[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Illness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 20
File: 2055.gif (995 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
2055.gif
995 KB, 500x282
Schizophrenia, autism, personality disorders, mood disorders, it's all welcome here.
Share stories, advice, or comfy stuff.
>>
Bipolar disorder, checking in.
>>
>>28641929
Generalized schizo, hello!
>>
>>28641929
I or II?

Bipolar I confirmed maniac reporting in
>>
File: minorities.jpg (69 KB, 650x480) Image search: [Google]
minorities.jpg
69 KB, 650x480
mild-sperglord checking in
>>
Mild aspergers and OCD with anxiety over here.
>>
File: frog.png (11 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
11 KB, 408x408
Borderline Personality Disorder, reporting in.
>>
File: strolgbone.jpg (78 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
strolgbone.jpg
78 KB, 657x527
helo, report in, mayby retarted
>>
>>28642229
are you a massive douche or is this not everyone with BPD
>>
Aspergers syndrome, depression and severe social anxiety checking in here, what's good
>>
schizoaffective masterrace reporting in

[spoilers]i have seen the face of god and lived[/spoilers]
>>
>>28642312
No, everyone with BPD is a massive sack of shit. I'm extremely dramatic and see everything in extremes, and I oscillate between absolutely loving people to hating them with a passion.

I'm a lot better now though, because I recognize that.
>>
About to go to my first psychiatrist visit on Friday. Going to ask him for to give me meds so I can feel good. Any recommendations on what to ask for ? Something that makes you feel generally rly good when you take it...
>>
Do eating disorders count?
>>
File: 1459106275318.jpg (95 KB, 630x853) Image search: [Google]
1459106275318.jpg
95 KB, 630x853
>self D I A G N O S E D
>>
Does aspergers get worse with age? I used to be pretty normal but ever since i got diagnosed everything went downhill. Or is it just me becoming self aware?
>>
>>28642444
generally that's a symptom of a mental illness rather than the actual mental illness. eating disorders are a form of self harm, like cutting. you might have traits of the one of the personality disorders, like bpd or hpd.
>>
Never been formally diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure I have multiple personality disorder, bipolar, ptsd and I'm pretty certain I'm psychotic. I get into fights with all kinds of people wether I win or lose, I love fighting and seeing people get hurt/getting hurt by others. Was never really able to hurt myself though, always catch myself talking to myself unexpectedly if that makes sense. I've had type 1 diabetes my whole life, have pretty much died on multiple occasions, lived a kind of life people only see in movies, no real friends, have also taken enough psychedelics to drive any normal person off the brink into a catatonic state of insanity. Been looking for peace lately though, I'm not as young as I once was. AMA I guess
>>
Bipolar 2 here. Just got off mood stabilizers; they turned me into a fucking retard.
>>
i read a wiki page and im pretty sure im just like Dexter lol ;)

i also took an online quiz that said my IQ was really high so that's why nobody likes me.

>tfw you can't make real problems a meme like "mental illness"
>>
>>28642483
You learn to cope with some things better than when you were a child, but some stuff can also get worse when the pressure of adult life kicks in. At least it did for me. I didn't use to have meltdowns, now I can have them. Since I'm on the mild side of the spectrum, I am mostly sensitive to light and texture, so it isn't too easy to trigger still.
>>
I think I have a mental illness but I'm mostly just sure that I'm fucked up.
>>
>>28642507
>hi guys, i'm edgy
>>
>>28642540
Don't you have something better to do besides being a fucking retard?
>>
File: 97ca8a1ec88308ff.gif (499 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
97ca8a1ec88308ff.gif
499 KB, 500x280
>>28642527
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjoooooooooooooooooooo
e
b
i
c meme duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude
>>
>>28642501
Probably, although t b h I can't really remember how it started but it happened.

I have OCD, but I don't think its related to the ED
>>
Why does r9k hate those with BPD? I'm legit curious.
>>
>>28642569
>im such a smart and edgy young boy, just please pay attention to me.
>>
gimme that schizoid pd
>>
I've never been diagnosed but I'm pretty sure I have schizophrenia because I get mad whenever my mom makes me clean up my room
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 750x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 750x370
>borderline personality disorder
>crippling depression/panic attacks
>constant paranoia
>paranoia causes me to accidentally push away friends
>they try to help me, but decided that I wasn't "trying hard enough" to fix my mental illness
>all my friends abandoned me
all I have is you, anons
>>
>>28641907
Im dating a trans girl
>>
Haven't been diagnosed but I did an online test.

Disorder | Rating

ParanoidPersonality | Moderate
SchizoidPersonality | High
SchizotypalPersonality | High
AntisocialPersonality | Moderate
BorderlinePersonality | High
HistrionicPersonality | Moderate
NarcissisticPersonality | Moderate
AvoidantPersonality | High
DependentPersonality | High
Obsessive-CompulsivePersonality | Very High

URL of the test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv
URL for more info: http://www.4degreez.com/disorder/index.html

Should I see a doctor?
>>
>PSA
If you self diagnose, you are a fucking shit tier.
>>
>>28642917
Sorry, I don't know If I have anything I just wanted to know if I should see someone.
>>
I've been reading up a lot on schizoid personality disorder lately. I think I may have it, or if not it, something with symptoms so absurdly similar that it really makes no difference. I'm almost temped to see a psychiatrist just so that I can get a diagnosis (or not) and have some closure. It would be very nice to know for certain what exactly my problem is, because I refuse to believe that I'm just some uber-introvert or some shit, it just doesn't seem accurate.

