[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>got invited to a normie gathering >possibly up to 15
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1462756479080.jpg (60 KB, 656x525) Image search: [Google]
1462756479080.jpg
60 KB, 656x525
>got invited to a normie gathering
>possibly up to 15 people will be there

Am I going to make it after all, guys? How do I survive this?
>>
>>28643823
Get drunk easiest way, alcohol is literraly medicine for dealing with/ becoming a normie
>>
Stand awkwardly in the corner and don't talk to anyone. That's how I do it, works well so far...

... if you want to be forever alone :(
>>
>>28643848
Unfortunately I'm going to need to drive right afterwards.

>>28643854
This is what I've always done. It hasn't worked very well.
>>
>>28644189
the question is, do you even like these people?
If you do, you shouldn't have many problems. It's going to be awkward at first but push through the anxiety and you'll feel okay
>>
>>28644189
>Unfortunately I'm going to need to drive right afterwards

Cucking yourself out of the only thing that could make it enjoyable
>>
>>28644990
>push through the anxiety
What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>28645187
Talk to people even though it feels fucked up and pointless and you feel anxious about it.
after a while you will become somewhat comfortable with the people you are talking to.
>>
>>28645213
>Talk to people
You say that as if it's just a simple action like walking. What are you supposed to say? How are you supposed to figure out which combination of words is supposed to come out of your mouth to achieve a positive "conversation"? No one has ever given me a coherent answer to this question.
>>
>>28645262
Just b urself anon seriously, if you say whatever comes to mind and the person you talk to is worthwhile a good conversation will come of it.
My friend and I literally make autistic noises and shit lmao
>>
>>28645353
>Just b urself
WHAT DOES THAT FUCKING MEAN YOU PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>28645364
It means kill yourself. You're obviously not made out for it
>>
File: 1462059641074.gif (376 KB, 500x469) Image search: [Google]
1462059641074.gif
376 KB, 500x469
>>28645262
anon talking to people is easy

ask them simple questions that allow them to continue talking about themselves or their own shit

if you talk, chances are you'll talk for too long

KEEP IT SHORT
a quick comment that relates to something they said, or a quick question that allows them to continue talking

PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT TO TALK
THEY DON'T WANT TO LISTEN
WHEN ThEY LISTEN THEy are only pretending to be interested... THey are pretty much waiting for it to be their turn again

So keep it short and keep it simple..

1/?
>>
>>28645262
Ask them questions about themselves, but about topics that genuinely interest you.

For example, "have you played X game or seen X movie?" Don't overthink it if you think your interests are too niche.. normies like anime too. If the person keeps responding no to everything you ask, switch gears and talk about something not entertainment related, like politics. You could ask who they plan to vote for.

Basically, seem interested in the other person, but try to navigate to topics where both people have something to say. If someone asks YOU a question and the answer is no, don't just say no. Say "No, but--"

For example, "Have you seen this new movie?"

"No, but I was planning to/I heard it sucked/ I don't like that, I like this instead."
>>
>>28645262
>>28646154

ALso, there is a weird thing about talking... and i know this is weird to say..

BUt try to agree with everything the person is saying, even if you disagree

BE AGREEABLE

disagreement or even worse correction when someone is talking is TERRIBLE

DON"T do it

true pussies will complain about it later or harbor resentment for interrupting and correcting them publicly

2/?
>>
File: 1462059739940.jpg (104 KB, 401x600) Image search: [Google]
1462059739940.jpg
104 KB, 401x600
>>28645262
>>28646154
>>28646313

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQaLYD6E9Wk

Chris rock talks about active listening here
he's talking about women but it holds true for all people

INTERESTED PEOPLE ARE ATTRACTIVE
INTERESTING PEOPLE ARE NOT

if you can grasp this concept then you are headed in the right direction

check out this guys videos he's cheesy but helpful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beg57qXMZTE
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.