[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I survive off of just eating rice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6
File: rice.png (164 KB, 445x355) Image search: [Google]
rice.png
164 KB, 445x355
Can I survive off of just eating rice?
>>
>>28646190
>trying to find information on how white rice can kill
>keep getting fucking Tamir Rice links
Fuck niggers and their dindus.

But white rice is dangerous. It can lead to mineral deficiencies.
>>
>>28646190
Yes, but you'll be missing things. If you can get used to fish sauce, you'll be be better off with that sprinkled on top of the rice.
>>
File: 20160416_171510.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160416_171510.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
I tried it and nearly died. Became deficient in tons of nutrients. You need more vitamins and minerals. But hey, just a normie here.
Pic is quintessential robot in my area.
>>
Potatoes (skins!) and sour cream and a multivitamin. You will survive on that.

Get some beans with the rice and you can live off that, I'm pretty sure.
>>
No but if your life is at the point where you are resorting to living purely on rice it's probably for the best
>>
>>28646262
>ate white rice my whole life
im dead soon right, nigga?
>>
>>28646190
If you have a rice cooker, through in some rice, beans and an egg. Should keep you going.
>>
>>28646190
I've lived off of just white rice and spam for 5 months before, didn't really feel much different
I'm also asian so maybe that has something to do with it
>>
>>28646381
Did you eat only white rice? Never anything but rice? Then shut the fuck up you fucking nigger.
>>
>>28646190
brown rice, not white rice (white rice lacks many nutrients). and you will need to add some veggies and some kind of protein. you can live off that indefinitely.
>>
>>28646190
No you will become malnourished
You need to hve a balanced diet with all macro and micro nutrients.

The only one type of food that you can live off just eating is human breast milk
>>
Beans and rice will give you enough nutrients, but I'd still rock a multivitamin.
>>
>>28646190

NO YOU CANNOT.

but!

You CAN survive off of just potatoes.

You won't feel great or be healthy, but a standard potato has every nutrient that human body needs to live for many months at at ime.
>>
You can live off milk and vegetables. Add some eggs for extra protein.
>>
Throw some chicken (very cheap) on it and dice and steam some carrots and cauliflower (very cheap), toss in some spices (very cheap) or soy sauce (cheap) for flavor

it'll get you by
>>
>>28646376
>Tfw this is my current situation
>>
I had a bad stomach and lived off exclusively rice, turkey breast, and Broccoli for about 18 months.
>>
>>28646953

Except vitamin a, vitamin d, vitamin e, selenium and b12.
>>
>>28646856
>The only one type of food that you can live off just eating is human breast milk

tfw no mommy gf
>>
>>28646953
is it just me or do potatoes taste like shit unless they're drenched in fat?

like sour cream, butter or oil are great but plain cooked potatoes are ass
>>
The Jap navy tried this in WW2 and got scurvy.
>>
File: 1459916509975.gif (927 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1459916509975.gif
927 KB, 400x300
>>28647109
yes anon, it is just you, i don't know that feel
>>
>>28647077
Why not work hard towards one and make your dreams come true
>>
>>28647284
fuck you and your potatoes, skeletor
>>
>>28647109

Have you made the mistake of eating Alaskan/Yukon potatoes instead of Washington/Idaho potatoes. The former taste like shit.
>>
>>28647311
bruh I've tried Yukon golds, still taste like shit

I'll stick to carrots and pears. At least they taste nice without seasoning
>>
>>28647332

Thats the problem, Yukon golds do taste like shit. Get some real Idaho potatoes.
>>
>>28647365
i've tried all varieties available in Pennsylvania

mushrooms are better anyways
>>
>>28647380

Here I can agree
>>
>>28647296
mommy gf's are like unicorns, they don't exist
>>
>>28646190
Rice and beans maybe, but not just plain old white rice.
>>
Rice, beans, spinach, tomatoes, eggs, milk all dirt cheap staples. You don't need much.
>>
File: 1455859713275.png (596 KB, 1131x1154) Image search: [Google]
1455859713275.png
596 KB, 1131x1154
>>28647380
>>28647460
>enjoying literal ground mold
>>
What about lentils?
>>
>>28647648
lentils are disgusting.
>>
>>28647543
ground roots that grow in shit are no better
>>
Brown rice, eggs, and beans plus orange juice is enough, yes.