I've also realized though that personality disorders are very abstract and subjective. Whether or not someone technically has one is basically just the opinion some psychiatrist, seeing as how there is no scientific way to confirm it. Very strange to think about.
>>
>>28642936
Self diagnosing is some tumblr grade bullshit m8. But if you think you have something wrong, b all means go talk to a therapist, seek help. Just don't claim i have this cause i think/ i took a test and it says this.
>>
i looked at a horoscope and according to it i'm an absolute madman!

>this board actually had some fucked up people at one time who mocked pussy angsty teenagers and now its just awkward losers unironically memeing themselves about "mental disorders"
>>
>>28642967
I didn't say that, I was just asking if I should see someone.

Also when I saw a doctor last time they didn't help me at all.
>>
>>28641907
I've recently have just started having intense feelings of paranoia randomly and for no reason. Should i go see a doctor?
>>
>>28642898
It wouldn't hurt to see someone, but I wouldn't take those tests seriously.
>>
File: Aviator_Pepe.jpg (125 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Aviator_Pepe.jpg
125 KB, 600x600
Diagnosed Emotional-Unstable PD with high impulsivity checking in.
>literally the best excuse for every bullshit you pull, ever

Get on my level, n00bs.
>>
>>28642999
Okay.

I've just felt like shit for ages and just want someone to say If I have something, because I don't feel okay and its pissing me off.
>>
>>28641907

autism, ocd, adhd, major depressive disorder and ASPD
>>
I was nervous with my girlfriend last night when we went to a nice restuarant because i didn't know how much to tip. Should i see a doctor?
>>
>>28643042
Yeah, it sounds like you might be schizophrenic.
>>
>>28641907
Diagnosed with depression.

Recently started to really wonder if I have schizoid pd. Not worth seeing a professional for confirmation, though; I hate doctors.

If any confirmed schizoids could assist me, I would be very appreciative.
>>
>>28643053
fuck that's my worst nightmare senpai. hope i get some meds ayy lmao
>>
healthy mind reporting in
>>
UUmmmm?

What the hell? Why the fuck would you make this thread? For what purpose could it possibly exist to serve? Was there honestly any reason to start this? Could you really not have gone your whole life without starting this? I really don't see any reason for it to exist. It's like' "hey, let's start a stupid fucking thread that serves no fucking purpose!" Do you enjoy this? Is this your twisted way of having fun? Are you enjoying yourself? Why would you do this? And why the fuck have so many people replied to this shitty thread? Who would subjugate themselves to such self-loathing? Is there any reason? Do they get off on it? Why? Who does that? You guys are a bunch of disgusting freaks. I don't even know why i come here anymore.
>>
>went to a psychologist to see about depression
>it turns out i have aspergers

Learning more about the symptoms of aspergers, im not sure why i didn't see it before.
>>
>>28643174

That's a really gross picture desu. I wish you hadn't posted it. I don't want to look at such images. You are gross and prolly a virgin.
>>
>>28643172
heh
this made me chuckle anon thanks
>>
Got Depression/Anxiety

I dont want to take the pills. I can find my own way out.
>>
think I have mood disorder. One week i felt like life is bretty gud and being a chad is easy, but the next week i'm a total self-cutting/loathing emo little cunt.
>>
Autism and Schizophrenia here.
>>
Depressive disorder

>take things one day at at a time
>only go online at night
>try and read books during the day
>only thing that interests me
>quite comforting actually
>ignore family
>try not to come off as a bitch to others
>people as why i don't smile or look happy
>at least trying
>>
>>28642022
Hey there bud! How's your sphere of subjectivity going?
>>
>>28642331
How many times must I die before I wake up?
>>
If you guys would just be yourself and not identify as some " medical definition" you could be happy
>>
>>28641907
BPD, thankfully i realize this so i try to avoid any human contact
>>
File: 1445666754091.jpg (83 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1445666754091.jpg
83 KB, 722x349
>>28642865
>paranoia causes me to accidentally push away friends
In the exact situation right now, but they haven't ostracized me yet.
This just happened to me about two weeks ago,and I haven't spoken to them since.
Is the damage irreparable or do I still have a chance?
>>
I don't know if I'm a weak person or not. I mean I went through shit that chad has never had to and i still haven't killed myself. Maybe I haven't done it because I'm too lazy or scared, I dunno. I can't give up on the idea that things will get better but it just seems so hard not to.
>>
bumping with tism

>select all trains
>>
>>28644992
>just bee yourselves guise!
fuck you
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 390x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 390x377
>>28641907
Just got referred to a psychologist yesterday. First time I've opened up even slightly to someone and apparently I have insane anxiety levels.

What experience have you guys had with psychologists? I spent 15 minutes with a doctor yesterday and felt better, can I expect the same from an hour session with someone else?
>>
>>28642976
>nostalgia this hard

Idiot, there have always been faggot edgelords on this board

I remember years ago people posting about how they were super clever but never tried
>>
I just got turned down by a 50 year old homeless woman, someone hold me
>>
How do you even get a psychologist appointment? Do you just call and say you're fucked in the head?

