[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you realized you weren't special or intelligent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 13
File: 1424991401624s.jpg (7 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1424991401624s.jpg
7 KB, 240x232
>tfw you realized you weren't special or intelligent
>>
>>28645394
>tfw you're intelligent but it doesn't matter at all
>>
Yup...I fell for the I am smart but too lazy to dedicate myself meme. Turns out I am just retarded.
>>
Still haven't gotten to that point. Still find everyone around me to be mindless sheep I want to strangle to death.
>>
>tfw special
>especially worthless
>>
File: pepesw.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
pepesw.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
>tfw you realize the jews are infinitely more intelligent than you
>>
>tfw you realize intelligence and wealth have zero correlation
>tfw you realize,the only thing that really matter is how broken your moral compass is
>tfw you realize lacking empathy is a strength in this world

Sure, life is set in stone. Just not in the way that STEMcels would have you believe.
>>
>>28645586
I doubt that's true. They are infinitely more morally bankrupt than you are though.
>>
>tfw dropped out of college
>tfw you remember all the stress and effort that went towards getting good grades from the time you were 5 years old all the way until after your teen years
>tfw all of it was for absolutely nothing and didn't matter at all
>tfw could have coasted by with Ds and would be in the same place
>>
File: 1462983726638.jpg (78 KB, 388x445) Image search: [Google]
1462983726638.jpg
78 KB, 388x445
>>28646193
I for one certainly know this feel.

>tfw you realize you're a stunted manchild while your former intellectual inferiors have moved on to become mature adults
>>
>>28646193
>>28646260
holy shit IKTF.
>tfw I should have just switched to a no-effort major and graduated instead of getting kicked out and being stuck in community college at 23
>>
>>28646193
>Took AP classes in high school to 'get ahead'
>dropped out 2nd semester because suicide attempt
>people I know are graduating

At least I hit bottom a while ago and I've found purpose in nihilism
>>
>>28646286
Lucky me, I actually did that.

Computer engineering required actual effort, but I have no effort or disciprinu to give (+ anxiety from being a sperg and having OCD = no meeting deadlines)...switched to English teacher, will have summers free and get to feel like an intellectual superior again with my high IQ number that ultimately means nothing. Nevertheless, the peers I study with are all well adjusted morons, so I can judge their stupidity again from my high horse.

>Did something right for once.
>>
i dont believe in innate intelligence
its just the desire to learn/ the will power to succeed
>>
>>28646336
just so you know, you're probably following the "doctrine" of absurdism rather than nihilism (by definition anyways):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism
>>
>>28646065

sauce or it didn't happen

lucario
>>
File: tumblr_n0x9kq6F5P1s9eqayo1_400.jpg (21 KB, 307x403) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0x9kq6F5P1s9eqayo1_400.jpg
21 KB, 307x403
>>28645394
>tfw when you woke up and realized you made yourself special and intelligent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwLtyvGdNbc
>>
>>28645394
>tfw special....special ed..
>>
>>28645993
The system rewards this kind of behavior.
>>
everyone has to realize this at some point, and then they get depressed because their illusions of self have been shattered. But one you come to terms with the fact that you are no better than anyone else, it is a powerful realization that helps you develop an internal locus of self esteem, and you find that you are a lot happier because you stopped comparing yourself to others and feeling like you need to compete with people in order to have self worth in life.
>>
>>28645394
>tfw you thought you were smart but lazy
>you were in fact stupid and lazy

AAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>28646065
You know you can just buy your way into Harvard right?
>>
>put in gifted program in elementary school
>coast through middle school
>dick around for a year in high school, get it together and get good grades the rest of the time
>crush the SAT
>get into extremely good college
>doing pretty meh
>no idea what to do for a living
is this it? is this what everyone pressuring me to do well was all for? have i achieved something by being pushed to succeed?
>>
>>28646065
>murika

almost every white person here has some jew in them

nice citation by the way
>>
>>28647746
I'd kill to be you buddy

I didn't try hard enough but know have tons of job leads, and you're squandering your shit
>>
>>28647516
Hah you think you can turn my life around with your wisdom and good advice?

But seriously, this is pretty much it. Like I started excercising, but I havent told any off my friends because I was always tired of hearing feedback. I kept it to myself and did it for me and I feel a lot better now. People are even starting to notice differences now. It wasn't about being the biggest or strongest guy. Just improving myself.

Just do what you can do improve yourself.
>>
File: right_in_the_feels.png (59 KB, 506x608) Image search: [Google]
right_in_the_feels.png
59 KB, 506x608
>tfw delivering a pizza to the house of a high school teacher who always told me he believed in me and that he knew I would do big things
>tfw he recognized me and while he didn't say it I know he was disappointed
>>
>>28647803
i mean i'm still in school, but i just feel like i was supposed to do more
like i'm betraying everyone's expectations of me, and how everyone thinks i'm so fucking smart but i've amounted to nothing so far and probably won't do anything special
>>
People have been telling me I'm smart my whole life, but what fucking good is it

