeah, good game i guess
>>
pretty much B), but also look terrifying
>>
I think only type A exists.
>>
>>28649989
Definitely A, but I know a few Bs
>>
I'm definitely the second one. I have a lot of deep seated anger issues that probably come out in behavior and scare the shit out of people. No matter how nice I act they know deep down I have an agenda. I'm also very recognizable because of this. I can't tell you how many times I've been surprised by someone knowing my name when I don't know anything about them.

I like to play with it. I'd never hurt anyone physically, but it's fun to point out peoples flaws and mistakes to make them feel terrible.
>>
>>28650083
Not even canine behaviourists use this sort of ridiculously outmoded nomenclature any more.

It's just a meme.

No science.
>>
B. I had 0 friends in hs, only 1 friend in uni, nobody talked to me out of blue except him
>>
>>28649989
Sometimes A,but sometimes B.Mostly B when I was a kid,because I was taller than most people and also genetically predisposed to being strong.Picrelated being me helped.
>>
I used to be both at once. Now I'm not beta anymore.
>>
>>28650136
I was scrawny and weak, avoided social interaction as much as possible. Never got bullied in high school. People would try and start shit but I just completely ignored them. By the start of junior year people didn't even try to talk to me. Comfy as fuck desu
>>
>>28649989
Idk
I'm the kind who talks a lot and gets sympathy from most normies, but still can't get any girls
>>
>>28650132
Sucks to your assmar, normie.
>>
>>28650859
>Pretty sure if you come across as a psychopath you're only gonna attract psychopaths.
so
women
>>
C) No one really thinks anything about him or of him. Most people forget about his existence. If he died 90% of people he sees regularly would not even know.
>>
>>28654526
that's piggy retard

simon was a badass
>>
>>28649989
The A is more similiar to + omega. The B is... I don't know, - omega?
Anyway, people actually treat me both ways, it depends what perspective does the person have of me
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>28649989
B)

I'm suprised seeing my shitty personality profiled like that,but definitely me,very accentuated by my 6'5

No one talks to me unless they have to,I'm very shy. Once I get to know someone I love to talk.

I don't even give a shit about the 'tfw no gf' I just wanted a friend.

Even if I talk to someone they still try to end the potential conversation quick as they can,it's like they want to see me as B)

My eyes aren't so good so I have to squint and open them wider when I'm trying to see stuff,which looks just like a serial killer,I guess.

Throughout my whole life I'm only consistently talking to one person who isn't my family or a psychologist,therapist or doctor.
>>
I'm an A type, I have one B type friend, an ugly pervert, and then my best friend that I don't know what to make of.

My best friend. We've known each other for a few years. He appears like an A type, he looks soft, he never uses profanity, he never gives dirty looks. But every now and again he gives these Freudian slips which are either morbid and about death or violence or sexual deviancy. He confided in me that he has a diaper fetish and is a closet furry. He also confided in me that he used to kill small animals like frogs for fun.

I really don't know what to make of my own best friend. He's always been there for me, and vice versa. I've never seen him get angry once. I find his complete lack of emotion subtly bothersome. He has an anxious and avoidant disposition. When playing online video games at his house he gets afraid if I insult people online. Not even bad insults, but he's genuinely afraid he'll get in trouble, or that the person's feelings will be hurt.

Should I be afraid of him? I mean, he told me he can barely do one single push-up. He's the most meek, lukewarm, and timid person I have ever met. Sometimes though, he scares me with those Freudian slips. A joke about killing animals, or edging (extended masturbation). Okay, I watch stand-up comedy and though I mainly go to comedy clubs to socialize, I do sometimes actually enjoy the comedy. I get humour that tries to be extreme and transgressive, I browse 4chan after all. But what he considers funny is completely humourless to me and everyone else.

He certainly is a good person, and tries to be, but it seems as though he uses a lot of effort to suppress those dark aspects of his persona.

Should I GTFO sooner rather than later? Or stand by the friend who has always stood by me?
>>
>>28652123
>even got laid
stopped reading
>>
>>28649989
second one, in a positive way. people laugh at my jokes, probably out of pity, but i've been told that I scare people as well
>>
>>28654781
You should probably continue being his friend. Sounds like he'd go on a killing spree if he didn't have anyone.
>>
>>28649989
>People don't respect him, but they avoid disrespecting him out of fear.
lmao, you wish this was true
this is literally prime bully material. Why do you think school shootings happen?
>>
File: 18233727.jpg (32 KB, 555x333) Image search: [Google]
18233727.jpg
32 KB, 555x333
>thought I was A
>girl I dated told me she was scared of me before
>didnt even dare to say hello to me
a strange feel
>>
>>28654882
I'm his only friend and he says he doesn't need any friends.
>>
>>28654894
>Why do you think school shootings happen?

The better question is why do you think school shootings DON'T happen?

The B types who are left alone are left alone for a reason.
>>
>>28650187
This post is a fucking train wreck
>>
>>28654894
Depends on age, in work place if you see that ticking time bomb guy (you know the guy who cares way too much about his pencils) you don't bully him, you avoid the fuck out of him, maybe give him a snack or something in hopes that he spares you when he finally has his mental break down and shoots up the whole fucking place.
>>
File: BuIXJmJCMAEt28O.jpg (25 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
BuIXJmJCMAEt28O.jpg
25 KB, 600x390
>>28655095
"The time of purification is at hand.."
>>
B of course
>>
>>28649989
Probably more the second one.

People have told me that I'm cold and unapproachable, and I think I give off creepy vibes.
>>
>>28650066
Most people have a mix of left and right wing views. Same with Alpha and beta behavior. I would say the best way is to act 80-90% Alpha and 10-20% beta from time to time.
>>
>>28654597
isn't that omega?
>>
strangers see B, people who know me better see A
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.