I just want pills because my potential ADD is making me want to off myself
>>
Asperger's Syndrome and General Anxiety

life sucks
>>
>>28642967
>absolutely certain I have OCD
>extensively looked into it and there is just no possible way what I experience is standard brain fare
>don't want to bother seeing a psych because all I'll get are shit-tier meds (lmao SSRIs) and exposure therapy big deal

Give me a good reason.
>>
>Can't tell if moodswings are real or imaginary
>Depressed/anxious
>Got xanax because didn't want anti-depressants
>End up just abusing the fuck out of them
>Drop them, get anti-depressants
>See psych, didn't help because I couldn't stop myself from lying about a shitload of stuff so she would only end up helping with minor stuff
>Stop going
>Swap anti-depressants a bunch over two years
>None work
>Just cold turkey stopped lexapro two days ago because sick of the lack of feeling

I think I'm just going to embrace my crazy because otherwise there aren't those highs to get through the low points.
>>
>>28644887
i have lost my identity and all the connections to reality that come with having one
>>
>>28641907
Currently hospitalized at a mental institution for bipolar disorder
Turned myself in because I started threatening loved ones during a manic episode
>>
I am so happy to hear that all you young men are getting help or looking for help with your mental disorders.

I know personally that not everyone does and it has ruined many lives.
God bless you boys. May JESUS CHRIST heal your mind and souls
>>
https://m.youtube.com/?hl=es&gl=ES#/watch?v=sKa0eaKsdA0
what do you schizo anons see?
>>
>paranoid
high
>schizotypal
high

i took the test about a year ago and i didn't get this. fuck
also
>bordeline
very high
>avoidant
very high
>dependant
very high
looks like i'm royaly fucked
>>
I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety, but I sort of wonder if its not something else.

Is there any way to figure this out?
>>
>>28649981
I heard that
>>
File: 1463535140877.png (246 KB, 598x337) Image search: [Google]
1463535140877.png
246 KB, 598x337
>>28650969
Exact same results here, family
We're completely screwed.
>>
childhood trauma with asperger's reporting in
>>
>>28642285
Best post itt, you lovable you
>>
>tfw i've lost the ability to smile
the fuck is happening to me, even when i want to i can't do it
>>
paranoid schizoid

apparently that means I like being alone and don't trust people
And I'm taking abilify for it

fucking doctors I don't want fucking drugs I like myself
>>
>seasonal depression in autumn/winter
>hayfever/photophobia in spring/summer

Who /fuckedforlife/ here?
>>
>>28642540
>hi edgy, i'm dad
>>
>>28642349
how to live with BPD? i think i might have it and it's interfering my relationship with my imaginary waifu. Pls halp
>>
I think im getting some form of schizo. I've had paychotic breaks in the past where it felt like I was a stranger in someone elses body and life. Not recognizing family friends or my surroundings, feeling like I was on an alien planet. I also have delusional thoughts like my neighbors communicate with me subconsciously as well as random people on the street. This either was triggered by or started when I was snorting a lot of ritalin, I also smoked weed daily for a couple years starting in high school. Last night it felt like there was a TV playing in my head and I couldnt turn it off, like different voices amd personas but I knew they were all just my thoughts manifesting themselves in that way. I hope it doesn't progress any further and I've wuit all drugs. I'm most likely slightly derealized right now and who knows what delusions are true or not. Either way I'm going to live with jt and realized I can still be happy with my thoughts racing and livingg in psychosis, if thats what it is.
>>
Who here /waitingonpsychiatristappointment/

Nothing feels real
>>
>>28653430
The trick for me at least right now is realizing it is real. You are a human being on a rock in soace. Thats it. You have to find reality and cling to it. Derealization sucks but it can make you stronger, as with a lot of these mental illnesses.
>>
>>28653470
Also go outside and do shit. Sitting at a computer all day makes you forget what reality is, makes you forget you have a body and legs and a head and your vision is just eyes in a skull.
>>
Going back on anti-depressants tomorrow.

Feels bad man.

Took them a while ago, but I wasn't so depressed then, so I just stopped after a few months.

Now I've hit rock bottom. I feel either hopeless, tired, tearful or anxious. No friends, still a KHV. Life is shit.

Seriously doubt I'll ever even kiss anyone, who'd want to be with a loser like me?
>>
A question for schizophrenics:

Were you born in winter, specifically in January? Were you prematurely born?

Apparently these have a connection to development of schizophrenia later in life and I want to know if you guys can confirm
>>
Schizo, narcissist, socio, anxiety
None of these seem to hold me back in my life.
>>
I don't buy into any of those, even though I am officially diagnosed with depression.
>>
Just a late reminder that SPD doesn't exist and it's nothing more than a personality trait hardwired since birth.
>>
{spoiler}I dunno man, but this feels really fucking shit and I hope this works{/spoiler}
>>
>>28643276
Depression and anxiety aren't the same thing, you dolt.
>>28648285
Go see a clinical doctor first and he will recommend a psychiatrist for you to see.
>>
>read that sperg kids are prone to game addictions
>I have big problems with game addiction

Fuck me
>>
Schizophrenic here.
I was diagnosed years ago when I was 18 or 20 I think, right now I can't get a therapist, so can anyone recomend any pills? They gave me atrolak, but it's shit.
They are easy to get in my country, but I'm not sure which one should I buy.
>>
>>28642967
I mean, you realize its all guess work.

Sure they have a degree. But at the end of the day, all they do is look at the evidence and make an educated guess.
They can easily be wrong, and often are.
>>
>>28642349
You can't speak for everyone senpai, you might be a sack of shit though
>>
File: 1462815401846[1].png (1 MB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1462815401846[1].png
1 MB, 919x720
Any Bipolar roasties in here? Or even dudes too I guess.