But off of that alone, you'd have to eat a lot to meet caloric requirements (depends on your activity level, really). So, drink milk too, may as well eat spinach too while you're at it. The positive of this is that all of these things taste good and more than nutritious enough.
>>28647109
A slightly moist, earthy potato with pepper, salt, and leek is wonderful.
>>28647109
>The former taste like shit.
no lol

You probably think yams (not sweet potatoes) taste bad too.
>>
>>28647678
>pepper salt and leek
>required to season the fuck out of it

Potatoes confirmed for poo tier
>>
>>28647037
for 18 months? what was wrong with you?
>>
>>28646190
You can, till you die. Which won't be from old age.
>>
>>28647696
how is salt and pepper and a slightly weak wild onion 'season the fuck out of it'
>>
>>28647736
If a vegetable can't stand on its own without seasoning it is shit
>>
Here's a tip. Get a huge bag of beans.
sprout them. You got yourself a complete protein. You can also go to the slaughter house and get bones, boil that shit down for 13 hours and you got one of the most healthy thing you can ever eat. That collagen is what jeeps us together. And get mushrooms and keep them in the sun for a few hours, you got yourself free vitamin D
>>
You can live off of just meat. No memes. There is no vitamin you can't get from meat except vitamin D which you'd get from sunlight. You can even get vitamin C from livers and some other meats. This is how humans lived in the ice age.
>>
>>28647879
You actually don't need to be in sunlight to get Vitamin D either. Mushrooms will absorb it if you leave them on a windowsill.

Someone could feasibly live off meat and mushrooms for their whole lives
>>
File: tfwlosemorg.jpg (67 KB, 764x729) Image search: [Google]
tfwlosemorg.jpg
67 KB, 764x729
>>28646953
>this is what the Irish believe
>>
>>28646190
Oats are better bro
>>
I don't see why not. I've been living off Doritos, soda, and m&ms for the past month and I'm fine
>>
>>28650042
>and I'm fine
sure...
>>
>>28646190
If you're looking for something cheap to sustain yourself with, try lentils. Lentils are the shit when it comes to nutrients per dollar, great source of protein, iron and fibre
>>
Jasmin rice and basmati rice is also pretty tasty. It's lighter than typical sticky rice and can be easier to digest.

As for eating rice alone you can survive for a while but as others say it will lead to vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Just mix in some vegetables and some beef every now and then.
>>
>>28647879
How much variance is there in the nutritional value of the meat from different animals? Can you live off of pork in the same way that you could beef, for instance? I imagine the diet of the animal would be a factor as well.
>>
>>28647879
Living without eating any fiber for a long time is gonna make going to the bathroom a nightmare though. A live without easy poops isn't much of a live at all
>>
rice, beans, and eggs are best poorfag foods right? what else? how to eat decent but cheap
>>
>>28650976
Where I live there's a market 3 times a week, and at the end of a market day you can take some of the leftover fruits and vegetables. It's one step above dumpster diving I guess, but getting you food from supermarket/restaurant dumpsters isn't too bad either.
Oh also bananas, they're cheap as shit
>>
>>28647055
>meme vitamins

oh no what will we do without those?!?!
>>
>>28651253
>to live for many months at a time
>>
>>28646295
why is he hanging from the ceiling?
>>
>>28647752
>If a vegetable can't
yes
>>
>>28647109
it's just you, potatoes are GOAT
>>
Literally only rice? No.

Rice with supplements (daily vitamins, protein powder, etc)? Yes.
>>
>>28646190
Mix in pinto/kidney beans for protein and mixed frozen vegetables both of which cost next to nothing and go a long way and some oily fish or fatty meat and eat some citrus fruit, you could live happily off that indefinitely and be healthy.
>>
>>28647015
Switch to oats and lentils then, you can live for pennies a day.
>>
>>28647879
You get huge amounts of vitamin D from lard and ox liver.
>>
>>28650851
Yeah their diet is the main thing, I wouldn't try it with the shit american animals eat though. You could live completely off pork from a pig that lived outside and ate a natural diet.
>>
>>28651979
this.

also, buy vitamin and mineral supplements that will last you for a while so your body will at least have some nutrients.
>>
>>28646190
No, you will succumb to beriberi and eventually scurvy. You will die. Painfully. Supplement with some fresh greens and eggs and you'll be able to live for quite a while, though.
>>
>>28646190
For a few months, yes.

With beans and rice I reckon you could survive a year or two.
>>
>>28646277
never heard of fish sauce , do you have pic of what you using ?
>>
>>28646190
>o maybe that has something to do with
i have eaten white rise , but i had next to it a suace made of kebab and different vegtables.
and pured chilli suas on it.

i recommend that.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.