If I was so smart I'd be able to figure out how to live
>>
File: 1463500109063.png (378 KB, 700x659) Image search: [Google]
1463500109063.png
378 KB, 700x659
>slightly above average intelligence made me coast through ele and middle school very easy
>tfw as soon as any effort was required i dropped far behind everybody else
>>
File: 1457099420155.jpg (281 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1457099420155.jpg
281 KB, 800x800
>>28645394
>mfw seeing the old chad from highschool again
>mfw he's homeless on the street corner begging for dosh
>mfw spitting on him and taking the meagre amount money he had left on him
>>
>>28647969
did typing out this scenario make you feel better anon?
>>
File: 1463347665542.jpg (50 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1463347665542.jpg
50 KB, 500x281
>i fell for the "you're incredibly smart, but lazy" meme
>>
>sit through another emotionally charged class discussion in sociology without contributing a single thought
>believe I can easily see through the half baked arguments and appeals to emotion used by the outspoken chads and staceys of the class
>constantly catch myself slipping into a state of illusory superiority
>"at least they're saying SOMETHING. Do I even have a coherent opinion on what we're talking about?"
>accept that I am no more knowledgeable, clever, or intelligent than almost everyone I know or will know
>shed my ego after a lengthy period of introspection
>I know nothing and I shouldn't pretend that I know anything
>>
>tfw smart but lazy as fuck

>tfw i could be the next einstein if i put effort into my life

sorry low IQ cucks, you only wish you could know these feels
>>
>>28647862
Holy shit IKTF far to well brother.
>>
>>28647862
This is me except one of my old teachers came in to the restaurant I work at. It's a horrible feeling.
>>
>>28645586
infinitely is a strong word.

It's true when it comes to certain measures of intelligent they score a bit higher than the rest of the US population (117 to 100) but their score is really probably more like 113, and in any case, they're factoring in niggers, spics, and irish. a purebred German or Wasp could probably get a little closer.

And that's only in certain measures of intelligence. They're not that special with mathematics, but then again no white ethnicity is at the top their. That's the NE Asians.
>>
>>28647862
So? He's a high school teacher, how can he really look down at you?
>>
>>28647862
Fuck that would be one of the worst feels ever, condolences
>>
>>28648084
>117
>tfw way more intelligent than jews
Hitler would be proud of me.
>>
>tfw the only thing that will ever matter is your social standing and looks as intelligence becomes reduntant
>>
File: 142357464543.jpg (5 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
142357464543.jpg
5 KB, 200x193
>>28647862
>senior year my ap english teacher tells me I'm one of the best writers she's ever had and how much potential I have
>three years later she comes into the bar I work at
>could clearly see the disapproval and pity in her face
>>
File: hunter gatherer facies.jpg (10 KB, 203x249) Image search: [Google]
hunter gatherer facies.jpg
10 KB, 203x249
>implying anyone gives af about intelligence

It's all about the face.
>>
>>28648329
i'm both, this isn't true
you have to not be socially retarded and know how to play the game
>>
>>28648298
>only giving you three years to have your big break as a writer

Don't let that be the thing that discourages you, m8.
>>
File: RUTHLESS SKULLMOG.png (487 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
RUTHLESS SKULLMOG.png
487 KB, 650x433
>>28648338
It's impossible to be good looking and 'socially retarded'.

Tbh, you just aren't good looking enough.
>>
>>28648358
sure man, i'm sure you know my social ability a lot better than i do
are you attractive? is this why you can say this to me with such certainty? i'm pretty envious, since i've just been informed i'm not
>>
>>28648298
>implying working at a bar is not the paradigm of the literary lifestyle
>>
>>28648354
>>28648407
I told her that I was going to a good school, so she would have expected me to be an "academic" by now, not a bartender.
>>
>>28648444
bartenders pull in more than a lot of english majors
>>
>tfw you realize you're not American

Why fucking live?
>>
>>28648966
Unless you're in some slavic shithole, you are better off, trust me.
>>
>>28647869
This is exactly me. Supposedly I got like 150+ in some iq test I took in 3rd or 4th grade and I'm now doing mediocre in uni. I've been sitting around today with practically no concentration because I'm trying to come to some sort of realization that will show me that my current position is not indicative of my real intelligence or value. Like, obviously I want to be someone special and somehow make a large difference in the world, but I am starting to realize that I just don't really care about academia. It might sound pathetic but I'm fucking split in two because I apparently have the potential to be some brilliant person, but I simply cannot force myself to become an academic.
I am so disillusioned by this conflict that I am beginning to delude myself into believing that people who get high grades are basically lemmings who aren't more intelligent than I but rather are quite braindead and as a result can subject themselves to 2 hour long lectures everyday and pay complete attention and then happily go home and work on some lame ass homework problems.
This is leading me down a road of nihilism; this past week I have come to a couple of realizations about society and people in general that have provoked a deep loss in my motivation. Fuck, my brother is the smartest person I know and he went through something just like this and he ended up getting a sub 3.0 gpa. Maybe I'm just a dumbass and I need to believe that I am superior to others because my life is so fucking dead and I have literally nothing.
>>
>>28645394
>tfw you realize most ppl just care about money and social status
>tfw universities are so badly designed today (both professors-side and students-side)
>tfw "students" just go to school to get good grades (i.e. numbers, just plain numbers) on a sheet and a final paper with a...number (!) on it that supposedly tell somebody what you're worth.
>tfw I see my brother gettin' his degree and getting high marks just by memorizing shit and splitting it on tests.
>tfw all of this makes you feel dumb. You got a low grades/dropped? You're dumb!

I just don't care about "intelligence" anymore. Everyone seems to have a broken idea of what intelligence really is. All people seems to think school grades/diplomas = intelligence. Oh, boy!
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.