Do you ever change the way you feel about someone completely, overnight? Like go from loving someone to not having feelings and blaming them for your problems.
My (ex)girlfriend did this to me. She was diagnosed depressed but after reading a lot of posts about Bipolar, it sounds like she may be misdiagnosed.
>>
>>28641907
Schizoid, schizophrenic, autistic, clinically depressed, apathetic, psychopathic, anti-social personality disorder, "ADHD" (it's not adhd but I got it in the papers for convenience, as a mix of other issues causes me similar problems that respond to the same meds, so yeah), tic disorder, anger issues, and a bit more that I can't be bothered going through the papers for. Best part is that physically I'm exceptionally healthy and a general winner in the genetic lottery, but I manage to fuck up in every possible way psych wise. No developmental handicaps thankfully.
>>
>>28654465
It's essentially this.

t. Masters in Psychology currently pursuing a PsyD in clinical psychology.
>>
>>28654734
I think you're confusing borderline personality disorder (BPD) with bipolar disorder (BP). I have bipolar type 1 and it only affects my mood, not how I feel about people. When I'm manic my feelings are magnified, when I'm depressed they're muted. Blaming someone else for your problems is extremely immature. It sounds more to me like she had a shitty personality, not a mental illness.
>>
>>28654735
Some of those are mutually exclusive you liar.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 362x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 362x282
>>28654734
>letting posts on a chinese basket weaving forum diagnose your gf

bipolars need to have both depressive and manic episodes to be diagnosed faggot
a lot of bipolars go undiagnosed for a period of time because a manic episode has to meet certain criterion for an official diagnosis. anyway your gf is probably a histrionic borderline slut like all other females
>>
>>28654807
>bipolars need to have both depressive and manic episodes to be diagnosed
Not true, you can be diagnosed type I bipolar with just manic episodes.

Type Is cycle between normal and manic or depressed and manic, type IIs cycle between depressed and hypomanic.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 720x529) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 720x529
>>28654736
>studying psychology
>>
>>28654806
Which ones? Blox.
>>
>>28654940
different anon but schizoid can't coexist with clinical depression
you can't cling to diagnoses made by different doctors, especially when they contradict each other , it's time for reevaluation
>>
ADHD-PI, Schizotypal PD here. Though I have my doubts about the Schizotypal part. I'm wary of PD's, as they just describe extreme personality traits
>>
>>28654994
Schizoid is one of the most vague diagnosis and can in fact be just a mix of symptoms coming from different mental health problems.
>>
>>28654940
Psychopathy is not compatible with diagnosis of schizophrena, autism or depression (ASPD can be comorbid with depression, but "true" psychopathy can't). Also, psychopathy is only diagnosed in prison populations.
>>
>>28642937
Pro tip: everyone sees bits of themselves in personality disorders.
>>
Telepathic battles aren't fun. This isn't x-men.
>>
>>28642765
Who pissed in your corn flakes? original content, shit nigger.
>>
>>28655051
Who said I never got convicted? Schizophrenia is the only one I tried really hard not to get sticked to me, as it can have troublesome consequences, but I have auditory and visory hallucinations and a few related symptoms. And my depression stems from the fact that my brain does not produce any of the "happiness hormones" when it should. It only does when stimulated in few very specific ways. This also contributes towards my psychopathy, as its implications are behind most of my fucked up traits.
>>
>>28654829
It piqued my interest near the end of high school graduation. Not even a single regret in my decision.

However, becoming a civil engineer was another dream I've had.. or owning a hotel..
>>
>>28655031
SPD is nothing more than a less socially endorsed personality style as it differs little from having an avoidant attachment way of life.
>>
>>28655218
When I was younger and very ill I was misdiagnosed with antisocial personality disorder. To be fair, my behavior and actions lined up exactly with the personality disorder, so it's no wonder they came to that conclusion based off of a few weeks of observation. However, they were incorrect, and their misdiagnosis prevented me from actually getting the care that I needed for years afterwards.

Can you go into detail about your symptoms, how they match up with ASPD, where you were when you were diagnosed, and why you agree with their diagnosis?

Also, why do you insist on using the outdated term "psychopathy" when no modern psychologist uses that diagnosis? When it hasn't been in the DSM for years?
>>
>>28655422
What disorder did you really have?
>>
>>28655542
OCD, bipolar type 1, sexual sadism and paraphilia NOS (necrophilia). A lot harder to diagnose with just a little observation, it took a couple people several years to agree on the diagnosis but it's been unanimous. Also explains my behavior and psychology a LOT better than the personality disorder would alone.
>>
So how exactly do you get diagnosticated?

I feel everytime I'm speaking with a professional my mind is racing too much and thinking about ways to minimalise it to appear less of a failure.

