[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I failed at uni, failed at socializing, let alone failed at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 1461892870587.jpg (13 KB, 200x240) Image search: [Google]
1461892870587.jpg
13 KB, 200x240
So I failed at uni, failed at socializing, let alone failed at getting a gf and now I am 23 and parents are kicking me out soon. Also 28K in debt. If any of you can give me advice to better myself or at least get back on my feet, be my guest. Suicide might be an option but I only have a 32 caliber handgun which wont off me as easily, so suicide right now is out of the question.
>>
Ill give you 28K to be my gf
>>
>>28643884
I was here man I just got a shitty job and a shitty apt its not that bad the folk eventually let me come back
>>
>28K in debt
Fuck man, time to run. Live on the road.
>>
>28k in debt
Jesus fucking christ why would you fall for the uni meme with no means of paying for it?
I got out at just 10k and at least I can wait for my family to die to pay for that. You sound just about fucked dude.
Do you at least have job experience?
>>
The caliber doesn't make a whole lot of difference when it's crashing through your skull.
>>
>>28643884
Well, if you're all about the suicide option, rope and a chair is a time proven method of doing it.

However, here's what I would suggest. Assuming you're not disabled and you don't suffer from any big health issues (aside from depression), potentially consider joining the military. Best case scenario is that you get a renewed sense of how to live life, develop a strong work ethic, and make some decent friends potentially while doing it. Worst case, your depression doesn't get better, you find yourself a few hundred yards away from the next closest guy, and you got a shiny new pistol that is a higher caliber than the one you had.
>>
Ill give you 100K to be my gf
>>
>>28643940
>believing this
Bullshit, handgun caliber size perform wildly differently in terms of ballistics at point blank range. A .38 spcl is probably the best size for suicide, 9mm you risk overpenetration, anything 10mm or larger will do fine as well but is more cost prohibitive.

Also friendly reminder that surviving exorbitant cranial trauma is incredibly common if only for a period of minutes, but whatever your issues in life you do NOT want to die from exsanguination of the Brain.
>>
>faggots freak out at 28k debt
HAHAHA TRY 85K IN DEBT
>>
I'm just some guy online with no really worthwhile advice to spout, but I hope things work out for you. Pretty awful situation to be in and I'd be just as confused as you. A lot of people say "hope for the best but expect the worst," and maybe that's all you can do. Try to look at the bright side of things and do your best to not give up. We can all make it friend, we only need to figure out how. My sincerest regards.
>>
>>28643934
Mechanical Enigneering was my major...didnt work out in my favour. Way harder than I expected. I dont want to spend any more. I do have at least a year of work experience in an office and thats about it.
I am not sure about how much i need to pay student loans monthly but I hope its arouns 200-400usd a month at least. If I get a job, I might convince my parents to let me stay until I get a managble income to survive on my own.
>>
>>28644021
I give u 85K to be my gf
>>
>>28643954
This anon probably has the onlu acceptable real idea. Join the military, take whatever position they give you, if you don't want to go career then look for a gov't job once you get out.
Also, if you can lower your debt by declaring bankruptcy, look into that
>>
I didn't fail uni, but i'm 26 years old, 120k in uni debt and live at home. I work a minimum wage despite finishing Law school and help the parents with the rent and bills. So I will most likely live with them until I die.

Needless to say if you think you've failed, there are people far worse off than you.

I have a friend who is 27, lives at home with no tertiary education up his belt and just watches anime all day. So I'd like to imagine you have four years to do better than him.
>>
>>28644055
Is the Airforce worth looking into? Seems like they dont really see combt roles too often.
>>
>>28644082
99% of the military never sees combat, Chair Force usually tries to take the slightly-less-stupid grunts. It's worth looking into but don't turn your nose up at something else for delusions of Top Gun-esque grandeur.
>>
>>28644042
>Fell for the stem meme
Please tell me you didn't have a shit gpa. You should've figured out early on whether it was feasible or not.