But if I go all out they might think I'm making it up
>>
>>28655597
Was it "pure O" OCD which gave you urges to kill or do something extreme? Otherwise I find it hard they would confuse that for ASPD, even alongside the other things. Interesting though.
>>
undiagnosed aspergers,depression, adhd and anxiety

UN
DIAGNOSED
>>
>>28655422
My symptom relevant to ASPD is that I'm almost completely uncapable of comprehending social constructs/cues/unspoken rules, concepts that cannot be empirically proven, people's behaviour etc etc, only the simplest ones after they are thoroughly deconstructed and proven and even then I do not understand the need to apply them. And I insist on using this term because aspd and psychopathy are significantly different, as their most defining features are being unable to understand and being unable to "feel" respectively, and so does my doctor. I got diagnosed with aspd somewhere in the last years of high school after two different shrinks got baffled by my lack of improvement in terms of not following any expectations, even after legal action was taken against me after I did something and couldn't get on the same page with the authorities.
>>
>>28655598
In my case >>28655422
>>28655597

I was diagnosed at first from seeing a series of psychologists/psychiatrists while I was in the military. They all thought I had psychotic depression. Then I was institutionalized, and while I was there for several weeks the doctors there diagnosed me with a personality disorder. Finally, after I was discharged and after many years of therapy, I saw a series of competent psychiatrists and psychologists that determined the diagnosis that I have now.

With every single one of them I was as honest as possible, only omitting details of illegal activity to save my ass. With any doctor, it's very, very important to describe your symptoms as clearly as you can. Even if you think they won't believe you, it's better for them to hear what's bothering you and eventually dismiss it than to not know the full picture and potentially miss an opportunity to treat you.
>>
>almost completely uncapable of comprehending social constructs/cues/unspoken rules, concepts that cannot be empirically proven, people's behaviour etc etc, only the simplest ones after they are thoroughly deconstructed and proven and even then I do not understand the need to apply them
Sounds more like autism than anything else. The central theme of ASPD is a "pervasive disregard for the rights of others".
>>
>>28655731
Meant as a reply to >>28655690.
>>
File: eat a bag of dicks.png (299 KB, 1231x1326) Image search: [Google]
eat a bag of dicks.png
299 KB, 1231x1326
>summer starts, usually I don't do shit, not like I do shit during the semesters either
>coming off one med to start another
>have a shitton of stuff I'm behind on, mostly paperwork for shit
>will be getting a van soon (already paid for)
>having days where I feel better and worse, more intense emotions common when I go off/on meds
>dunno if it's just anxiety over summer or if coming off the meds is driving me to madness
>still a 26 y/o kissless hand-holdless virgin
I wish everything would stop.
>>
>>28655642
Pretty much. I have sexual OCD that makes me obsess over torturing and killing people, and doing lewd things to corpses. There is a compulsive element to it so it's not just pure O (I've struggled for years to get it under control but now I can repress the compulsions almost completely. It's still agonizing to not act on them, though). The antisocial behavior, my obsession with death and violence, my poor impulse control, lack of remorse and fearlessness when I was manic, my ease with social interactions and convincing other people to do as I pleased, all that stuff all misled them. I can see where they made the mistake, and it pains me that I didn't have the introspection necessary to communicate my symptoms more clearly to them.
>>
Did anyone else actually enjoy their hospital stay?
>>28655777
Nice dub trips
>>
>>28655690
That sounds a LOT more like some form of autism, Aspergers in particular. Even at my most psychotic I could understand and manipulate social constructs, cues, unspoken rules, people's behavior, etc.

What sort of psychopathic things have you done? There's more to the disorder than just a thought process, there needs to be action to back it up as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 624x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 624x479
>>28641907
>thinking a disorder is equivilent to an illness
Add mental retardation to that list, OP.
>>
>>28655597
>>28655690
Oh, I forget to mention OCD too, a relatively mild case that comes down to constant fidgeting, "correcting" things such as straightening folds on clothes/trimming fingernails until they draw blood/organising my room geometrically and getting quite agitated when things aren't the way I expect them to be, like when chicken takes too long to brown.
>>
>>28655801
I was in a coed ward and got to kiss a pretty BPD girl, although she was released not long after I was committed. Sexual contact wasn't allowed though.

It was pretty comfy overall, was boring at first because I was manic and desperately wanted to be anywhere else, doing things and taking drugs etc., but once I started talking to the other patients I was able to enjoy it.
>>
>>28655852
stop self-diagnosing
you make people who actually have OCD sound like retards who can't be taken seriously
>>
>>28642540
>sister is bipolar, is a slut and coalburner, steals money and no job
>father has a mental disorder, has had a anxiety attack with his mother, talks to no one and is on medication for depression

>tfw I am showing signs and my younger brother is growing up to be like me

Oh shit, I'm worried. At least in my country we have dole for the mental and they can't get conscripted so I might go for it myself. How do I not fuck this up and ensure I get neetbux?'
>>
>>28655801
I call it a full house.
>>
>>28642022
Whoa I've always wanted to meet a schitzo
>>
>>28655907
Go to any city where there are homeless people. So, any city. You will meet schizos eventually.

Chances are you've already seen lots but they were probably medicated or in remission, so they seem normal.
>>
>>28655731
>>28655819
I might have not stated this explicitly, but my lack of understanding isn't the autistic kind, that is being baffled and inept, but rather being unwillingly unable to accept them which often leads to conflict, usually because I'm "brutally honest" or I refuse to comply with rules, especially unspoken ones, because I see them as unfounded and unreasonable.
>>
>>28642572
Found the tard
>>
>>28655852
Actual OCD fag here. What are the consequences of failing to do those things?
>>
>>28655881
>Drawing blood because I can't achieve the perfect angle on my fingernails
>Having a mental breakdown/anger outburst when things even slightly don't go as planned, especially when it comes to visual stuff
>Most of my thoughts go into devising all possible numerical distributions of a hypothetical problem and finding the perfect one, which takes so much of my time I can't function properly and makes unable to fall asleep
>Not serious even in the slightest

I never disregarded OCD of any magnitude. I understand how it works and do not trivialize it.
>>
>>28642898
Disorder | Rating

ParanoidPersonality | Very High
SchizoidPersonality | Very High
SchizotypalPersonality | High
AntisocialPersonality | Moderate
BorderlinePersonality | Low
HistrionicPersonality | Moderate
NarcissisticPersonality | High
AvoidantPersonality | Moderate
DependentPersonality | Moderate
Obsessive-CompulsivePersonality | Moderate

Results
>>
>>28655944
But you are aware of unspoken rules? You just refuse to follow them?
>>
>>28656086
Not that guy, but man

Fuck normies.

Pretty much the reason I more aree with the idea of being a "pro-social psychopath" than as Aspergers.
>>
>>28656049
"Fidgeting," "trimming your nails," and "getting quite agitated" is very, very different from having a mental breakdown or being unable to function due to intrusive thoughts. You should have been more explicit in your original post.
>>
>>28655953
I start feeling various kinds of bad. Most commonly it's either an overwhelming feeling of failure and hopelessness mixed with dissatisfaction and general feeling down (that happens when I can't do anything about something that irks me, like when I see something that needs "correcting" but it is out of my reach) or escalating anger and frustration that reaches it's peak when I lash out on the nearest thing and freeze/start doing something soothing (that happens when I actively attempt to do something but it keeps coming out the wrong way). Before I reach this point, which is right when I get an urge it's like this weird kind of motivation when I feel that I must do something, that this is the right course of action. And when I satisfy those needs, which unfortunately happens rarely, it just "clicks", one of the rare positive feelings I get.
>>
>>28641907
>paranoid
>borderline
>autistic
just kill me pls
>>
>>28656151
I do not like arguing over the choice of words. If something has a general meaning but weak connotations because of the way it sounds I think there is no point in following these connotations. That's one of the reasons I get into conflict with people, apparently I never use the right synonym to a word to make it sound appropriate to the situation. For example by fidgeting I mean that I always need to have my hands and mouth occupied, usually by chewing on the closest item and fondling the next one. It is fidgeting, except as far as I'm concerned fidgeting as a word is seen lightly because of the way you pronounce it, which I don't quite get.
>>
File: 1460118075930.jpg (27 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1460118075930.jpg
27 KB, 160x160
>>28642349
This
Also, BPD reporting for doody.
I realise I'm a massive shitter so i just stay away from people.
>>
>>28655597
I've heard something like a year ago or maybe two that the argument over whether sadism is a personality trait or disorder was coming to a conclusion. If so, do you happen to know what the conclusion was?
>>
>>28655597
Have you ever considered that the "OCD" is just anxiety that's a side effect of not being able to act out your desires? I mean I'd be called a sociopath and/or psychopath if I got to do what I wanted to do to people, including some the sexual stuff (mostly violent BDSM). I wouldn't say I'm 100% functional, but coming to terms with who I am and what I want out of life let's me adjust a few things so I can fit in better. I'd definitely kill someone in a heartbeat but I wouldn't fuck the body, unless, you know, it was really fresh.

Old bodies are gross.

[spoilers] Who's your favorite guro artist? [/spoiler]
>>
>>28656383
That got 2Freud4me. Jokes aside, psychopathy does not require acting things out, just your capabilities.
>>
i am a genuine pedophile
i don't went to hurt anyone I just can't help it
Feels bad... Feels real bad.
>>
>>28656299
There's been studies on sadism as a personality trait for years now, but there is no conclusive research that proves whether or not it's a paraphilia, personality disorder or just potentially a part of someone's personality.

>>28656383
The things I want to do are not normal desires. They come to me as intrusive, unwarranted thoughts, completely unprovoked by any external stimuli. From what I understand, it's normal for people to sometimes get thoughts like that, and it's also normal for people to sometimes feel like they want to do those things when they have good reason to, but it is NOT normal to have those urges almost every waking moment of the day for no good reason at all. On top of that, having a sexual attraction to very decomposed bodies is absolutely a mental illness, there is no justifying that attraction as anything sane no matter how many reasons I have for being attracted to them.

Hieronymus Bosch is my favorite macbre artist of all time. Beksinski and Nicola Samori are wonderful, too. More modern ones would definitely be Robert Adler and Hiroaki Samura.
>>
>>28656164
Yeah, no, that's not OCD. Sorry
>>
>>28656432
Supressing what I want to do causes me a shitton of anxiety, especially suppressing the violent urges. I'm not normal, so there's a lot of stuff I want to do but don't. I get chest pains over it kinda frequently, and have depression over some of it, like the nogf blues.
>>
>>28656470
God tier taste. I reccomend you have a look at the works of Michael Hussar, Giger and Anton Semenov. Also obligatory spot the slav remark.
>>
File: auschwitz_by_gloom82.jpg (190 KB, 833x833) Image search: [Google]
auschwitz_by_gloom82.jpg
190 KB, 833x833
>>28656528
I love Giger as well, can't believe I didn't mention him. Checked out Hussar and Semenov just now and I'm pretty impressed, very nice work. Thanks for the recommendations.
>>
>>28656470
>>28656528
Here you go guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLcH53AG4nQ