Also, being social is still necessary, so robots would tend to still fail even if they do well academically in stem.
>>
Become a vagabond and fuck with normies anyway that you can. It's what i'm doing when mommy kicks me out
>>
>>28644145
Seems every degree is a meme. What is one supposed to do in life?
>>
>People actually get into debt.
Laugh. Out. Loud.
Not even once. Debt is always a choice, like being fat or smoking cigarettes.
>>
>>28643884
I'm 22 and a college dropout, used to be in a similar situation.

honestly your best shot at the moment is probably something drastic. like someone else suggested, military is probably the best option. debt hunters can't fuck with you and you'll be able to pay them off and get a decent amount of money when you leave service. make sure you do a lot of research because military can fuck you over if you're not careful. if you know what you're doing it can definitely be worthwhile.

if I was in a situation like yours I would honestly join the military and try to score well on the ASVAB so I can become an engineer or something.
>>
>>28644145
>Also, being social is still necessary,
Haha no
A friend of mine's bi-polar crazy ass sister who literally never leaves her room is taking courses in Neuroscience research and is on the Dean's list at a state university, she does nothing in her spare time but play WoW

Granted their grandparents are LOADED but still she's destroying her courses so hard she's thinking of taking up medschool just to be in school longer. STEM is a dream for people who are actually as autism-savant as most /r9k/ers claim to be
>>
>>28644120
I see. I probably wouldnt be able to do any flying though due to my ease of getting motion sickness. I shoukd still be able to join right?

>>28644145
Parents pretty much forced me to try to get my degree, even after I fucked up the first time. I would had done an easy degree like History or English seeing as I am very good at those majors but they dont have good job prospects. I really did fell for the stem meme.

>>28644182
How much were you expected to pay per month in loans. How much did you earn in the military if you dont mind me asking?
>>
>>28644175
True, but you might as well go for something you are interested in/good at.

But yes, all undergrads are a meme. All that matters is being social. Sadly, we aren't taught this as children, and it is often discouraged. Teachers and parents are retarded and we pay the price.
>>
>>28644177
>Debt is always a choice, like being fat
Goddamnit this kind of shit is why I love this board
But you're right, if I hadn't been pressured by my family into going to college ASAP after I left highschool I'd have never settled for student debt
>>
>>28644244
Postgrads are a meme too unfortunately. Anyone that thinks a Masters or PhD means anything in this day and age are deluded. Employers are also now hiring a shit tonne of kids straight out of Highschool.
>>
>>28644262
Same. I would had prefered working a minimal wage job and then work my way out to a better postion. At least then, I would had no debt and room for self improvement.
>>
>>28644281
masters degrees are usually only good for increases in pay, and PhDs are only good if you really want to do something in particular (college professor is the main thing).
>>
>>28644234
Most of what the Chair Force does is computer desk work now, if you retained anything from your engineering courses you may be able to get a good job. A friend of my family is in the CF and does nothing but run the mathematical aerodynamics on planes and helicopters all day, she's pretty much gone career with it and has never touched a gun.

Regardless of what you end up doing, the military will just throw money at you for education, and the GI Bill alone will fasttrack you to getting a real job if military life isn't for you.

That said all of this requires you to perform well on the ASVAB
>>
>>28644281
My parents have talked about how I will probably get a masters immediately after graduating.
My sisters doing the same thing right now.

What they can't seem to comprehend is that it will do me no good. I'm pretty fucked senpai.
>>
>>28644283
At least I have good enough test scores that I can spend some time unfucking my grades from my first year drop-out and probably get a decent scholarship to a not-dogshit university if I ever decide I want to.
>>
>>28644372
I actually did very well in High School (top 10 percent). Would applying to another uni using my high school stuff be more reasonable. Maybe I can even get a scholarship?
>>
>>28644440
Once you've gone to tertiary education it becomes very hard to convince any other uni or college to only take your highschool grades. The closest you can do is cheap community college classes to boost your GPA, retake whatever applicable tests (ACT, SAT, etc) and apply at another university, but you'll usually go in at whatever year you left from previously, unless class credits don't transfer.

Considering you went at least a pretty good ways through your major courses it's unlikely you'll get any major scholarships. Unless you're a demi-racial kitchen skilletsexual that identifies as a Chinook attack helicopter, but that's a whole other issue.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.