Also, hope I get the spoiler right this time: the MLP fandom has a lot of goreshit, crookedtrees was one of the first major artists, and Cupcakes the first gore fanfic
>>
Schizophrenic here. I drank for the first time in a year last night and Hallucinated the face of my dead grandfather talking to me about my lifes choices. Feels bad.
>>
>>28656747
Did you try to explain why he doesn't have any great-grandkids yet?
>>
>>28656713
Crookedtrees is an amazing artist and I'm not sure whether I admire or pity him for his defiance. With this amount of skill he could easily make a living from taking commisions of flamboyant rich people but he decided that art is only right when it is your personal expression and barely makes ends meet through donations and whatever else he does for a living.
>>
>>28641907
What are your opinions on amputees, o certified perverts of this thread?
>>
>>28656481
Not that anon, but what would that be? I'm not really versed in all of this but that sounded plausible and I'm interested to hear about it.
>>
>>28656713
Well, that was wildly entertaining. Impressed by how many different movies they got in there. A little sad to be reminded how much of my life has been occupied by horror films, but hey, when someone can take them and turn them into something wonderful it's not such a loss after all. Thanks for sharing.

>>28656813
As a certified pervert I can confidently say that amputation is extraordinarily lewd. The degree of lewdness in an amputee is directly proportionate to how recently their limb was amputated, based on how much pain they're in and how debilitating the amputation was.

>tfw I can't post any of my amputee guro
>>
>>28657016
>tfw I can't post any of my amputee guro
Why not? I like the concept of amputation but not for sadistic purposes. Rather I think the extra care amputees require is a vaild substitution for purpose in life and a convenient way to receive validation in its purest form.
>>
>>28657066
>tfw no suitcase gf
>>
>>28657066
Guro is banned from all boards except /b/ and /trash/. I don't want to run the risk of some faggot reporting me just for trying to share some artwork. I could always make a thread on another board and dump some of my stuff if enough people are interested, though.
>>
>>28657097
Kek. Not as much kek as fuck nugget though.
>>
>Aspergers
>Depression
>Borderline Personality Disorder
>Anxiety

30yo NEET fuck up checkin' in. Got prescribed some new pills today to help calm me down a bit. Picking them up a little later.
>>
>>28656914
I'm not diagnosing you man. It's not ethical to do that shit over the internet.

My best example for OCD is like this:

>You're waiting the bus stop
>A man sits down at the bench next to you and begins snapping his fingers
>He doesn't stop. You ask him why he's snapping his fingers
>"To keep the tigers away." He says
>'Tigers? What tigers? You're being ridiculous!' you reply
>"I know I am." He says. "I know there aren't any tigers around, but I feel if I don't keep snapping my fingers they'll get me!"

Or

>Little Tommy is having a mental breakdown in class because he is unable to stop thinking about his parents and family getting killed on the way to pick him up after school
>He feels that if he keeps thinking this 'sinful' thought, he will actually cause his family to die
>Because he's an obvious case of undiagnosed and untreated OCD, Tommy quite literally is unable to stop thinking this awful and terrifying thought. It comes repeatedly, especially the more he tries to suppress it. The fear grips him and he fights desperately in his own head to protect his family by rejecting the impulsive visions of them dying in a car wreck
>Later that night, before bed, Tommy pulls the covers over his body and his head, because it keeps the monsters and Satan away. He knows monsters aren't real, but he still feels compelled to do this. It allows him to sleep easy. He has also had intrusive "prayers" to Satan a few moments ago, and reasons that exactly five hail Mary's and being cocooned in his blankets is enough to ward off the prince of evil.

OCD is often misdiagnosed as schizophrenia. Sufferers are perfectly aware of how illogical their beliefs are, yet are unable to stop feeling a strong anxiety towards them. Their remedies are often strange and can take on stereotypical qualities of OCD (Cleanliness, order). At it's core, OCD is deeply rooted in anxiety and obsessive thinking. There is often a consequence for failing to perform some strange ritual. That's OCD
>>
>>28657215
That sounds like delusions and other forms of psychosis which are not a necessary trait in OCD (but can) and often a completely different issue. OCD can in fact be rooted in anxiety and obsessive thinking, but there are more explanations than this, like lack of impulse control etc.
>>
>>28655056
>bits of themselves
>bits
>implying
>>
>tfw brother with aspergers just got diagnosed with psychosis a few days ago

Sucks... He used to be smart and pretty okay socially with a good circle of normal friends, but in the last several months he's been distant as fuck and a lot of times acts and talks like a fairy child. He also hears shit. Upsets me desu...
>>
>>28657677
>have intrusive thoughts almost constantly
>when I get them, I feel extremely, strongly compelled to act out the thoughts that I have, to the point where it will interrupt me speaking, make me drop things, I completely lose track of where I am and become completely absorbed in the urge
>to counter this, I try and remind myself of the consequences of those actions if I were to follow through with them
>if I don't I am EXTREMELY distressed and cannot function, I have to get away from other people immediately for fear of hurting anyone

The stress from fighting with/engaging in the compulsions has given me dematillomania, fueled alcholism, worsens the extremes in my mood from bipolar disorder, but it never, ever is regarded as psychosis. I am not psychotic. I am under the care of several different doctors and they all universally agree that I have OCD.

The scenarios >>28657215 described may sound extreme but those are very stereotypical cases. My psychologist recently told me about a man he used to see who was terrified that his negligence would lead to his children's death. He would get intrusive thoughts about their horrible deaths, with him responsible. He thought he could prevent it by constantly checking the safety of everything around him and his kids. His compulsions were checking doors, windows, alarms, the stove, the car, stairs, etc. to the point where he spent hours a day doing it and could barely function. He was not psychotic either, he was suffering from a severe case of OCD.
>>
>>28658159
Now what you are saying is way more accurate. Nothing to argue with.
>>
>>28657677
That's not psychosis. Especially if the person experiencing those things can differentiate from delusions and reality.
>>
Hey

My doctor has put me on quetiapine and olanzapine. Can you share your opinions about those?
>>
>>28658319
You are bananas, but I question your doctor. They're both antipsychotics, which definitely should not be initially given at the same time. Seroquel is better for long-term maintenance, but prevents active psychosis. It will beat the hell out of your liver and glucose stuff if you take it at high doses. It will also make you very sleepy, just deal with it.

Olanzapine I can't speak on.
>>
>>28658242
You what? Many schizophreniacs can easily tell when they are hallucinating yet it is still classified as psychosis.
>>
>>28658394
I wondered too

but why am i banana?
>>
>>28657189
What kind of pills?
I tried a lot of pills and sadly only benzos worked
Stopped taking them tho
>>
I haven't been diagnosed with aspergers but it's painfully obvious that I have it. How did those of you that have it get diagnosed? Do I even want to make it official? My mom is convinced I have it. When she first brought it up years ago I just kinda got mad and refused to talk about it. I didn't want to be associated with autism in any way. I wanted to be normal. I mean, once you've seen something like Chris chan you never want to go down that path.

I'm starting to become more comfortable though. I don't even want to be a normie. I have a girlfriend (in b4 someone tells me that makes me a normie, it really doesn't. I'm still not a normal functioning member of society. I'm a spergy neet.) I have hobbies. I like myself. That's enough. Should I explore this with some kind of psychologist? Or just leave it alone?
>>
bump because I miss you, OP
>>
>>28659576
You can't just ignore what you are. It's incredibly unhealthy and you should pull up your big boy pants and go get yourself diagnosed.

You're treating aspergers as if you'll be looked down upon like someone who can't change their own pants or some shit. There are people out there right now who have degrees and doctorates who are on the spectrum or are attending Universities.
>>
>>28642501
disregard this anon eating disorders are themselves a disorder
>>
>>28661120
Thanks anon. I will look into it.
>>
>>28644992
"Myself" is my illness, and I learn to fucking deal with it. Medications literally saved my life, as I would become suicidal when I don't take them.

Just as a diabetic or paraplegic isn't shamed for their illnesses, neither should people be for their mind sicknesses.

Now read a book or a cool subject, preferably something on basic medical conditions, science, mathematics, or psychology.
>>
>>28661406
>getting trolled this hard
man, try to read posts objectively in the future and not feed the trolls
I would normally never point this out but I don't want to see the thread get shitted up
>>
>>28642656
We don't. We hate normies.
>>
>>28659576
I got diagnosed because my parents wanted it. Really hated it, and it still bothers me that I have the diagnosis. The legal discrimmination, taking away my options. Having to deal with retarded teachers having no idea that something like that should be kept secret, always worrying about people I know finding out.

I don't like it, but I have no idea how I'd feel if I never got it. Would I want it then? I don't know, I got the diagnosis before I had any want for anything like that, and have always felt it as a burden. But maybe I'd want to know now, if I never knew?
>>
>>28642898
Paranoid: Very High
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: High
Antisocial: Moderate
Borderline: High
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: High
Avoidant: High
Dependent: Very High
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

uhh
>>
How does one go about getting diagnosed?
>>
>>28662320
I already know what you are talking about it because I dealt with it when I was in school. Even though I didn't get diagnosed with aspergers I found out I have a mild case of cerebral palsy. Going to special ed classes due to the things that happened ruined my schooling experience. If I could take it all back there are like 2 or 3 things I would have changed. The diagnosis, the months of the 3rd grade I missed due to cheap dryer sheets causing my skin to break out which was mistaken for a contagious skin condition (I WISH I WAS FUCKING MAKING THIS UP) and not talking about the physical abuse from my dad with anyone.

It sucks that I can pinpoint exactly where it all went wrong. But I'm 27 now and I'm in charge. You don't even know how comforting that is to me anon. After having the adults in my life fail me I've mostly been able to take control. I love my mom but I need to get out of her house. I applied for section 8, I'm going to learn how to drive. It feels like it's finally happening.
>>
>>28642444
yeah, they're the deadliest psychological disorders senpai
>>
>>28641907
I've been to a psychiatrist for the past 6 or 7 years,i've been officially diagnosed with generalized and social anxiety,separation anxiety,depression and narcissistic traits.I also have moderate OCD.My mental disorders are the reason i am a fucking virgin/NEET/high school dropout.Kill me robots,please.
>>
>>28662380
Pick up the phone and call a psychiatrist and talk to him or her how you would to a clinical doctor and you'll be set up with an appointment.
>>
>>28662603
I don't want to kill you. As a NEET high school dropout that's not a virgin I just want to get you laid. I always wished I could take a robot under my wing.
>>
>>28642898

Remember that not all of the guys scoring very high have some disorder, and the guys who do have some disorders are scoring really high, in the 99%. So don't take it too seriously.

>>28642937
>something with symptoms so absurdly similar that it really makes no difference

It seems that schizoids mostly score as INTJ when they take a MBTI test.

> And schizotypals often score as INTP
> And are often confused with Aspergers
> Surprise, surprise
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.